Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8732661 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #48780 on: May 11, 2023, 08:01:30 PM »
The Emerica hate is so weird to me. Every year in the history of that company there has been at least one model that skated super well. Y’all roasting Emerica for having a whack team shoe is strange too because Nike is the biggest culprit of doing the same thing, and charging even more (but y’all ain’t even buying Nike at retail prices) Everything they make besides the blazer is whack and skates like dog shit. Hell, the blazers aren’t even that good (so taboo, I know)

One day you guys will figure out that doing frontside slappies and front shuvs in an Emerica shoe is the same trick as doing it in a Cons shoe. You don’t look less cool in your IG edits. Buncha goofs

Emerica is and will always be one of the coolest companies in skateboarding.

The Emerica hate is the same as the eS presumably because a lot of us came out when they were legit the coolest companies making the coolest shoes with the coolest teams.    The Reynolds and MJs and the Ellingtons and the Templetons all were unique, exciting designs that weren’t rip offs of Nikes and they scratched different itches depending on your personality, etc.   

20 years later, those guys have left and all the shoes they put out now look like skateable versions of shoes that they sell at Army/Navy surplus stores.   I have fond memories of Emerica, but I can also move on from how I dressed and what shoes I wore when I was 17 (unlike a lot of the current riders).   

I have hopes for Emerica, but I don’t think they have necessarily the ambition.   I think they’ve found their niche and will drill home in that one area, rather than pursue different looking designs, etc, which is fine!   Not everything needs to be made for me and my taste level!   They seem to be doing well with what they are doing and I do not begrudge them that one iota.   

Theshrunkendrunkard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #48781 on: May 11, 2023, 08:25:21 PM »
Expand Quote
The Emerica hate is so weird to me. Every year in the history of that company there has been at least one model that skated super well. Y’all roasting Emerica for having a whack team shoe is strange too because Nike is the biggest culprit of doing the same thing, and charging even more (but y’all ain’t even buying Nike at retail prices) Everything they make besides the blazer is whack and skates like dog shit. Hell, the blazers aren’t even that good (so taboo, I know)

One day you guys will figure out that doing frontside slappies and front shuvs in an Emerica shoe is the same trick as doing it in a Cons shoe. You don’t look less cool in your IG edits. Buncha goofs

[close]

The Emerica hate is the same as the eS presumably because a lot of us came out when they were legit the coolest companies making the coolest shoes with the coolest teams.    The Reynolds and MJs and the Ellingtons and the Templetons all were unique, exciting designs that weren’t rip offs of Nikes and they scratched different itches depending on your personality, etc.   

20 years later, those guys have left and all the shoes they put out now look like skateable versions of shoes that they sell at Army/Navy surplus stores.   I have fond memories of Emerica, but I can also move on from how I dressed and what shoes I wore when I was 17 (unlike a lot of the current riders).   

I have hopes for Emerica, but I don’t think they have necessarily the ambition.   I think they’ve found their niche and will drill home in that one area, rather than pursue different looking designs, etc, which is fine!   Not everything needs to be made for me and my taste level!   They seem to be doing well with what they are doing and I do not begrudge them that one iota.   

Solid response, but I have a few remarks.

1. I keep mentioning the blazer, but it’s the shoe I see the most often at my local, with the exception of the 440 high, and that model could also apply to what I’m about to say. To say an Emerica is like a shoe you would find at an army surplus I am going to go out on a limb and say you’re talking about the spanly high (which isn’t even out yet) and I can tell you that the blazer actually feels like a combat boot (10 year USAF vet) in my own personal opinion. Plus you don’t have to wear actual army surplus BDU pants with Emericas, which seems mandatory when I see dunks or blazers

2. When companies like Emerica do step out of their box, which they don’t have to, and make a model that is different then what they normally make, it’s just pages of people roasting it without trying it. So the diversity of the Ellington, Reynolds 1 & 2 & 3, the tosh, the MJ etc doesn’t work now because people don’t want to give a shoe a chance. I feel it’s super band wagony in the skate culture now, which is the opposite of what it was when I started (2001)

The Dickson, the laced, and the figgy are constant personal purchases due to how well they actually skate, and to me they look completely different but skate equally as well.

