Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8703171 times)

Alois Hitler Jr., Reese Bruno and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #51810 on: April 17, 2024, 07:32:52 PM »
Something about the blue and black screw mid with the giant SC logo on the tongue. Reminds me of the the type of shoe I’d gravitate too when I was younger.

I kind of like them

Also until now, I never realized how much Santa Cruz soletech crossover there was.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #51811 on: April 19, 2024, 07:14:00 AM »
I'd be fucking embarrassed to have to wear these, on some Cariuma levels of embarrassment.

I mean you could probably pay me enough to wear these but I'd feel a lot of shame putting my puppies in these.

Etnies is dying a slow and painful death and this is the shit the brain-trust over there comes up with?

Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 775
« Reply #51812 on: April 19, 2024, 07:31:13 AM »
etnies should hire me, the skateshop i worked at folded because of unsellable santa cruz and etnies clothing and now they’re bringing this shit out

and i know damn well the owners would have ordered this entire drop with cum on the screen so i’m kinda glad it went bankrupt
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #51813 on: April 19, 2024, 01:34:52 PM »
I'd be fucking embarrassed to have to wear these, on some Cariuma levels of embarrassment.

I mean you could probably pay me enough to wear these but I'd feel a lot of shame putting my puppies in these.

Etnies is dying a slow and painful death and this is the shit the brain-trust over there comes up with?

Sort of, but then you have the opposite in the Sal 23’s looking like an absolute banger.

So it’s kind of a mixed bag.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1243
« Reply #51814 on: April 19, 2024, 03:33:10 PM »
etnies should hire me, the skateshop i worked at folded because of unsellable santa cruz and etnies clothing and now they’re bringing this shit out

and i know damn well the owners would have ordered this entire drop with cum on the screen so i’m kinda glad it went bankrupt

etnies on tributes confirmed

KDP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #51815 on: April 19, 2024, 10:53:18 PM »
Santa Cruz shoe will sell shitloads probably. Not to dudes who post on Slap. It'll be the people who used to skate or own a complete which lives in the garage and come from some backwater town. And theres fucking loads of those people.
And the Sal will sell in to us.
And all will be fine in the end.

Southernmost

• Rep: 118
« Reply #51816 on: April 19, 2024, 11:07:49 PM »
I agree we’re not their target market, and some of this could sell decently to the “used to skate” people or full && complete riders. But a whole catalogue seems overboard. Maybe a few shoes, a few shirts, couple hoodies and hats would’ve been more than enough for that crowd. For every two steps Etnie’s takes forward it seems to take a bunch backwards. I still wouldn’t mind trying a pair of the Joslin or Maranas in a normal colorway eventually.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • sup dog
« Reply #51817 on: April 21, 2024, 10:47:41 AM »
Is the Joslin dead?
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51818 on: April 22, 2024, 05:48:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sort of, but then you have the opposite in the Sal 23’s looking like an absolute banger.

My gripe is with this particular catalogue, as I've actually been kind of feeling the Mc Rap/Screw/Snake revival and obviously the 23 is timeless, but for how long they keep these in the lineup is based on the market I reckon and obviously not what the average-past-their-prime-sub-basement-dwelling-Slap-poster-who-is-eternally-online-and-hasn't-touched-grass-in-10-years thinks. I do bet they sell a shit ton of these (especially in kids sizes), as they look like if Hot Wheels made shoes (Hot Wheels did 1.4 billion in sales during 2023), who I'm pretty sure they had a license agreement at one point for branded shoes (and still appears to through Mattel). So with the broader appeal of hot wheels combined with adult and children sizing, I don't see why these won't be flying off the shelves of my local. Oh wait, my local doesn't even carry Etnies, never mind. If they could get these in a Target or Kohl's, then we'd really be cooking with gas!

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #51819 on: April 22, 2024, 06:19:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My gripe is with this particular catalogue, as I've actually been kind of feeling the Mc Rap/Screw/Snake revival and obviously the 23 is timeless, but for how long they keep these in the lineup is based on the market I reckon and obviously not what the average-past-their-prime-sub-basement-dwelling-Slap-poster-who-is-eternally-online-and-hasn't-touched-grass-in-10-years thinks. I do bet they sell a shit ton of these (especially in kids sizes), as they look like if Hot Wheels made shoes (Hot Wheels did 1.4 billion in sales during 2023), who I'm pretty sure they had a license agreement at one point for branded shoes (and still appears to through Mattel). So with the broader appeal of hot wheels combined with adult and children sizing, I don't see why these won't be flying off the shelves of my local. Oh wait, my local doesn't even carry Etnies, never mind. If they could get these in a Target or Kohl's, then we'd really be cooking with gas!

