Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663534 times)

Lo-fi Explosion, RIGHT and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

PAWL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #41640 on: April 15, 2021, 09:55:37 AM »
i dont fuck with vans at all anymore but that leather is lookin good
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41642 on: April 15, 2021, 10:15:29 AM »
Not to blow up the feed...
looks like cons has a fastbreak color way coming out
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNqMKqyjTUv/?igshid=fvoiokwmdwd3
I’ll be hyped when the red accented ones LL and Cromer have been skating come out.hopefully they don’t have that weird chody toe.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #41643 on: April 15, 2021, 10:45:43 AM »
I’ll be hyped when the red accented ones LL and Cromer have been skating come out.hopefully they don’t have that weird chody toe.

Seems like theyre sitting on those red ones as long as they can, That green accented colorway was the first one they dropped when it got the skate treatment (other than the al davis color)

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #41644 on: April 15, 2021, 10:57:15 AM »
Green ones are ill. Not usually my speed as far as something I skate in. Love Cromer, would really like to see him have a colorway. Might consider if they delete that Al post but it's unlikely that they will. Looking at other shoes when I run out of my LLs.
The chillest1

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #41645 on: April 15, 2021, 11:17:39 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNsWrBZMOIy/?igshid=5r8yc9l7argv

I thought these were new balance numeric 440 highs before I saw the vans logo on the heel.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #41646 on: April 15, 2021, 11:48:51 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #41647 on: April 15, 2021, 11:51:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seems like theyre sitting on those red ones as long as they can, That green accented colorway was the first one they dropped when it got the skate treatment (other than the al davis color)

There was one that looked close to the red accented one but had a gum sole and a yellow band just below the red panel that wrapped around the ankle

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #41648 on: April 15, 2021, 01:51:14 PM »
saw these at the converse outlet like a month ago for $35

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41649 on: April 15, 2021, 03:29:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
saw these at the converse outlet like a month ago for $35
Next time you go , grab a pair of 10’s , I’m good for it

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #41650 on: April 15, 2021, 04:35:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they’re out. Doesn’t seem like that model is going anywhere. https://www.instagram.com/p/CNs_ZgljkO8/?igshid=s94xmut2bgta

barbarino

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41651 on: April 15, 2021, 04:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
they’re out. Doesn’t seem like that model is going anywhere. https://www.instagram.com/p/CNs_ZgljkO8/?igshid=s94xmut2bgta
What's sizing like on these bad boys? I go 12 on Nike Bruins, 11 w/ Converse One Star Pro CCs and 11.5 w/ the Last Resort ABs.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #41652 on: April 15, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
What's sizing like on these bad boys? I go 12 on Nike Bruins, 11 w/ Converse One Star Pro CCs and 11.5 w/ the Last Resort ABs.

Half-size down is great for me

Smoothbrain1

• Rep: -7
« Reply #41653 on: April 15, 2021, 06:30:30 PM »
Has anyone tried the new reinforced halfcabs? Halfcabs are basically the only shoe I skate, but I heard the sizing is slimmer than the pro.
Are they any less bulky in the upper either?
Wear a 9.5 in the pro because I like a snug fit.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41654 on: April 15, 2021, 07:11:52 PM »
Has anyone tried the new reinforced halfcabs? Halfcabs are basically the only shoe I skate, but I heard the sizing is slimmer than the pro.

There have been some mixed reactions to them, it would seem, but if you cannot try them on in person, get the same size you normally wear.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #41655 on: April 15, 2021, 08:16:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There have been some mixed reactions to them, it would seem, but if you cannot try them on in person, get the same size you normally wear.
Same size as the pros. They're pretty rigid and shitty feeling though. I don't recommend.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #41656 on: April 15, 2021, 09:33:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Same size as the pros. They're pretty rigid and shitty feeling though. I don't recommend.
they are rigid but i disagree on shitty, they will be more durable in the long run and dont potatoe out.

Smoothbrain1

• Rep: -7
« Reply #41657 on: April 15, 2021, 10:17:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
they are rigid but i disagree on shitty, they will be more durable in the long run and dont potatoe out.

Agreed. All my old halfcabs are super flaccid. I have one pair of Rowan pros just as old and they still feel nice and firm so I’m hoping the new halfcabs last longer in the toe area and don’t get floppy after a month like the rowans.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41658 on: April 16, 2021, 01:56:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Agreed. All my old halfcabs are super flaccid. I have one pair of Rowan pros just as old and they still feel nice and firm so I’m hoping the new halfcabs last longer in the toe area and don’t get floppy after a month like the rowans.

It is funny that the shoes nowdays feel like they are so much softer and thinner than older shoes of the same style, mainly the Classic Sk8 Hi, Half Cab and some other shoes now last half as long as my older ones which just feel so much stronger and stiffer, even when they are almost dead.  I do recall people complaining about them being too stiff at one point so everything was made thinner or softer, but then they flop out or don't last as long, so then they go back to stronger / stiffer, etc.

The new Skate range have definitely upped the game all round, but I am still yet to even see any in person.  From the one pair of Rowans I have I can definitely feel the difference in the rubber gum sole right away, which feel a lot closer to my Classic Half Cabs from about ten years ago.

