Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8761597 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #36150 on: January 28, 2020, 05:00:57 PM »
Shoes then> shoes now

I’m tired of DC, nike and Adidas has gone super down hill, we can’t even get normal dunks or blazers to skate without having to do a stupid raffle now.

Tbh, I rewatched the Tyler Bledsoe Etnies part for his shoe back then, and was like “damn even Etnies was cool back then”.

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

pdknox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #36151 on: January 28, 2020, 05:16:28 PM »
Shoes then> shoes now

I’m tired of DC, nike and Adidas has gone super down hill, we can’t even get normal dunks or blazers to skate without having to do a stupid raffle now.

Tbh, I rewatched the Tyler Bledsoe Etnies part for his shoe back then, and was like “damn even Etnies was cool back then”.

i suggest you take a look at the reseller market.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #36152 on: January 28, 2020, 07:21:09 PM »
That post from 2011 is straight ass. Elfin slip-ons that only one person could pull off, some weird Gravis high tops, a boat shoe, and a Cons shoe that you know didn't skate well? Pass.

Those cons there that aren’t the boat shoes are no lie some of the best shoes I’ve ever skated, hands down

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #36153 on: January 28, 2020, 07:25:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Shoes then> shoes now

[close]

i suggest you take a look at the reseller market.
truxk it hi and low. strangelove dunks coming early feb Plus those multicolor highs. Going to be a lot of releases but all desirable by non skate resellers to make $15/3 subway sandwiches

Washed Up Guy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #36154 on: January 28, 2020, 08:29:46 PM »
yo any sizing advice for the new adidas superstar adv would be most appreciated. been debating with myself if i should order a pair since i can't try em on around here. i wear 8.5 in busenitz advs for comparison, they fit pretty well i'd say.

I would say get your normal size.
Haven't tried on the busenitz adv but I did skate the busenitz vulc, campus, some different nikes and a few vans all the same size as I skate the superstar adv.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36155 on: January 29, 2020, 12:00:00 AM »

In this colorway the rowan looks pretty good

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #36156 on: January 29, 2020, 01:15:03 AM »
Vans is hosting a launch party/session for skate shops on February 7th in LA.

They should drop late February or early March.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #36157 on: January 29, 2020, 02:20:51 AM »
Expand Quote
yo any sizing advice for the new adidas superstar adv would be most appreciated. been debating with myself if i should order a pair since i can't try em on around here. i wear 8.5 in busenitz advs for comparison, they fit pretty well i'd say.
[close]

I would say get your normal size.
Haven't tried on the busenitz adv but I did skate the busenitz vulc, campus, some different nikes and a few vans all the same size as I skate the superstar adv.

ok, thank you my man.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #36158 on: January 29, 2020, 04:16:20 AM »
Expand Quote
That post from 2011 is straight ass. Elfin slip-ons that only one person could pull off, some weird Gravis high tops, a boat shoe, and a Cons shoe that you know didn't skate well? Pass.
[close]

the 'weird Gravis high tops' were the Dylan Mid's & they were sick as fuck

second'd. i had these ones and they were easily one of my favorite shoes.

good come sausage

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #36159 on: January 29, 2020, 04:55:04 AM »
Loved those Rieder highs too... I tried to find these shiny leather ones for the longest time after seeing that nollie frontside 180 in the Gravis part:

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #36160 on: January 29, 2020, 05:29:09 AM »
When I opened the last page and just kinda scrolled through and looked at images, I was under the impression that Gravis was making the Dylan Slip-On again now that Huf shoes is done and I just about pooped my pants from excitement.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #36161 on: January 29, 2020, 06:31:01 AM »

socalskateshop.com already has them up online

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2296
« Reply #36162 on: January 29, 2020, 08:21:04 AM »

San Diego actually. Got hooked up with a trip down there. Any other Slap Pals gonna be at it?

Agnarnomous

« Reply #36163 on: January 29, 2020, 09:31:03 AM »
I wish there were more high tops from skate shoe companies. And not that flimsy Chuck Taylor style high top either. I want at least a litle padding on the ankles, and something better than a basic vulc sole. I'm on my 6th pair of Newport hi's from lakai, and I can't find anything else worth skating. Before they came out I was skating sk8-hi pro's for years, but the last few pairs of those I had fell apart super fast.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #36164 on: January 29, 2020, 10:30:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

$65 is a good price

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36165 on: January 29, 2020, 10:30:49 AM »
I wish there were more high tops from skate shoe companies. And not that flimsy Chuck Taylor style high top either. I want at least a litle padding on the ankles, and something better than a basic vulc sole. I'm on my 6th pair of Newport hi's from lakai, and I can't find anything else worth skating. Before they came out I was skating sk8-hi pro's for years, but the last few pairs of those I had fell apart super fast.

