Author Topic: Encounters with Pro Skaters  (Read 148802 times)

Shufflessss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
Re: Encounters with Pro Skaters
« Reply #570 on: August 23, 2011, 08:45:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Met Scuba Steve and Mike Anderson yesterday at Riley skatepark in Michigan!
They also posted on my instagram after

[close]
What are they doing out here?
They said it was the last eS trip
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #571 on: August 23, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
Kerry Getz - He was super mellow when not skating. Then he tried to bs nosegrind this 7 stair long ledge but it was super windy so he kept trying many times and got super pissed so i didnt want to disturb him hah!

Paul shier - Nice guy talkin and shit pretty social.

Jason dill - Super nice and when a friend told him (who is now 25) that he was his favourite skater through his teens he was a little bitter about time passing really fast.

AVE - Nice guy even though he looks like he is pissed off all the time.

Arto Saari - We were drinkin beer down a skate spot late at night and a blonde guy and anothe guy approach us and ask us about spots to film and shit. A friend talks with them and he returns and he is like "dude this was Arto Saari" and we were all like WTF?? He was alone with a filmer checkin our city while the rest of his team was in another city near. Next day we showed  them a 16 stair handrail and he f/s boardslid it in three tries like it was nothing. He was cool too he would answer any questions as like why flip dropped bastien salabanzi and everything about his former teammates in flip(before going to AWS).

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #572 on: August 23, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »
The U.S. Bombs played at my work on Sunday. I had to tell Duane Peters he couldn't smoke inside, and to keep his drink in the bar. Cool guy. I thought he'd be taller.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #573 on: August 23, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »

Met Scuba Steve and Mike Anderson yesterday at Riley skatepark in Michigan!
They also posted on my instagram after

DA FUCK?! I was super close to going to Riley yesterday too! :(

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
  • the moon rules
« Reply #574 on: August 31, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
there was a deathwish/baker signing thing at orchard last night.  after it was over a bunch of peopel drank and skated the ramp with them. everyone walked away with something and all those dudes were actually super cool. everyone regrouped and took over the bar. went back to the apt and marty murawski came back and we all drank beer, smoked cigarettes, and danced/sung along to blondie, madona, and britney spears
fuck you bama

Molusk One

« Reply #575 on: September 01, 2011, 02:34:25 AM »
^^^ A mate of mine told me a funny story about Murawski recently. He was holidaying in Barcelona and happened to recognise Marty in a pub. He was so drunk that he called him Sid Melvin, but apparently Marty laughed it off. He also tried to buy Marty a beer but had lost his wallet or something. It was funnier when he told me. Oh well.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #576 on: September 01, 2011, 05:26:50 AM »
The U.S. Bombs played at my work on Sunday. I had to tell Duane Peters he couldn't smoke inside, and to keep his drink in the bar. Cool guy. I thought he'd be taller.
I thought he went completely sober.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #577 on: September 01, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I thought he went completely sober.

Homeboy was drunk as a skunk.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #578 on: September 01, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »
More memorably I got to hold the master beta
read a couple of pages of this thread and this had to be pointed out. carry on.

Doobination

• Rep: -2
« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »
Well basicallly all of the pros that i have met have been at Rincon middle school (the place with the famous big 4 and 10 stair hubba) I actually saw nyjah huston there about a month ago, didnt recognize him without the dreads but it was him for sure. he ended up getting kickflip back lip on this rail that has about an 8 stair drop down the big 4, then his manager hooked me and my friend up with some boards too. Definately one of my more memorable skating days.

Other pros i have seen at rincon are Kenny hoyle, who just seems really stoned and doesnt try very hard. Kelly hart, and a whole lot of other pros/ams i couldnt really recognize who they were

weed420

• Rep: 38
« Reply #580 on: September 04, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »
too lazy to rotate, but this is dill lookin real good

Siem van Woerkom

• Rep: -8
    • Mpora avatar image
« Reply #581 on: September 05, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »
I've met a lot of pro's. But the ones i fanned out about the most has to be the entire Black Label team when i was 12, that demo changed my life!
Siem Van Woerkom - Mpora Skateboard    Expert

