Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8789158 times)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1699
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #48720 on: May 09, 2023, 03:05:58 PM »
He is also a fan of soup like I am.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

TreyPhillip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #48721 on: May 09, 2023, 03:26:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn. That Winkowski shoe looks sick. I really like white high and mid tops. Anyone know if it is vegan?
[close]
Confirming that Winkowski is indeed vegan just like his Omen Hi color way.

I haven't been replying in here as just been busy but gladly can touch on a few things. Regarding Dakota's shoe, we worked with him to give him his dream signature shoe. It may not be for everybody but we like to work very closely with the riders regarding their signature product. I wouldn't base an entire brand off one new model which is what most pals have done on here unfortunately. As someone mentioned already, there's an updated Heritic if your're wanting a bigger cupsole with some padding in that same season.

Expand Quote
It's so sad how badly people WANT to buy soletech shoes, but they dont because they just dont provide what people are looking for.
[close]
I have to politely disagree with this a little bit. Yes there is no denying that a lot of silhouettes throughout the last decade or so have looked similar but I do believe it's a stretch to say that there isn't something for everyone. Want a cuposole with more padding and cushion with some nostalgia? Get the KSL G6 or OG-1. Need a low profile Vulc? Try the Dickson or Low Vulc. Want something with more ankle support? The Pillar or Omen Hi. Slip-On? We got them both in Vulc and cupsole. We've got like 10+ options to choose from: KSL G6, Figgy G6, OG-1, Omen Hi, Dickson, Romero Laced, Spanky G6, Gamma, Tilt G6 Vulc, Pillar, Wino G6 Slip & Cup, Provost, G6.

Now with all that said, we've got some stuff in the works including another reissue or two as well as some new pro/team models that we think people will be stoked on. Appreciate everyone who backs and chooses to support Sole Tech especially Emerica. As always, my DMs are always open to shoot the shit or even give feedback whether positive or negative. Thanks guys.

So which sole are we getting on the Dakota shoe. Wouldn’t be the first time catalog description doesn’t match the final product so I’m extra curious now.

SlapTM

• Rep: 244
« Reply #48722 on: May 09, 2023, 03:42:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn. That Winkowski shoe looks sick. I really like white high and mid tops. Anyone know if it is vegan?
[close]

I haven't been replying in here as just been busy but gladly can touch on a few things. Regarding Dakota's shoe, we worked with him to give him his dream signature shoe. It may not be for everybody but we like to work very closely with the riders regarding their signature product. I wouldn't base an entire brand off one new model which is what most pals have done on here unfortunately. As someone mentioned already, there's an updated Heritic if your're wanting a bigger cupsole with some padding in that same season.

Expand Quote
It's so sad how badly people WANT to buy soletech shoes, but they dont because they just dont provide what people are looking for.
[close]
I have to politely disagree with this a little bit. Yes there is no denying that a lot of silhouettes throughout the last decade or so have looked similar but I do believe it's a stretch to say that there isn't something for everyone. Want a cuposole with more padding and cushion with some nostalgia? Get the KSL G6 or OG-1. Need a low profile Vulc? Try the Dickson or Low Vulc. Want something with more ankle support? The Pillar or Omen Hi. Slip-On? We got them both in Vulc and cupsole. We've got like 10+ options to choose from: KSL G6, Figgy G6, OG-1, Omen Hi, Dickson, Romero Laced, Spanky G6, Gamma, Tilt G6 Vulc, Pillar, Wino G6 Slip & Cup, Provost, G6.

Now with all that said, we've got some stuff in the works including another reissue or two as well as some new pro/team models that we think people will be stoked on. Appreciate everyone who backs and chooses to support Sole Tech especially Emerica. As always, my DMs are always open to shoot the shit or even give feedback whether positive or negative. Thanks guys.
[close]

So which sole are we getting on the Dakota shoe. Wouldn’t be the first time catalog description doesn’t match the final product so I’m extra curious now.
A vulc sole with a new tread. We wanted to make his shoe more affordable so switched from cupsole to Vulc. Also, those all black leather Dakota's that were posted recently are just old samples. His shoe launches in SP24 in a black/white/gold and oxblood/black both in suede which I personally think they look much better.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #48723 on: May 09, 2023, 03:51:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Y’all get hate but you also gave us a cupsole slip on and that had done wonders for my feet and body day to day so please just keep making those forever .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #48724 on: May 09, 2023, 04:16:32 PM »
Did someone on here say a brown half cab is coming out? I would love like a dark chocolate half cab with a black tongue.

