Author Topic: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread  (Read 49843 times)

L.S

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Official Extremely Sorry Thread
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2009, 09:59:36 AM »
jimmy boyes, i dont really know that much about him other than the fact he's brittish and has had footage in some random brittish videos.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2009, 10:09:03 AM »

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »
TX had my favorite part, dude is amazing and seems to keep getting better.

Rowley, Luan, Apples, Vov's and David Gonzalez parts were highlights

Music was shit all around

Tom Penny's part was not too shabby at all, but haters are gonna hate

Lance's part was a pleasure to watch

the rest was meh

cigarettedeer

« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »
I thought it was decent.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2009, 12:54:54 PM »
The Good:

Geoff - Of Course. He killed it. Has such a basic, clean way of skating-and you can always see him pushing after every trick because he's having fun. Great song and great part. Where was a cougar getting shot out of a tree? I gotta say, the last part with him and Lemmy reading was kinda corny.

Appleyard - I think maybe this part won't be thought of as epically as his last two, but the skating is still unbelievable and his style is so casual.

David Gonzales - I don't know how people don't like him. He skates so raw, has a good style, and goes incredibly fast. What more do you want?

Lance - This might have been the best edited part in the video. It was just really cool. Also-was that Neil Blender dressed in a wig watching Lance do the invert? Or was it Lance himself? Great song, great vibe-very inspirational. Of all the Bones Brigade guys I think you can say that Lance has kept it the most real over the years, and seems like the most genuine skate rat of the bunch.

Bob Burnquist - He might be the gnarliest skater on earth. What was up with the no-landing shots of some of his tricks? Like the switch backside tailslide on the mega-rail?

The Bad:

Luan - Amazing skater, but would love for him to ditch the crossed-arms-squatting-down-before-every-trick style. Also, terrible song.

Louie Lopez - I have a feeling this kid is going to be amazing. He's got Guy-Mariano-video-days level little kid-maturity in style and tricks. Part was a little short however, and again, terrible song.

Curran Caples - Was a little unimpressed, but I'd like to see him get really good in a few years-he has a good style.

Willow - Pretty sick style. But most of the rumors about his stunts proved to be false.

Rune - He kills transitions, but his part never really captures how fast he goes or made it look as sick as it is. A handful of his tricks were insane though. Also: Dear Europe, Prodigy sucks.

The Ugly:

Shane Cross - I really, really, really hate to say this, but the way they edited Shane's part was insanely bad. I guess I get that they were trying to capture his personality and what he was like when he was alive, and to give the feeling that he is in a better place now-I just didn't like the way it was done, it felt trivial, considering that this human being is dead. I guess in a personal sense I feel it is kind of in bad taste to remember Shane in his last part as just some stoner guy, which is kinda how it makes him look. But whatever, if his friends and family like it I guess that's all that matters.

The Eh:

Ali - Obviously hasn't been able to film a full part, but there were some cool things in there. I don't know how to feel about the Pink Panther song, but I enjoyed watching it.

Rodrigo TX - Might be the most slept on part - he has about 20 unbelievably sick tricks. Not to many people have the kind of control he does. Another terrible song, however.

Tom Penny - A handful of sick tricks. Why does he dress like that? They should have just filmed him talking for 3 minutes instead of skating IS DIS REAL OR IS DIS REALLY REAL.

The Editing - was a pretty mixed bag in my eyes. They took a lot of risks, some of it works and is fun/interesting, some of it is annoying and will be worse on repeated viewings. But in a general sense I think they have a success here, and the video definitely stands out from everything else being released right now.
lance as a different part because the filming and perhaps the editing was done by a nike guy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:56:52 PM by vince the stud »
tricks are for kids , style is forever

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »
Really? That was one of my guesses, but if it was him the footage must have been really old considering he hasn't dressed that way in about 6 years.

pretty sure it was rowley, that's what i thought. why wouldnt it be him? he did have a large collection of hats throughout the part

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #336 on: October 13, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Really? That was one of my guesses, but if it was him the footage must have been really old considering he hasn't dressed that way in about 6 years.
[close]

pretty sure it was rowley, that's what i thought. why wouldnt it be him? he did have a large collection of hats throughout the part
its arto, its from a distructo ad earlier this year.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2009, 01:19:19 PM »
I thought the video was sick. Still haven't seen all of it but for the most part, it was a solid video. The music as said wasn't the best but I think it was better then some of Flips other songs in other videos. But I thought this was better then Mindfield. The only thing that really seemed like it was missing was Arto and Bastien. Just doesn't seem like a Flip video without them.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #338 on: October 13, 2009, 01:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Apples part was good, so was david's.  I wish there were more lines, but the video was rad.

Why did Arto leave Flip?
[close]

i know what you mean, apples part were mostley single tricks. i loved all the lines his did in sorry, really sorry

rewatch that really sorry part. there's not as many line in there as you think. there's only like three or four. and i'm kind of upset at how old some of appleyard's footy is, but his tricks at the end are crazy.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #339 on: October 13, 2009, 01:41:08 PM »
pretty hyped on lance skating to the damned. made me feel like i was watching an old black label video.

and the bone brigade video show references made me happy

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #340 on: October 13, 2009, 01:44:50 PM »
The Good:

Geoff - Of Course. He killed it. Has such a basic, clean way of skating-and you can always see him pushing after every trick because he's having fun. Great song and great part. Where was a cougar getting shot out of a tree? I gotta say, the last part with him and Lemmy reading was kinda corny.

