Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173469 times)

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #780 on: October 27, 2013, 10:27:46 AM »
broke a board today and sat down in the corner. 3 minutes later my mate who was still filming other guys drops his VX on the floor. the century broke off, taking the vx bayonet lock with it, all the cables hanging out of the camera and shit. he already had it repaired and refurbished 5 weeks ago. now this. there have been better days.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #781 on: October 27, 2013, 10:31:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
shit like that is why i don't skate with headphones in
[close]
I agree. As much as I love music, I will always prefer the sound of skateboarding.
[close]
I can't stand skating with headphones in and it annoys me when other guys do. They don't hear you coming but act like its all your fault.
skating with headphones means :"yeah i'm skating, but NOT WITH YOU"  - mike carroll

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #782 on: October 27, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »
Skated a park by myself today because my friends were all busy, was still pretty fun.
Might have to get used to the solo seshes...
damn those yarys bout those squats

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #783 on: October 27, 2013, 02:59:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
shit like that is why i don't skate with headphones in
[close]
I agree. As much as I love music, I will always prefer the sound of skateboarding.
[close]
I can't stand skating with headphones in and it annoys me when other guys do. They don't hear you coming but act like its all your fault.
[close]
skating with headphones means :"yeah i'm skating, but NOT WITH YOU"  - mike carroll
Perfect sentiment.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • the moon rules
« Reply #784 on: October 27, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »
First day all week I didn't have to work both of my jobs. I took the train from my morning job to a newish skatepark that got built in place of an old prefab one. Met up with a bunch of friends. Hoped in the car and booked it to a new ledge plaza built outside the city ontop of a bridge. Im talking about completely perfect ledges that don't stop grinding and there are both frontside and backside ledges for both stances. I'm still in the transition period from being hurt/breaking my foot and messing up the ligaments in my ankle, though, so everything is coming back with time. Flip tricks are the worst to relearn/try, and it takes a while to warm up. My legs get super sore very quick, but I'm dealing. All in all an awesome way to spend the week with my buds
fuck you bama

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #785 on: October 28, 2013, 01:03:09 AM »
Skated for about 10ish hours, so many slams, got a few new tricks too.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #786 on: October 28, 2013, 01:30:24 AM »
Went to the park near my house just to get some fresh air and not feel physically lazy. Ended up skating for three hours dorking around with everybody having a blast. A tiny slab of quick-crete solidified in a bucket from the rain, and I got it out and skated it for like an hour doing natas spins and shit.

Fast forward to about 2:30 AM, and I'm standing outside of the university hospital for like 20 minutes waiting for some dumb bitch to come get her delivery. It was freezing and nobody was around, so I skated flatground and the curb while I waited. Immediately a few public safety officers came to the door and I panicked, only to realize they didn't actually care I was skating, they were just curious what the noise was, haha.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #787 on: October 28, 2013, 04:21:35 PM »
 Back in my hometown for a week. Caught up with some friends and skated our asses off. Got bored of skating the torn skatepark so we went skating spots around the city. Skated so many spots i havent skated for years, it was cool to do better tricks on them.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #788 on: October 28, 2013, 04:29:04 PM »
Empty park over lunch. An hour to myself. Went back to work stoked on the rest of the afternoon.

shark tits

« Reply #789 on: October 29, 2013, 12:06:43 AM »
my pal knocked on my door at 8PM and woke me up. i was dragging ass, he goes 'we can get coffee' and that's our euphemism for skate. it's 40degrees out and dark so we played 2 games of SKATE at a parking garage. he won the first one on a fs heelflip and i pitched a good game the 2nd one. including fs flip and bs heel which i've been doing forever but they've gotten easier over the yrs. coffee, cigs, jokes and flatground. being 36 and improving [at a snail's pace].

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #790 on: October 31, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »
Skating everyday:
My best friend and I made a pact on the first of the month to skate every single day of October and today we made it, 31 out of 31!

Energy Turtle

• Rep: 15
« Reply #791 on: October 31, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »
nailing every trick on my list then spewing monster on my spectators

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
« Reply #792 on: November 01, 2013, 02:18:00 AM »
I drilled my left elbow on the crete after bailing a f/s feeble. My entire left hand is numb minus pointer finger.. WebMB says I pinched a nerve in my elbow, so heart problems are out of the question!

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #793 on: November 01, 2013, 12:54:35 PM »
Expand Quote
1. The fact that its so fucking hard. Just learning an ollie ends most people's venture into skating. We are the dedicated ones. The ones who saw something cool, and stuck with it until it was just as cool to us.

