Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8762631 times)

allann, mongopushingmallgraber, fuckmyself and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #40590 on: January 08, 2021, 09:57:42 AM »
Also think the white ones look good. Also curious what’s in the box?!

Also @TheAmericanAntique  if you’re talking about her stitching on the toe cap I think that’s where the flick shield may be.
These grey ones look fucking great.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:05:47 AM by Murge »

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40591 on: January 08, 2021, 10:22:47 AM »

Also @TheAmericanAntique  if you’re talking about her stitching on the toe cap I think that’s where the flick shield may be.

full catalog link here
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/Emerica-SP21-Catalog1/42/

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #40592 on: January 08, 2021, 10:24:53 AM »

Yeah these have Flick Shield just like The Dicksons.

https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/Emerica-SP21-Catalog1
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:58:02 AM by EmericaTM »

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #40593 on: January 08, 2021, 10:30:43 AM »
The Gamma is what Adidas Continental vulc tried to be. Looks so much better!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #40594 on: January 08, 2021, 11:30:33 AM »
If those are oxblood Spankys, I’m stoked. Between those and the G6 cups, Emerica will get some money from me.

I wonder if there are any new Reserve shoes planned soon.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 32
« Reply #40595 on: January 08, 2021, 11:40:49 AM »
The tilts don't look too bad. i loved the original though so i'd much rather just have a re issue of that.

also really wanna see the KSL that they are re issuing, had so many pairs of those.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #40596 on: January 08, 2021, 12:15:41 PM »
If those are oxblood Spankys, I’m stoked. Between those and the G6 cups, Emerica will get some money from me.

I wonder if there are any new Reserve shoes planned soon.
I'm more stoked on the oxblood Spankys and those KSL remakes than the new Tilts. Don't get me wrong, the Tilts look nice, but I also think that a cupsole would've been more appropriate.

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #40597 on: January 08, 2021, 12:29:17 PM »
Outside of that weird VulcAnal monstrosity of a pack and the interesting but kinda a miss multi-material pack, Emerica actually is showing up heavy for Spring 21! I'm definitely gonna snag a pair of the Tilt. I had the original back in the day, but this seems like a proper modern vulc version. Kinda like when Lakai brought the Manchester to vulc. Just well done, classic looking, and skateable.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

dumptruck12

• Rep: -105
« Reply #40598 on: January 08, 2021, 01:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
full catalog link here

So check this out, Emerica needs to find out who’s behind all those designs and seriously fire them. As a Emerica fan, I have never been more disgusted with a catalog from them. Those extra rubber shoes are gross. Stop trying to sell the reynolds vulc, them shits are dumb and no little kid wants them. Printed shoes? Yuck, seriously, let’s try again next season...embarrassment to a great company

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • old and in the way
« Reply #40599 on: January 08, 2021, 01:21:32 PM »
Dear @EmericaTM
Some thoughts on a possible/hopeful 2021 relevancy:
Romero, Dickson, Spanky, Provost, Servold, and Leabres are sick. Your team is pretty much interchangeable though. The handrail hammer stoner metal tight jeans aesthetic is cool but if all your riders besides Spanky follow that template then they seem like legos. Interchangeable. Consider sponsoring some new, unique talents. A tech skater, a GX 1000 hill bombing psychopath, or a Fancy Lad type might be nice. I love Servold but I don't ever need to see him bs boardslide another handrail.
Christ-on-a-crutch... you gotta get some women and people of color representing your brand. C'mon man.
Get some ams.
Make tee shirts, hats, jackets, etc that are inspired. You've been phoning it in there for years. The Emerica logo is cool but you need to consider that it isn't enough to warrant a clothing purchase. Look to Indy, Spitfire, and Thrasher as brands that take their softgoods seriously.
Having insoles available for purchase is a fantastic idea. Vans insoles are garbage. Footprint is a dumpster fire and you guys could really do well with some cool tech and possible variety.
Make interesting video edits. Your instagram is like a wasteland besides reposts. Content of high quality breeds interest and brand loyalty: Polar is a good example. And when you look back at Green and note that Dickson didn't get a SOTY nod then that should tell you something about the failure of a formulaic approach since he killed it in that video.
The Gamma seems like a step in the right direction. Diversify and excel. The Shifter boot was cool. Not everything has to be Vans-Lite.
I think you might benefit from studying NB# as a company that learned from its failures.
Interact with skateboarding. Listen- we want you to do well but we can't save you. Ultimately the young skaters decide whats up and they are finicky and uneducated about Emerica's influential history. They need to feel represented and psyched.
Please don't be salty about this, Tim. I'm generally hoping you guys come out swinging for 2021. The Gamma looks nice. Jon Dickson is beyond incredible and Spanky is a wonderful, far out freak. Good luck! <3
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 06:00:16 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #40600 on: January 08, 2021, 02:04:54 PM »
Taking a step back from the quarterly discussion on how Emerica could be better. (We come from a place of love @EmericaTM)
Etnies and eS catalogs for SP21 are also available now https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/

