Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 739066 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #4290 on: June 24, 2021, 02:10:29 PM »
I'm actually pretty pissed off. Its bullshit honestly. All that marketing... and what I get is
Audible Turn Technology

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #4291 on: June 24, 2021, 04:07:57 PM »
Expand Quote
I would say Aces definitely turn better. But let’s be real, Indys are more stable, especially when you start to add in speed.
[close]

I share this opinion.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

kenjiro

« Reply #4292 on: June 24, 2021, 07:46:17 PM »
How many of y’all are sticking with classics? How many of you are converted to AF-1?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #4293 on: June 24, 2021, 08:05:42 PM »
How many of y’all are sticking with classics? How many of you are converted to AF-1?

I'm still on the Classics. No plans to switch to AF1s anytime in the future. Why mess with a good thing?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #4294 on: June 24, 2021, 08:29:56 PM »
I’ve debated on going back to classics. But I’m pretty okay with staying with AF1s. Not worth the price though. So if you find them cheaper def cop. But not worth the price especially with how shotty some things are with bushings pivot cups washers etc.

I’m debating on putting Indy Ti hangers on ace classic baseplates  though. My legs just hurt so much from work I’m trying to like save them somehow when I skate. So I’m flirting with becoming a weight weenie

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #4295 on: June 25, 2021, 06:17:20 AM »
Finally I got to try AF1’s, for me they didn’t felt like ace anymore, not bad but not how I like my trucks. Also brand new trucks, 3rd session in and 2/4 axel nut kept popping of all the time, homie tossed those nuts put some old indy ones on and problem solved. I don’t get it why ace want to fuck up axel nuts again and again, never had any issues with them on until they did the .38 specials and now that?!?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #4296 on: June 25, 2021, 06:36:16 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm actually pretty pissed off. Its bullshit honestly. All that marketing... and what I get is
[close]
Audible Turn Technology
update: i switched out the top bushings for the stock top bushings from my 149's. the clicking is gone now and the turn feels much more like the turn on the Classics. no need for superglue lol. I'm totally not down to break in those hard ass Ace top bushings the AF1's come with.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #4297 on: June 25, 2021, 06:55:13 AM »
I switch between them both - I like the classics on 14.38 wb and af1s on 14.25.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #4298 on: June 25, 2021, 09:22:50 AM »
I would say Aces definitely turn better. But let’s be real, Indys are more stable, especially when you start to add in speed.

I would agree when comparing ACE classics and Indy Stage XI.

AF1s feel like they are targeted to Indy defectors (as noted previously in this thread) and to fix 'issues' that some had with the way ACE classics differ from every other truck on the market:

Regular sizing
Longer WB
Harder grind
Less Squirrly / More stable

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #4299 on: June 27, 2021, 05:10:09 AM »
set up some classic 33's stock today these fuckers feel stiff as
Tempted to put some bones mediums in them but could just fuck with me more

Any advice for this idiot. Do I push on thru and hope they start to turn, loosen them up
Or try some bones bushings?

I'd have to say indys forged titanium or just hollows with bones medium feels
Pretty perfect to me.  I thought I'd give Aces a try since I've been sitting on a set
For a while

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #4300 on: June 27, 2021, 06:02:40 AM »

Any advice for this idiot. Do I push on thru and hope they start to turn, loosen them up

Pretty perfect to me.  I thought I'd give Aces a try since I've been sitting on a set
For a while

It’s been said countless times in this thread, just break them in at factory tightness. After a few sessions they will be perfect.

I took this advice to heart with my first pair of classic 66s a month ago, and it’s all true. They really are perfect.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #4301 on: June 27, 2021, 06:43:19 AM »

For a while
Feel free to loosen them up; it’s the going tighter that I think you want to avoid, as the classics tend to herniate their top bushing beyond the lip of the top cup-washer when tightened up prior to being “broken in.” Loosening them does not contribute/add to this problem.
I left my classics stock for a few minutes, but wound up loosening they before I had them at the fully broken in phase. No issues to report.

I really love the turn on my Classic 55s. Getting used to the pop & grind may take a minute longer, but be patient… you’re likely going to love yours as well, given a few more sessions on them.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4302 on: June 30, 2021, 04:13:15 PM »
Untitled by , on Flickr
Spanky riding ace?

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #4303 on: June 30, 2021, 04:43:53 PM »
Untitled by , on Flickr
Spanky riding ace?

Just noticed that as well, pretty sure i saw curren with some on someone's story the other day too. The exodus continues.

I think with some of these guys they are probably just trying them out and who knows if they will stay on them, but interesting nonetheless

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #4304 on: June 30, 2021, 05:01:17 PM »

For a while

I wasn’t feeling my AF1 55s and caved and bought some classics 44s.  I forgot how stiff they are at first but by the end of my fourth session they started to turn like my old classics 55s.  Definitely worth the wait with the stock bushings.  Did loosen the nut on the kingpin to be completely flush (mine came with it tightened down and some threads showing).  The worse the bushings start to look, the better they are.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4305 on: June 30, 2021, 05:03:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by , on Flickr
Spanky riding ace?
[close]

Just noticed that as well, pretty sure i saw curren with some on someone's story the other day too. The exodus continues.