Support people that support skateboarding, or don’t. Jock mentality is swallowing our weird little skate world up, and heaven forbid you dig plain black shoes that skate well.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48782 on: May 11, 2023, 08:44:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

1. I keep mentioning the blazer, but it’s the shoe I see the most often at my local, with the exception of the 440 high, and that model could also apply to what I’m about to say. To say an Emerica is like a shoe you would find at an army surplus I am going to go out on a limb and say you’re talking about the spanly high (which isn’t even out yet) and I can tell you that the blazer actually feels like a combat boot (10 year USAF vet) in my own personal opinion. Plus you don’t have to wear actual army surplus BDU pants with Emericas, which seems mandatory when I see dunks or blazers

2. When companies like Emerica do step out of their box, which they don’t have to, and make a model that is different then what they normally make, it’s just pages of people roasting it without trying it. So the diversity of the Ellington, Reynolds 1 & 2 & 3, the tosh, the MJ etc doesn’t work now because people don’t want to give a shoe a chance. I feel it’s super band wagony in the skate culture now, which is the opposite of what it was when I started (2001)

The Dickson, the laced, and the figgy are constant personal purchases due to how well they actually skate, and to me they look completely different but skate equally as well.

Support people that support skateboarding, or don’t. Jock mentality is swallowing our weird little skate world up, and heaven forbid you dig plain black shoes that skate well.

The laced and the figgy and Leo’s shoes are the ones that remind me more of surplus store shoes.    The new Spanlys looks like Riley’s new lakai but with presumably a better sole.   

The “support brands that support skating” doesn’t hold water with me because the corpo brands support A LOT of skaters from hundreds of current skaters, to retired pros that they’ve hired on as TMs and brand managers around the world, and Nike even started an initiative to help Skaters transition into real world jobs (bc not every ex-pro can make it in real estate) that Justin Brock was a part of.   

Being skater-owned, but being a freestyler (or Don Brown) means as much to me as if I were a BMXer and the biker-owner rode a Penny farthing back in the day.   Let’s not forget, before Vans, Emerica was the original shoe company who called it a day on Reynolds.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #48783 on: May 11, 2023, 09:05:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Not part of the skate line, but I never realized they made a mid version of these.

Maybe @Sk.A.T.A.N can provide some info. 

Also, I like soup.

[close]

Fuck that shit, get this mid version on the skate line and slap Jamal’s name on it again and I’ll make it my only skate shoe. C’mon Adidas

;) ;) ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Theshrunkendrunkard

« Reply #48784 on: May 11, 2023, 09:07:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The laced and the figgy and Leo’s shoes are the ones that remind me more of surplus store shoes.    The new Spanlys looks like Riley’s new lakai but with presumably a better sole.   

The “support brands that support skating” doesn’t hold water with me because the corpo brands support A LOT of skaters from hundreds of current skaters, to retired pros that they’ve hired on as TMs and brand managers around the world, and Nike even started an initiative to help Skaters transition into real world jobs (bc not every ex-pro can make it in real estate) that Justin Brock was a part of.   

Being skater-owned, but being a freestyler (or Don Brown) means as much to me as if I were a BMXer and the biker-owner rode a Penny farthing back in the day.   Let’s not forget, before Vans, Emerica was the original shoe company who called it a day on Reynolds.

I guess I don’t know what army surplus stores sell in regard to footwear since I’ve never stepped into one seeing that my uniforms/boots were issued, so fair point. But if they sell skate shoes that look like the ones mentioned, maybe I will.

The corpo brands are “able” to do that because they have the funding to do so, even more so after draining the well for the smaller companies that existed long before them (not including the premature stints by Nike before giving up on skateboarding) to the point where they can’t support their teams. With the money the corpo brand bring in, it’s realistically not a drop in the bucket for their annual payout to riders, when brands like the ones and sole tech and others give more than you can imagine to their pros (percentage of annual profit wise)

The Reynold’s ordeal will always be heartbreaking to me. He is Emerica. I feel like that company in particular gave him the platform and freedom to really become what he is to this day. But, look where he ended up…a corpo company. Wonder why…is it because corpo brands swallowed up the sales of companies such as iPath, Decline, es (before the return) Supra, gravis, huf, vox, fallen?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48785 on: May 11, 2023, 09:27:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I guess I don’t know what army surplus stores sell in regard to footwear since I’ve never stepped into one seeing that my uniforms/boots were issued, so fair point. But if they sell skate shoes that look like the ones mentioned, maybe I will.

