Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747536 times)

Juanjo789

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #2400 on: July 07, 2020, 09:42:56 PM »
Expand Quote

Oski's Board
[close]

So is that a hollow kingpin model? What’s he normally ride, 44s? Wonder if he did this hisself.....

To your question above: I think of 159s as good to great trucks, and fairly stable. The wider the truck, the slower the turn, and a more stable feeling, broadstrokes. Some folks on here rate ace more stable than Indy. I love the ace turn, think it’s the best turn, wouldn’t call ace more stable tho. Not sure if any of this conveys what I’m attempting to say
I asked him a while back how he rode his trucks. This is the new Ace model he told me not to post it but he has posted photos showing the Hollow kingpin so I guess no harm done :)

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2401 on: July 08, 2020, 09:05:12 AM »
I can't wait for those new Ace's. I am down to axle on my third set of 44s. Then, I have some Stage 8 Indy 146s which should last me until Ace get this shit going...

Juanjo789

« Reply #2402 on: July 08, 2020, 04:55:01 PM »
I can't wait for those new Ace's. I am down to axle on my third set of 44s. Then, I have some Stage 8 Indy 146s which should last me until Ace get this shit going...
An 8.75 ace truck with hollow kingpin would be saucy

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2403 on: July 08, 2020, 07:35:56 PM »
Indeed it would but I will just be happy with 8.5" and 8.75" axle options...

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2404 on: July 08, 2020, 07:40:49 PM »

These look so shiny!

Really hoping we'll get hollow axles as well.

Diocletian

« Reply #2405 on: July 10, 2020, 01:21:05 PM »
Cool to see the brown bombers paired with Ace’s. I’m on the same with 44’s and 60mm wheels it’s perfect.

Juanjo789

« Reply #2406 on: July 12, 2020, 02:49:49 PM »

As a follow up of the ronnie pics I posted I while back I found this one, seems like a lot of kingpin sticking out and a conical bottom bushings, I'm intrigued as shit, if anyone has any ideas please share. A my indys type series on the ace channel would be very nice to pass the quarantine.

Diocletian

« Reply #2407 on: July 12, 2020, 04:19:00 PM »
Looks like some black bones bushings with no bottom washer. You gotta crank down that nut far with bones if you omit any washers.

Juanjo789

« Reply #2408 on: July 12, 2020, 04:39:19 PM »
Looks like some black bones bushings with no bottom washer. You gotta crank down that nut far with bones if you omit any washers.
I think its a bones top and ace stock top on the bottom

toyo980

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
« Reply #2409 on: July 13, 2020, 11:40:30 AM »
 :o
Is there a way to use bones bushings without changing the ace geometry

Leonarfd

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2410 on: July 14, 2020, 10:17:25 AM »
Any of you ride big vert ramps(4m ++) with Ace trucks? Indy works cranked down to not get speed wobbles, guessing its the same with Ace.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2411 on: July 14, 2020, 04:05:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly I don't think it matters all that much?  My broken in Bones are the same height as broken in ACE bottoms, if you use a flat/regs bottom washer, you're fine.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 05:32:23 PM by Xen »

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #2412 on: July 14, 2020, 04:13:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Keep the washer. Bones are only .02" taller.  That's less than the difference of 1/2 turn of the kingpin nut.

Or run the Bones Washer on the bottom.

Ace (white out of a 66) : .53" tall
Bones (black hard) : .55"

Mini Logo (Soft Green) : .53"
Thunder (red 90a aftermarket) : .55"
Indy (blue 92a conical) : .545"

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2413 on: July 14, 2020, 07:33:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Keep the washer. Bones are only .02" taller.  That's less than the difference of 1/2 turn of the kingpin nut.

Or run the Bones Washer on the bottom.

Bones Soft Left | ACE Bottoms (newer rev) right

Just run the bones washer on the bottom or use a small top washer under the bones and you'll be fine.

Or, be like Brad and fuck the bottom washer and run it on top.

