Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8732688 times)

Mongoloid

Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #40560 on: January 05, 2021, 01:59:20 PM »
This Emerica discourse pops up every few months but one of the reasons they have so many simple vulcs is because that’s what people buy. I loved my pair of Herman and Westgate G6s but they, alongside the Reynolds G6 lows and mids, didn’t sell super well based on what people have said in this thread before. So it’s not a surprise that Emerica isn’t releasing shoes like that as much.

I understand the business model behind less durable shoes, I just wish Emerica was a little more inspired design wise. It’s just funny watching people cling to corpse of what was once a great company gone mediocre.

My drunk rants really drummed up some serious discussion here it appears.

*That white gamma is a step in the right direction, and actually pretty dope*

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #40561 on: January 05, 2021, 02:44:17 PM »
Someone said the Wino Slip On was what turned them off of emerica, I’m kinda the opposite. It was the shoe that turned me back on to the brand after a ten or so year hiatus. I love that shoe.

I don’t skate cupsoles so I won’t be buying the Wino Slip Cup, but it’s awesome they are offering it.

at this point I accept that my pair were probably a defect. I just didn't do anything about it at the time. Maybe I should have.

SlapTM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #40562 on: January 05, 2021, 04:12:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stoked on the emerica cup slip. Love the wino g6 and Dicksons. I just can’t skate vulcs anymore. I’m old and feet are fucked from work. I’ll def buy these once they drop in a colorway I can rock. Idk how I’d look in blue/black shoes.  Also stoked to try the pour in sole. @EmericaTM is there a release date?

Just to echo what was said above. I agree with whoever said I don’t want to wear shoes with giant sports logos on the side. Maybe it’s a generational thing but that represents the opposite of why skateboarding appealed to me.
[close]
I know it was said in here already but confirming that they will be out in April.

Expand Quote
^coming out next month according to julian davidson on insta

some clips of him skating the shoe

[close]
Yeah The Gamma drops next month. For those who like the pour-in G6 midsole, we have a special colorway of The Gamma with that G6 sole coming out this year.

For those who aren't into vulcs, there is the Spanky G6, Figgy Dose, The Laced, The Americana, Alcove CC and then The Gamma next month.
[close]

I’m sure there’s a reason for it but why isn’t it a standard pour in g6 ? Seems like it would be pragmatic to just stick to on the one cup sole style.
That pour-in G6 technology is pretty expensive which is why both the Spanky G6 and Reynolds G6 have been $80+. For those who don't want to spend much money on shoes, they have the option to still be able to get a great cupsole at an affordable price. With the Gamma colorway that has the pour-in, it's a rider colorway who is a big fan of the pour-in technology and were able to do something a little bit more special than just slapping their name on it.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40563 on: January 05, 2021, 04:27:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stoked on the emerica cup slip. Love the wino g6 and Dicksons. I just can’t skate vulcs anymore. I’m old and feet are fucked from work. I’ll def buy these once they drop in a colorway I can rock. Idk how I’d look in blue/black shoes.  Also stoked to try the pour in sole. @EmericaTM is there a release date?

Just to echo what was said above. I agree with whoever said I don’t want to wear shoes with giant sports logos on the side. Maybe it’s a generational thing but that represents the opposite of why skateboarding appealed to me.
[close]
I know it was said in here already but confirming that they will be out in April.

Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah The Gamma drops next month. For those who like the pour-in G6 midsole, we have a special colorway of The Gamma with that G6 sole coming out this year.

For those who aren't into vulcs, there is the Spanky G6, Figgy Dose, The Laced, The Americana, Alcove CC and then The Gamma next month.
[close]

I’m sure there’s a reason for it but why isn’t it a standard pour in g6 ? Seems like it would be pragmatic to just stick to on the one cup sole style.
[close]
That pour-in G6 technology is pretty expensive which is why both the Spanky G6 and Reynolds G6 have been $80+. For those who don't want to spend much money on shoes, they have the option to still be able to get a great cupsole at an affordable price. With the Gamma colorway that has the pour-in, it's a rider colorway who is a big fan of the pour-in technology and were able to do something a little bit more special than just slapping their name on it.

