Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664123 times)

chillclinton87, switchfrontnose and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #47400 on: January 20, 2023, 10:46:23 AM »
First of those vans Carroll reissues are out - looks like an army green/black sole to start

Link

Mosritemike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
« Reply #47401 on: January 20, 2023, 10:50:13 AM »

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47402 on: January 20, 2023, 11:36:27 AM »
https://birlingtheottawa.com/collections/shoes/products/vans-skate-mc-96-vcu-dark-olive

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First of those vans Carroll reissues are out - looks like an army green/black sole to start
[close]

Link
[close]
Blacked-out Skate Chukkas available from that shop too

doublesteveburger

« Reply #47403 on: January 20, 2023, 11:46:30 AM »
i feel defeated from being teased for so long that i don't even care anymore

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #47404 on: January 20, 2023, 01:12:31 PM »
Expand Quote
https://birlingtheottawa.com/collections/shoes/products/vans-skate-mc-96-vcu-dark-olive

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Link
[close]
[close]
Blacked-out Skate Chukkas available from that shop too

Want both of them - the chukka is much appreciated and the Carrol I coud never get back in the days - it’s only Canda - or US  or globally sold?

Mosritemike

• Rep: 9
« Reply #47405 on: January 20, 2023, 01:47:45 PM »
I feel like all releases just roll out at random
Shops/dates/times at this point (still can’t find the Es Pennys in Canada anywhere). I can’t imagine these won’t be global…probably sitting on loading docks right now

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #47406 on: January 20, 2023, 06:58:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i really hope everyone actually knows that its jupiter because he's from jupiter, FL.

but i really like thinking that it's a bunch of bacon.
[close]

There's no fucking way anyone can look at that and think it looks like Jupiter.
[close]
It looks more like Uranus

+1

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #47407 on: January 20, 2023, 09:21:09 PM »
I didn’t screen shot Kalis pulling the Truth samples out of his box because I figured “Hell, someone else will do it” and I didn’t want to be the guy to only post about DC all the time… but I’ll be damned if they aren’t on here…

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #47408 on: January 20, 2023, 09:43:30 PM »
I didn’t screen shot Kalis pulling the Truth samples out of his box because I figured “Hell, someone else will do it” and I didn’t want to be the guy to only post about DC all the time… but I’ll be damned if they aren’t on here…

Nice, the truth was the very first pair of DCs I ever owned. And maybe my second pair of skate shoes. I got them at Ross and they were a size too big.

I fucking loved them

eSK3

« Reply #47409 on: January 21, 2023, 02:38:18 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Link
[close]

Thanks for sharing!!! Patiently waiting for the white/black, enigma colorway and navy/white.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #47410 on: January 21, 2023, 01:46:49 PM »
Expand Quote
i really hope everyone actually knows that its jupiter because he's from jupiter, FL.

but i really like thinking that it's a bunch of bacon.
[close]

There's no fucking way anyone can look at that and think it looks like Jupiter.

Hah yeah my mental image of it I thought “yeah ok I see it” but then seeing the actual image again…hah!

Also, after seeing those brand new images of Jupiter, I just don’t see it as brown anymore

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #47411 on: January 21, 2023, 07:32:55 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Link
[close]
Got my hands on them and I can confirm that they are amazing in person. Definitely going to be trying to get my hands on more colorways whenever they roll out.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47412 on: January 21, 2023, 07:55:29 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Link
[close]
[close]
Got my hands on them and I can confirm that they are amazing in person. Definitely going to be trying to get my hands on more colorways whenever they roll out.

Well at least they’re out after so much back and forth on that.   Fingers crossed on that all gum pair

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #47413 on: January 21, 2023, 08:00:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Link
[close]
[close]
[close]

Well at least they’re out after so much back and forth on that.   Fingers crossed on that all gum pair
These ones have VCU (vans checkerboard union) in the name and on the hang tag, meaning they will only drop in certain skate shops. This isn’t an issue for me cuz i got one close by, but I’m pretty sure this is going to be the trend with these cuz I haven’t seen them in any regular vans skate catalogs yet.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 54
« Reply #47414 on: January 21, 2023, 11:23:05 PM »
Looking forward to getting the Pink Aloha Super's when they hit clearance. Still considering Kalis OG Butter Goods, but on the fence.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #47415 on: January 22, 2023, 06:58:52 AM »
Gotchu

