Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8698725 times)

Bucketguy, GershonSweaty, Amocat and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45450 on: June 07, 2022, 02:34:12 PM »

i have these adv2. hate the insole. same as the suciu.
[/quote]

yea, those Suciu insoles were the worst.
hardly art, hardly starving

I Can't Think

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #45451 on: June 07, 2022, 09:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I hope they're keep the cupsole one in production, I have a pair and they skate so fucking good. I hate the stupid heel triangle thing but everything else is amazing
[close]

These look really good. Always want to support puig but his latest shoe is SJ ugly to me. These are way better
[close]
Are these def vulcs? They look like an update of his 3rd shoe which was a cup with some vulc foxing. Looking at the insole height I can imagine these being the same but with a full foxing tape wrap not just around the front. Also read somewhere (probably in this thread somewhere) the ones with the ∆ on the heel and hidden lacing weren't actually supposed to be his pro model he did have an update of his last shoe coming out but the ∆ ones were really popular so they just kept making them. Could be bs tho.

So long as they keep them in production. I honestly find these new models really boring, plus I hate metal eyelets. I totally understand the heel triangle being too much of a turn off for people though. If you don't have a colorway like the all black ones, the heel thing is super obvious and just looks bad. I appreciate all the other design stuff like hidden laces and the lowkey cupsole but the heel shit sucks lol

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #45452 on: June 07, 2022, 11:30:39 PM »
I haven't bought a pair as I stay away from Nike, Adidas, Cons, and NB brands, but Adidas is often my favorite of those four and I really like the heel on the Puig. I think it looks unique.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #45453 on: June 07, 2022, 11:48:26 PM »
Expand Quote

Prettiest adidases I’ve seen in a bit
[close]

it's a cool reference to the Samba Millennium

It’s not a new model.   First came out in blue/gum, but they’ve altered some of the materials

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #45454 on: June 08, 2022, 12:05:09 AM »
I haven't bought a pair as I stay away from Nike, Adidas, Cons, and NB brands, but Adidas is often my favorite of those four and I really like the heel on the Puig. I think it looks unique.

That's totally fair. I think I just don't like it cause my jeans half cover it so it looks even more awkward to me? Either way, I appreciate the shoe for offering much appreciated features you don't normally see in other skate shoes that are actually useful and not gimmicky

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #45455 on: June 08, 2022, 06:09:17 AM »
from AVE's stories, tag says "Low Cab"

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #45456 on: June 08, 2022, 06:23:50 AM »
Low cab? So a Rowan?

I’ll def buy a low cab in a normal black/white colorway. love the half cab but damn it’s too thick for the humid summers here.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 12:40:22 PM by Murge »

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #45457 on: June 08, 2022, 07:18:07 AM »

better not miss the opportunity to call it the quarter cab

doublesteveburger

« Reply #45458 on: June 08, 2022, 07:41:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

better not miss the opportunity to call it the quarter cab

or the BFF

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45459 on: June 08, 2022, 08:05:45 AM »

Re Low / Lo Cab shoes

I feel like these have come out here and there over the years.

The first versions I recall, which I still have a pair of from way back whenever around 2000 was a cupsole cream colour that never really fit that well, but in looking them up, they are something like this:

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m80630953402

Then another link came up from 2009 which is worth a look:

https://www.sneakerfiles.com/vans-low-cab-vulc-spring-2009/

Better pics in this one:

https://sneakernews.com/2009/04/21/vans-low-cab-croc-suede-blue-black-red/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #45460 on: June 08, 2022, 09:51:58 AM »
I remember those low cabs in 09. They looked like shit. The difference looks like they made the lace loops area more like the half cabs. Small detail but better difference

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #45461 on: June 08, 2022, 10:12:36 AM »
Funny thing is halfcabs are pretty much already low. It's like an optical illusion because of the L shape.
Weird I had those black white low cabs with the triangle in the sole (my personal favourite gen of vans pros) but don't remember them having the smaller waffle print. I do remember the stitching rubbing the shit out of my toes tho.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #45462 on: June 08, 2022, 10:13:01 AM »

Real question is what on earth is that Dylan / city sock combo monstrosity . Please don’t make that vans .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #45463 on: June 08, 2022, 10:14:40 AM »
Funny thing is halfcabs are pretty much already low. It's like an optical illusion because of the L shape.
Weird I had those black white low cabs with the triangle in the sole (my personal favourite gen of vans pros) but don't remember them having the smaller waffle print. I do remember the stitching rubbing the shit out of my toes tho.

Wait …. The triangle soles were your favorite? That was like peak shitty vans. Had half cabs with those soles and while I loved the half cabs that sole went bald so damn fast.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45464 on: June 08, 2022, 10:23:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait …. The triangle soles were your favorite? That was like peak shitty vans. Had half cabs with those soles and while I loved the half cabs that sole went bald so damn fast.
TNT 2s, chukka lows I liked the insoles and the foxing had like some hemp or something in it that lasted forever. As far as going bald yeah that would happen but I didn't like the Dunlop volley feeling Nike and fallen vulcs, Adidas sizing was a disaster and emerica, lakai etc were even worse. They'd literally wear a hole to your socks in half the time the vans even started to go bald.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2239
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45465 on: June 08, 2022, 01:11:03 PM »
I'd be fuckin hyped if they did these Lo Cabs:

Same sole as the Fairlanes, which is a very good cupsole.

eSK3

« Reply #45466 on: June 08, 2022, 04:42:58 PM »

THIS X 1000. Take my money.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #45467 on: June 08, 2022, 05:47:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Scott Kane lo cab

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #45468 on: June 08, 2022, 06:38:55 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #45469 on: June 08, 2022, 07:01:54 PM »
Hockey Video announcement??

