Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747335 times)

downtodevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #4980 on: January 08, 2022, 07:24:37 AM »
Switched from Indy 139s to Ace AF1 33 because Indy aftermarket bushings don't even fit Indy trucks (at least the 90a conicals and from what a friend told me the Indy bushings he tried doesn't fit in his 215s) and I didn't feel like playing the game of trying to figure out what bushings works.

Not my first time riding Ace AF1s but definitely took a bit to get used to. I love the lower height that doesn't sacrifice turn ability.

This is a beautiful setup! Love the color of the deck. I love my Aces.

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #4981 on: January 08, 2022, 12:56:21 PM »
Love that set up . Looks dope

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #4982 on: January 08, 2022, 02:15:55 PM »
Switched from Indy 139s to Ace AF1 33 because Indy aftermarket bushings don't even fit Indy trucks (at least the 90a conicals and from what a friend told me the Indy bushings he tried doesn't fit in his 215s) and I didn't feel like playing the game of trying to figure out what bushings works.

Not my first time riding Ace AF1s but definitely took a bit to get used to. I love the lower height that doesn't sacrifice turn ability.

I should have gotten my af1s as 33s 😩😩. I’ve barely touched my 44s.
But really. What I’m here to ask is…did you mount new trucks onto a deck that was used? I’ll admit that the color of the deck is fetching, but, new trucks on old board is a sin

Pinkgravy

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4983 on: January 08, 2022, 05:00:07 PM »
Fitted an Indy 215 hanger on an ace baseplate to fit this krooked zogger and it's perfect

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #4984 on: January 08, 2022, 05:41:28 PM »
Fitted an Indy 215 hanger on an ace baseplate to fit this krooked zogger and it's perfect

Interesting! How does the baseplate switch change them? Love Zip Zoggers but haven’t tried 215’s yet on them

Pinkgravy

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4985 on: January 08, 2022, 09:35:30 PM »
Im fully on the ace train,Indy's turn sluggish after switching to ace.indy hangers fit perfectly fine for me if I need a bit more or less width, and I have a few Indy hangers sitting around since switching to ace,the 66 hanger wasn't quite wide enough, and these turn just like ace 215s,I've also done it with 149s on a street setup,worked great

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #4986 on: January 09, 2022, 06:33:08 AM »
Im fully on the ace train,Indy's turn sluggish after switching to ace.indy hangers fit perfectly fine for me if I need a bit more or less width, and I have a few Indy hangers sitting around since switching to ace,the 66 hanger wasn't quite wide enough, and these turn just like ace 215s,I've also done it with 149s on a street setup,worked great

I gotcha, thanks for elaborating!

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #4987 on: January 09, 2022, 08:16:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I should have gotten my af1s as 33s 😩😩. I’ve barely touched my 44s.
But really. What I’m here to ask is…did you mount new trucks onto a deck that was used? I’ll admit that the color of the deck is fetching, but, new trucks on old board is a sin
That’s the best part is it’s sin for new trucks new wheels on an old board and he doesn’t give a fuck & I back it . Putting indy hangers on aces is a sin but yet it’s done again & again .

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4988 on: January 10, 2022, 09:26:32 AM »
Sounds like Ace's is goal is for the consumer to be able to order a variety specific components to build up a custom truck up front. At least that's what I am interpreting from a recent insta post. Might be more expensive that way but Slap trucks nerds spend that money anyway....

...me, I'll still just take a Classic with an 8.75" axle....

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #4989 on: January 10, 2022, 08:59:12 PM »
Sounds like Ace's is goal is for the consumer to be able to order a variety specific components to build up a custom truck up front. At least that's what I am interpreting from a recent insta post. Might be more expensive that way but Slap trucks nerds spend that money anyway....

...me, I'll still just take a Classic with an 8.75" axle....

Anyone seeing how many Slappers bought Lurpiv should probably realize that there is a decent market for high end trucks.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #4990 on: January 14, 2022, 11:40:51 AM »
And, there's the 60.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4991 on: January 14, 2022, 11:55:25 AM »
thats a instant cop right there. I cant wait to see how it feels on a 8.5 Polar.