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #582 on: September 05, 2011, 11:00:07 AM »

jeez can't a guy just be hungover without people fuckin snapping pics at him.  that is why some pro skateboarders are dicks.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

weed420

• Rep: 38
« Reply #583 on: September 06, 2011, 02:32:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

jeez can't a guy just be hungover without people fuckin snapping pics at him.  that is why some pro skateboarders are dicks.
nope. and sorry if i offended you, but the same reason why i took this pic is the same reason that i'm on a fucking skateboard forum. i'm too old to be this weird about skateboarding, but i still am.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #584 on: September 06, 2011, 05:47:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
nope. and sorry if i offended you, but the same reason why i took this pic is the same reason that i'm on a fucking skateboard forum. i'm too old to be this weird about skateboarding, but i still am.

wut
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

niallc95

• Rep: 0
« Reply #585 on: September 06, 2011, 09:17:30 AM »
Being from Northern Ireland, fuck all pros come over here, the last was like jamie thomas back in like 98 when i was like 3 years old. Do local skaters count??? cause I speak to Conhuir lynn (am for slave) and Denis lynn, his younger brother (am for superdead) quite a bit. Real dead on people.

SweetLou

• Rep: -2
« Reply #586 on: September 06, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
i watched my homie teach clark hassler how to roll an inside out joint and it was awesome

fruitpunch

« Reply #587 on: September 06, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »
chaz ortiz is an asshole chris cole is so nice jack curtain cuts ppl off a lot

Tenderloin1

• Rep: -5
« Reply #588 on: September 06, 2011, 09:24:21 PM »
i met simon woodstock at a church function today,nah im kidding i worship satan,nah im playing i dont believe in either of those t-dogs.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #589 on: September 06, 2011, 10:20:08 PM »
Being from Northern Ireland, fuck all pros come over here, the last was like jamie thomas back in like 98 when i was like 3 years old. Do local skaters count??? cause I speak to Conhuir lynn (am for slave) and Denis lynn, his younger brother (am for superdead) quite a bit. Real dead on people.

Melcher yeah?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #590 on: September 08, 2011, 01:28:17 PM »
Listed from the nicest to the not so kind.

Rick Howard
- all about conversation
Brian Anderson - Really good at putting up with tons of kids in the shop asking him to come hang out and buy them beer.
Mike Carroll- intimidating sure but all compliments and jokes
Pops - I was hanging out with some friends after the DQM earlier this summer outside of a deli in the Lower East where they give you a lolli-pop with each sandwich. Pops was in there getting some food and when he walked out was super cool, chilled and shot the shit for a minute and then gave my homie his dum-dum because he "doesn't like the root beer flavor.
Raven Tershy - Creepily complimented my shirt from behind when I didn't know he was standing behind me. But then had a 5 minute conversation about how his filming for the Chocolate video is coming.
Lizard King - Seemed hyped to acknowledge all of his teen stoner fans.
Erik Ellington - Gave some kid a pack of about a hundred fucking stickers as props for the shirt he had on. Then told him not to share them with anyone because they were special and only meant for the owner of that shirt. Obvious joke but the kid was like 11 and almost cried from joy.
Steve Olson - Nicer than he seems and laughed when some kid asked if he was related to Alex
Quim Cardona - Should be higher up on this list. Dude is all smiles and once you get him going he won't stop.
Billy Rohan - Kind of a douch but he gives a lot to the kids and shit so it  makes up for it I guess.
Reynolds - Went in to a signing through the back door. Then wouldn't take a break from his slice of pizza to sign some kids board.
Shane Heyl - Only dude I have ever met who I literally just wanted to staple his mouth shut, tie a cinder block to his feet and toss him in the middle of the Mississippi river.

you shouldn't bother a man eating a slice of pizza
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #591 on: September 08, 2011, 02:16:18 PM »
yeah who would even ask a guy with pizza to stop eating?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2529
« Reply #592 on: December 24, 2011, 08:20:10 AM »
bump
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

ericw

« Reply #593 on: December 25, 2011, 06:25:27 AM »
My favorite encounter was skating 3block in philly while in 7th grade. Pete Eldridge and Kevin Taylor showed up and were real cool. I had some footage of them but it all got lost.
Oh, and while skating my local park, Maldonado hooked me up with a brand new bootleg board when I was in 5th grade i think? it had a worm coming out of an apple...pretty funny graphic

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #594 on: December 26, 2011, 10:32:25 AM »
i saw me skating once and i went up to me and i was like "oh shit! youre hella sick!" and I was like "fuck off faggot!" and then i got hella bummed. but its all good, we all have our bad days. I bet i was under a lot of pressure that day cause of my sponsors and people treating me like im some kind of a god. i mean, im just human you know. but i didnt understand, i just wanted to bro down so i could tell my friends.