The corpo brands are “able” to do that because they have the funding to do so, even more so after draining the well for the smaller companies that existed long before them (not including the premature stints by Nike before giving up on skateboarding) to the point where they can’t support their teams. With the money the corpo brand bring in, it’s realistically not a drop in the bucket for their annual payout to riders, when brands like the ones and sole tech and others give more than you can imagine to their pros (percentage of annual profit wise)

The Reynold’s ordeal will always be heartbreaking to me. He is Emerica. I feel like that company in particular gave him the platform and freedom to really become what he is to this day. But, look where he ended up…a corpo company. Wonder why…is it because corpo brands swallowed up the sales of companies such as iPath, Decline, es (before the return) Supra, gravis, huf, vox, fallen?

Plenty of shoe companies didn’t last before that.    Kastel, Duffs/Dukes, genetic, savier, Nadia, Adio.   Brands and trends change and if you can’t adjust, you’ll be out of business regardless of a Nike or adidas there.   Is there anyone now who is really crying out for a Dekline or Vox shoe and what really is the difference between those two brands and what Emerica offers?   Do you think Dekline/Vox/88 would be still in business now anyways?

I don’t think ipath’s demise had anything to do with corp brands.   That was an internal combustion and let’s not forget they fucked over Matt Rodriguez and several riders.   

Reynolds is at a corporate brand because they still value 40 year old skater.  Shouldn’t that be a good thing that they don’t need to be as bottom line focused as smaller brands need to be?   

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #48786 on: May 11, 2023, 10:23:29 PM »
Emericatm, can you share what outsole and insole the heretic will have?

Thanks

It's on the same outsole as the OG-1.

Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

Also what's the possible ETA on them? Next year like most of the other new stuff teased?
It's slotted for Fall 2024 so just about a year from now.

Expand Quote
Also spotted no more Wino Slip Cups or KSL G6 and that next year's Servold colours have a standard vulc sole.
[close]

The only two shoes Emerica makes I’ve been excited about lately, makes sense they’d discontinue them  ;D
The only reason anything gets discontinued is because of sales performance regardless of what style or company it is. No one discontinues styles that are bringing in solid revenue. Unfortunately, that Pour-In G6 technology is expensive but it's seriously one of the best technologies I've felt in a shoe and I hear that from everybody else as well. Not to come off like captain obvious here but here is another reminder if you love a product, be sure to support it.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Being skater-owned, but being a freestyler (or Don Brown) means as much to me as if I were a BMXer and the biker-owner rode a Penny farthing back in the day.  Let’s not forget, before Vans, Emerica was the original shoe company who called it a day on Reynolds.
I won't get too into it but you really think we would just call it a day on Andrew after being such a crucial part of the brand's success and history for 20 years? You may not care about "skater owned and operated" but for us, we take it pretty seriously and do everything we possibly can to be as loyal as possible to each and every rider. When Andrew departed, he had not one, not two but three signature models in the line which I think clearly indicates that we valued Andrew and everything he brought to the brand.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48787 on: May 11, 2023, 11:44:39 PM »
I heard otherwise from what I thought was a reputable source who had otherwise been spot on that Reynolds was offered significantly less money on his new contract, so it only made sense for him to look for greener pastures.   That doesn’t negate what you said bc you could have been banking on a “stay core/hometown discount”, thinking Reynolds would never go corporate, but he did what Koston did with eS. 

For the record, Zero issue with supporting “skater owned” businesses, but it is a bit of a guilt-inducing marketing term.    I’ve said this before - but isn’t it more important how many skaters a company employs rather than if the person at the top of the pyramid skates?   

SlapTM

« Reply #48788 on: May 12, 2023, 12:15:54 AM »
I heard otherwise from what I thought was a reputable source who had otherwise been spot on that Reynolds was offered significantly less money on his new contract, so it only made sense for him to look for greener pastures.   That doesn’t negate what you said bc you could have been banking on a “stay core/hometown discount”, thinking Reynolds would never go corporate, but he did what Koston did with eS. 

For the record, Zero issue with supporting “skater owned” businesses, but it is a bit of a guilt-inducing marketing term.    I’ve said this before - but isn’t it more important how many skaters a company employs rather than if the person at the top of the pyramid skates?
Sorry but your source wasn't reputable and gave you a ton of false information. That's all I can really say.