I think with some of these guys they are probably just trying them out and who knows if they will stay on them, but interesting nonetheless
No screenshot but jordan taylor also had some aces on in a story recently.

newspaperparty

« Reply #4306 on: June 30, 2021, 07:05:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Untitled by , on Flickr
Spanky riding ace?
[close]

[close]

Yeah I remember that one as well. One of the clips in his new part he had them too i think and then indy posted about the part which raised my eyebrow that he was cheating on them and they didn't even know

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #4307 on: June 30, 2021, 07:10:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I remember that one as well. One of the clips in his new part he had them too i think and then indy posted about the part which raised my eyebrow that he was cheating on them and they didn't even know

Grant definitely rides Aces and I was thinking Jordan may have been using Grant's board to get a couple clips after breaking his own. Maybe...

newspaperparty

« Reply #4308 on: June 30, 2021, 07:13:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Grant definitely rides Aces and I was thinking Jordan may have been using Grant's board to get a couple clips after breaking his own. Maybe...

Yeah i think that definitely could've been the case for that clip, but this latest clip of him on his story was for sure his board

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4309 on: July 01, 2021, 12:29:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah i think that definitely could've been the case for that clip, but this latest clip of him on his story was for sure his board

Ah, understood. A lot of that going around lately, Bobby DeKeyzer riding Aces on his story a few weeks back as well.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #4310 on: July 01, 2021, 09:54:59 PM »
Was finally able to destroy my classic 44s. Took a good while and breaking in some sharp ass curbs but I got the front truck broken. Shoutout to mbrimson88 for the advice on cutting the top bushing to get the kingpin nut down enough so it’ll hold and not grind down too much.

You can see the front truck bent and cracked before giving in. Back truck still has life left. Will kill that later on. Just got a new set of AF1 66s after grinding down the kingpin nut on my previous pair. I’ll now try to focus on something else than frontside slappies and grinding trucks in half. Maybe learn some new stuff instead.  :D

newspaperparty

« Reply #4311 on: July 01, 2021, 11:10:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ah, understood. A lot of that going around lately, Bobby DeKeyzer riding Aces on his story a few weeks back as well.

damn no way, i missed that. bobby d one of my favs. would love to see that

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4312 on: July 02, 2021, 02:44:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

A pal was good enough to screenshot it,
Untitled by , on Flickr
Shoes/gear section has made me have hawkeyes for trucks. BDK on aces.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4313 on: July 02, 2021, 02:56:08 AM »
Was finally able to destroy my classic 44s. Took a good while and breaking in some sharp ass curbs but I got the front truck broken. Shoutout to mbrimson88 for the advice on cutting the top bushing to get the kingpin nut down enough so it’ll hold and not grind down too much.

You can see the front truck bent and cracked before giving in. Back truck still has life left. Will kill that later on. Just got a new set of AF1 66s after grinding down the kingpin nut on my previous pair. I’ll now try to focus on something else than frontside slappies and grinding trucks in half. Maybe learn some new stuff instead.  :D

So rad!!!!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #4314 on: July 02, 2021, 05:46:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

A pal was good enough to screenshot it,
Expand Quote
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]

Love seeing stuff like this

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4315 on: July 02, 2021, 10:39:21 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ1S6zRtXkW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
This one is most likely someone else's board but Ace must be loving all this unofficial coverage of people with other truck sponsors using their trucks.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4316 on: July 02, 2021, 12:49:30 PM »
New account, but not made to just slam Ace, got locked out of my old one.

My AF1's got the dreaded click pretty quickly. I like the tool a lot actually, but lost the damn key. Also Ace is supposedly sending trucks to a ton of riders so I wouldn't think anything of it until you see them with footage from a major sponsor or on the team page.

anti-bolts

• Rep: -2
  • andy shitcock
« Reply #4317 on: July 03, 2021, 11:48:48 AM »
Untitled by , on Flickr

anybody know what shoes hes wearing in that? my aces got the clacking but i just got used to it and thankfully dont have the pivot cup problem others had

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #4318 on: July 03, 2021, 01:40:21 PM »
Ya I took out my AF1 77s for just the second time and started getting clicks. They’ve been otherwise great, and The size is perfect for my Heroin bigger egg.

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #4319 on: July 03, 2021, 11:22:38 PM »
Ya I took out my AF1 77s for just the second time and started getting clicks. They’ve been otherwise great, and The size is perfect for my Heroin bigger egg.

The click thing has come up in this thread so many times. Just take the top bushing washer off - problem solved!