Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8789260 times)

Glurmpz

Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #40530 on: January 03, 2021, 08:50:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
, yet everyone hangs from their balls as if this is the shoe equivalent of the Sistine chapel.
[close]

Don't know what forum you're reading. The one I'm on has a couple people casually being interested in a cupsole slip on. I've read the same rant as yours 100 times on here and have even made similar remarks myself.
[close]

There’s very little to get excited about in modern skate footwear Rightnow, and watching people gobble the imaginary cock of a company churning out clone after clone of the same shit is hilarious.

In a huge Converse fanboi, but atleast their regurgitated shit is classic design.
[close]

;D

So Cons (which were the worst skate shoes I ever owned besides Vans) gets a pass because you like their regurgitated designs? Got it.

You sure get a lot of kicks, huh?
[close]

Which model? Needs more details.

No ones ever shit on the classic look of the chucks, buts let’s hear about your vulc winos outlasting a cup sole shoe.

I’m also far more flip than grind, so I probably wear a shoe quicker than the majority of posters here.

These are the Cons I had - I was stoked on them for about one session, after which they turned into shapeless, supportless muffins. Only other shoes I ever had that soft were some (coincidentally) Emerica's in 1997.

I personally can't stand the look of Chucks, but I get that a lot of people like that type of shoe. All I see is a 100 year old shoe that's paper thin with way too many lace holes that you can buy in every store on earth. And I don't really skate vulcs, pretty much only cupsoles these days - the Wino Slips I got aren't for skating.

I'm not even a diehard Emerica fan - the team is sick but they're not really my vibe to be honest. Also not feeling the Dixon shoe, or the normal/G6 Wino, but I like this particular color pf the slip on. The Herman G6 was one of the best skate shoes I've ever had and I skated multiple pairs. About to finally skate some Dose's I've had for 2 years but the sole was a bit too thick for my tastes so I waited til a lot of walking broke them in. I saw the Americana in some really nice suede colorways recently, and the Spanky G6 in the white suede looks really nice in person.

I will agree with people saying they'd like to see Emerica release some slightly more technical shoes again, but none of us are looking at their sales reports and market research so maybe they're not seeing enough demand for that stuff?

Even though those Cons I had were absolute shit, I'm not gonna judge a whole brand on that one experience. It sounds like you used to like Emerica but they don't make what you want to skate anymore. Understandable. The holier-than-thou attitude you espouse in regards to those who don't like the same things as you is a bit tired though. And the hate directed at Emerica makes it sound like someone there broke your heart in the past, lol. 

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #40531 on: January 03, 2021, 11:05:03 PM »
Chucks look like socks with lace holes stuck to a piece of rubber. Yuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #40532 on: January 03, 2021, 11:18:41 PM »
I would much rather skate actual skate shoe brands than Converse or Nike, etc. anymore.
Converse vulcs are just as floppy, unsupportive, and not durable as the next Emerica vulc, especially the 100 year old Chuck design (garbage to skate in). That said, Emerica > Cons in this scenario. I've skated plenty from both camps in 14+ years of skating and I'd 100% take a cupsole from SoleTech over Cons/Nike (dunks are my personal exception), etc.
It's fine if you want to skate Cons, but don't act like their models aren't just re-hashes of the same shit for the most part, either.

To get back on topic, there aren't many good slip on cupsoles and this could be a really good one. Etnies Veer Slip was okay, but would be better on the Marana outsole.

I hope Wino Slip Cup measures up once it drops for those buying!
Super Champion Fun Zone

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #40533 on: January 03, 2021, 11:31:14 PM »
Emerica, fuck yeah!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #40534 on: January 04, 2021, 05:21:26 AM »
Stoked on the emerica cup slip. Love the wino g6 and Dicksons. I just can’t skate vulcs anymore. I’m old and feet are fucked from work. I’ll def buy these once they drop in a colorway I can rock. Idk how I’d look in blue/black shoes.  Also stoked to try the pour in sole. @EmericaTM is there a release date?

Just to echo what was said above. I agree with whoever said I don’t want to wear shoes with giant sports logos on the side. Maybe it’s a generational thing but that represents the opposite of why skateboarding appealed to me.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #40535 on: January 04, 2021, 08:05:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
, yet everyone hangs from their balls as if this is the shoe equivalent of the Sistine chapel.
[close]

Don't know what forum you're reading. The one I'm on has a couple people casually being interested in a cupsole slip on. I've read the same rant as yours 100 times on here and have even made similar remarks myself.
[close]

There’s very little to get excited about in modern skate footwear Rightnow, and watching people gobble the imaginary cock of a company churning out clone after clone of the same shit is hilarious.

In a huge Converse fanboi, but atleast their regurgitated shit is classic design.
[close]

;D

So Cons (which were the worst skate shoes I ever owned besides Vans) gets a pass because you like their regurgitated designs? Got it.