I don't disagree with your statement about skater owned versus skater operated. I personally believe both are important. I would absolutely agree with you if it was just Pierre owning it and employing a ton of non-skateboarders however it's the complete opposite. We all skate and we love the brand more than anything. To further my point, I think we all know the second the corporate brands feel being in skateboarding isn't profitable or hitting X million, it's time to close up shop. Whether we make money or lose money, Emerica is still going to be here regardless and that's the difference. I don't want to come off bias or anything as I obviously have friends with jobs at those brands but you wanted to know what was more important and I think a brand being in it for the right reasons and the love of skateboarding over money speaks volumes. That and seeing the owner still skating everyday at 60 versus some CEO who hasn't ever stepped foot on a board in his life. We could go on forever with the never ending debate and you're going to support whatever company you feel like which is totally fine but I've never bought a corporate skate brand once in the 20+ years skating and I plan on keeping it that way. There is no denying those big brands have a lot more employees than the skater owned brands but would you rather support a brand where say 100 out of 75,000 employees are skateboarders or a brand where 90% of the employees are skateboarders?

Roy Machine

• Rep: -4
« Reply #48789 on: May 12, 2023, 12:31:28 AM »
Dime x Adidas Superstar ADV

sorry if attached photo doesn’t load

Tomorrow it's my turn to get an all black adidas Superstars colourway. Are you guys excited?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48790 on: May 12, 2023, 01:31:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Sorry but your source wasn't reputable and gave you a ton of false information. That's all I can really say.

I don't disagree with your statement about skater owned versus skater operated. I personally believe both are important. I would absolutely agree with you if it was just Pierre owning it and employing a ton of non-skateboarders however it's the complete opposite. We all skate and we love the brand more than anything. To further my point, I think we all know the second the corporate brands feel being in skateboarding isn't profitable or hitting X million, it's time to close up shop. Whether we make money or lose money, Emerica is still going to be here regardless and that's the difference. I don't want to come off bias or anything as I obviously have friends with jobs at those brands but you wanted to know what was more important and I think a brand being in it for the right reasons and the love of skateboarding over money speaks volumes. That and seeing the owner still skating everyday at 60 versus some CEO who hasn't ever stepped foot on a board in his life. We could go on forever with the never ending debate and you're going to support whatever company you feel like which is totally fine but I've never bought a corporate skate brand once in the 20+ years skating and I plan on keeping it that way. There is no denying those big brands have a lot more employees than the skater owned brands but would you rather support a brand where say 100 out of 75,000 employees are skateboarders or a brand where 90% of the employees are skateboarders?

Does the argument “when it stops being profitable they’ll leave” still hold water after 20 years?

A lot of the “skater-owned” stuff is just hypothetical fodder for debate for me and I understand it means more because it’s your job, so im def not trying to downplay the very real stakes you feel, but at the end of the day, im buying shoes because I like how they look and how they function.   Emerica hasn’t provided that for me in a bit, sorry to say, and frankly it isn’t enough for me to spend that kind of money on a product because of “keeping it core” cred.   

But that doesn’t mean I’m not rooting for you.  I want Emerica to stay in business bc someday you’ll finally heed my call and remake the Templeton 1

Theshrunkendrunkard

« Reply #48791 on: May 12, 2023, 01:35:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s the thing that gets me the most. Nike had already proven that when the going gets tough and they don’t make their trillion a month, the cut their team and ride off into the sunset leaving behind a wake of destruction. I have to much love for this shit to let people say things about a company that has too much love for this shit, but praises a jock mega corporation that only goes with what’s popular at that very moment reported by their non skater ran social media team. Their clothes are jock shit. Their shoes are jock shit. Their riders are jocks (GT/Antonio durao not included because they are our messiahs)

Remember when skateboarding was about being an individual, hanging with your friends, being freaked the fuck out of learning front 5-0s on round rails, and putting everything you have into this toy because you love what it means to you and your life. This shit saved my life. Emerica was a big part of that. Corpo companies don’t give a fuck about you, no matter how much they say do. Emerica does wild in the streets. Emerica gave us this is skateboarinding, kids in emerica, stay gold, green, etc. Emerica gave us the MJ, the Laced, the Reynolds 3. Emerica gave us Jon Miner films. Emerica gave us hope that you could love this shit, and still be confident. Nike has ruined the self esteem of our youth, and frankly too many grown men by destroying our mental health with the exclusion of being able to purchase their fucking shoes!