edit- The eS Silo SC looks more like a Tilt rerelease than the Emerica Tilt rerelease....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 02:25:00 PM by Porkchop Sandwiches »

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #40601 on: January 08, 2021, 02:13:43 PM »
good post  ^^^

Glurmpz

« Reply #40602 on: January 08, 2021, 02:35:37 PM »
Taking a step back from the quarterly discussion on how Emerica could be better. (We come from a place of love @EmericaTM)
Etnies and eS catalogs for SP21 are also available now https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/

edit- The eS Silo SC looks more like a Tilt rerelease than the Emerica Tilt rerelease....

Password protected.

Space Monkey

« Reply #40603 on: January 08, 2021, 02:36:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Password protected.
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/etnies-SP21-Catalog
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/eS-SP21-Catalog

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #40604 on: January 08, 2021, 02:58:09 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #40605 on: January 08, 2021, 03:24:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Password protected.
[close]
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/etnies-SP21-Catalog
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/eS-SP21-Catalog
Never thought I would say that but etnies models got more interesting than Emerica or éS

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40606 on: January 08, 2021, 04:02:37 PM »
What the fuck I like etnies now.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #40607 on: January 08, 2021, 04:07:32 PM »
Kinda bummed there’s no veer Slip-On cup on the etnies catalog. The marana slip I’m not feeling as much.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #40608 on: January 08, 2021, 06:55:49 PM »

just got off the LV site, couldnt find his shoe on there at all. and being we talked about it, and even the nine club talked about it weeks ago, there's been no info on why his name is off, as he is still posting models with his name on it, when production never did.

If its a situation where he just thinks, "im still getting money so fuck everyone", then do you boo boo, but I thought anything wouldve been brought up since then.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #40609 on: January 08, 2021, 07:25:10 PM »
imagine writing a paragraph to Emerica
about what they should really be doing

and then they put Julian Davidson on

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #40610 on: January 08, 2021, 07:36:34 PM »

Nail on the head.

Though, I personally think he fits, buuuut they need variety in this shell of their former self... *yawn*
Super Champion Fun Zone

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #40611 on: January 08, 2021, 07:53:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nail on the head.

Though, I personally think he fits, buuuut they need variety in this shell of their former self... *yawn*

Same with complaints about Axion, who should they have put on that they could realistically get?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #40612 on: January 08, 2021, 08:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Nail on the head.

[close]

Same with complaints about Axion, who should they have put on that they could realistically get?

Point taken.
*sighs*

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #40613 on: January 08, 2021, 09:57:25 PM »
Soooo.... is this what I think it is? I mean it looks pretty distinct, but I can’t recall seeing any chatter about it recently?

take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Space Monkey

« Reply #40614 on: January 08, 2021, 10:21:53 PM »
Soooo.... is this what I think it is? I mean it looks pretty distinct, but I can’t recall seeing any chatter about it recently?

Different color of the Silo SC.