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #4992 on: January 14, 2022, 11:58:32 AM »
It’s only an imperceptible 0.125” shorter than the 9” on each side but I need these

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4993 on: January 14, 2022, 12:15:14 PM »
I tried to skate the af1 going from thunder titanium lights to them was too much I threw in the towel. way to heavy for me. going to try the af1 hollow lows because they are the same height as the thunders im skating and the responsiveness of the aces were next level

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #4994 on: January 14, 2022, 02:07:45 PM »
Can someone ascertain a pattern to the Ace numbering scheme?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4995 on: January 14, 2022, 02:18:54 PM »
I tried to skate the af1 going from thunder titanium lights to them was too much I threw in the towel. way to heavy for me. going to try the af1 hollow lows because they are the same height as the thunders im skating and the responsiveness of the aces were next level

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of weight and turning.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #4996 on: January 14, 2022, 02:25:43 PM »

Pick number in between two existing numbers.  Put number on trucks.  Hope the general public does not ask questions. 

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #4997 on: January 14, 2022, 03:13:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pick number in between two existing numbers.  Put number on trucks.  Hope the general public does not ask questions.

This. 
Enjoy your life.

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4998 on: January 14, 2022, 03:46:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of weight and turning.
I know I just wish I could skate the regs but I can't so im going to try the hollow lows when they drop. its all about trying new things and I did and just couldn't hang. tried to be a big boy but holy hell I was terrified to try anything. may have been the 25 degree weather may have been also breaking in the ishod shoe which has too much ventilation and couldn't feel my feet but im going to give the af1 44's to a local kid that can't afford new shit and grab the lows and try again

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #4999 on: January 14, 2022, 03:55:12 PM »

Weird how their stock bushings have a softer barrel on the board side and harder cone on the roadside. Seems like most everyone does the opposite when mixing duros.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5000 on: January 14, 2022, 04:39:31 PM »

Weird how their stock bushings have a softer barrel on the board side and harder cone on the roadside. Seems like most everyone does the opposite when mixing duros.

The harder top is how ACE snaps back to center and keep a deep turn, this is why they are so maneuverable. Doing the opposite, is more sluggish by comparison: you get better stability (harder barrel) but a slower return to center.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #5001 on: January 14, 2022, 05:50:14 PM »
while on the subject of aces and thunders: being that aces are closer to thunder in height than indy, do aces have a similar "quick trigger" feeling on the pop like thunder? on indy's the pop feels more delayed/requires more wind up, which i'm assuming is a result of the increased height.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5002 on: January 14, 2022, 07:28:08 PM »
I’ll stand by that the trucks are extremely different…..

Thunder: quick twitch but limited turning radius, quick pop, extend wheelbase
Ace: deep turning radius, slower but more powerful pop, shortened wheelbase

The two other things they have in common is neither and Indy’s and no one buys their t-shirts…

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #5003 on: January 15, 2022, 10:35:00 AM »
while on the subject of aces and thunders: being that aces are closer to thunder in height than indy, do aces have a similar "quick trigger" feeling on the pop like thunder? on indy's the pop feels more delayed/requires more wind up, which i'm assuming is a result of the increased height.

Completely different in my opinion. I’d say it’s more about the wheelbase than it is about the height.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5004 on: January 15, 2022, 12:56:10 PM »
Let’s see if the Ace lo’s wheelbite like thunders….

DanRar009

• Rep: 50
« Reply #5005 on: January 16, 2022, 06:26:21 PM »
Anyone know when the ace hard bushings will be in stock? They posted a picture to their Instagram story but no eta

downtodevin

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5006 on: January 17, 2022, 07:55:22 AM »
Anyone know when the ace hard bushings will be in stock? They posted a picture to their Instagram story but no eta

No idea, I got sick of waiting and just ordered them from a skate shop online. It was a shop in Florida.

DanRar009

• Rep: 50
« Reply #5007 on: January 17, 2022, 07:46:13 PM »
I feel ya. Might check parade world or something then

kevs.clips

• Rep: 24
« Reply #5008 on: January 20, 2022, 08:43:06 PM »
Has anyone put a Tensor ATG pivot cup into an AF1? Just had my AF1 pivot blow out and those are all I can get my hands on. Emailed Ace about it so hopefully they’ll send me some replacements but just wanted to know if the tensors would work in the meantime.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5009 on: January 21, 2022, 09:27:11 AM »
Has anyone put a Tensor ATG pivot cup into an AF1? Just had my AF1 pivot blow out and those are all I can get my hands on. Emailed Ace about it so hopefully they’ll send me some replacements but just wanted to know if the tensors would work in the meantime.

Tensor cups are much lower and thinner (nowhere near the quality if ACE cups) over all but might work in a pinch? Best bet is to pop it in and see what you get.