You sure get a lot of kicks, huh?
[close]

Which model? Needs more details.

No ones ever shit on the classic look of the chucks, buts let’s hear about your vulc winos outlasting a cup sole shoe.

I’m also far more flip than grind, so I probably wear a shoe quicker than the majority of posters here.
[close]

These are the Cons I had - I was stoked on them for about one session, after which they turned into shapeless, supportless muffins. Only other shoes I ever had that soft were some (coincidentally) Emerica's in 1997.

I personally can't stand the look of Chucks, but I get that a lot of people like that type of shoe. All I see is a 100 year old shoe that's paper thin with way too many lace holes that you can buy in every store on earth. And I don't really skate vulcs, pretty much only cupsoles these days - the Wino Slips I got aren't for skating.

I'm not even a diehard Emerica fan - the team is sick but they're not really my vibe to be honest. Also not feeling the Dixon shoe, or the normal/G6 Wino, but I like this particular color pf the slip on. The Herman G6 was one of the best skate shoes I've ever had and I skated multiple pairs. About to finally skate some Dose's I've had for 2 years but the sole was a bit too thick for my tastes so I waited til a lot of walking broke them in. I saw the Americana in some really nice suede colorways recently, and the Spanky G6 in the white suede looks really nice in person.

I will agree with people saying they'd like to see Emerica release some slightly more technical shoes again, but none of us are looking at their sales reports and market research so maybe they're not seeing enough demand for that stuff?

Even though those Cons I had were absolute shit, I'm not gonna judge a whole brand on that one experience. It sounds like you used to like Emerica but they don't make what you want to skate anymore. Understandable. The holier-than-thou attitude you espouse in regards to those who don't like the same things as you is a bit tired though. And the hate directed at Emerica makes it sound like someone there broke your heart in the past, lol.

Do you even cupsole bro?

I definitely think that Emerica is lacking diversity in their footwear lineup. I can understand that their thin vulc shoe is their main seller or whatever but that appeals to only a part of the skate demographic which are also picking thin vulcs from other brands since they have more quality. The G6 cupsoles are really good shoes, but aren't getting enough shine. Sure they have the Spankys but they are still very simple looking so people who are into techier looking shoes don't have an option to choose from. Im not saying go full on moon boot, but something like Reynlds G6 Herman G6 etc that performs good and doesn't die in 3 weeks is something the guys at Emerica should look into.

ballintoohard

« Reply #40536 on: January 04, 2021, 08:17:56 AM »
If Emerica made a Bruin or Blazer I’d buy it every time over the Nike version, but they don’t.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40537 on: January 04, 2021, 10:49:44 AM »
If Emerica made a Bruin or Blazer I’d buy it every time over the Nike version, but they don’t.

Is the Americana kinda like a cup blazer low? Genuinely asking. Never had a blazer or Bruin. Had Americana and the stitching around toe area looks the same?

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #40538 on: January 04, 2021, 10:58:05 AM »

Emerica Omen Hi and Lo? Kinda similar silhouette.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

ballintoohard

« Reply #40539 on: January 04, 2021, 10:59:19 AM »
Dope I’ll fire on those when my current pairs get mega full floppy and lose their grip as they always do.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #40540 on: January 04, 2021, 11:13:11 AM »
Stoked on the emerica cup slip. Love the wino g6 and Dicksons. I just can’t skate vulcs anymore. I’m old and feet are fucked from work. I’ll def buy these once they drop in a colorway I can rock. Idk how I’d look in blue/black shoes.  Also stoked to try the pour in sole. @EmericaTM is there a release date?

Just to echo what was said above. I agree with whoever said I don’t want to wear shoes with giant sports logos on the side. Maybe it’s a generational thing but that represents the opposite of why skateboarding appealed to me.

He said the Spanky slip-cup colorway is dropping in April.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #40541 on: January 04, 2021, 11:17:25 AM »
the wino isn't leo's shoe. that's the laced you're thinking of. anyway, dont know what converse has to do with this, the onestar cc's were sick
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40543 on: January 04, 2021, 01:14:14 PM »
This Emerica discourse pops up every few months but one of the reasons they have so many simple vulcs is because that’s what people buy. I loved my pair of Herman and Westgate G6s but they, alongside the Reynolds G6 lows and mids, didn’t sell super well based on what people have said in this thread before. So it’s not a surprise that Emerica isn’t releasing shoes like that as much.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 124
« Reply #40544 on: January 04, 2021, 01:52:16 PM »
https://survivalmiami.com/products/japan-s-white-mako-blue?fbclid=IwAR2hzdPSWRjbnJmkIyb6Z--kH7HSmcY9lYJ0BgNAXtEL8ScBVR2y8P1Fuxw

are these skate shoes?
Sure looks like it

Sounds like it's Asics' AF1/Dunk, etc.