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45470 on: June 08, 2022, 07:27:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's totally fair. I think I just don't like it cause my jeans half cover it so it looks even more awkward to me? Either way, I appreciate the shoe for offering much appreciated features you don't normally see in other skate shoes that are actually useful and not gimmicky

Oh yeah I totally get why people would dislike, I just think it's cool. I really love the Puig design and am still bummed I missed the first pink Palace drop.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45471 on: June 08, 2022, 07:29:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh yeah I totally get why people would dislike, I just think it's cool. I really love the Puig design and am still bummed I missed the first pink Palace drop.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Scott Kane lo cab

I wasn't going to mention this - didn't they do this and try to position it as a like a collaboration pro model Cab + Kane because it was the first time they had released a Lo Cab in like 10 years or some shit?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45472 on: June 08, 2022, 09:10:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Scott Kane lo cab
[close]

I wasn't going to mention this - didn't they do this and try to position it as a like a collaboration pro model Cab + Kane because it was the first time they had released a Lo Cab in like 10 years or some shit?

That is my very hazy recollection as well.
Instead of trying to find the correct information I just went to YT and watched his 411 part.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45473 on: June 08, 2022, 09:54:35 PM »

Re Low / Lo Cab shoes

The first versions I recall, which I still have a pair of from way back whenever around 2000 was a cupsole cream colour that never really fit that well, but in looking them up, they are something like this:

Better pics in this one:

this one was the Scott Kane version though, not the one that everyone at the pennywise show wore.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Wheelbitefred

• Rep: 11
« Reply #45474 on: June 09, 2022, 12:29:52 AM »
Expand Quote

Re Low / Lo Cab shoes

Better pics in this one:

[close]
this one was the Scott Kane version though, not the one that everyone at the pennywise show wore.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45475 on: June 09, 2022, 02:25:44 AM »
↑ exactly! The OG fairlane style cup one came out a lot earlier, I think I had a pair in 94-95 ish?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45476 on: June 09, 2022, 03:25:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
TNT 2s, chukka lows I liked the insoles and the foxing had like some hemp or something in it that lasted forever. As far as going bald yeah that would happen but I didn't like the Dunlop volley feeling Nike and fallen vulcs, Adidas sizing was a disaster and emerica, lakai etc were even worse. They'd literally wear a hole to your socks in half the time the vans even started to go bald.

That was an interesting time.

By interesting, I think I really mean terrible because things were so good, solid, stiff and long lasting, but they wanted a shoe someone could put on and skate right away, so what came out next was a waffle sole that was only half as thick as the previous versions and anything with that triangle that I ended up with didn't last long, if I even skated them at all - might have a box or two of that sort of shoe in my favourite TNT 2 Mid completely unskated, but I have used the insoles and still do to this day in all my other (usually classic version) Vans shoes that I convert to pro shoes.

The TNT 4 might have been the last of that sole, again an amazing looking shoe but the few pairs I bought, I either sold on or kept unskated.

That might have also been around the time that the usual mid brown gum got a whole lot softer and darker for the new pro versions, which was a small upgrade but they sure didn't last long either.

Those insoles were amazing though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45477 on: June 09, 2022, 05:12:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

That was an interesting time.

By interesting, I think I really mean terrible because things were so good, solid, stiff and long lasting, but they wanted a shoe someone could put on and skate right away, so what came out next was a waffle sole that was only half as thick as the previous versions and anything with that triangle that I ended up with didn't last long, if I even skated them at all - might have a box or two of that sort of shoe in my favourite TNT 2 Mid completely unskated, but I have used the insoles and still do to this day in all my other (usually classic version) Vans shoes that I convert to pro shoes.

The TNT 4 might have been the last of that sole, again an amazing looking shoe but the few pairs I bought, I either sold on or kept unskated.

That might have also been around the time that the usual mid brown gum got a whole lot softer and darker for the new pro versions, which was a small upgrade but they sure didn't last long either.

Those insoles were amazing though
Have a pair on TNT 2 insoles that I've maybe put 80000kms over the last 15 years into. They still feel better than any new vans insoles cushion wise I'm sure they must be made out of some gnarly chemical that will end up giving me foot cancer because there's no reason for everything else to be so crappy in comparison. Wish I kept all my insoles from this time I think the tnt2s were a little thicker than some others which makes them not so good for certain new shoes.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #45478 on: June 09, 2022, 05:53:00 AM »

Just got hit with a strong wave of grade school 90’s nostalgia seeing a shoe like that laced straight across like that

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45479 on: June 09, 2022, 09:08:44 AM »
Expand Quote

Re Low / Lo Cab shoes

Better pics in this one:

[close]

The Kane’s look even better. Damn. Well that cup on the ‘pennywise’ (so true) version looks fun.