Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8773161 times)

jamersonbass, DERBY, rolling is good, Gray Imp Sausage Metal and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #51540 on: March 14, 2024, 09:52:47 AM »
I feel like I'm losing my mind here. Why is there this much hype for an I-path reboot?

As far as I remember, the easiest way to clown you friends back the day was to point at the Cats in the ccs catalog and say, "those are the shoes you're getting".

Sounds like the only clowns were your friends sadly
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #51541 on: March 14, 2024, 12:55:50 PM »
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

Southernmost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #51542 on: March 14, 2024, 01:05:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's just something about that Ipath reboot that seems too good to be true. Seeing actual samples with aged Kenny Reed does help though.  Does anyone know who is behind the new Ipath?
[close]

The original instagram posts were extremely bad, on par with Axions most recent revival. Is “follow your path” an original slogan? If not it’s kinda giving me “axion speaks louder than words” vibes. Having Kenny Reed and Matt Rodriguez involved should help steer them in the right direction. Now if we can get Freddy on board we will be doing even better.
[close]

Yes. Beats "Sole Rebels", though.

Ok thanks for the confirmation. I didn’t wanna say it’s completely whack especially if it has some history to the brand. Sounded familiar but I wasn’t sure. If they do a 2025 promo that would be incredible.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 47
« Reply #51543 on: March 14, 2024, 01:08:37 PM »
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

"this isn't the render"
the vans shoe designer sighs
incoming pink slip

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
« Reply #51544 on: March 14, 2024, 01:09:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

[close]
"this isn't the render"
incoming pink slip

I like these. How much will they be? An arm and a leg?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

thehogsniper

« Reply #51545 on: March 14, 2024, 01:12:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

[close]
"this isn't the render"
incoming pink slip
[close]

I like these. How much will they be? An arm and a leg?
$130-140

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 152
« Reply #51546 on: March 14, 2024, 05:47:58 PM »
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

They besmirch his name with these things

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1684
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #51547 on: March 14, 2024, 07:26:00 PM »
Expand Quote
There's just something about that Ipath reboot that seems too good to be true. Seeing actual samples with aged Kenny Reed does help though.  Does anyone know who is behind the new Ipath?
[close]
Got an email from them stating that the reps were part of the original sales team. Everything looked legit. Dealers apps, catalogs etc… I pulled the trigger on the cats and grasshoppers for the first drop. Looks promising..

When are they expected to drop? Sorry if I missed it earlier.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #51548 on: March 14, 2024, 07:41:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Got an email from them stating that the reps were part of the original sales team. Everything looked legit. Dealers apps, catalogs etc… I pulled the trigger on the cats and grasshoppers for the first drop. Looks promising..
[close]

July at the earliest , September at the latest.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #51549 on: March 14, 2024, 07:50:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
More, what is the retail looking like?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #51550 on: March 14, 2024, 08:31:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

[close]

These are fucking nuts. I kinda like them, kinda want to try them because I love the AVE Pro, but there's no way AVE ever actually skates or helped design these, right? This has to be like Omar and his Nike SB shoe.

(Removed the pics to save some bandwidth.)

Pasta Monster

« Reply #51551 on: March 15, 2024, 04:02:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

[close]

[close]

These are fucking nuts. I kinda like them, kinda want to try them because I love the AVE Pro, but there's no way AVE ever actually skates or helped design these, right? This has to be like Omar and his Nike SB shoe.

Either AVE wears trainers like this when he doesn’t skate or someone in a corporate position at Vans decided that they need to compete with Nike SB from 8 years ago.

They will put out the hottest garbage that no one asked, and ignore customers who have been wanting a cupsole Half Cab for over 20 years. If people at Vans would create a Slip-On cupsole, they would be able to sell shoes to people who were into the Wino G6 Slip Cup.

Gleefull508

• Rep: 26
« Reply #51552 on: March 15, 2024, 08:01:52 AM »
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

These actually look kind of cool, but sadly they will be 130$ and will rip to shreds and look like shit after 3 sessions

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -516
« Reply #51553 on: March 15, 2024, 08:28:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

[close]

These actually look kind of cool, but sadly they will be 130$ and will rip to shreds and look like shit after 3 sessions

If it was just knit right at the collar and tongue it would be so much better. I like this kinda shoe design in athletic shoes but I can’t imagine that mesh knit back half is very supportive . I gotta see em person first.

This feels like the follow up to that not AVE but totally an  AVE shoe they did more than to actual shoe.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DinnerDog425

• Rep: 24
« Reply #51554 on: March 15, 2024, 08:54:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

[close]

[close]

[close]
Either AVE wears trainers like this when he doesn’t skate or someone in a corporate position at Vans decided that they need to compete with Nike SB from 8 years ago.