Blazer, duh

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #36166 on: January 29, 2020, 10:52:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

$65 is a good price
agreed was thinking the same

Agnarnomous

« Reply #36167 on: January 29, 2020, 11:44:12 AM »

Blazer, duh

When I said skate shoe companies, I meant companies that exclusively or mainly make skate shoes. I should have specified. I've been firmly in the fuck Nike/Adidas/NB for a while now. But that might have to change. I really don't like the idea of non skate oriented companies essentially having a monopoly on skate shoes. But at the same time they do pay their riders very well. I'm torn on this tbh.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2296
« Reply #36168 on: January 29, 2020, 12:01:48 PM »

https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com/products/cinex-mid-white

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36169 on: January 29, 2020, 01:27:44 PM »
Expand Quote

Blazer, duh
[close]

When I said skate shoe companies, I meant companies that exclusively or mainly make skate shoes. I should have specified. I've been firmly in the fuck Nike/Adidas/NB for a while now. But that might have to change. I really don't like the idea of non skate oriented companies essentially having a monopoly on skate shoes. But at the same time they do pay their riders very well. I'm torn on this tbh.

They’re the shoes worn on the cover of the first Thrasher back in 81

Agnarnomous

« Reply #36170 on: January 29, 2020, 02:47:52 PM »

https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com/products/cinex-mid-white

Damn dude those are right up my alley, thanks man! When/where did this company come from, and who runs it? Never even heard of them. I'm definitely about to grab those high tops.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #36171 on: January 29, 2020, 02:49:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Blazer, duh
[close]

[close]

They’re the shoes worn on the cover of the first Thrasher back in 81

Yea yea, I get that. But you know what I mean dude lol.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #36172 on: January 29, 2020, 04:07:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Blazer, duh

saw this on insta - not a high but a mid, and i'm not too big on mids but i like this alot

*edit - found some more skate company hi tops for ya:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:15:11 PM by sus »

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1130
« Reply #36173 on: January 29, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »

Damn dude those are right up my alley, thanks man! When/where did this company come from, and who runs it? Never even heard of them. I'm definitely about to grab those high tops.

These tts?

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #36174 on: January 29, 2020, 04:32:21 PM »

Rad dude from Portland started it maybe 3 years ago? Shawn Baravetto, an ex Nike guy who has been skateboarding forever. He runs it out of his garage basically, truly a skater owned operation. Worth supporting!! He posts on here when anyone has questions about his stuff, in a Proper thread.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #36175 on: January 29, 2020, 04:51:15 PM »
Expand Quote

Blazer, duh
[close]

I was all "fuck nike" too. Then my feet started to get fucked. Once I tried on some Blazer mids it was all over. They really are the best.

They ain't "core" but their product is far above the rest. The first pair of skate shoes that haven't made my feet sore in 5 years.

Don't be like me and wait forever. I regret being so loyal to brands that made subpar quality shit.

Take care of your feet man.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #36176 on: January 29, 2020, 05:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

$65 is a good price
[close]
agreed was thinking the same

Was ready to cop a pair but, didn’t see them.

But adding to the Gravis. I barely missed Gravis and I hate myself for not starting skating earlier (even if I’ve wouldn’t have saved a pair)
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #36177 on: January 29, 2020, 06:14:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Rad dude from Portland started it maybe 3 years ago? Shawn Baravetto, an ex Nike guy who has been skateboarding forever. He runs it out of his garage basically, truly a skater owned operation. Worth supporting!! He posts on here when anyone has questions about his stuff, in a Proper thread.

Nice, I'm probably gonna try those white high/mids. Thanks for the info man!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Blazer, duh
[close]

saw this on insta - not a high but a mid, and i'm not too big on mids but i like this alot

*edit - found some more skate company hi tops for ya:

I like the tfunks. Didn't like the soles/insoles on the couple pairs of states/emericas I've owned though.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #36178 on: January 29, 2020, 06:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Blazer, duh
[close]

[close]

I was all "fuck nike" too. Then my feet started to get fucked. Once I tried on some Blazer mids it was all over. They really are the best.

They ain't "core" but their product is far above the rest. The first pair of skate shoes that haven't made my feet sore in 5 years.

Don't be like me and wait forever. I regret being so loyal to brands that made subpar quality shit.

Take care of your feet man.

My feet are fine, especially after I started using footprint insoles (founded by skaters). Thanks for caring.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #36179 on: January 30, 2020, 01:15:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Blazer, duh
[close]

I know Sus already posted but we've got the Omen Hi which is actually a bit cheaper than the Blazer. There is a the Winkowski colorway which is vegan and has a rubber toe cap and ollie guard. Dropping in the next couple weeks is a black/white suede and also a Nathan Kostechko Reserve of the Omen Hi in a full grain leather. As Sus posted the Pillar launches in 3 colors in Fall 2020. If you've got any questions please don't hesitate to PM me.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 01:30:08 AM by EmericaTM »