Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574917 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5700 on: August 06, 2022, 09:10:56 AM »
I want to start a lemonade company called Milkmilk and sell it exclusively from stands on the same block as the local confectionary.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5701 on: August 08, 2022, 02:39:16 PM »
What are the odds that Nancy Pelosi single-handedly set in motion a series of events that will eventually lead to World War III and/or complete societal collapse with her little trip?

Did anyone give an actual reason?  Was she just trying to piss of China and sever any diplomatic ties for some unknown fucking reason? 

Or was it just a vanity project?  One last hurrah before they lower her into her sarcophagus?

Also, the trip apparently cost only a paltry $90 million.

I just can’t imagine the level of narcissism required to essentially tell everyone else on the planet to go fuck themselves so she can take a working vacation and get some press attention.  Could it possibly be statistically the single most sociopathic thing anyone has ever done?

Or am I just being an alarmist?

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

somefucker

« Reply #5702 on: August 08, 2022, 03:30:25 PM »
Do you think jumping rope would help me get some pop back?

sure as hell didnt make my pop come back. he left when i was 10

Logic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
« Reply #5703 on: August 09, 2022, 02:29:41 AM »
If we have a concept of nothing then what happens when you die ? Theoretically nothing is actually something since it’s been defined. The concept of zero exists but as a place holder for absence of anything. But if you can define it ,is it still nothing?

Your take is pretty similar to Parmenides, whose line of reasoning was that to speak of something, it has to first exist.
Another way of looking at nothing has been equating it with consciousness, since consciousness by its very nature cannot be an object of consciousness thus it gets around Parmenides objection.
Personally I think it's similar to infinity, if it does indeed exist in some way then it would be incomprehensible to us anyway.

As for what happens when we die? Who knows.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #5704 on: August 09, 2022, 02:44:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tie that jumping rope around his leg and tie the other to a table leg

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5705 on: August 09, 2022, 08:38:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh god. Lol

Haha.

I was just pondering about something being wrong with me. I just had a girl run up to me and try to pull me into a bar for some fun. DTF for sure. I got extremely anxious all of a sudden and said find me some other time.
She was bummed af and I felt like a pos for not going.

Damn. I’m sad again. Someone tell another joke.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #5706 on: August 09, 2022, 10:36:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh god. Lol

Haha.

I was just pondering about something being wrong with me. I just had a girl run up to me and try to pull me into a bar for some fun. DTF for sure. I got extremely anxious all of a sudden and said find me some other time.
She was bummed af and I felt like a pos for not going.

Damn. I’m sad again. Someone tell another joke.

What's the difference between a dirty bus stop and a lobster with fake tips?

Ones a crusty bus station and the other is a busty crustacean

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5707 on: August 15, 2022, 12:43:00 PM »
cut a sliver of my skin off accidentally while doing prep work this morning that i couldn't locate amidst a see of onion slices. someone probably ate my skin. that thought freaked me out, even tho this has probably happened countless times.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5708 on: August 19, 2022, 05:50:01 PM »
What moment in time will future historians pinpoint as the beginning of the end of America?  The spark that ignited the eventual downward death spiral.  How far along are we?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #5709 on: August 19, 2022, 06:24:24 PM »
What moment in time will future historians pinpoint as the beginning of the end of America?  The spark that ignited the eventual downward death spiral.  How far along are we?

It’s been all down hill post Vietnam/Watergate. I would point to the growth in income disparity that really started to take off in the 80s. The collapse of the auto industry (specifically the auto workers union) was a harbinger of things that followed. I remember being really affected by the movie Roger and Me. That was 89’ and things keep getting worse for the middle class.

This chart shows growth in consolidated wealth vs. union participation:

Did you have a date in mind?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5710 on: August 19, 2022, 06:54:52 PM »
I was actually thinking the 60’s as well, but I feel like arguments could be made for lots of other time periods as well.

For example, you could make a case that our involvement in (and profiting from) WWI was our first big break from being generally isolationist and the start of our constant global military intervention and empire building… something that was a boon in the short-term, but really changed our whole trajectory and planted a lot of seeds of destruction.