Didn’t a chocolate half cab just come out?
(Yes it did.  Here:)
https://www.kingswell.tv/vans-skate-half-cab-92-vcu-dark-brown-blk.html

I did see one in the holiday section that looked mightily similar to the Reynolds half cab.   Don’t remember if it had a foxing stripe or not

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #48725 on: May 09, 2023, 05:19:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
A vulc sole with a new tread. We wanted to make his shoe more affordable so switched from cupsole to Vulc. Also, those all black leather Dakota's that were posted recently are just old samples. His shoe launches in SP24 in a black/white/gold and oxblood/black both in suede which I personally think they look much better.

I’m not handsome enough to pull off that style of shoe on the reg. But the oxblood/black will def get got for the times when I need to try and look nice.

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 16
« Reply #48726 on: May 09, 2023, 05:41:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m not handsome enough to pull off that style of shoe on the reg. But the oxblood/black will def get got for the times when I need to try and look nice.
Was it also his “dream” to have it switched to a vulc for cost cutting purposes? If so that’s honestly fine too but those statements didn’t add up. Still a decent looking shoe imo but was more stoked on that e-flick outsole and hoping to see it introduced on a new shoe soon.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #48727 on: May 09, 2023, 08:45:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Did someone on here say a brown half cab is coming out? I would love like a dark chocolate half cab with a black tongue.
[close]

Didn’t a chocolate half cab just come out?
(Yes it did.  Here:)
https://www.kingswell.tv/vans-skate-half-cab-92-vcu-dark-brown-blk.html

I did see one in the holiday section that looked mightily similar to the Reynolds half cab.   Don’t remember if it had a foxing stripe or not
I was also thinking of these but I picked them up months ago so it's entirely possible there is another choco colorway coming. The above linked were VCU so skateshop only and I didn't see much hype beforehand though.
unreadable trap logo

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #48728 on: May 09, 2023, 09:36:32 PM »
If anyone wants to try and guess the password, there’s a soletech goldmine here:

https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/

BL0B

• Rep: 421
« Reply #48729 on: May 09, 2023, 09:52:01 PM »
If anyone wants to try and guess the password, there’s a soletech goldmine here:

https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/

it's smellyfart123

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #48730 on: May 09, 2023, 10:27:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Awesome. Thanks for the info and bring cool here. I really appreciate it. When is they Winkowski shoe going to drop?

SlapTM

« Reply #48731 on: May 09, 2023, 10:52:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Awesome. Thanks for the info and bring cool here. I really appreciate it. When is they Winkowski shoe going to drop?
Of course, anytime. Winkowski drops SU24 so exactly a year from now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 09:37:34 AM by EmericaTM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #48732 on: May 10, 2023, 01:59:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Of course, anytime. Winkowski drops SU23 so exactly a year from now.

SU24 right

thehogsniper

• Rep: 42
« Reply #48733 on: May 10, 2023, 06:50:40 AM »
Dime x Adidas Superstar ADV

sorry if attached photo doesn’t load
Real talk: These are neat in theory, super dull in execution. Don't really understand the point of it, because superstars are released constantly and the colorway isn't anything unique. Materials look premium (besides the fact the dime logo isn't even embossed) but I would never buy this. Cool to see Dime finally collab with Adidas but hopefully they put something better out asap.

SlapTM

« Reply #48734 on: May 10, 2023, 09:38:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Of course, anytime. Winkowski drops SU23 so exactly a year from now.
[close]

SU24 right
Yes, sorry SU24. Fixed.

DERBY

• Rep: 308
« Reply #48735 on: May 10, 2023, 10:01:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Real talk: These are neat in theory, super dull in execution. Don't really understand the point of it, because superstars are released constantly and the colorway isn't anything unique. Materials look premium (besides the fact the dime logo isn't even embossed) but I would never buy this. Cool to see Dime finally collab with Adidas but hopefully they put something better out asap.

honestly right. an aloha super would’ve been better fr

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #48736 on: May 10, 2023, 11:02:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Saw the catalogue and it looks like emerica is bringing back the og heretic.
[close]

This is a nightmare
[close]
Nah the original heretic was a great simple shoe to skate, really loved that shoe and the tilt, I’m excited for the return of that shoe