They will put out the hottest garbage that no one asked, and ignore customers who have been wanting a cupsole Half Cab for over 20 years. If people at Vans would create a Slip-On cupsole, they would be able to sell shoes to people who were into the Wino G6 Slip Cup.
A impact waffle Half Cab would be a great idea.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1003
  • the moon rules
« Reply #51555 on: March 15, 2024, 08:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Well now Reed’s wearing some Cats lol

This 3rd one is a video screenshot by the “designer”but the shoes look solid and really good. I’m excited to be able to wear these again. They were one of my favorites growing up.

[close]
Stoked on this, but that’s hilarious that Kenny didn’t bother to move his Adidas of of the chair for the photo…
Don’t pay any attention to that. He wore Adidas the last time he was on I-Path, too

fuck you bama

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #51556 on: March 15, 2024, 10:42:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Pretty standard for shoes nowadays $95-$100

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #51557 on: March 15, 2024, 11:33:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Pretty standard for shoes nowadays $95-$100

Thanks for always keeping it real Moe. And yeah that price range seems pretty standard for most shoes nowadays, especially a brand that’s been dead for a decade.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
« Reply #51558 on: March 15, 2024, 12:01:42 PM »

Dmng

• Rep: 19
« Reply #51559 on: March 15, 2024, 12:12:16 PM »
Would you guys have any opinion on the safe low ? They look pretty similar to the half cab right ? How would the soles / board feel should be ?

I’ve had ishod 1 which I didn’t really like (painful where the toebox pleats and the insole got super soft which makes my ankle sore)
I like Nyjah 2, except the look of it … I like that the sole isn’t as soft as the ishod tho.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #51560 on: March 15, 2024, 01:10:41 PM »
Would you guys have any opinion on the safe low ? They look pretty similar to the half cab right ? How would the soles / board feel should be ?

I’ve had ishod 1 which I didn’t really like (painful where the toebox pleats and the insole got super soft which makes my ankle sore)
I like Nyjah 2, except the look of it … I like that the sole isn’t as soft as the ishod tho.

just looking at the safe low, i wouldn't buy em as long as the vulc rowans and halfcabs are around. if you've skated Vans before I'm sure the boardfeel is largely the same (good, but not great, and the sole wears out way too fast)

the hidden lace loops are kinda interesting, but i hate the sock liner, and the rest just seems too pieced together for my taste
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #51561 on: March 15, 2024, 02:11:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Koston 3 Ave 2.0

[close]

the AVE cum sock

Man… I can’t wait to get a hold of those babies and nut all inside them, before hiding them under a pile of dirty clothes in the corner of my room.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Dmng

« Reply #51562 on: March 15, 2024, 02:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

just looking at the safe low, i wouldn't buy em as long as the vulc rowans and halfcabs are around. if you've skated Vans before I'm sure the boardfeel is largely the same (good, but not great, and the sole wears out way too fast)

the hidden lace loops are kinda interesting, but i hate the sock liner, and the rest just seems too pieced together for my taste

Yeah I’m not really sure. I’m not good at all and don’t have a big experience about skate shoes. I use mostly my front foot sole fast for now, then the Ollie bit on the toe box if I can say so

Jack Locke

« Reply #51563 on: March 15, 2024, 02:21:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's good to hear. One of my favorite brands in their heyday. Will prob do decently id imagine as well

Jeremykleinsjackrag

• Rep: 6
« Reply #51564 on: March 15, 2024, 03:36:55 PM »
Me and a friend were talking about the iPath reboot other day and he told me that when he was a teenager him and his pals cut a patch off his mates hemp grasshoppers and smoked it hoping to get high, said they were so sweaty and old too. I was so hyped. The most ipath thing you could do as a teenager.

thehogsniper

« Reply #51565 on: March 15, 2024, 04:10:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I’m not really sure. I’m not good at all and don’t have a big experience about skate shoes. I use mostly my front foot sole fast for now, then the Ollie bit on the toe box if I can say so
You'd probably be better served getting the half cabs or the MC 96. I mean they're super close as well to the Zahba. If you haven't had a pair I would recommend buying them on sale or trying them on before. Have you tried any of the Vans skate series in general?

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #51566 on: March 15, 2024, 04:51:32 PM »
They are nothing like a Zahba. And the Safe Low is just that, a low top. Not a mid. Therefore, different than a Half Cab or MC.
How much for an order of ribs?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #51567 on: March 15, 2024, 05:02:33 PM »
They are nothing like a Zahba. And the Safe Low is just that, a low top. Not a mid. Therefore, different than a Half Cab or MC.

Safe Low is a tweaked version of a low top version of MC96, from what I can tell. Paneling is nearly identical between the two. I thought it was a lowtop version of the MC96 when I first saw photos Palace did modify it so it stands out as something more, tho
Super Champion Fun Zone

thehogsniper

« Reply #51568 on: March 15, 2024, 06:10:31 PM »
I mean similar to the half cab/MC. The safe low is marketed as a combination of the two, hence why we draw the comparison

Dmng

« Reply #51569 on: March 15, 2024, 09:58:46 PM »
No I’ve never tried any vans yet. Maybe I should try one of those pairs you listed. I’m just a bit worried about the mid length rubbing against my inside ankle (bloody flat feet !)