Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747533 times)

Juanjo789

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #2370 on: July 01, 2020, 04:35:52 PM »
I figured out that the reason why my trucks were crooked was due to the stock bottom bushing, not the pivot cup as I initially thought
tried bones and they rebound  so I think im gonna stay with that until I go crazy again

toyo980

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
« Reply #2371 on: July 01, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
or they could just be dirty stock bushings lol
[close]

Yeah both of my sets of Ace bushings look pretty much like that.
[close]

Probably just dirty. He likes his trucks stupid loose.
I've seen his trucks wobble in video parts but He only removes the bottom washee and theres kingpin sticking out, he maybe sands em down?

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2372 on: July 03, 2020, 11:21:49 AM »
After trying out thunder for a bit, I put on my aces again and they feel like home. I guess I needed to try something different to realize what I like.

Now, the only problem is that 44s are impossible to find right now at the shops near me. I’m almost at the axle of my old ones.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2373 on: July 03, 2020, 11:27:41 AM »

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2374 on: July 03, 2020, 11:43:03 AM »
After trying out thunder for a bit, I put on my aces again and they feel like home. I guess I needed to try something different to realize what I like.

Now, the only problem is that 44s are impossible to find right now at the shops near me. I’m almost at the axle of my old ones.
I got some here earlier this week. Looks like they have some left.
https://3rdlair.com/collections/trucks/products/ace-classic-polished-trucks?variant=31523313090631
No.

KushBush

« Reply #2375 on: July 03, 2020, 11:50:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
https://3rdlair.com/collections/trucks/products/ace-classic-polished-trucks?variant=31523313090631

Thanks man! But I forgot to specify I am in Canada so the shipping might be a little too high.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2376 on: July 03, 2020, 06:25:08 PM »
https://instagram.com/stories/thecornerstoreskateshop/2344786060201217759?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1mq3g1x79pslh

Ace hangers curved. Spoken on before with the uneven wheels touching ground

Damn, they still don't have their shit together. Now, that shit WILL grind out if it isn't the axle (somehow) causing that shit.

Also, Dogtown production slowing down Quasi? That sucks.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2377 on: July 04, 2020, 01:19:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Thanks man! But I forgot to specify I am in Canada so the shipping might be a little too high.

https://ninetimesskateshop.com/collections/trucks/products/ace-trucks-44-black

These ones are in Canada

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #2378 on: July 04, 2020, 03:04:50 AM »
what’s an easy way to check if my axles are bent? my bearings keep acting weird on my 44s, but seem fine on my ATGs
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2379 on: July 04, 2020, 04:04:51 AM »
what’s an easy way to check if my axles are bent? my bearings keep acting weird on my 44s, but seem fine on my ATGs

Take your trucks off the board, and take one wheel off of each truck.

Put a free wheel on a flat table, then put the wheel connected to the truck on top of the free wheel, so they are stacked.

Spin the truck, and see how much the axle wobbles.

A racing longboard designer  showed me this technique, as downhill trucks need really, really straight axles for those high speeds.

The longboard guy told me that with most regular trucks as the aluminum cools around the axle, it warps a bit. It’s unavoidable, so most trucks will have a bit of wobble. But watch out for big wobbles.

It’s a good little trick to try before buying trucks.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Slayer666

• Rep: -30
« Reply #2380 on: July 04, 2020, 07:14:47 AM »
ace trucks this Ace trucks that Wont you shut up about it already

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2381 on: July 04, 2020, 08:49:05 AM »
Thinking about trying a pair of Ace's for my cruiser I'm setting up.
Anyone's thoughts on 44's or 55's for an 8.88 shaped deck? (Anti Hero Brown Bomber)

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2382 on: July 04, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »
44s

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2383 on: July 04, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »
Anyone's thoughts on 44's or 55's for an 8.88 shaped deck? (Anti Hero Brown Bomber)

If it's wider than 8.5 where the trucks sit then use 55s

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #2384 on: July 04, 2020, 11:04:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Take your trucks off the board, and take one wheel off of each truck.

Put a free wheel on a flat table, then put the wheel connected to the truck on top of the free wheel, so they are stacked.

Spin the truck, and see how much the axle wobbles.

A racing longboard designer  showed me this technique, as downhill trucks need really, really straight axles for those high speeds.

The longboard guy told me that with most regular trucks as the aluminum cools around the axle, it warps a bit. It’s unavoidable, so most trucks will have a bit of wobble. But watch out for big wobbles.

It’s a good little trick to try before buying trucks.

that’s really neat, appreciate the advice bro

edit: yup... they bent, front one mainly.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 11:48:41 AM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2385 on: July 04, 2020, 11:33:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If it's wider than 8.5 where the trucks sit then use 55s
Agreed, skating an 8.5 on 44's has a little bit of the magic carpet feeling, so I'd imagine bigger would be worse.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2386 on: July 05, 2020, 06:58:37 AM »
44s on the brown bomber are great, especially if you're using a wider wheel. A couple people have posted that combo in the setup thread if you go back a bit.

