Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8733173 times)

doyle, OhioGuy, BoxStuffer, klobynrenn and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #42600 on: July 27, 2021, 07:30:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

is it impossible to make this shoe with a non translucent sole? i hate that look so much but it ticks every other box for me
[close]
thats what ive been told by vans reps. the grip depends on it being translucent, which im gonna call bs. they just want it to be a visible "tech" feature to justify the price tag
[close]

Okay I felt like The only one, reading these comments make me feel a bit more sane. As I’ve gotten older I probably SHOULD be wanting to skate something like this more but it looks so much like a vans shoe that wants to be a Nike or adidas and it just doesn’t work for me, but probably feels amazing
My pair felt amazing but the mesh near the toe developed a whole within a week of walking in them. I don't know if it's just the way my toes bend while walking or what but I can't justify getting another pair for the price despite it feeling and skating pretty good. The internal shank in the sole felt really good and made my feet feel pretty safe.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #42601 on: July 27, 2021, 07:51:33 AM »
I don’t think the AVE’s grip is worse than any other cupsole’s once you break them in. I think to the touch, the sole feels different (a little softer and kinda sticky?), but I couldn’t tell much of a difference between it and other cupsoles after a few sessions.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 36
« Reply #42602 on: July 27, 2021, 11:14:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

is it impossible to make this shoe with a non translucent sole? i hate that look so much but it ticks every other box for me
[close]
thats what ive been told by vans reps. the grip depends on it being translucent, which im gonna call bs. they just want it to be a visible "tech" feature to justify the price tag
[close]

Okay I felt like The only one, reading these comments make me feel a bit more sane. As I’ve gotten older I probably SHOULD be wanting to skate something like this more but it looks so much like a vans shoe that wants to be a Nike or adidas and it just doesn’t work for me, but probably feels amazing
[close]
My pair felt amazing but the mesh near the toe developed a whole within a week of walking in them. I don't know if it's just the way my toes bend while walking or what but I can't justify getting another pair for the price despite it feeling and skating pretty good. The internal shank in the sole felt really good and made my feet feel pretty safe.

Not sure if its just that the FA ones have more mesh spots on them than say one of the full suede models, but I kind of fucking hated them after a little... the boardfeel was great, the flick was great, but I busted my feet up constantly because of how under-protective they were . I could see loving these shoes if they were a little beefier, and even though this is extremely unlikely, if they made a hightop version I would probably grab a dozen pairs.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #42603 on: July 27, 2021, 09:11:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Not sure if its just that the FA ones have more mesh spots on them than say one of the full suede models, but I kind of fucking hated them after a little... the boardfeel was great, the flick was great, but I busted my feet up constantly because of how under-protective they were . I could see loving these shoes if they were a little beefier, and even though this is extremely unlikely, if they made a hightop version I would probably grab a dozen pairs.

My biggest gripe is the arch support. These shoes are mad flat and it made my feet hurt. Other than that they do skate great.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

pops

• Rep: 256
« Reply #42604 on: July 27, 2021, 09:15:22 PM »
Expand Quote

Does anyone know if the university blue/Carolina blue Crockett highs are still coming out? Or probably a casualty of Covid-19?

[close]
i need those tan and black ones so bad

Was about to say that as well. Such a good looks.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #42605 on: July 28, 2021, 03:38:53 PM »
Vans not focusing on producing and marketing the Crockett Highs more have to be one of the dumbest business moves they've made in awhile, which is saying something. Everyone I've ever encountered loves them and they fill a niche in the shoe market (simple hightop cupsole) that many other companies don't offer.

They better drop this colorway! Might be the best one yet.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #42606 on: July 28, 2021, 10:41:08 PM »
Vans not focusing on producing and marketing the Crockett Highs more have to be one of the dumbest business moves they've made in awhile, which is saying something. Everyone I've ever encountered loves them and they fill a niche in the shoe market (simple hightop cupsole) that many other companies don't offer.

They better drop this colorway! Might be the best one yet.

Saw those in a catalog a couple months back....so they should be, maybe for winter i think?

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #42607 on: July 29, 2021, 07:19:05 AM »
I know followers is a dumb metric to measure one’s value, but how the fuck do only 91,000 people want to follow one of the greatest skaters of the last decade? He’s had 3 pro models on one of the largest footwear manufacturers in the world, and is more productive than most of his peers. Are there people out there who aren’t fans of his?