I guess they took it out.  A lot of people were pretty pissed off about it at the prermiere.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #341 on: October 13, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »
I do not give a shit about this video but Gnarles Manson sent a link so I watched some of it. I watched Geoff, Shane Cross, Ali Boulala, Appleyard, Penny and that little mexican kid that looks like a girl. I am frightened of claymation so that was a horrible experience for me, and I'm guessing most other people. Geoff's song and part were good, Shane Cross had some good stuff with terribly horrible editing and effects, Ali's stuff was ok, Tom Penny's clothes really ruin his tricks, I miss 1995 Penny, Appleyard is amazing and deserves to be on a better company, the mexican kid is good and really wants to be super gnarly hessian dude or whatever, but if he died I wouldn't really care. Pretty shitty video with some really good skateboarders
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #342 on: October 13, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »
Here's a mondo crapulent video review for fartknockin sugar daddyz:

http://thediamondconspiracies.blogspot.com/2009/10/exasperatingly-sorry.html

PsychOut

« Reply #343 on: October 13, 2009, 02:41:06 PM »
i just realised Lance part made it out to be one season of skating, his wearing the same clothes and skating the same board for his whole part, wouldnt it be amazing if he actually filmed his whole part in one day.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: October 13, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »
i just realised Lance part made it out to be one season of skating, his wearing the same clothes and skating the same board for his whole part, wouldnt it be amazing if he actually filmed his whole part in one day.

You are really stupid, and you mean "session" not "season". I think you meant to write "realized" instead of "realised", which isn't a word at all. Instead of "his" I believe you were trying to write "he's". Are you from Brazil by any chance?
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

PsychOut

« Reply #345 on: October 13, 2009, 02:58:51 PM »
naa i just cant type for shit, i can spell but i cant type and spell, it sounds retarted.

cja105

« Reply #346 on: October 13, 2009, 03:03:50 PM »
Well, I just watched it for the first time this evening (thanks to somebody posting a link) and I gotta say this video is a mixture of the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm not motivated enough to write a proper review (Nick Dagger did a fairly good job above), but in a nutshell, it's basically fairly decent skating ruined by bad music and extremely (!) amateur editing/art direction. Bob Burnquist is insane though and TX really came through.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »
naa i just cant type for shit, i can spell but i cant type and spell, it sounds retarted.

Do you have dyslexia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

Vans.and.Vnecks

• Rep: -8
« Reply #348 on: October 13, 2009, 03:08:41 PM »
I was slightly let down but not because of the music, editing, art direction, or any of that bullshit that I don't know why you all care about so much. I was let down because I had imagined the parts would be longer. (From what I can remember) Rodrigo and David Gonzalez were the only two parts that seemed to be a good length considering how long they took to make the video.

PsychOut

« Reply #349 on: October 13, 2009, 03:13:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you have dyslexia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

correct

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2009, 06:14:14 PM »
i don't get why people even bother posting stuff that's like "OMFG YOU MISSPELLED THE FOLLOWING WORDS IN A VERY MILD WAY!" who fucking cares?

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2009, 06:42:18 PM »
i don't get why people even bother posting stuff that's like "OMFG YOU MISSPELLED THE FOLLOWING WORDS IN A VERY MILD WAY!" who fucking cares?
mistaking "session" as "season" and "he's" as "his" aren't even misspellings, they're entirely different words with completely different meanings. i didn't even understand psychout's post initially from the mistakes.

ilovecotg

• Rep: -7
« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »
He's from australia, they are all a bit slow

ilovecotg

• Rep: -7
« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2009, 07:12:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are really stupid, and you mean "session" not "season". I think you meant to write "realized" instead of "realised", which isn't a word at all. Instead of "his" I believe you were trying to write "he's". Are you from Brazil by any chance?

To his defence though most english speaking nations spell realised and other similar words with the 's' as opposed to the states who use a 'z'

General Cornrow Wallace

• Rep: -3
« Reply #354 on: October 13, 2009, 07:12:52 PM »
I like the claymation

barr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2009, 07:40:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

To his defence though most english speaking nations spell realised and other similar words with the 's' as opposed to the states who use a 'z'

ah now you're just fucking with him

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #356 on: October 13, 2009, 07:51:01 PM »
bs 360 powerslides!

IPODS SUCK!

• Rep: 13
  • skaters do it to fakie
« Reply #357 on: October 13, 2009, 08:29:33 PM »
lance was fucking awesome and ruled the video.

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2009, 09:54:49 PM »
I thought the video was sick. Still haven't seen all of it but for the most part, it was a solid video. The music as said wasn't the best but I think it was better then some of Flips other songs in other videos. But I thought this was better then Mindfield. The only thing that really seemed like it was missing was Arto and Bastien. Just doesn't seem like a Flip video without them.
So what you're trying to say is:

The soundtrack was better than Sorry/Really Sorry (Bowie, Tom Petty, Gray Matter, The Smiths etc.)?
It was better than Mindfield (probably the best video in the 21st century)?

To each his own, but those statements are quite ludacris. It's like saying Josh Kaspers "The Storm" part was better than Dill's "Photosynthesis" part.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So what you're trying to say is:

The soundtrack was better than Sorry/Really Sorry (Bowie, Tom Petty, Gray Matter, The Smiths etc.)?
It was better than Mindfield (probably the best video in the 21st century)?

To each his own, but those statements are quite ludacris. It's like saying Josh Kaspers "The Storm" part was better than Dill's "Photosynthesis" part.
Who skated to Tom Petty?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.