That board has some pretty heavy taper over the trucks and 55s hotrod pretty heavily.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2387 on: July 05, 2020, 07:22:22 AM »

That’s a bomber with 55’s and 56mm slimeballs (but the slimebombs one which are a little narrower than the mini vomits and 99a)

Doesn’t really hot rod at all imo. It’s been a really fun combo for curbs and transition

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2388 on: July 05, 2020, 08:01:24 AM »
I remember you posting that and thinking it looked really good. Here is mine set up with 44s and 56mm keyframes.

So I guess the moral of the story is either works.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2389 on: July 05, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »
Another BB but with 151s. I much preferred it with 44s. 55s were way too big for my taste due to the way the board tapers.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2390 on: July 05, 2020, 10:27:55 AM »

That’s a bomber with 55’s and 56mm slimeballs (but the slimebombs one which are a little narrower than the mini vomits and 99a)

Doesn’t really hot rod at all imo. It’s been a really fun combo for curbs and transition

Not trying to @you, specifically

I’ve noticed that the pic shot from above is fairly misleading, often.
 The bb is 8.8 at its widest point, I think, and narrower still at the trucks.
Wheelbite marks are usually a little more helpful, to me, or better yet, measurements at the bolts.

I’ve set up 8s on 149s and the pic doesn’t look that wild. And it still rolls. And it can be fun for sure.
I’m not sure what the advantages are tho. Yes wider hanger space for more grindz. Sure. But if you are missing the ledge with a truck over 8” wide then.....
Wider turns slower.

Anyways, carry on

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2391 on: July 05, 2020, 12:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wheelbite marks are usually a little more helpful, to me, or better yet, measurements at the bolts.

I’ve set up 8s on 149s and the pic doesn’t look that wild. And it still rolls. And it can be fun for sure.
I’m not sure what the advantages are tho. Yes wider hanger space for more grindz. Sure. But if you are missing the ledge with a truck over 8” wide then.....
Wider turns slower.

Anyways, carry on

FWIW here’s some used pics and a tape over the truck holes..... ( not taking it personally!)

Wider is slower but 14.25 web and aces balances that.

You can’t see the wheels stood straight over. You can “just” see the nuts. When skating you can see both toe side wheels a tiny bit. It’s all preference anyway isn’t it. I skate a lot of transition so a bit of stability helps and I grew up skating 10” wide boards in the eighties so i found it weirder adjusting to 8” and 139’s back in the late 90’s than I have to 55’s since I started skating again

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2392 on: July 05, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Wider turns slower.

Anyways, carry on
[close]

FWIW here’s some used pics and a tape over the truck holes..... ( not taking it personally!)

Wider is slower but 14.25 web and aces balances that.

You can’t see the wheels stood straight over. You can “just” see the nuts. When skating you can see both toe side wheels a tiny bit. It’s all preference anyway isn’t it. I skate a lot of transition so a bit of stability helps and I grew up skating 10” wide boards in the eighties so i found it weirder adjusting to 8” and 139’s back in the late 90’s than I have to 55’s since I started skating again

True true

toyo980

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2393 on: July 06, 2020, 09:19:43 PM »
In  your opinion Which truck is more stable Indy or Ace.
Curious about this.

KushBush

« Reply #2394 on: July 07, 2020, 09:13:26 AM »
In  your opinion Which truck is more stable Indy or Ace.
Curious about this.

For me personally, I find aces more stable than indys. For example, I had my Indys at around the same looseness as my aces but, when I would roll up to say, a ledge I would feel unstable. Aces are great for me because the turn is amazing and it’s still stable when riding up to obstacles.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2395 on: July 07, 2020, 10:07:39 AM »
Out of the box I’d say aces are more stable of the 2 but both broken in I think cast Indys are more stable personally.

Forged hollow 159s was always too squirrely and loose for me, no matter the tightness or bushings, couldn’t get comfy like with regular cast Indys.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2396 on: July 07, 2020, 10:09:02 AM »
I find Ace get more stable with speed. its strange but where indy's might wobble, Ace feel more secure... might be perceived not really.

Juanjo789

« Reply #2397 on: July 07, 2020, 11:37:54 AM »
ACE 44s are def more stable than indy 149
I'm wondering if 44s are more stable than a bigger indy truck say a 159

Juanjo789

« Reply #2398 on: July 07, 2020, 08:11:18 PM »

Oski's Board

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2399 on: July 07, 2020, 09:00:09 PM »

Oski's Board

So is that a hollow kingpin model? What’s he normally ride, 44s? Wonder if he did this hisself.....

To your question above: I think of 159s as good to great trucks, and fairly stable. The wider the truck, the slower the turn, and a more stable feeling, broadstrokes. Some folks on here rate ace more stable than Indy. I love the ace turn, think it’s the best turn, wouldn’t call ace more stable tho. Not sure if any of this conveys what I’m attempting to say