Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8690953 times)

pray4mebyname

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #36210 on: January 31, 2020, 04:13:37 PM »
was just lurking the "new arrivals" of the vans site and saw that a lot of the pro models / pro classics are switching to "pop cush." is it just rebranded ultracush? doesn't look all too different?

https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-skate/kyle-walker-pro-periscope-true-white

https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-skate/half-cab-pro-periscope-drizzle

https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-skate/sk8-hi-pro-black-alpine

Pop Cush seems like a different material than Ultra Cush. The Ultra Cush felt thick and bouncy to me, Pop Cush has much better board feel.

New AA Authentic Hi's have Pop Cush  ;D

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #36211 on: January 31, 2020, 04:37:09 PM »
From what I was told was that pop cush was used in Van's snowboard boots and Dan Lu tried the insoles in his shoes and really liked them.
Also they have an energy return type material that may or may not be similar to fp insoles.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 336
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #36212 on: January 31, 2020, 05:14:17 PM »

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #36213 on: January 31, 2020, 05:29:22 PM »
Those AA's a spring shoe?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36214 on: January 31, 2020, 09:13:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Hi everyone
I leave an interview with Quin Fernandez, DVS footwear designer, where he tells us what the brand brings us for this year.
I hope enjoy them

http://www.sk8shoesba.com/v2/designers-quin-fernandes/
[close]
Yo!!!
None of you guys said Prototype's are back out!
https://www.journeys.com/product/mens-airwalk-prototype-600-f-hi-skate-shoe-black-white-red-96494012

https://www.sears.com/airwalk-men-s-prototype-600-skate-high/p-A049903401
More colorways!!!
[close]

I shouldn't put this in writing on the internet, where it will be saved forever. But I would try those airwalks. I don't see any other skateable cupsole high tops for that price. Lol kill me now.

I did however just order a pair of the cinex mids from proper. Looking forward to trying those out.
[close]

Dude, Airwalks are fucking sick. I've been skating some Ones and it's fun as hell. Props on the Proper purchase!

Also stoked on the Proper purchase. Let me know how you like them. I only skate cupsoles but have been super into cupsole mid/high tops lately.

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #36215 on: January 31, 2020, 10:01:35 PM »
Expand Quote
I think these are decent looking. Would be better without the inch long ollie guard.
Would be much, much, much better on a cupsole like the figgy dose sole.
[close]
I agree, especially since the grip on the toe bumper isnt flush with the ollie guard, it looks like there's two ollie guards at first glance: one behind the first wrap of the faux tape, another on the second faux tape layer. Id get them if they were cupsole
Dear Emerica TM,

Please make this.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #36216 on: January 31, 2020, 10:28:26 PM »
Thats a serious improvement.

You were so close, emerica.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #36217 on: January 31, 2020, 10:49:14 PM »
Sounds like Lakai has a xlk cup sole mid in the works. Half cab inspired maybe.

Telfords were actually the last mid top shoe I had, I think. Cupsole 'half-cab' sounds nice.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cupsole them shits!
[close]

Would be nice to skate a mid top. Has been ages.
[close]

https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com/products/cinex-mid-white

No Proper in Europe. Not a fan of the model either, to be honest. Could go for an olive pair of Conquistas, tho.

The Pillar would benefit from a slight contrast in colours between the sole and the bumpers.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #36218 on: February 01, 2020, 02:06:04 AM »
I might buy some Airwalks from Sears. There, I said it.
I think shoes.com is the seller but Sears has better prices on some colorways.
https://www.shoes.com/airwalk-prototype-600-skate-high-top/873112/1947917

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #36219 on: February 01, 2020, 02:58:26 AM »
Intrigued by this pop cush change... not a fan of the ultra, wrong shape and sweaty/slippery for me but think that’s mostly the top fabric

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #36220 on: February 01, 2020, 06:09:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think these are decent looking. Would be better without the inch long ollie guard.
Would be much, much, much better on a cupsole like the figgy dose sole.
[close]
I agree, especially since the grip on the toe bumper isnt flush with the ollie guard, it looks like there's two ollie guards at first glance: one behind the first wrap of the faux tape, another on the second faux tape layer. Id get them if they were cupsole
[close]
Dear Emerica TM,

Please make this.

