Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747290 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #1290 on: June 08, 2019, 06:08:17 PM »
When I first changed over to thunders I did so on a board with 14.75 wheelbase and while it was fun as fuck to cruise on, my timing/ pop/ flick turned to absolute shit!
Now I’m on Chico’s board on aces and while
I could probably go up to 14.25, I think I’ve found my sweet spot

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Italianshredder96

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1291 on: June 10, 2019, 12:41:50 PM »
After deciding I want a symmetrical shaped deck, I'm tired to always wonder about wb, so I've pulled the trigger. I got ace 44 v3 incoming these days. I'm hyped and for the first time I'm gonna leave them stock.

Powerlesspillars

« Reply #1292 on: June 10, 2019, 12:54:11 PM »
I like mine on 14.5 wb's ^

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1293 on: June 12, 2019, 11:39:02 PM »
Browsing insta and I came across this:

So, it probably might happen.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1294 on: June 12, 2019, 11:48:00 PM »
Honestly I hope they keep the 44s tho, allows you to ride anything from a 8.25 - 8.75 without having to buy new trucks

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1295 on: June 13, 2019, 12:20:28 AM »
Also a lot of people love Ace because it is very different from everything else and it makes you feel that you don't follow the herd. It's like being a Apple user in the 90es.
So if they stop the 44s and 55s sizes to join the classical 8, 8.25, 8.5, 8.75, I'm not sure it's a wise strategic move.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1296 on: June 13, 2019, 02:06:51 AM »
I mainly ride 8.38” decks and I think I’d prefer a 8.5” truck or even a 8.625”, maybe even 8.75” cuz 8.5” decks are cool too.

Aces having more axle sticking out than other trucks makes them a bit more versatile I guess. Can push the wheels out a bit with extra washers. 🤔

Anyway, I have 4 sets of 44s to go through before I need new trucks, so I don’t think I’ll be buying the 8.5” Aces straight away at least unless I suddenly start to absolutely wreck trucks.  :)

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #1297 on: June 13, 2019, 08:17:00 AM »
A size between 44 and 55 is very wise. If they make an 8.75 or even an 8 5/8", many people will be happy. I'm guessing it will be 8.75"

I hope Fred Gall starts riding Ace in 2020.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #1298 on: June 14, 2019, 10:20:10 AM »
Honestly I hope they keep the 44s tho, allows you to ride anything from a 8.25 - 8.75 without having to buy new trucks

I’m just going to stockpile some 44s jic

Dustwardprez

« Reply #1299 on: June 14, 2019, 10:21:30 AM »
Also some v2 came with axle nuts

Italianshredder96

« Reply #1300 on: June 16, 2019, 07:15:18 AM »
After only 20 minutes of riding my bushings exploded...I'm just above 70kg, has this happened to everyone? Gotta buy something harder...

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1301 on: June 16, 2019, 08:45:17 AM »
After only 20 minutes of riding my bushings exploded...I'm just above 70kg, has this happened to everyone? Gotta buy something harder...

By exploded to you mean popped out from the side of the washers?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1302 on: June 16, 2019, 08:56:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha. True true. Loosen your shit up.

Italianshredder96

« Reply #1303 on: June 16, 2019, 02:05:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They broke in half...I didn't touch them, left them stock.

I AM

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1304 on: June 16, 2019, 03:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

They broke in half...I didn't touch them, left them stock.
pics or it didn't happen

Powerlesspillars

« Reply #1305 on: June 16, 2019, 03:21:56 PM »
Post about ordering new bushings
Post when you order them
Post when you receive them in the mail
Post when you put them in
Post when you stand on them
Post after your first day using them

Italianshredder96

« Reply #1306 on: June 16, 2019, 03:27:28 PM »
Intense...I must admit the only squashed out and made a cut. Must buy some new bushings anyways, too soft.

m477

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1307 on: June 16, 2019, 06:35:38 PM »
I bought some 55s last month and agree the new bushings are very soft. Significantly softer than 44s from over a year ago. While I didn’t slice mine, tightening nor loosening didn’t make much difference at all when reaching wheelbite and kept getting unseated from the washer. Indy/bones hard bushings worked much better for me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1308 on: June 16, 2019, 06:41:48 PM »
Happened to me on my first session on the new 44s, they harden up though

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1309 on: June 16, 2019, 10:20:03 PM »
I agree that they come too tight from the factory. Mine had the nuts 2mm under the kingpin end, and it was making an annoying squeaking noise, suggesting that there was too much stress on the bushings. I removed the nuts and tightened them just enough so that the steel cup will not move up and down when I turn. Basically it corresponds to the nuts a little bit higher than the kingpin end. It was nice, but after a couple of sessions the bushings got harder, so I had to adjust about 1/2 turn left on the nuts to get back that nice loose feeling. Since that time, I have the same constant feeling session after session, which I truly appreciate.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #1310 on: June 17, 2019, 07:02:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mine popped out from the bottom washer before I made it out of the garage. Had to replace them to skate the first session