The JAPAN S shoes are based on one of our throwback offerings from 1981. This reworked iteration is formed with a low-top silhouette that's complete with a court-inspired toe box and throwback colorways. Updated with a lightweight design that features a modified cupsole, this shoe is complemented with premium comfort and improved cushioning. Mimicking the aesthetic of a retro basketball sneaker, this heritage style is also paired with nostalgic ASICS branding, like the tiger stripes on the quarter-panels and "ASICS" lettering at the heel. The JAPAN S shoe's vintage basketball aesthetic is paired with iconic court-specific details that are inspired by footwear worn on the hardwood by basketball players in the 80s.

https://www.asics.com/us/en-us/japan-s/p/ANA_1191A212-104.html?size=10&width=Standard
Enjoy your life.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #40545 on: January 04, 2021, 02:03:18 PM »

i heard these are dropping fairly soon, gonna snag me a pair of white leather ones when they drop.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #40546 on: January 04, 2021, 02:20:30 PM »
^coming out next month according to julian davidson on insta

some clips of him skating the shoe

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #40547 on: January 04, 2021, 02:41:33 PM »
This Emerica discourse pops up every few months but one of the reasons they have so many simple vulcs is because that’s what people buy. I loved my pair of Herman and Westgate G6s but they, alongside the Reynolds G6 lows and mids, didn’t sell super well based on what people have said in this thread before. So it’s not a surprise that Emerica isn’t releasing shoes like that as much.

For every one of us aging skaters looking for cupsole support there's probably 10 kids that are going to get a pair of vulcs and burn through them
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

SlapTM

• Rep: 244
« Reply #40548 on: January 04, 2021, 06:28:39 PM »

I know it was said in here already but confirming that they will be out in April.

Yeah The Gamma drops next month. For those who like the pour-in G6 midsole, we have a special colorway of The Gamma with that G6 sole coming out this year.

For those who aren't into vulcs, there is the Spanky G6, Figgy Dose, The Laced, The Americana, Alcove CC and then The Gamma next month.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1114
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #40549 on: January 04, 2021, 06:36:51 PM »
I prebooked that emerica spanky slip on cupsole and I haven’t booked anything from emerica in a long while.
Sole tech needs some fresh ideas, someone who can blend the heritage of the brand with a new twist yet not over do it.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #40550 on: January 04, 2021, 06:53:29 PM »
I prebooked that emerica spanky slip on cupsole and I haven’t booked anything from emerica in a long while.
Sole tech needs some fresh ideas, someone who can blend the heritage of the brand with a new twist yet not over do it.

Definitely going to nab a pair of these. The Spanky sole on a slip-on is a dream.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #40551 on: January 04, 2021, 07:59:43 PM »

i heard these are dropping fairly soon, gonna snag me a pair of white leather ones when they drop.

Those look awesome. I've been critical off Emerica as I had a few pairs last year that just did nothing for me, but those Gammas look like a nice return to form. Will definitely check them out once they drop.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #40552 on: January 04, 2021, 07:59:46 PM »
For those who like the pour-in G6 midsole, we have a special colorway of The Gamma with that G6 sole coming out this year.

Anymore shoes with G6 Midsoles coming ????

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40553 on: January 05, 2021, 05:22:08 AM »
Those white gammas look fucking nice.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40554 on: January 05, 2021, 06:26:31 AM »
Someone said the Wino Slip On was what turned them off of emerica, I’m kinda the opposite. It was the shoe that turned me back on to the brand after a ten or so year hiatus. I love that shoe.

I don’t skate cupsoles so I won’t be buying the Wino Slip Cup, but it’s awesome they are offering it.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #40555 on: January 05, 2021, 06:44:34 AM »
Someone said the Wino Slip On was what turned them off of emerica, I’m kinda the opposite. It was the shoe that turned me back on to the brand after a ten or so year hiatus. I love that shoe.

I don’t skate cupsoles so I won’t be buying the Wino Slip Cup, but it’s awesome they are offering it.
I loved my first pair so much I got six more.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #40556 on: January 05, 2021, 11:01:56 AM »

All new vans skate classics? 🤔

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #40557 on: January 05, 2021, 12:39:43 PM »

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 124
« Reply #40558 on: January 05, 2021, 12:41:43 PM »

All new vans skate classics? 🤔

I'm curious to see what these are all about.  In particular, is there a Half Cab version? 

Enjoy your life.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #40559 on: January 05, 2021, 01:58:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I know it was said in here already but confirming that they will be out in April.

Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah The Gamma drops next month. For those who like the pour-in G6 midsole, we have a special colorway of The Gamma with that G6 sole coming out this year.

For those who aren't into vulcs, there is the Spanky G6, Figgy Dose, The Laced, The Americana, Alcove CC and then The Gamma next month.

I’m sure there’s a reason for it but why isn’t it a standard pour in g6 ? Seems like it would be pragmatic to just stick to on the one cup sole style.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.