That's amazing. Would buy in a heartbeat

Agnarnomous

« Reply #36221 on: February 01, 2020, 08:18:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Hi everyone
I leave an interview with Quin Fernandez, DVS footwear designer, where he tells us what the brand brings us for this year.
I hope enjoy them

[close]
Yo!!!
https://www.journeys.com/product/mens-airwalk-prototype-600-f-hi-skate-shoe-black-white-red-96494012

More colorways!!!
[close]

I shouldn't put this in writing on the internet, where it will be saved forever. But I would try those airwalks. I don't see any other skateable cupsole high tops for that price. Lol kill me now.

I did however just order a pair of the cinex mids from proper. Looking forward to trying those out.
[close]

Dude, Airwalks are fucking sick. I've been skating some Ones and it's fun as hell. Props on the Proper purchase!

Yea man! Thanks for the suggestion.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Hi everyone
I hope enjoy them

[close]
Yo!!!

More colorways!!!
[close]

[close]

[close]

Also stoked on the Proper purchase. Let me know how you like them. I only skate cupsoles but have been super into cupsole mid/high tops lately.

Will do, was thinking of making a review and either creating a thread for it, or putting it in an existing one.

FrostedPancake

• Rep: 0
« Reply #36222 on: February 01, 2020, 08:31:28 AM »

These are at least a 4/8 not sure why hes being so harsh on his own shoe

pray4mebyname

• Rep: 4
« Reply #36223 on: February 01, 2020, 08:32:06 AM »
Those AA's a spring shoe?
Ya, they come out in April.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #36224 on: February 01, 2020, 10:55:40 AM »
just got adidas superstar advs yesterday and after wearing them for work the whole day, i wanted to share my first impressions.

-the materials seem supergood and quite premium

-the glue job is pretty bad on the shell toe. like when you pull out the laces, there are very noticeable glue stains. just looks pretty cheap compared to the materials.

-no extra laces included

-the tongue is padded on some pics online, but this tongue is NOT PADDED. this might be important for some. the stitching makes it seem like there would be something underneath but it's just for decoration.

-this makes the shoe honestly look like shit on your feet. they look totally fine on the shelf but the non padded tongue along with the supertight centering straps makes it push down on your instep like crazy, the panels for lacing up are super big, so even though i couldn't wear any size smaller, since my feet are filling out most of the shoe, it is super flat on your feet and i basically have to rambo lace them so they keep any shape. this in turn makes weird creases in the front.

-i wore them like slip ons for an hour without the laces to wear out the straps. since the tongue has no real structure it made ugly creases.

so these won't look at all like superstars, i will take out the tongue off some old shoes and glue them under this one  for extra padding, i hope this will help the tongues structure and give the shoe a nicer shape when worn. also the creasing of the tongue also happens when laced up, which i found very uncomfortable.

on the plus side i found the outsole insole combo rather pleasant and pillowy for an adidas skateboarding shoe. on the other hand, the fold the shoe makes around the shelltoe seem is a bit harsh on the toes, as was to be expected on first wearing.

overall i'm pretty disappointed because these shoes look awesome in the web and by themselves but the looks totally fall apart imo when worn due to very bad design decisions about how tongue and lacing interact. or it's made for some kind of very weird footshape. i dunno. just know this and try them on if possible before buying to check the clown shoe factor.

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #36225 on: February 01, 2020, 11:04:14 AM »
when do the andrew allens come out?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #36226 on: February 01, 2020, 11:27:12 AM »
just got adidas superstar advs yesterday and after wearing them for work the whole day, i wanted to share my first impressions.

-no extra laces included

-the tongue is padded on some pics online, but this tongue is NOT PADDED. this might be important for some. the stitching makes it seem like there would be something underneath but it's just for decoration.

-this makes the shoe honestly look like shit on your feet. they look totally fine on the shelf but the non padded tongue along with the supertight centering straps makes it push down on your instep like crazy, the panels for lacing up are super big, so even though i couldn't wear any size smaller, since my feet are filling out most of the shoe, it is super flat on your feet and i basically have to rambo lace them so they keep any shape. this in turn makes weird creases in the front.