I also fucked heavily with the Heretics back in the day. Could never bring myself to wear the whites but the blacks with gum sole were good. I remember having a pair of Emerica’s that looked similar to the accel (guessing 2001?). They were also a good, comfy shoe. Then I ordered a pair of the low vulcs last year, they ship from Holland here in Europe so took ages to come and were so shit i sent them back. Fit was baggy, customer service was dogshit. Not going to bother again which is a shame.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #48737 on: May 10, 2023, 11:07:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Man, I must be a marketing whore because it’s been two days since Griffin Gass’s undeniably amazing part came out and here I am thinking, “Huh, these Lakai models aren’t looking too shabby.”
[close]
Same! Just laced up some mod cups
[close]

Report back. They’re so weird I kinda like them.
Ok Reporting with initial thoughts on the MOD CUP
They fit TTS however I need a way thicker insole than the stock so i went .5 size up. I threw a Lunarlon insole in there if anyone is curious.
The both the stock insole and sole are pretty thin, at least thinner than I look for in a cupsole.
The break in time is very minimal, grip is great, boardfeel is great. the lacing system is pretty dope. I did a bunch of flips and there was no wear to the laces whatsoever.
the toe shape / flick is pretty damn good, the toe is pretty low profile so it flicked everything really fast which took some getting used to.
No heel slip for me at all.
the suede on the shoe is high quality, hardly any signs of wear even after a couple of sessions.
pretty solid shoe. Ill give it an 8/10 it would be a 9/10 if they looked better with shorts.

SlapTM

« Reply #48738 on: May 10, 2023, 11:09:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Saw the catalogue and it looks like emerica is bringing back the og heretic.
[close]

This is a nightmare
[close]
Nah the original heretic was a great simple shoe to skate, really loved that shoe and the tilt, I’m excited for the return of that shoe
[close]

I also fucked heavily with the Heretics back in the day. Could never bring myself to wear the whites but the blacks with gum sole were good. I remember having a pair of Emerica’s that looked similar to the accel (guessing 2001?). They were also a good, comfy shoe. Then I ordered a pair of the low vulcs last year, they ship from Holland here in Europe so took ages to come and were so shit i sent them back. Fit was baggy, customer service was dogshit. Not going to bother again which is a shame.
Well the Heritic is launching in that classic Black/Gum color way so hopefully you'll like it.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #48739 on: May 10, 2023, 11:21:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
the fact that the "wave" part of the stripes on the black one is brown is really gross, don't know why you wouldn't just buy a normal black superstar instead

mindfuzz

• Rep: 38
« Reply #48740 on: May 10, 2023, 12:05:36 PM »
No Spanky G6 in any of the catalogues past Summer 23  :-[

Hopefully the hi top version is still on the cards… I’d be sad to see the Spanky G6 go. I guess I’ll have to stock up…

@EmericaTM what's the deal with the spanky g6? Thought I read on here awhile ago that the mid was coming this year, did it get pushed out? That would be a bummer I was looking forward to those, or at least waiting for a suede colorway of the low.

SlapTM

« Reply #48741 on: May 10, 2023, 12:10:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Hopefully the hi top version is still on the cards… I’d be sad to see the Spanky G6 go. I guess I’ll have to stock up…
[close]

@EmericaTM what's the deal with the spanky g6? Thought I read on here awhile ago that the mid was coming this year, did it get pushed out? That would be a bummer I was looking forward to those, or at least waiting for a suede colorway of the low.
Yeah the Spanky Hi is set to replace the Spanky G6. Yes, it unfortunately got pushed out to next year.

mindfuzz

• Rep: 38
« Reply #48742 on: May 10, 2023, 12:23:52 PM »
Damn, very excited for that one.

IpathCats

« Reply #48743 on: May 10, 2023, 01:07:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the polite response. I commend you for sorting through all of this. I'm certainly not trying to start an argument or flame you guys or anything, but i guess i should've been more specific.

Just speaking for myself, I could probably find something i liked the look of from the soletech lineup. My issues were with quality vs price, and the overall fit of the shoes. The last two emericas i had were omen high and wino slip. neither of which fit my feet very well, I tried on multiple sizes and just figured i had to break them in for them to feel right, but they never did. Maybe this is just a problem with my feet, idk. But my feet were moving around all over the place in both of those shoes. did not feel comfortable skating in them at all.

