Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747402 times)

Slugboi22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 67
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #3150 on: March 21, 2021, 10:25:07 AM »
i ride a 8.25 with venture 5.6 and an 8.38 with 149s, but i'm trying to consolidate to one set up and i'm thinking about going ACE. would 44s be good for an 8.25 and not stick out? i feel like this question has been answered before but, i was just curious.
I would definitely go with 44s. I’ve done it before and if i remember correctly it was totally fine. nice and stable.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3151 on: March 21, 2021, 10:43:20 AM »
Expand Quote
def cop. been meaning to step down to 8.25 - 8.125 and axle rethreader is a good choice, cant see how it can come off gimmicky.
[close]

Including a standalone retheader is indeed pretty cool of them. I think people were chirping on the "self rethreading axle nuts," which sounds like another go at the 38 specials they did a few years ago.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #3152 on: March 21, 2021, 09:35:30 PM »
Closeup of the AF1 55:

Metal and finish look different then the current Version.

The difference is that they’re using better, higher quality moulds. The previous one were sand cast, which is the cheap way
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #3153 on: March 22, 2021, 09:06:29 AM »
I just got home from my local, I didn’t see any 03’s on new catalog. Did they stop making those? Also they have both versions available to order, AF1’s and classics... Can’t wait to see those AF1’s live.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

antarctica

• Rep: 21
  • why
« Reply #3154 on: March 22, 2021, 05:59:03 PM »
I just got home from my local, I didn’t see any 03’s on new catalog. Did they stop making those? Also they have both versions available to order, AF1’s and classics... Can’t wait to see those AF1’s live.

Anyway you could post a pic of the new AF1 sizes straight out the catalog? Or just make a post with the official new truck sizes? Really curious if theyre putting out an 8.75 truck along with the obvious 8.5 one coming out.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3155 on: March 22, 2021, 06:01:36 PM »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3156 on: March 22, 2021, 06:38:35 PM »

Looks super good. The 66 AF1s are supposed to be the 8.75", yeah?

antarctica

• why
« Reply #3157 on: March 22, 2021, 07:20:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I thought so too but that pic makes them looks bigger than I thought, might just be the angle making them look extra wide though.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3158 on: March 22, 2021, 07:40:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I thought so too but that pic makes them looks bigger than I thought, might just be the angle making them look extra wide though.

If you zoom in on the pic, it looks like 9.0 is engraved on the axle

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3159 on: March 22, 2021, 07:42:21 PM »

That hanger wing taper is sexy as fuck.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #3160 on: March 22, 2021, 08:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyway you could post a pic of the new AF1 sizes straight out the catalog? Or just make a post with the official new truck sizes? Really curious if theyre putting out an 8.75 truck along with the obvious 8.5 one coming out.
Sorry man, I didn’t get any pics 😕 I can ask to see that catalog again next time I’m going there, but I’m sure plenty of people here should have access to it too...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #3161 on: March 22, 2021, 09:36:02 PM »
I just replaced my ventures (fuck venture) with Ace 44’s on a FA 8.5. I can tell the board overlaps slightly but am going to roll with it. Not that anyone here needs it but I’ll give a “review” about my experience, switching from Venture to Ace.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #3162 on: March 22, 2021, 09:42:17 PM »
I just replaced my ventures (fuck venture) with Ace 44’s on a FA 8.5. I can tell the board overlaps slightly but am going to roll with it. Not that anyone here needs it but I’ll give a “review” about my experience, switching from Venture to Ace.

Hope you'll enjoy them as much as I like mine! I ride 44s on 8.5 most of the time, and they are perfect with 3 washers inside of each wheel tbh. Pushes the wheels out just enough.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #3163 on: March 22, 2021, 10:11:03 PM »

I'm curious why you hate Ventures? I switched from Aces to Ventures (the axle bent on my Aces) and so far I like them.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3164 on: March 23, 2021, 05:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I see it, keen eye! Gnarred. So maybe there still isn't going to be an 8.75"?

IpathCats

« Reply #3165 on: March 23, 2021, 06:08:08 AM »

Settled my madness recently, in doing so I went from venture 5.6 hollows to ace 44 at one point. Weird how my board felt lighter while skating with the aces due to the wb, even though they're heavier. Settled on indys though.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3166 on: March 23, 2021, 06:25:08 AM »
The chart on the page before said 66s are 9.125 or some shit, that axle says 9. JOEY WE NEED CLARITY JAH BLESS

If the AF1 has a 9" even truck I cant order it fast enough.
ok thanks

antarctica

• why
« Reply #3167 on: March 23, 2021, 07:23:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I see it, keen eye! Gnarred. So maybe there still isn't going to be an 8.75"?