-i wore them like slip ons for an hour without the laces to wear out the straps. since the tongue has no real structure it made ugly creases.

so these won't look at all like superstars, i will take out the tongue off some old shoes and glue them under this one  for extra padding, i hope this will help the tongues structure and give the shoe a nicer shape when worn. also the creasing of the tongue also happens when laced up, which i found very uncomfortable.

overall i'm pretty disappointed because these shoes look awesome in the web and by themselves but the looks totally fall apart imo when worn due to very bad design decisions about how tongue and lacing interact. or it's made for some kind of very weird footshape. i dunno. just know this and try them on if possible before buying to check the clown shoe factor.
same review to the T I thought about the campus ADV as well. Nice suede soft but the side panels had no structure and creased weird along with the toebox. And no tongue padding either.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36227 on: February 01, 2020, 11:29:28 AM »
when do the andrew allens come out?
”coming soon” SS20 so maybe early feb? Haven’t seen an exact date.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #36228 on: February 01, 2020, 11:37:53 AM »
same review to the T I thought about the campus ADV as well. Nice suede soft but the side panels had no structure and creased weird along with the toebox. And no tongue padding either.

i put a vans tnt sg tongue i cut out of an old pair under the tongue, it really helps the shoes looks, structure and comfort.

EDIT2: i might even cut off the centering straps, they kind of suck and don't add any comfort.

but yeah, it's kind of a thing with adidas whenever i buy or try a pair. they often look super comfy and padded but actually often feel cagey and floppy at the same time instead. these were intended for work, so i didn't pay much mind to how they would skate, but without the extra tongue i could never ever skate these. they just fit too weird with the creasing brittle tongue.

EDIT:

i might cave in and buy a pair of kalis og after these up been posted. i'm yearning for some wearable pillows.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:41:18 AM by Frank »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #36229 on: February 01, 2020, 02:55:16 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #36230 on: February 01, 2020, 03:00:17 PM »

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #36231 on: February 01, 2020, 03:03:41 PM »
Expand Quote

-no extra laces included

[close]
I like the campus ADV but I agree to an extent. The tongue is thin but there is at least straps to keep it a little snug. I fucking hate skate shoes with a wondering tongue and feels like every session you have to cut off circulation to your feet from the shoes getting looser from wear

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #36232 on: February 01, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
Fucking hell, those adidas sound terrible...
Remember the days when they used to make really good/ functional skate shoes?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36233 on: February 01, 2020, 05:12:31 PM »
Fucking hell, those adidas sound terrible...
Remember the days when they used to make really good/ functional skate shoes?
tried a couple in the last few months and I didn’t kept either. The new matchbreak look decent for a vulc.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:19:36 PM by jay_nev »

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36235 on: February 01, 2020, 08:05:16 PM »

black pair might be a winner for me...didnt think id like these at all
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36236 on: February 01, 2020, 08:18:54 PM »
Intrigued by this pop cush change... not a fan of the ultra, wrong shape and sweaty/slippery for me but think that’s mostly the top fabric

Same , apparently they also have a new rubber formula for the sole, might just be marketing though

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36237 on: February 01, 2020, 08:21:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same , apparently they also have a new rubber formula for the sole, might just be marketing though
is there some info/source for this new tech and change? Just see it switching over in some models on the vans site.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #36238 on: February 01, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
is there some info/source for this new tech and change? Just see it switching over in some models on the vans site.
I noticed they the newer soles look more orange, which may be closer to the 'Classics' sole and I find grippier.
Half the Vans Pros ruin my feet now, so I'm hoping the Pop Cush help them fit better then they have in the last few years.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #36239 on: February 02, 2020, 03:52:50 AM »
I think Vans have revamped a lot of their shoes this season. We got a whole bunch of the Vault OGs at work and the canvas is different, softer, and the soles are way more flexy.

I think this has all been introduced to prevent models with higher foxing from splitting off from the canvas, which was a major issue on Vault shoes.