I also had a pair of accel slims that were toast in less than 10 sessions (probably like 6-8 iirc). bagged out, holes, worn out tread, the whole 9. They also provided less impact protection than lots of vulcs with decent insoles. I wanna say i paid 75-90 for them?

Thinking about it now, i also had those vegan ryan lay etnies high tops. they were probably the best out of the 4 shoes ive mentioned. but still not great, or anywhere near as good as anything ive had from nike/cons/NB.

rooting for you guys, but at the end of the day, im going to skate what feels best on my aging feet.

thank you for your service to the boards, it is much appreciated. please do not mistake my opinions of the shoes for opinions of you.

edit: price of accel slims

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2324
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48744 on: May 10, 2023, 01:42:32 PM »
He is also a fan of soup like I am.

SlapTM

« Reply #48745 on: May 10, 2023, 01:57:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for the polite response. I commend you for sorting through all of this. I'm certainly not trying to start an argument or flame you guys or anything, but i guess i should've been more specific.

Just speaking for myself, I could probably find something i liked the look of from the soletech lineup. My issues were with quality vs price, and the overall fit of the shoes. The last two emericas i had were omen high and wino slip. neither of which fit my feet very well, I tried on multiple sizes and just figured i had to break them in for them to feel right, but they never did. Maybe this is just a problem with my feet, idk. But my feet were moving around all over the place in both of those shoes. did not feel comfortable skating in them at all.

I also had a pair of accel slims that were toast in less than 10 sessions (probably like 6-8 iirc). bagged out, holes, worn out tread, the whole 9. They also provided less impact protection than lots of vulcs with decent insoles. I wanna say i paid 75-90 for them?

Thinking about it now, i also had those vegan ryan lay etnies high tops. they were probably the best out of the 4 shoes ive mentioned. but still not great, or anywhere near as good as anything ive had from nike/cons/NB.

rooting for you guys, but at the end of the day, im going to skate what feels best on my aging feet.

thank you for your service to the boards, it is much appreciated. please do not mistake my opinions of the shoes for opinions of you.

Of course, anytime. I love being on the boards and getting to talk to all the pals. I appreciate you going more in depth regarding your original post. Are you mostly a Vulc guy or have you tried any Emerica cupsoles? I can't speak on the Omen Hi too much but personally, I'm a huge slip-on guy myself and it's basically all I wear. I've gone true to size on both the cup and Vulc ones and they're usually always perfectly snug for me and I honestly haven't heard too many issues of them regarding the fitting. Unfortunately, I can't speak regarding you Es experience but I do apologize that happened. With Emerica, we're trying to move our line to be a line that is more affordable yet you don't lose or sacrifice any sort of durability or functionality. A line that is designed for skateboarding and affordable to hopefully all skateboarders.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #48746 on: May 10, 2023, 02:33:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think the Omen Hi and Wino Slip Ons are both pretty wide. I quite liked both as a person with feet slightly on the wider side. The Wino Slip On bagged out a lot less than Vans Slip On Pros. I liked them much better because of that. Dunno how wide your feet are but that could be an explanation why they didn’t work for you.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 124
« Reply #48747 on: May 10, 2023, 03:04:21 PM »
Not part of the skate line, but I never realized they made a mid version of these.

Maybe @Sk.A.T.A.N can provide some info. 

Also, I like soup.

Enjoy your life.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #48748 on: May 10, 2023, 03:18:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Spanky on Cons

IpathCats

« Reply #48749 on: May 10, 2023, 04:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Of course, anytime. I love being on the boards and getting to talk to all the pals. I appreciate you going more in depth regarding your original post. Are you mostly a Vulc guy or have you tried any Emerica cupsoles? I can't speak on the Omen Hi too much but personally, I'm a huge slip-on guy myself and it's basically all I wear. I've gone true to size on both the cup and Vulc ones and they're usually always perfectly snug for me and I honestly haven't heard too many issues of them regarding the fitting. Unfortunately, I can't speak regarding you Es experience but I do apologize that happened. With Emerica, we're trying to move our line to be a line that is more affordable yet you don't lose or sacrifice any sort of durability or functionality. A line that is designed for skateboarding and affordable to hopefully all skateboarders.

I haven't tried any emerica cupsoles since I was in like middle school. At the time when I tried those omens and winos I was def more into vulcs.

These days I'm a cupsole guy. Usually mid/high.

I was considering trying out those KSLs, but the low top scared my fragile aging ankles.