I would say that is a win, but everyone has their own opinions.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #41659 on: April 16, 2021, 07:37:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
What I meant by "shitty feeling" was not very comfortable. I could have been more precise in my language. They feel pretty sturdy.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #41660 on: April 16, 2021, 11:13:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I like the new half cabs. I think they skate good. People complain about everything. I have a pointy kickflip and the new halfcabs are lasting much longer in the toe area then my previous which were just regular half cabs (not new skate line or former pro line) with glued insole peeled out and replaced with rowan pro popcush sole. New halfcabs toe area is a definite improvement, especially if you have a pointer flick. My last pair just from doing so many flip tricks, on the toe i had a little slit where i could see where the white and the tan of the waffle sole were starting to separate from wearing the rubber down so much from just flicking (I'm used to this happening honestly because I love og halfcabs). The new half cab rubber lasts much longer and it does have duracap / similar sole features compared to rowan pros so I would assume you will like them, but at the same time I'm an anonymous stranger on the internet who you knows nothing about you. You should get your regular half cab size.

Only weird thing that I already mentioned and I know has happened to other people is that on the very back of the collar of the shoe on the outside right above the little checked patch, you can get a little slit/blow out where you can see the stuffing. It's very small and does not impact how the skate and hard to even notice happens. I only noticed because a friend asked me if it happened to mine too and it only happened to one of my shoes. I only known of this happening on the black pair with white sole and it might have happened because that back part of the top part of the collar is canvas. Again it doesn't really change the shoe and I wouldn't of even saw that it happened if my buddy didn't point it out but I know of at least 2 people (not counting me because it was just 1 of the shoes) that it's happened to with this colorway and again it's most likely because the top part of the collar is canvas.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
« Reply #41661 on: April 16, 2021, 12:41:14 PM »
I like the new Skate Half Cabs, and I've paid a lot of attention and had lots of Half Cabs over the years. I started skating Half Cabs in the mid 2000s and back then they had a much wider look and fit, and then around 2006 they changed the shape to be pointier and I wasn't feeling it. The suede comes up higher on the the new Half Cabs, giving more room for protection and a better view looking down.

Half Cab Pros were always shit. Every time I put it on it just didn't look or feel like a Half Cab.

Skate Half Cab is definitely stiffer, and kind of narrow inside (I have a thicc foot), but I wore them two days in a row all day at work and they broke in fine. Although I did swap the insole for Footprints, that PopCush insole is way too high on the heel.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #41662 on: April 16, 2021, 12:51:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

I like the new half cabs. I think they skate good. People complain about everything. I have a pointy kickflip and the new halfcabs are lasting much longer in the toe area then my previous which were just regular half cabs (not new skate line or former pro line) with glued insole peeled out and replaced with rowan pro popcush sole. New halfcabs toe area is a definite improvement, especially if you have a pointer flick. My last pair just from doing so many flip tricks, on the toe i had a little slit where i could see where the white and the tan of the waffle sole were starting to separate from wearing the rubber down so much from just flicking (I'm used to this happening honestly because I love og halfcabs). The new half cab rubber lasts much longer and it does have duracap / similar sole features compared to rowan pros so I would assume you will like them, but at the same time I'm an anonymous stranger on the internet who you knows nothing about you. You should get your regular half cab size.

Only weird thing that I already mentioned and I know has happened to other people is that on the very back of the collar of the shoe on the outside right above the little checked patch, you can get a little slit/blow out where you can see the stuffing. It's very small and does not impact how the skate and hard to even notice happens. I only noticed because a friend asked me if it happened to mine too and it only happened to one of my shoes. I only known of this happening on the black pair with white sole and it might have happened because that back part of the top part of the collar is canvas. Again it doesn't really change the shoe and I wouldn't of even saw that it happened if my buddy didn't point it out but I know of at least 2 people (not counting me because it was just 1 of the shoes) that it's happened to with this colorway and again it's most likely because the top part of the collar is canvas.
That heel slit happened with my pair too. It happened while I was forcing my foot into the shoe without loosening the laces (pulled on the heel too hard and hear a rip).

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41663 on: April 16, 2021, 01:29:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
That heel slit happened with my pair too. It happened while I was forcing my foot into the shoe without loosening the laces (pulled on the heel too hard and hear a rip).

This happened on mine as soon as I took them out of the box and put them on. Weird.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #41664 on: April 16, 2021, 01:35:19 PM »
Full pic of the Dime Vans Skate Mid Skools.

That can't be nylon for the side panels, can it? 
Enjoy your life.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #41665 on: April 16, 2021, 02:02:47 PM »

Looks like leather to me
The chillest1

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #41666 on: April 16, 2021, 02:07:16 PM »
Expand Quote
anytime someone comments on shoes in general, that guy has some weird shit to say.
[close]

Lol, bringing up some pseudo drama over a week later? Just because I questioned straight up crocs in a skate shoe convo? Sorry that I personally offended you or something enough for you to kook me and requote a long quote chain of a thing that was put to rest?

there we go, some more weird shit. lol
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #41667 on: April 16, 2021, 04:04:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks like leather to me

That must be some paper thin leather that has the texture of fabric...

... It's Nylon

... Leave it to Dime to ruin completely good shoes.... Again

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41668 on: April 16, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »
I think the best Dime x Vans collab they’ve done are the first old skool they did.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #41669 on: April 16, 2021, 08:49:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks like leather to me
[close]

That must be some paper thin leather that has the texture of fabric...

... It's Nylon

... Leave it to Dime to ruin completely good shoes.... Again

I was in denial. Thank you for the truth. I was hoping it wasn't nylon
The chillest1