Diocletian

« Reply #2414 on: July 15, 2020, 07:55:41 AM »
Bones bushings using the flat Bones washers for top and bottom is the way to go when you use Bones in Ace’s

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #2415 on: July 15, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »
Currently struggling with my Ventures, coming from Indys some time ago. So I scored a pair of Ace 44s for cheap and wondering if there is any difference in the older and newer "versions" of them or a way to tell which ones they are. The shop couldnt tell me how old they were and they are just raw trucks.
It's gonna be some two weeks before I can set the 44s up, since I'm giving my 5.6s some more time.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2416 on: July 15, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »
Bones bushings using the flat Bones washers for top and bottom is the way to go when you use Bones in Ace’s

Agreed. Same for Theeves - both trucks have seemingly longer than average Kingpins.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2417 on: July 19, 2020, 09:16:42 PM »
Just took the bottom washers off after hearing it from a few people. Soooo much surfier and deeper turns, without compromising stability. Thank god for wheel wells though.

toyo980

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2418 on: July 20, 2020, 04:34:13 PM »
Just took the bottom washers off after hearing it from a few people. Soooo much surfier and deeper turns, without compromising stability. Thank god for wheel wells though.
Is there difference between removing the top or the bottom washer?  I skated for a while without the top washer and the stock bushings with the  bottom washer but it started feeling kinda mushy, once I swapped the top bushing for a bones med it feels normal again
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:49:09 PM by toyo980 »

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2419 on: July 20, 2020, 06:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is there difference between removing the top or the bottom washer?  I skated for a while without the top washer and the stock bushings with the  bottom washer but it started feeling kinda mushy, once I swapped the top bushing for a bones med it feels normal again

I tried no top, but lost all of my stability (which was pretty fun to be honest). Without bottoms, it let me get a deeper turn but I could still control it. Though it’ll likely shorten the life of my bottom bushings, I have plenty spare though.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #2420 on: August 02, 2020, 05:24:55 PM »
Anyone with any experiences with Ace lows? Been skating smaller board lately and would love to have lower truck but never heard anything about them. Any good compared to Venture lows or Thunder forged?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2421 on: August 02, 2020, 05:42:16 PM »
Anyone with any experiences with Ace lows? Been skating smaller board lately and would love to have lower truck but never heard anything about them. Any good compared to Venture lows or Thunder forged?

I skated them ages ago (with Bones hard bushings of all things) and they were great.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #2422 on: August 02, 2020, 10:39:59 PM »
I’ve been skating lows for a couple months now. They’re good. I did very little tinkering with them to get them right. I’m on the heavier side, skate my trucks loose, and do mostly grinds and flip tricks. My front pivot cup seems to be virtually non-existent and 360 flips are weird now. Oddly enough I relearned saw 360 flips, so it might not be the trucks changing the wheelbase throwing me off. I bet frontside 50’s on pool coping and carving the shallow end of a backyard pool would be great with these, but due to the coronavirus I’m not going to skateparks or driving to meet up with friends in Ventura to skate pools ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fuck you bama

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #2423 on: August 02, 2020, 11:25:32 PM »
Thanks for answers, so hard to find any info about them. Gonna try em out!

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2424 on: August 04, 2020, 01:22:28 PM »
I heard lots about how non-stock bushings can get torn apart in Aces, but it never happened to me in the past year or so of skating Aces.  Then, in one session, they went from all-good to this

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #2425 on: August 04, 2020, 01:49:06 PM »

A random guy I skated with in a parking lot claimed to be pals with the Ace people and said that the new version was going to have a more durable aluminum. This was before they were available, when Ace were in short supply, but now they're back, so if that's the case, they certainly haven't been advertising it
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2426 on: August 04, 2020, 05:56:07 PM »
It been discussed but some of us have already felt up the prototypes with the new metal and other tweaks. Hopefully those are still on the way at some point.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2427 on: August 05, 2020, 04:09:38 AM »
I heard lots about how non-stock bushings can get torn apart in Aces, but it never happened to me in the past year or so of skating Aces.  Then, in one session, they went from all-good to this

Does this happen to mediums too or soft only? Bones softs always break for me, and I weigh 150 pounds.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #2428 on: August 05, 2020, 10:51:36 PM »
It been discussed but some of us have already felt up the prototypes with the new metal and other tweaks. Hopefully those are still on the way at some point.

I was told resizing wouldn’t happen until next year. I’m pretty hyped on the 8.5s actually, but still trying grab some 44s before then.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2429 on: August 05, 2020, 10:57:55 PM »
Probably going to regret this but what's up with these trucks. I love Ventures, like Thunder and dislike Indys. I know these trucks suck the WB in more than Indys so they give a very light pop. Thinking of trying either the Ace 03 or the 44, either for a regular street deck or to get myself to learn to carve a bowl instead of tic tacking like an idiot 1/2 way up the tranny.

What can I expect and what boards & dims would pair well with Ace? I usually ride 8-8.125 boards, 8.25 if I'm feeling risky.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m