Author Topic: BATB 4 U.S. vs Them  (Read 266577 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: BATB 4 U.S. vs Them
« Reply #1740 on: June 26, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
Again you're not putting it in context. Then, those guys probably looked better than everyone else, but even you don't believe that they looked better than their more modern selves. You're an idiot if you think someone is going to be as good as they are going to get, or look fully comfortable only after 3-5 years of skateboarding. That's how long a lot of those dudes were skating when those videos came out.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1741 on: June 26, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »
When COTG and I agree that you are stupid, you've gotta be wrong. the early 90's were the shittiest era in skate style ever, its not even debatable.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1742 on: June 26, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »
I think we've all seen old skate videos where everybody was hunched over and could barely ollie correctly, but they were still doing crazy flippy to slidy grinders on curbs.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1743 on: June 26, 2011, 12:11:22 PM »
you guys are fucking morons. have you seen hokus pokus? hensley backside flip backside grab the garbage can? kareem cambell doing anything? seriously, you guys are sooo fucking lame.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1744 on: June 26, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »
hensley retired in '91 dude. Hocus Pocus came out in like '89. Who didn't skate back then? When I started in '92 nobody was talking about H-street, and everybody was talking about triple flips and plan b. Some people had good style back then, but even they tended not to pop shit that high. Kareem had some pop for sure, nobody is denying that, but there definitely were less stylish guys than Kareem back then, and the guys who had style back then and still skate have better style now. Its not even an argument, its just you looking like an ass.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 702
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1745 on: June 26, 2011, 12:48:33 PM »
When COTG and I agree that you are stupid, you've gotta be wrong. the early 90's were the shittiest era in skate style ever, its not even debatable.

Expecting the end of the world today.  I agree with both of these guys at the same time.  This issue isn't debatable. 

I think skateboarding was better back then, but to say the overall style of skateboarding was better, not just a few individual tricks, is completely fucking ridiculous.

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #1746 on: June 26, 2011, 01:01:18 PM »
When COTG and I agree, somethings gotta be wrong.
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1747 on: June 26, 2011, 02:26:10 PM »
The Gipper and LoveChild are right. Skating looked horribe in the beggining. In Toy Machines Heavy Metal Ed did tons of different tricks, including the poor bastard Nollie inward heel. Might not be the best exampe but you get the point I hope. A few years later when Welcome to hell came out, people looked waay more comfortable on board. Satva was clean as hell, Jamie crushed and Maldonado/Barley showed what power is all about. In short, it takes time, plus the evolution of boards must have helped.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #1748 on: June 26, 2011, 04:26:39 PM »
Expand Quote
That's what's wrong. People don't really know how to put shit in context. A lot of shit in the 90's looked bad because those guys were just learning how to skateboard. street skating was like 5-10 years old when a lot of those videos came out. If you look at any sport in it's infancy it will look way less polished than when it's 50+years old. Skateboarding is still young and people are still learning.
[close]

hahahahahah, what are you, like 12? street skating started in the early eighties, in the 90s shit always looked good. go watch love child or new world order, yeah, they were doing new shit, but they were the best, they had natural styles and everything looked good. even the h street shit looked good. you guys are on some serious meth.
I started in '87 and there was plenty of bad looking shit in the 90s. Shit done up 2 inch tall manual pads was worthy of being in your video part simply because it had never been done, not because it looked good. Not saying everything was awful, Hokus Pokus is one of my favorite videos of all time, but tricks can't look all herky-jerky now without being the subject of much ridicule...

Torey, I'm looking at you.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1749 on: June 26, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
hensley retired in '91 dude. Hocus Pocus came out in like '89. Who didn't skate back then? When I started in '92 nobody was talking about H-street, and everybody was talking about triple flips and plan b. Some people had good style back then, but even they tended not to pop shit that high. Kareem had some pop for sure, nobody is denying that, but there definitely were less stylish guys than Kareem back then, and the guys who had style back then and still skate have better style now. Its not even an argument, its just you looking like an ass.

fuck you man. youre an ass and im sure you suck at skateboarding. seriously go fuck yourself.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1750 on: June 26, 2011, 05:48:35 PM »

the fact that hokus pokus came out earlier is even more evidence that skateboarding was already stylish.

no style here of course, man, look at that guy struggle.