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #595 on: December 27, 2011, 05:21:54 AM »
Kerry Getz - He was super mellow when not skating. Then he tried to bs nosegrind this 7 stair long ledge but it was super windy so he kept trying many times and got super pissed so i didnt want to disturb him hah!

Paul shier - Nice guy talkin and shit pretty social.

Jason dill - Super nice and when a friend told him (who is now 25) that he was his favourite skater through his teens he was a little bitter about time passing really fast.

AVE - Nice guy even though he looks like he is pissed off all the time.

Arto Saari - We were drinkin beer down a skate spot late at night and a blonde guy and anothe guy approach us and ask us about spots to film and shit. A friend talks with them and he returns and he is like "dude this was Arto Saari" and we were all like WTF?? He was alone with a filmer checkin our city while the rest of his team was in another city near. Next day we showed  them a 16 stair handrail and he f/s boardslid it in three tries like it was nothing. He was cool too he would answer any questions as like why flip dropped bastien salabanzi and everything about his former teammates in flip(before going to AWS).

so why did flip drop bastien salabanzi?

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #596 on: December 27, 2011, 06:32:45 AM »
In 6th grade I went to Mulholland Jr High in Van Nuys. One day when I was waiting for PE to class to be released some junior bloods who were busses in from downtown were giving me shit for being a skater, and none of my Hispanic pee wee gang friends were around to get my back. This nice and laid back kid named Jeron came up and said something like "don't worry about it, those guys are just jerks." The rest of the school year we would trade Nintendo games back and forth for a week at a time. I borrowed his Double Dragon cartridge, then missed the last couple days of school and ended up keeping the game all summer. The 1st day of seventh grade I brought it and gave it back, he wasn't mad at all that I had his game for a few months. During 8th grade I moved to Michigan so my dad could kick his heroin habit. A couple years later I visited my LA family and picked up this little skate zine and there was a check out section with a sequence of this guy doing a blunt backside double flip transfer over a little spine. I recognized the guy as the kid I traded NES games with, at this time he was am for Blind, a young Jeron Wilson. Though he wasn't pro at the time, he went on to be. I saw him at SkateLab around 2002, chatted a little bit and he was still super mellow and nice, just like 6th grade.

No mongz

• Rep: -6
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #597 on: December 27, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
When I was like, 13 I asked Keegen Sauder to sign an old deck
He did but also wrote "Fuk U"
pretty sick

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #598 on: December 28, 2011, 03:14:51 AM »
In 6th grade I went to Mulholland Jr High in Van Nuys. One day when I was waiting for PE to class to be released some junior bloods who were busses in from downtown were giving me shit for being a skater, and none of my Hispanic pee wee gang friends were around to get my back. This nice and laid back kid named Jeron came up and said something like "don't worry about it, those guys are just jerks." The rest of the school year we would trade Nintendo games back and forth for a week at a time. I borrowed his Double Dragon cartridge, then missed the last couple days of school and ended up keeping the game all summer. The 1st day of seventh grade I brought it and gave it back, he wasn't mad at all that I had his game for a few months. During 8th grade I moved to Michigan so my dad could kick his heroin habit. A couple years later I visited my LA family and picked up this little skate zine and there was a check out section with a sequence of this guy doing a blunt backside double flip transfer over a little spine. I recognized the guy as the kid I traded NES games with, at this time he was am for Blind, a young Jeron Wilson. Though he wasn't pro at the time, he went on to be. I saw him at SkateLab around 2002, chatted a little bit and he was still super mellow and nice, just like 6th grade.

Inbred Jed? If not, take it as a compliment.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #599 on: December 28, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »
Gave Shane Oneill 3 dollars for his Berrics part in person. It was terribly awkward.