Not exactly the Koston's, but it is close as eS will get.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #40615 on: January 08, 2021, 10:41:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Nail on the head.

[close]

[close]

Point taken.
*sighs*

fantasy additions to emerica; ill start with... leo valls! would be an interesting pick... man the emerica team around the time of "this is skateboarding" was sick - they had dudes like aaron suski,  chris senn and tosh.. they should add some of the theories guys onto their team.. and yes def some women would be a cool addition.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #40616 on: January 08, 2021, 11:17:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
full catalog link here
[close]

So check this out, Emerica needs to find out who’s behind all those designs and seriously fire them. As a Emerica fan, I have never been more disgusted with a catalog from them. Those extra rubber shoes are gross. Stop trying to sell the reynolds vulc, them shits are dumb and no little kid wants them. Printed shoes? Yuck, seriously, let’s try again next season...embarrassment to a great company
Stop selling one of the top selling shoes? Great idea.

Dear @EmericaTM
Romero, Dickson, Spanky, Provost, Servold, and Leabres are sick. Your team is pretty much interchangeable though. The handrail hammer stoner metal tight jeans aesthetic is cool but if all your riders besides Spanky follow that template then they seem like legos. Interchangeable. Consider sponsoring some new, unique talents. A tech skater, a GX 1000 hill bombing psychopath, or a Fancy Lad type might be nice. I love Servold but I don't ever need to see him bs boardslide another handrail.
Christ-on-a-crutch... you gotta get some women and people of color representing your brand. C'mon man.
Get some ams.
Make tee shirts, hats, jackets, etc that are inspired. You've been phoning it in there for years. The Emerica logo is cool but you need to consider that it isn't enough to warrant a clothing purchase. Look to Indy, Spitfire, and Thrasher as brands that take their softgoods seriously.
Having insoles available for purchase is a fantastic idea. Vans insoles are garbage. Footprint is a dumpster fire and you guys could really do well with some cool tech and possible variety.
Make interesting video edits. Your instagram is like a wasteland besides reposts. Content of high quality breeds interest and brand loyalty: Polar is a good example. And when you look back at Green and note that Dickson didn't get a SOTY nod then that should tell you something about the failure of a formulaic approach since he killed it in that video.
The Gamma seems like a step in the right direction. Diversify and excel. The Shifter boot was cool. Not everything has to be Vans-Lite.
I think you might benefit from studying NB# as a company that learned from its failures.
Interact with skateboarding. Listen- we want you to do well but we can't save you. Ultimately the young skaters decide whats up and they are finicky and uneducated about Emerica's influential history. They need to feel represented and psyched.
Please don't be salty about this, Tim. I'm generally hoping you guys come out swinging for 2021. The Gamma looks nice. Jon Dickson is beyond incredible and Spanky is a wonderful, far out freak. Good luck! <3
Hey dude. Not salty at all. With that said, I will explain a few things. I can see what you're saying about the team but there is more than just tight pants wearing handrail skaters as there are also skaters like Spanky, Winkowski, Leabres. With that said we have several new riders being announced this year including some ams. What most people don't seem to understand is that getting new riders takes time and isn't as easy as it may seem like. It doesn't happen overnight and filming parts, shooting ads, putting together a video, putting out a proper announcement  etc. takes time. Regarding the whole "you need (insert race/gender/sex orientation) skater" doesn't make sense to me. There's nothing wrong with being diverse and that's what we're doing but we're doing it naturally instead of forcing it. Nobody is getting on the team for any reason other than them being an awesome skater and being able to hang in the van. Point blank, somebody's skin color or gender isn't going to get them on the team, their skating is and that's all that matters. For the record, we have tried to hook up all sorts of diverse people based off of their skating. Some say yes and some say no and that's just the way it works. If you follow our Instagram like it seems like you do, then you would see that we hook up a lot of talented skaters regardless of their skin color or gender. Regarding the apparel, do you think we've only made logo apparel? We've done full apparel collections with dudes like Spanky consisting all of his art, Dickson apparel, and a ton of cut and sew. Not sure if you saw in the catalog or not but the G6 Foam insoles are actually being sold individually already. Go look at our Instagram again and you will see half of our content is from us whether it's product, photos/video from our videos or ads or just clips that day of me going out skating with the team. Instagram is a great platform and everybody reposts and if it's all we were doing, then yeah I'd have to agree with you. As much as social media is a necessity, it seems like you take it a little too seriously and expect really high quality posts all the time. We've got 4 video projects coming out this year and I'd rather save our footage for those and create something memorable than wasting them on Instagram edits but to each their own. Having over a million views between Green and the Rough Cuts means more to me personally. FYI, Dickson wasn't on the SOTY poll due to it being a total accident, not because of some "failure" on our end. I appreciate you taking the time to write this out and hope I was able to clear up a couple things. This will be my last post about the brand in this thread as this thread as already derailed so much from it's purpose and don't want to take away anymore from that. With that said my DMs on here and Instagram are always open to discuss Emerica, skating or just shooting the shit. Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:46:46 PM by EmericaTM »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #40617 on: January 08, 2021, 11:29:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
full catalog link here
[close]