The Laced is still the best shoe out in the past ten years. For skaters, by skaters still means everything to me. The vision you have is working on a percentage of us. The direction is working on a percentage of us. I am one of them. No matter the input (love or hate) keep doing what you believe in, because at the end of the day you love skateboarding, and the people that still fuck with skateboarding on a real love level see that. It still matters to us.

eSK3

« Reply #48792 on: May 12, 2023, 03:46:19 AM »
New England and the east coast in general aren’t fucking with those wack shoes. California, Arizona and Europe keep soletech in business. No one wearing them shits around here. Most shops won’t carry it because it only sells on sale. Which is great for those “core” skate rats but awful for the shop selling it.

Chronic85

« Reply #48793 on: May 12, 2023, 03:51:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That’s the thing that gets me the most. Nike had already proven that when the going gets tough and they don’t make their trillion a month, the cut their team and ride off into the sunset leaving behind a wake of destruction. I have to much love for this shit to let people say things about a company that has too much love for this shit, but praises a jock mega corporation that only goes with what’s popular at that very moment reported by their non skater ran social media team. Their clothes are jock shit. Their shoes are jock shit. Their riders are jocks (GT/Antonio durao not included because they are our messiahs)

Remember when skateboarding was about being an individual, hanging with your friends, being freaked the fuck out of learning front 5-0s on round rails, and putting everything you have into this toy because you love what it means to you and your life. This shit saved my life. Emerica was a big part of that. Corpo companies don’t give a fuck about you, no matter how much they say do. Emerica does wild in the streets. Emerica gave us this is skateboarinding, kids in emerica, stay gold, green, etc. Emerica gave us the MJ, the Laced, the Reynolds 3. Emerica gave us Jon Miner films. Emerica gave us hope that you could love this shit, and still be confident. Nike has ruined the self esteem of our youth, and frankly too many grown men by destroying our mental health with the exclusion of being able to purchase their fucking shoes!

The Laced is still the best shoe out in the past ten years. For skaters, by skaters still means everything to me. The vision you have is working on a percentage of us. The direction is working on a percentage of us. I am one of them. No matter the input (love or hate) keep doing what you believe in, because at the end of the day you love skateboarding, and the people that still fuck with skateboarding on a real love level see that. It still matters to us.

Emerica dickrider throwing a tantrum. Mimimimi.
 Back to topic please.

Theshrunkendrunkard

« Reply #48794 on: May 12, 2023, 04:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Emerica dickrider throwing a tantrum. Mimimimi.
 Back to topic please.

Coward response. Automatically “dick riding” when I don’t agree with the bullshit narrative. It’s so whack to say anything supportive lol Emerica is sick. Their shoes are sick. You’re just a weirdo with a bully mentality

That’s like me saying “you’ll never skate like Tiago, no matter how hard you try. It will never happen. Like, I promise you IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. You’ll never pop your nollie frontside flips like you imagine do”

But I’d never do that.

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #48795 on: May 12, 2023, 04:32:21 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

Also what's the possible ETA on them? Next year like most of the other new stuff teased?
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also spotted no more Wino Slip Cups or KSL G6 and that next year's Servold colours have a standard vulc sole.
[close]

The only two shoes Emerica makes I’ve been excited about lately, makes sense they’d discontinue them  ;D
[close]
The only reason anything gets discontinued is because of sales performance regardless of what style or company it is. No one discontinues styles that are bringing in solid revenue. Unfortunately, that Pour-In G6 technology is expensive but it's seriously one of the best technologies I've felt in a shoe and I hear that from everybody else as well. Not to come off like captain obvious here but here is another reminder if you love a product, be sure to support it.

Thanks for posting, and clearing that all up. I'm a big fan of the Pour-In G6. Will be stocking up on the Spanky G6 and Wino Slip Cups in that case!

As someone else asked, can you confirm if the Spanky hi has the Pour-In G6?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #48797 on: May 12, 2023, 06:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not part of the skate line, but I never realized they made a mid version of these.

Also, I like soup.

[close]

Fuck that shit, get this mid version on the skate line and slap Jamal’s name on it again and I’ll make it my only skate shoe. C’mon Adidas
[close]

;) ;) ;)
This shoe looks like the mighty morphing green ranger

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #48798 on: May 12, 2023, 07:14:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Also, I like soup.