and what about this sketchy bastard

92 morons

93 losers

and if you think this looks bad you are insane

seriously, you guys are clueless
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 06:02:20 PM by geoff »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1751 on: June 26, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »
Nobody has yet denied dudes with good style existed.
Go to about :25 here and it is explained:

congratulations on seeing those parts though.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1752 on: June 26, 2011, 06:34:30 PM »
that on video is not the fucking bible and its total bullshit. there are tons of people out now with no style. in fact, most people have a bad or boring style. people who hate on the 90s were either not there  or they just suck at skating. plus, alot of people with bad style dont know what good style is, im sure you push hella funny when you do your mobbed ass kickflip.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1753 on: June 26, 2011, 06:40:06 PM »
its funny too, because exactly what is it they were saying in that on video? that style didnt matter for two fucking years? thats bullshit anyways, but it shows a woeful ignorance on the part of the producers. that stereo video was cool, oops. the only clips anyone can ever refer to are some fucking new deal shit. was skateboarding only new deal in the 90s? fuck no. so for a couple of years people did pressure flips, who gives a shit? That is such a short amount of time. and does that mean sheffey wasnt killing it? or rick howard? or any number of sick dudes? of course not. you out of anyone should know not to talk about things that you have no real knowledge of. but you cant help yourself, you dont know how to think. you missed out on an amazing time in skateboarding and now your pointless ass wants to talk some shit.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:56:15 PM by geoff »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1754 on: June 26, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »
A visual sound did not come out after mouse you fucking idiot.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1755 on: June 26, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »

i was thinking the chocolate video, but that was also a year after. anyway, you suck at life. youre a total tool. go fuck yourself. also, dont ever tell people your name on here, because you will get fucked up.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:00:53 PM by geoff »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1756 on: June 26, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was thinking the chocolate video, but that was also a year after. anyway, you suck at life. youre a total tool. go fuck yourself. also, dont ever tell people your name on here, because i will fuck you up if i ever meet you.

hahahahahaha the lamest internet tough guy threat from one of the worst posters.   threats from delusional white kids over the internet crack me up. 
where is home?

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1757 on: June 26, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »
im not a kid, and i live by this guy, pretty good chance we'll meet actually.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1758 on: June 26, 2011, 09:07:35 PM »
HAHAHA no you won't. That nigga gipper is ducking everybody.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
« Reply #1759 on: June 26, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was thinking the chocolate video, but that was also a year after. anyway, you suck at life. youre a total tool. go fuck yourself. also, dont ever tell people your name on here, because you will get fucked up.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1760 on: June 26, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

youre right. i dont fight people. i guess i would if i had to. this dude is such a dick though, plus i am really immature for my age. although, if I ever met some guy and he told me that his name was reagan on slap, i would spit on him.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #1761 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

youre right. i dont fight people. i guess i would if i had to. this dude is such a dick though, plus i am really immature for my age. although, if I ever met some guy and he told me that his name was reagan on slap, i would spit on him.

i thought you were gonna fuck him up, bruh?

now you've been reduced to spitting?

you's a

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #1762 on: June 26, 2011, 10:25:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

[/b]

Its the internet. Don't take things so seriously.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1763 on: June 26, 2011, 10:29:55 PM »
im just really sensitive. my feelings get hurt easily, i also have add, and im ocd. so shit pops off cuz. plus, when people say stupid things like, gino iannucci has no style, and the gonz was irrelevant because the new deal video came out, i kind of lose it. plus, dude thinks he knows history because he read a howard zinn book.

bandini

« Reply #1764 on: June 26, 2011, 11:10:15 PM »
although, if I ever met some guy and he told me that his name was reagan on slap, i would spit on him.

You wouldn't do shit. You'd quickly realize that the only reason we're all such assholes here is that we're all safely behind our computer screens. In real life we'd all have a good skate session & probably get along fine.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1765 on: June 27, 2011, 09:06:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nope, that was goldfish dipshit. Again, you didn't skate back then, stop trying to tell people who did what it was like.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1766 on: June 27, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
Expand Quote
although, if I ever met some guy and he told me that his name was reagan on slap, i would spit on him.
[close]

You wouldn't do shit. You'd quickly realize that the only reason we're all such assholes here is that we're all safely behind our computer screens. In real life we'd all have a good skate session & probably get along fine.

maybe

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #1767 on: June 27, 2011, 12:32:36 PM »
Hopefully the next BATB has all new people.
Its crazy how just playing games of skate can make a name for some of these dudes.

Dishonest John

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • Nya Ah Ahh!
« Reply #1768 on: June 27, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »
Am I the only one to notice that the BATB thread on Slap is more entertaining than the BATB itself?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1769 on: June 27, 2011, 05:47:55 PM »
This is interesting. I think geoff is overreacting the way I usually do, and now I get to experience it from the other side. It's really more entertaining than anything.