2. Impossibles over gaps/off of drops. Just learned them. Super fun. Am I jumping on the bandwagon? Maybe, but fuck it, they are fun
[close]

Well put, my friend.

That backside flip in your sig.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #794 on: November 01, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
Skating everyday:
My best friend and I made a pact on the first of the month to skate every single day of October and today we made it, 31 out of 31!

thats awesome dude. +1

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #795 on: November 01, 2013, 03:19:31 PM »
Gettin a box of skatey things in the mail.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #796 on: November 01, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »

Skateboarding is amazing.

Fish

• Rep: -3
« Reply #797 on: November 01, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »
pushing

dask8d00d

« Reply #798 on: November 01, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
been having a TON of fun doing all sorts of ledge & rail lines at this plaza I've been going to. also locking in perfect to a long, clean grind at a nice speed always feels great.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #799 on: November 05, 2013, 05:31:47 PM »
Skated to the bodega at night in some air max 360s on a cruiser I just set up with 60mm 85As and risers. Felt like I was riding a tall, fluffy cloud.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #800 on: November 07, 2013, 06:55:31 AM »
moved up from a 8.125 to a 8.5 and i think i'm in love. i have major chickenfoot but it's going away, i just feel like if i get a shinner my leg's gonna get chopped off. just pushing on it is crazy, so flat but so much pop

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #801 on: November 07, 2013, 07:41:34 AM »
^I SAW A LITTLE NIGGA WEARING FLIP FLOPS SURFING PUDDLES IN THE PARK

GAS STATIONS ARE GREAT, THOSE BLACK CURBS SLIDE LIKE BUTTER

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #802 on: November 07, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »
Second successful day skating shorts in years and there was a dude at the park who was skating in work boots. It looked like he hadn't skated in a while, but at the same time the boots didn't seem to fuck with his skating. He was doing nollie back heels off little drops, back tails on sloped ledges, nollie nosegrinding whole ledges, and all his flips were done perfectly. It was amazing.
I've witnessed Peabody blazing the 13' vert bowl at Feallenparken CPH in steel capped work boots and covered in concrete after a day building. Did not slow him down one bit.

MaS

• Rep: -7
« Reply #803 on: November 07, 2013, 04:10:17 PM »
took my 3.5 yr old out to the park for the first time.  He rolled into a bank without me holding him about a half hour into the session.  pretty cool. 

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
« Reply #804 on: November 08, 2013, 07:43:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Second successful day skating shorts in years and there was a dude at the park who was skating in work boots. It looked like he hadn't skated in a while, but at the same time the boots didn't seem to fuck with his skating. He was doing nollie back heels off little drops, back tails on sloped ledges, nollie nosegrinding whole ledges, and all his flips were done perfectly. It was amazing.
[close]
I've witnessed Peabody blazing the 13' vert bowl at Feallenparken CPH in steel capped work boots and covered in concrete after a day building. Did not slow him down one bit.

Reminds me of an article in Thrasher i think, about a local at the brooklyn banks who skated in workers timberlands sometime in the 90s. There's footage of it on youtube but i have no idea what video.

Today I enjoyed noticing how my flip foot catches the board before my other one on fakie flips. Is that common?
Also a straight bs wallride in a line to at least have a positive note to a further fatigue-ridden session.

plonster

• Rep: 10
« Reply #805 on: November 09, 2013, 05:15:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Reminds me of an article in Thrasher i think, about a local at the brooklyn banks who skated in workers timberlands sometime in the 90s. There's footage of it on youtube but i have no idea what video.

Today I enjoyed noticing how my flip foot catches the board before my other one on fakie flips. Is that common?
Also a straight bs wallride in a line to at least have a positive note to a further fatigue-ridden session.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #806 on: November 09, 2013, 05:31:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Pepe Martinez and other Freedom Plaza crew used to skate in timbs too.

Re catching fakie flips with your flick foot I think I do that because it feels less likely to whip out from under you when you land.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #807 on: November 14, 2013, 08:10:43 PM »
BUMS AND JUNKIES SHARED THEIR LOVE WITH ME
RICH PEOPLE SHARED THEIR HATE

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:15:03 PM by BRIX SKWIKZ »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
« Reply #808 on: November 14, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »
It was nice and warm today which makes any session awesome. Good music pumpin and landed a couple new tricks, good shit all around

shark tits

« Reply #809 on: November 14, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »
1-1 on switch bs flips tonight. wallies and bullshit and wallies and bullshit........