[close]

[close]

;) ;) ;)
[close]
This shoe looks like the mighty morphing green ranger

Ha, nice! Weird that just like the Kader Pro Model its another all purple mid (not my favorite color) but hope they get more colors out in that model like they look to be doing with the pro model again!

I just feel like Adidas has been severely lacking in offering good mid/high top cupsoles for a while even tho a lot of their classics are good cupsoles

FROTHY

« Reply #48799 on: May 12, 2023, 07:16:24 AM »
New adidas slip ons x gonz

https://freedomskateshop.at/collections/skate-shoes/products/adidas-skateboarding-shmoofoil-slip-on-skateschuh-black-white

I feel like this came out in 2015.

My two cents on the sole tech conversation... I'll be buying the OG1s in either the black or navy colorways this summer. I think they did a great job with those, just from pictures I see. I'd also consider buying my first pair of etnies since I had Arto's pro model back in the day if they make some more subtle colorways of the mc rap mid. Those look ideal. Finally, es can suck a hog until they fix the damn potato accel. I had way too many pairs of accels in the early 2000s to fall for this.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #48800 on: May 12, 2023, 08:27:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Love how this got twisted around on the consumer.  Seems unlikely you guys really understood how to price and bring this technology to market and adaquately explain all the benefits.  Maybe give more it more than a year’s time?  Maybe dont price things over a hundred dollars now when we all know it’ll be around 40 in a few months.  Have heard shops wince at y’all’s practices.  Figure your shit out.  And now I can’t even stock up on the KSL in my size if I wanted to… shit’s sold through lol.  Leave it to Soletech to crack a decent cupsole technology, only to completely shelve it when it doesn’t perform immediately, thinking it must be someone else’s fault they couldn’t market it.  No offense, but that’s some fried skater logic right there.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #48801 on: May 12, 2023, 09:29:04 AM »
Green adidas looks like something I’d buy for my toddler. He loves dinosaurs

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 128
« Reply #48802 on: May 12, 2023, 10:09:51 AM »
All the ganging up on Emerica is such a “kill your heroes “ moment, I felt the need to say it. A lot of what’s considered cool at any given moment is very fickle and you could easily be convinced that anything is cool/uncool. What makes the most basic looking vulc shoe of questionable quality(Last Resort) any cooler than another? Emerica has their hesh team, LR has their Polar wallride polejam team.We’re all susceptible to marketing like a bunch of lemmings. /soapbox speech while wearing Converse.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #48803 on: May 12, 2023, 10:20:14 AM »
All the ganging up on Emerica is such a “kill your heroes “ moment, I felt the need to say it. A lot of what’s considered cool at any given moment is very fickle and you could easily be convinced that anything is cool/uncool. What makes the most basic looking vulc shoe of questionable quality(Last Resort) any cooler than another? Emerica has their hesh team, LR has their Polar wallride polejam team.We’re all susceptible to marketing like a bunch of lemmings. /soapbox speech while wearing Converse.

This. Plus every LR I see in the wild is beat after a week or so. Like just not durable. My homie was chasing that LR trend and it wasn’t affordable to keep up with cause they bag out loose grip and tear so easy. Meanwhile emerica gets hate for making pretty good quality shoes. I say this as I’m skating first pair of  Nikes. But I’ve skated everything except cons I think. They’re all about the same. Some models are worse. LRAB idk their deal. More RnD or something

SlapTM

« Reply #48804 on: May 12, 2023, 10:23:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Does the argument “when it stops being profitable they’ll leave” still hold water after 20 years?

A lot of the “skater-owned” stuff is just hypothetical fodder for debate for me and I understand it means more because it’s your job, so im def not trying to downplay the very real stakes you feel, but at the end of the day, im buying shoes because I like how they look and how they function.   Emerica hasn’t provided that for me in a bit, sorry to say, and frankly it isn’t enough for me to spend that kind of money on a product because of “keeping it core” cred.   

But that doesn’t mean I’m not rooting for you.  I want Emerica to stay in business bc someday you’ll finally heed my call and remake the Templeton 1
I still believe it. I mean that's with any corporate company regardless of it being 5 or 20 years. Business is business and they're in it for the money so when the money runs dry, they dip. Nike dropping their team and employees when they bailed on snow after being around 10+ years due to it losing money is a perfect example. I'm not saying don't support those big brands, I'm simply just answering what the difference is between skater operated brands and skater owned AND operatted, thats all. If you feel like it, shoot me a DM and let me know what sort of shoe you are looking for. Appreciate you still rooting for us, it means a lot.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Thanks for posting, and clearing that all up. I'm a big fan of the Pour-In G6. Will be stocking up on the Spanky G6 and Wino Slip Cups in that case!