FROTHY

« Reply #42608 on: July 29, 2021, 07:53:17 AM »
I know followers is a dumb metric to measure one’s value, but how the fuck do only 91,000 people want to follow one of the greatest skaters of the last decade? He’s had 3 pro models on one of the largest footwear manufacturers in the world, and is more productive than most of his peers. Are there people out there who aren’t fans of his?
The vast majority of the skateboarding world doesn't value spot/trick selection enough to make him a superstar. He also dressed like a depression-era mechanic for several years, and that probably threw some people off.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #42609 on: July 29, 2021, 08:12:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The vast majority of the skateboarding world doesn't value spot/trick selection enough to make him a superstar. He also dressed like a depression-era mechanic for several years, and that probably threw some people off.

Might be the perfect description of him.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42610 on: July 29, 2021, 09:24:44 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #42611 on: July 29, 2021, 09:37:40 AM »
Is that thing a tax write off? I’m genuinely curious why Vans is releasing such an abomination.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
« Reply #42612 on: July 29, 2021, 10:17:40 AM »
The gil hi top is a gem and shouldn't have to resort to gil promoting it all by himself while vans farts around and does shit like dumping marketing money into the wayvee. Hopefully once manufacturing recovers from covid gil gets the deserved marketing for his shoe.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 842
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #42613 on: July 29, 2021, 10:26:24 AM »
Is that thing a tax write off? I’m genuinely curious why Vans is releasing such an abomination.
Because it’s cool to dress like shit now

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #42614 on: July 29, 2021, 10:58:01 AM »
The gil hi top is a gem and shouldn't have to resort to gil promoting it all by himself while vans farts around and does shit like dumping marketing money into the wayvee. Hopefully once manufacturing recovers from covid gil gets the deserved marketing for his shoe.

vans spent the shoe’s marketing budget photoshopping his tattoos off that one pic
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #42615 on: July 29, 2021, 11:04:00 AM »

Saw someone on IG giving credit to Tyson Peterson for partial design cred, told me everything I needed to know
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42616 on: July 29, 2021, 11:30:37 AM »
i actually like them  :'(

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #42617 on: July 29, 2021, 11:56:36 AM »

Same. I don’t like that color above but the shoe itself is good. The Dime collabs looked great.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #42618 on: July 29, 2021, 12:09:28 PM »

yeah im fuckin with em. ya'll gotta cut vens some slack, a lot of the new shoes they come up with is ass but this shoe is not one of them

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #42619 on: July 29, 2021, 12:26:29 PM »
I think the shoe is quite cool… just wish it wasn’t so flat on the toebox area, but other than that I think it works well for a more “Techy” Vans.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #42620 on: July 29, 2021, 02:29:34 PM »

Upcoming spanky model, I wish they kept the og "Jordan1" toecap

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #42621 on: July 29, 2021, 02:32:06 PM »
Kind of a bummer on the changes they made. OG toe was much better.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #42622 on: July 29, 2021, 03:47:50 PM »
oof, those are walmart KSL-1s

edit: or "the KSLs at home" meme

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #42623 on: July 29, 2021, 04:11:38 PM »
disagree, the toe needed updating because the first one was so short and stubby it wouldnt look normal even with a jordan piece.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
« Reply #42624 on: July 29, 2021, 08:01:18 PM »
welp, fuck those. they just put the spanky stripes on a crap team model
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

pro club blanks

« Reply #42625 on: July 29, 2021, 09:05:57 PM »
Big pony vibes

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #42626 on: July 29, 2021, 09:17:00 PM »
Emerica version of the eS Contract

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #42627 on: July 30, 2021, 04:34:16 AM »
That colorway isn't for me but I think the shoe looks pretty solid

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #42628 on: July 30, 2021, 05:04:10 AM »
All the excitement I had for that shoe completely left my system after seeing that version.

I wonder if they changed it up cause they didn't want smoke from Nike after they started going after knockoffs.

This or nothing
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #42629 on: July 30, 2021, 05:30:06 AM »
New KSL's are obviously a totally different shoe than the original, so they should just release it as a new shoe and not try and say it's a reissue. If they just said that's a new model and didn't put the stripes on the side, that's just a nice simple cupsole with (I believe) that good pour-in G6 midsole.

I don't have any nostalgia for the original ones, so to me that's just a new cupsole that I'm interested to try. I like that sole, but I don't like the uppers on the shoes available with it currently.