Makes me wonder if instead of getting a perfect 8.5 axle we'll be getting a weird 8.6 one or something so they can work on both? Sort of like when they moved the 44 up to 8.38 instead of 8.25 for the ppl who skate 8.5. Would be weird if they didnt try and capatalize with a 8.7 truck though, the two most common truck sizes I see are 8.5 and 8.75 anyways

Diocletian

« Reply #3168 on: March 23, 2021, 07:23:33 AM »
I dig how they went back to the Stage 2 hanger design for these AF1's. When they came out with the Stage 3 hanger, they beefed up the "V" and it's never looked quite right to me. Like some weird step closer to a Theeve V3 hanger or something. AF1's bring it back to the more signature "svelt" look.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3169 on: March 23, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »
I dig how they went back to the Stage 2 hanger design for these AF1's. When they came out with the Stage 3 hanger, they beefed up the "V" and it's never looked quite right to me. Like some weird step closer to a Theeve V3 hanger or something. AF1's bring it back to the more signature "svelt" look.

Well, since Theeve was borrowing from ACE (broken record statement: Theeve prototypes ran on ACE plates), and both had issues with that svelt design, it's no wonder they beefed it. Stage I for both were damn sexy, Theeve TiKings were so fucking light with that hanger and Ti pin.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #3170 on: March 23, 2021, 02:57:40 PM »
Here’s my review after my first session on them:

I had a change of heart and went with the 55’s. The axle pokes out a smidgen on my 8.5 but is workable.

Took me about 45 minutes of rolling around my park and 30 minutes of doing slappies/skating flat to almost fully break these in.

What I like about these trucks after having ventures for a while:
-Turning is improved, for sure.
-Setting up onto a new board isn’t a painful experience
-I’m finding that my pop feels a little better with the axles positioned closer to the center of my board than the ventures were. I could be completely making up that last part.
-Slightly heavier but I like that

My gripes about this truck are completely subjective: I’m not used to a hanger/axle this wide and am finding I need to force the sides of my truck onto the ledge more-so than I did on my ventures.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #3171 on: March 23, 2021, 03:13:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Here’s my review after my first session on them:

I had a change of heart and went with the 55’s. The axle pokes out a smidgen on my 8.5 but is workable.

Took me about 45 minutes of rolling around my park and 30 minutes of doing slappies/skating flat to almost fully break these in.

What I like about these trucks after having ventures for a while:
-Turning is improved, for sure.
-Setting up onto a new board isn’t a painful experience
-I’m finding that my pop feels a little better with the axles positioned closer to the center of my board than the ventures were. I could be completely making up that last part.
-Slightly heavier but I like that

My gripes about this truck are completely subjective: I’m not used to a hanger/axle this wide and am finding I need to force the sides of my truck onto the ledge more-so than I did on my ventures.

God damn it. Now you're making me miss my Aces.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3172 on: March 24, 2021, 06:00:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Sorry man, I didn’t get any pics 😕 I can ask to see that catalog again next time I’m going there, but I’m sure plenty of people here should have access to it too...

Anyone else seen his catalog yet? I swear I dream of these new Aces most nights...

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3173 on: March 25, 2021, 10:40:55 AM »
My shop told me all the AF1s are at the port, waiting to come in.

If you've seen the ships from the beaches in Southern California lately near Pedro, you know that might mean awhile.

JUST WISH THEYD POST THE GODDAMN SIZE CHART!
ok thanks

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3174 on: March 25, 2021, 10:43:20 AM »
Not surprising at all.

I think you'll be stoked on the sizes, Big Dave. Whereas my hope for a certain size might be dashed.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #3175 on: March 25, 2021, 10:44:06 AM »

Got some 44s. Really like them so far.

But what's with the bushings poping out ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

antarctica

• why
« Reply #3176 on: March 25, 2021, 10:44:49 AM »
Commneted on aces instagram yesterday about when the AF1s are dropping, " Before summer" is the response i got so now im assuming theyre going to come out in mid may or something. 

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3177 on: March 25, 2021, 10:46:04 AM »
@RichardBarkley
That bulge happens when they are brand new. You have to break them in. Keep it loose and spend some time leaning back and fore on the carpet. It doesn't take too long. Once they are nice and squished, they are a solid bushing.

antarctica

• why
« Reply #3178 on: March 25, 2021, 10:47:14 AM »

Got some 44s. Really like them so far.

But what's with the bushings poping out ?

I think thats from the fact you have your trucks tightened all the way down not the trucks themselves. Def would recomend skating them stock looseness before tightening them down to such an extreme

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #3179 on: March 25, 2021, 10:49:05 AM »
Thanks guys
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in