Are the other shoes with the cupsole G6 more or less the same sole as the Reynolds G6 or is it just a similar density? The last Reynolds shoe I had was good quality but just a tad thicker than I generally skate.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
« Reply #40564 on: January 05, 2021, 04:40:45 PM »
i liked the reynolds g6 but it'd be great if there was like 1.5 mm less of the pour in

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40565 on: January 05, 2021, 06:47:59 PM »
Yeah definitely. I like either a thick vulc (like Vans pro classics) or thin cup (like the first Figgys)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #40566 on: January 05, 2021, 07:11:44 PM »
Jan 7. 12 pm PST on the Lakai site.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #40567 on: January 05, 2021, 08:00:32 PM »
Whatever happened go the Telfords? I thought they were supposed to be released on the 1st.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #40568 on: January 05, 2021, 08:15:12 PM »
Whatever happened go the Telfords? I thought they were supposed to be released on the 1st.

Black Sabbath telfords are out now.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #40569 on: January 05, 2021, 09:57:04 PM »

They at least look better here than that one awful image where the runner toe was peeling off. Wonder what they look like in real life...

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #40570 on: January 06, 2021, 09:06:41 AM »
That's a lot of trademarks happening on a Lakai shoe.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #40571 on: January 06, 2021, 12:43:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They at least look better here than that one awful image where the runner toe was peeling off. Wonder what they look like in real life...
that's only because you can't actually see the runner toe in this pic. It's probably peeling off here too.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #40572 on: January 06, 2021, 02:42:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
This is very interesting to hear, and explains why there's only one or two Spanky G6 colorways per season. I would bet that it's Spanky himself that got the Gamma G6 colorway. He seems so stoked on his shoe and the tech in it.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40573 on: January 06, 2021, 03:46:47 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #40574 on: January 07, 2021, 02:22:42 AM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40575 on: January 07, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »
Sk8-Hi pro skate classics

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #40576 on: January 07, 2021, 11:22:49 AM »
Sk8-Hi pro skate classics

no pro! They are, the Skate SK8-Hi

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40577 on: January 07, 2021, 03:18:30 PM »
I guess these are new, not a restock but I thought this colorway has already dropped before?

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #40578 on: January 07, 2021, 04:34:23 PM »

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #40579 on: January 07, 2021, 04:34:49 PM »

dumptruck12

• Rep: -104
« Reply #40580 on: January 07, 2021, 06:31:19 PM »

I mean I appreciate the idea, it’s my favorite Emerica model, but as a fan, this doesn’t come close.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #40581 on: January 07, 2021, 08:55:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I mean I appreciate the idea, it’s my favorite Emerica model, but as a fan, this doesn’t come close.

i agree man.. they done goofed up
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #40582 on: January 07, 2021, 10:39:44 PM »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #40583 on: January 08, 2021, 01:01:18 AM »
Come on, Emerica!  :'(

Those Tilt Vulcs would be awesome if they weren't a vulc rehash of a classic cup. As in, if that was a new vulc design and not a reissue, it would work so much better!! Hope they sell well, though!
At least I'll have the Gammas to try out when they drop!
Super Champion Fun Zone

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #40584 on: January 08, 2021, 01:35:19 AM »
yeah, that shoe would be way sicker with a cupsole. would just look better.

still not too bad.

interested in the special sole gammas.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #40585 on: January 08, 2021, 04:18:45 AM »
Ugh, why is that panel above the stripes? It ruins it. I’m disappointed.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #40586 on: January 08, 2021, 04:25:38 AM »
Is that the new tilt?

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
« Reply #40587 on: January 08, 2021, 05:03:25 AM »
Ugh, why is that panel above the stripes? It ruins it. I’m disappointed.

Worst part is it’s just a random stitch line not even a real panel. Hopefully emerica to can address that before the shoes release. Those look like Leo’s feet so maybe just samples.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #40588 on: January 08, 2021, 08:43:02 AM »
Would like those emerica cupped. I just feel like it’d completely change the shoes vibe

What looks like white leather, gum sole with green highlights in the back look dope. The shoe overall isn’t bad IMO

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #40589 on: January 08, 2021, 09:18:02 AM »
I think those tilts turned out better than I was expecting.  The white/green/gum ones def look dope.  If there's a vegan option, i'll buy.