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #47416 on: January 22, 2023, 06:04:14 PM »
the truth is waaay sicker than the kalis 1. like way sicker...had better colors too. this is amazing, i just hope there not 200 bux

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #47417 on: January 22, 2023, 10:26:59 PM »
my friend had a brand new pair of these that he got in like 04 and some tweeker douche jacked them within the last year

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #47418 on: January 23, 2023, 07:47:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think at this point I see Dime less as a skate brand and more as a second or third tier streetwear brand.
[close]

Can you tell me which brands are first and second tier street/skate wear brands? I am always looking for quality stuff.
[close]

https://www.domesticsclothing.com/

Who is the dude in your sig?? I seen a clip of him on IG last week. I'll never be able to find him if I don't ask.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #47419 on: January 23, 2023, 08:17:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think at this point I see Dime less as a skate brand and more as a second or third tier streetwear brand.
[close]

Can you tell me which brands are first and second tier street/skate wear brands? I am always looking for quality stuff.
[close]

[close]

Who is the dude in your sig?? I seen a clip of him on IG last week. I'll never be able to find him if I don't ask.

John Francomacaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf8xnAZFz0o

The clip in my sig is either from 917 2 or John's Vid, I think.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #47420 on: January 23, 2023, 09:40:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

John Francomacaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf8xnAZFz0o

The clip in my sig is either from 917 2 or John's Vid, I think.

Thanks!

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #47421 on: January 23, 2023, 10:07:32 AM »
i think franco sketches his style out for video parts because everytime i've seen him at tompkins he's fucking killing it. he was doing back lip kickflips out on the box perfectly for like 2 hours straight once. gotta love it

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #47422 on: January 23, 2023, 03:42:39 PM »
forgot all about domestics, think im bout to snag a hoodie

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47423 on: January 23, 2023, 05:23:10 PM »
the truth is waaay sicker than the kalis 1. like way sicker...had better colors too. this is amazing, i just hope there not 200 bux

Is this the standard opinion?   I definitely never thought so, but people seem stoked

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #47424 on: January 23, 2023, 05:31:02 PM »
DC rarely puts out a shoe over $100

A lot of their staples still msrop at $75, while soletech raise the price of theirs to $85

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47425 on: January 23, 2023, 07:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is this the standard opinion?   I definitely never thought so, but people seem stoked

Don't think it's standard. I thought the Truth was shit even when it came out.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47426 on: January 23, 2023, 08:05:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Don't think it's standard. I thought the Truth was shit even when it came out.

Ok good.   I was a huge Kalis head when the first ones came out and then those dropped and my enthusiasm flagged hard bc it just felt like a watered down version and the kind of shoes my friends who skated but didn’t really think about shoes wore

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #47427 on: January 24, 2023, 07:49:53 AM »

A lot of their staples still msrop at $75, while soletech raise the price of theirs to $85

DC also got bought out by quiksilver so they have the advantage of being part of a bigger corporate umbrella w more resources. sole tech has been under the same ownership since its inception so as a smaller company with less resources I would think raising prices is the only way for them to ensure the same profit margins as global economies get shittier and shittier. still can't believe accel ogs are going for $85+ now, I was so lucky when I got a pair for $35 off of depop a month ago

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #47428 on: January 24, 2023, 08:48:47 AM »
The legacy Slims were the first DC shoe I had skated since the Truth came out way back when. I’d be interested to try them just for nostalgia purposes. DC generally makes a quality cupsole
fuck you bama

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #47429 on: January 24, 2023, 02:48:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

DC also got bought out by quiksilver so they have the advantage of being part of a bigger corporate umbrella w more resources. sole tech has been under the same ownership since its inception so as a smaller company with less resources I would think raising prices is the only way for them to ensure the same profit margins as global economies get shittier and shittier. still can't believe accel ogs are going for $85+ now, I was so lucky when I got a pair for $35 off of depop a month ago

Not exactly how these things always work. Quik's majority owner is a publicly traded asset management firm. Sole's majority owner is still just Pierre. DC might have access to some resources connected to Quik's sc, but if Quik ever ends up in financial issues they're going to pull from the subsidiary wells to keep things afloat. And on the other side of that, while Sole Tech might be limited in some aspects like pricing volatility for their sc, they've got full autonomy to dump cash into R&D (STI Labs) to advance products like foam because they owe no regular dividends to investors.