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1311 on: June 17, 2019, 07:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Mine popped out from the bottom washer before I made it out of the garage. Had to replace them to skate the first session

A lot of people have this problem apparently. Never happened on my Ace. It did happen when I used them on my Krux with the Krux washers, but it fixed itself when I used the Ace washers. I wonder if you could sand or razor off the edges so they have a bevel or something? If you could find larger washers I'm sure it would work, but what a pain. Damn shame.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1312 on: June 17, 2019, 09:58:25 AM »
Or you could just....skate them.
It sucks they broke, that IS wack. My bad for assuming you’d just cranked them down. I loosened mine when I got them and just cruised around till they broke in.
Old trucks with crumbly bushings can be lovely. You have a head start.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1313 on: June 17, 2019, 12:38:34 PM »
Happened to me on my first session on the new 44s, they harden up though
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1314 on: June 17, 2019, 08:59:27 PM »
I'm using Indy washers in my Aces. The Ace washers are too thick and too small. Indy washers are wider and slimmer. Works much better IMO.

Ended up doing this by chance at first as the guy who sold me my first pair of Aces didn't include the stock bushings or washers and I couldn't find Ace washers anywhere but could buy the bushings. Then later on when I got a new pair of Aces I noticed the washers being kinda shit so I just changed them out to some spare Indy washers I had around.

I AM

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1315 on: June 17, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »
I'm using Indy washers in my Aces. The Ace washers are too thick and too small. Indy washers are wider and slimmer. Works much better IMO.

Ended up doing this by chance at first as the guy who sold me my first pair of Aces didn't include the stock bushings or washers and I couldn't find Ace washers anywhere but could buy the bushings. Then later on when I got a new pair of Aces I noticed the washers being kinda shit so I just changed them out to some spare Indy washers I had around.
stock indy washers? also, aftermarket ace bushings actually come with washers. the old ace washers (v1 v2) don't seem to have this problem, so i swapped the new top washer with the old one and it's really good. as for the bottom washers, never really had any problems with them. if you do, just loosen your trucks and make sure you have the rounded edge of the bushing facing the washer, seems to fit better that way.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1316 on: June 18, 2019, 03:06:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
stock indy washers? also, aftermarket ace bushings actually come with washers. the old ace washers (v1 v2) don't seem to have this problem, so i swapped the new top washer with the old one and it's really good. as for the bottom washers, never really had any problems with them. if you do, just loosen your trucks and make sure you have the rounded edge of the bushing facing the washer, seems to fit better that way.

Stock or the ones that come with the cylinder  bushings. The washers that come with conical bushings are too small.

Back when I bought my Ace replacement bushings they didn’t come with washers. All the same though as I really don’t like the Ace washers.

I think I have a mix of Ace trucks V1, V2 & V3. Not much of a difference in them IMO except the set I’ve skated the least (probably V2 with the stupid axle nuts) still have the stock washers and bushings and they aren’t nearly as loose as the two sets of what I think are V3 with stock bushings and Indy washers and the two sets which I think are V1 with 3+ year old replacement bushings and Indy washers.

Breaking in the replacement bushings was quite a chore. Breaking in the trucks I think are V3s wasn’t nearly as bad but breaking in the V2s with the stupid axle nuts has been really fucking difficult at least with the stock washers. Not sure how much changing to thinner washers would help.

I keep all my trucks as loose as possible with the nut still keeping on without trouble.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1317 on: June 18, 2019, 04:00:52 AM »
 It would be great if somebody from Ace could share some chart regarding their versions.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1318 on: June 18, 2019, 05:23:47 AM »
Anybody tried 8.5 on 55?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1319 on: June 18, 2019, 08:48:06 AM »
I think a lot of folks do the 55 on 8.5. Looks sick. Because wide trucks look cool. And ace look cool.

Anyone skate 33’s? Right when ace came out I had some, loved em. I’ve got 44s now. I know some people put em on the 8”....any reports on how this works for the kickflips?

Where is the AO confirmations? He skates them or nah?

I do really enjoy ace. I like that they are very different in their turn. I’m not sure it equates to me skating ‘better’ (at this point skating better means being able to land about 3 tricks: kickflip, switchflip, 3flip), but pushing around is fun. It’s a lot of wiggling tho. Concerned about too much extra sauce. Much like this post.