[close]
Stop selling one of the top selling shoes? Great idea.

Expand Quote
Dear @EmericaTM
Get some ams.
[close]
Hey dude. Not salty at all. With that said, I will explain a few things. I can see what you're saying about the team but there is more than just tight pants wearing handrail skaters as there are also skaters like Spanky, Winkowski, Leabres. With that said we have several new riders being announced this year including some ams. What most people don't seem to understand is that getting new riders takes time and isn't as easy as it may seem like. It doesn't happen overnight and filming parts, shooting ads, putting together a video, putting out a proper announcement  etc. takes time. Regarding the whole "you need (insert race/gender/sex orientation) skater" doesn't make sense to me. There's nothing wrong with being diverse and that's what we're doing but we're doing it naturally instead of forcing it. Nobody is getting on the team for any reason other than them being an awesome skater and being able to hang in the van. Point blank, somebody's skin color isn't going to get them on the team, their skating is and that's all that matters. For the record, we have tried to hook up all sorts of diverse people based off of their skating. Some say yes and some say no and that's just the way it works. If you follow our Instagram like it seems like you do, then you would see that we hook up a lot of talented skaters regardless of their skin color. Regarding the apparel, do you think we've only made logo apparel? We've done full apparel collections with dudes like Spanky consisting all of his art, Dickson apparel, and a ton of cut and sew. Not sure if you saw in the catalog or not but the G6 Foam insoles are actually being sold individually already. Go look at our Instagram again and you will see half of our content is from us whether it's product, photos/video from our videos or ads or just clips that day of me going out skating with the team. Instagram is a great platform and everybody reposts and if it's all we were doing, then yeah I'd have to agree with you. As much as social media is a necessity, it seems like you take it a little too seriously and expect really high quality posts all the time. We've got 4 video projects coming out this year and I'd rather save our footage for those and create something memorable than wasting them on Instagram edits but to each their own. Having over a million views between Green and the Rough Cuts means more to me personally. FYI, Dickson wasn't on the SOTY poll due to it being a total accident, not because of some "failure" on our end. I appreciate you taking the time to write this out and hope I was able to clear up a couple things. This will be my last post about the brand in this thread as this thread as already derailed so much from it's purpose and don't want to take away anymore from that. With that said my DMs on here and Instagram are always open to discuss Emerica, skating or just shooting the shit. Thanks guys.

cool to hear you have 4 projects in the works
if you don't think representation of women in skating makes sense then there's not much else to say
good luck out there dude

Shuh

• Rep: -1
« Reply #40618 on: January 08, 2021, 11:42:34 PM »
Im lovin that es catalog

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #40619 on: January 09, 2021, 05:51:45 AM »
I don’t really fuck with ES or soletech in general , but if they made a white suede Quattro I’d probably get a pair to try out.