↑ supreme could put out that shoe and fuccbois would lap it up

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51820 on: April 22, 2024, 06:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You ain't lying...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #51821 on: April 22, 2024, 08:32:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

You ain't lying...

Robert Neal pro model

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51822 on: April 22, 2024, 08:50:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

You ain't lying...
[close]

Robert Neal pro model

Bingo!

It's all coming together now...

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #51823 on: April 23, 2024, 05:17:15 AM »
Dime ADI2000

Enjoy your life.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51824 on: April 23, 2024, 05:28:50 AM »
Dime ADI2000

Hmmm... Kind of like them, kind of don't... Reminds me of the puffy vans my dad used to buy. I used to give him all of my old shoes to work in and remember him landscaping in a pair of white PRod Delta Forces at one point, kind of wish I held on to those.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51825 on: April 23, 2024, 05:36:54 AM »
Dime ADI2000

At first sight I thought they were 2000s Globes
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #51826 on: April 23, 2024, 06:01:02 AM »
Dime ADI2000

the lacing is giving me anxiety. peak 2000's vans with adidas branding.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51827 on: April 23, 2024, 06:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Dime ADI2000

[close]

My sentiment exactly, especially in that color.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 643

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #51829 on: April 23, 2024, 11:20:26 AM »

Forum 84 Low ADV shoe in gray - when will this colour way come out do you think? Saw Momiji wearing this at SLS and thought it looked rad

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #51830 on: April 23, 2024, 01:35:19 PM »

Forum 84 Low ADV shoe in gray - when will this colour way come out do you think? Saw Momiji wearing this at SLS and thought it looked rad

weren't those out already a while ago?

googled a bit and found them or a similar colorway, here's the link:
https://www.blue-tomato.com/de-AT/product/adidas+Skateboarding-Forum+84+Low+Adv+Skateschuhe-716436/?varid=305101323&_$ja=tsid%3A46407&em_src=kw&em_cmp=Google%2FAT%2FPLA-MAR-Fashion%2F305101323&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwuJ2xBhA3EiwAMVjkVEnyOt5r94p4eHf3MRh_HLs76pkVnYat6jkBUpnvo5y6myRy7yAztxoCUSwQAvD_BwE

sorry for the random euro site but it was the first hit on these.

myself i only skated the lil dre forum mids/ highs and they were pretty fucking good shoes, so hope you find those on sale somewhere

Snackbar

• Rep: 8
« Reply #51831 on: April 23, 2024, 02:05:49 PM »

This will show my age, but damn these gave me Chany Pro vibes

Gnar_Gnar

• Rep: 1
  • Don’t give up
« Reply #51832 on: April 23, 2024, 03:07:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dime ADI2000

[close]
[close]

I'm getting 2000's real to real gonz from this and strangely backing it
Nose slide Crook
Nose slide Crook
Nose slide Crook

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #51833 on: April 23, 2024, 03:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dime ADI2000

[close]
[close]

[close]

I forget which Osiris’s - Tyrone Olson or Mayhew 2

Troubadour26

• Rep: 77
« Reply #51834 on: April 23, 2024, 05:09:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dime ADI2000

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

those are 100% an homage to the Payless/Shoe Carnival/Rack Room Vans of the early 2000’s.

There was a pair of these blacked out in Ross for a while in my size that I came close to taking home.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #51835 on: April 23, 2024, 05:25:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dime ADI2000

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

those are 100% an homage to the Payless/Shoe Carnival/Rack Room Vans of the early 2000’s.

There was a pair of these blacked out in Ross for a while in my size that I came close to taking home.

shout out to Point Zero haha    (not my pic, just a google result, wish they had pics of the tan ones)

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51836 on: April 23, 2024, 05:33:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dime ADI2000

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I’ve had a pair of these adidas for like 6 months at least . They are comfy as fuck. I thought I would skate them, but they just feel really cozy.

They came with thick round laces and standard flat ones. And have the alternative lace pattern.

Would recommend as chillers

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #51837 on: April 23, 2024, 07:15:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This will show my age, but damn these gave me Chany Pro vibes

Damn. Now I really want these.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #51838 on: April 23, 2024, 08:13:14 PM »
Two new colorways of the AS-1s that look good from these blurry photos lol

https://rosestreetskateshop.com/products/converse-as-1-pro-ox-egret-black
https://rosestreetskateshop.com/products/converse-as-1-pro-ox-green-almost-black-black

Damn so I forget, are people saying these fit tts or nah? These are beautiful gonna be an instant cop

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51839 on: April 23, 2024, 08:22:05 PM »
The fit is TTS if not slightly snug. I have wide feet and they’re fine.