Still looking at a few different options as using the G6 midsole will make the shoe pretty pricey and like I mentioned earlier, we don't want to keep putting out products that aren't affordable.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Love how this got twisted around on the consumer.  Seems unlikely you guys really understood how to price and bring this technology to market and adaquately explain all the benefits.  Maybe give more it more than a year’s time?  Maybe dont price things over a hundred dollars now when we all know it’ll be around 40 in a few months.  Have heard shops wince at y’all’s practices.  Figure your shit out.  And now I can’t even stock up on the KSL in my size if I wanted to… shit’s sold through lol.  Leave it to Soletech to crack a decent cupsole technology, only to completely shelve it when it doesn’t perform immediately, thinking it must be someone else’s fault they couldn’t market it.  No offense, but that’s some fried skater logic right there.
Hey there dude. I didn't twist anything, that's just how business works. Sorry but from reading your post it seems like you're really uninformed on a few things which I can gladly clear up for you. First off, pricing. You don't think this technology has been looked into to get the cost as affordable as possible? As I've mentioned on here many times previously, the Pour-In G6 is insanely expensive technology which then results in a higher price shoe. Regarding bringing it into the market and explaining the technology, the Pour-In G6 has been around since 2016. On the marketing side, we've put out many rider testimonials explaining exactly what this technology is and how it benefits you, shown these shoes cut in half perfectly showing the tech in print ads and web banners, explain it in every social post, etc. Second thing, timing. You really think this feature or even these models have only been out for a year? The Wino Slip Cup launched over 2 years ago as a Spanky colorway. The KSL G6 launched over a year ago. They're both in the current line right now and are still releasing new colorways. In fact, next season we've got both a 20 Year This Is Skateboarding colorway and one of the raddest throwback colorways of the KSL G6. You can't stock up on the KSL G6? Here let me help lead you in the right direction:

https://emerica.com/collections/spanky

Let me know when you're stocking up and I'll even shoot you a discount code. If you prefer to support a skate shop, I love that and luckily for you, a ton of shops have the KSL G6 available on their online stores.

Shelving a something that doesn't perform immediately? I wouldn't call a technology thats been around 7 years or even these models that have been around about 8 seasons, immediate. Plus, no one is just shelving anything. If you didn't know, the Figgy G6 just dropped this season which has the Pour-In G6 midsole in it as well so G6 is sticking around for a bit and right now you've got a ton of Pour-In G6 options: Figgy G6, KSL G6, Slip Cup, Gamma G6 (new Julian Davidson colorway dropping next season). Going back to your point of blaming consumers, we aren't at all. We just realize that people don't really want to spend $85-90 on a slip-on.

Hope all that helps.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #48805 on: May 12, 2023, 10:51:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I still believe it. I mean that's with any corporate company regardless of it being 5 or 20 years. Business is business and they're in it for the money so when the money runs dry, they dip. Nike dropping their team and employees when they bailed on snow after being around 10+ years due to it losing money is a perfect example. I'm not saying don't support those big brands, I'm simply just answering what the difference is between skater operated brands and skater owned AND operatted, thats all. If you feel like it, shoot me a DM and let me know what sort of shoe you are looking for. Appreciate you still rooting for us, it means a lot.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Still looking at a few different options as using the G6 midsole will make the shoe pretty pricey and like I mentioned earlier, we don't want to keep putting out products that aren't affordable.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Hey there dude. I didn't twist anything, that's just how business works. Sorry but from reading your post it seems like you're really uninformed on a few things which I can gladly clear up for you. First off, pricing. You don't think this technology has been looked into to get the cost as affordable as possible? As I've mentioned on here many times previously, the Pour-In G6 is insanely expensive technology which then results in a higher price shoe. Regarding bringing it into the market and explaining the technology, the Pour-In G6 has been around since 2016. On the marketing side, we've put out many rider testimonials explaining exactly what this technology is and how it benefits you, shown these shoes cut in half perfectly showing the tech in print ads and web banners, explain it in every social post, etc. Second thing, timing. You really think this feature or even these models have only been out for a year? The Wino Slip Cup launched over 2 years ago as a Spanky colorway. The KSL G6 launched over a year ago. They're both in the current line right now and are still releasing new colorways. In fact, next season we've got both a 20 Year This Is Skateboarding colorway and one of the raddest throwback colorways of the KSL G6. You can't stock up on the KSL G6? Here let me help lead you in the right direction:

https://emerica.com/collections/spanky

Let me know when you're stocking up and I'll even shoot you a discount code. If you prefer to support a skate shop, I love that and luckily for you, a ton of shops have the KSL G6 available on their online stores.

Shelving a something that doesn't perform immediately? I wouldn't call a technology thats been around 7 years or even these models that have been around about 8 seasons, immediate. Plus, no one is just shelving anything. If you didn't know, the Figgy G6 just dropped this season which has the Pour-In G6 midsole in it as well so G6 is sticking around for a bit and right now you've got a ton of Pour-In G6 options: Figgy G6, KSL G6, Slip Cup, Gamma G6 (new Julian Davidson colorway dropping next season). Going back to your point of blaming consumers, we aren't at all. We just realize that people don't really want to spend $85-90 on a slip-on.

Hope all that helps.

Hey man.  Thanks for the response, and for the info.  It’s good to hear the pour in G6 isn’t leaving immediately but I think it’s apparent in your wording it’s not long for this world.  I can appreciate you have to do what business dictates sometimes - but just know your fans will be pissed when a product, in this case the KSL, but also the Slip Cup, to a lesser degree - are marked for discontinuation.  I honestly think it sucks one of your better shoes is going away, and maybe there’s a shoe in your lineup to replace it, but the general trend away from quality towards a lesser product you’re describing, due to cost/sales or whatever reason, is disappointing. I really think if you guys focused on the basics, you’d be in such better shape - the white colorway of the KSL you linked is for just about no one, and I havent met a single skater who likes the leather material instead of suede seen in your Shake Junt shoe.  The original suede all black, and black with green and white trim were clearly superior.  It bothers me you could have a GOAT skater like Spanky on your roster, make him a decent shoe, then not find a way to sell it through- and despite the insane economic climate skating is facing - I cant help but point the finger at SoleTech.

eSK3

« Reply #48806 on: May 12, 2023, 10:57:49 AM »
“Nike dropping their team and employees when they bailed on snow after being around 10+ years due to it losing money is a perfect example.”

Soletech did the same thing with eS or did you forget?

mindfuzz

• Rep: 37
« Reply #48807 on: May 12, 2023, 11:08:21 AM »
the white colorway of the KSL you linked is for just about no one, and I havent met a single skater who likes the leather material instead of suede seen in your Shake Junt shoe.  The original suede all black, and black with green and white trim were clearly superior.

So you’re just upset they don’t make the colorway you want? The white ones are fine and inoffensive it’s not like they’re making pink fuzzy ones that you have to enter a lottery to buy like some other popular cupsoles out there.

And when it comes to price Nike has some vulcs on their site right now for $90+ and everyone is losing their mind about the Emerica pricing? Yeesh

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #48808 on: May 12, 2023, 11:11:00 AM »
Expand Quote
the white colorway of the KSL you linked is for just about no one, and I havent met a single skater who likes the leather material instead of suede seen in your Shake Junt shoe.  The original suede all black, and black with green and white trim were clearly superior.
[close]

So you’re just upset they don’t make the colorway you want? The white ones are fine and inoffensive it’s not like they’re making pink fuzzy ones that you have to enter a lottery to buy like some other popular cupsoles out there.

And when it comes to price Nike has some vulcs on their site right now for $90+ and everyone is losing their mind about the Emerica pricing? Yeesh

Did you miss the part where they’re discontinuing the shoe altogether?   And yeah, I’m not a fan of the white or Shake Junt colorway, but that wasn’t my point.  If they focused on the best SKU’s that will sell through they wouldn’t be sitting on so much unsold product.  Too many SKU’s is a classic mistake many businesses make.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48809 on: May 12, 2023, 11:29:07 AM »
@Kook Me Amadeus  How should they market the KSL and Slip Cup in ways they’re not already doing? What basics should they focus on that without falling into everyone’s comments that they’re just releasing the same model over and over?