You could also make a case for the advent of cable news and social media, which now function as non-stop propaganda machines, causing political polarization and helping intensify our descent into the quagmire of identity politics.

There’s probably a hundred more that someone could justifiably point to.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #5711 on: August 19, 2022, 07:22:41 PM »
Regarding the media, I am sure you have seen or at least know about the movie Network? That was 76’. Besides the conventions of the times, the film was pretty much spot on with all the problems with corporate media.

As a result there is not one media source that can be trusted. Little off topic but if you want to post or PM some global news sources I would be most appreciative. I read The Hill for US political coverage as it seems to be the least biased, but I am at a loss for global news.

DERBY

• Rep: 226
« Reply #5712 on: August 20, 2022, 06:49:12 PM »
not sure where to ask this but how do y’all balance work, routines, skating and the rest of your hobbies?

i haven’t been able to skate cus of work and the fatigue that comes with it. tho today i managed to get enough energy to bomb sum hills after my shift. shit was fun

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #5713 on: August 21, 2022, 02:11:58 AM »
Don't know who'd do it out of McDonald's, burger king, Domino's or pizza hut maybe some kind of collab but a cheeseburger the size of a pizza that comes in a pizza box and is cut into triangles and you take a segment out like a pizza.  Fuck this has prob already been done and is a normal thing in America right

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #5714 on: August 23, 2022, 03:29:35 PM »
bking pizza burger only avail in new york for short time

crown crust pizza seemingly was only available in the middle east

this bad boy started in asia, then uk, then US ate some 2

now im gonna go cook 2 pizzas (totinos) and make a double decker peperone cheese burg out of em and have a fat attack

live, laugh, love

« Reply #5715 on: August 24, 2022, 05:55:47 PM »
Saying "Your kickflip is rocket" makes more sense than "mobbed." Why would I wanna sound like Greco while he's neck deep in an identity crisis?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5716 on: September 01, 2022, 03:19:38 PM »
Is it valid to be genuinely neutral on embattled social issues?  Or is this some sort of cop out… a refusal to fully engage? 

Is there such thing as total neutrality?  If in my waking, conscious mind, I feel completely neutral on a topic, is there still a faint voice somewhere in the recesses of my mind that has an opinion that I can’t (or won’t) hear?

Is there a difference between literally not caring one way or another versus weighing the pros and cons, seeing the merits of both sides but concluding that they perfectly cancel each other out?

What would the world be like if no one had any opinions?  What would that look like?

Is one’s neutrality on a topic de facto supporting whatever is the majority opinion?  For example, if I were to be completely neutral when it comes to gun control -literally don’t care if no one had them or if everyone had 8 guns strapped under their trench coats like Neo in the Matrix, and I live in a country that is obsessed with private firearm ownership, will my indifference and resulting inaction contribute to no change in the current regulations be sort of an accidental, unintentional support of them?

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #5717 on: September 01, 2022, 04:45:59 PM »
why in the fuck at this point do the people in charge let Joe Biden speak publicly?

as funny as it is to hear him trail off about F-15s and cannons and shit, his mumbling, incoherent, meandering inanities are just making what is supposed to pass for "the left" sound pitiful and desperate...fucking November is about to be a fucking shitshow...

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5718 on: September 01, 2022, 05:17:01 PM »
why in the fuck at this point do the people in charge let Joe Biden speak publicly?

as funny as it is to hear him trail off about F-15s and cannons and shit, his mumbling, incoherent, meandering inanities are just making what is supposed to pass for "the left" sound pitiful and desperate...fucking November is about to be a fucking shitshow...

Do you think that there will be some big revelations about the extent of his mental and physical deterioration after his presidency a la FDR’s paralysis or Ronald Regan’s Alzheimer’s? 

There seems to be a very similar thing happening with Diane Feinstein being largely kept hidden away because of her rumored dementia. 

It’s obviously sad when anyone becomes demented with old age, but at the same time it doesn’t seem fair to their constituents to have a severely compromised person as their representative.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #5719 on: September 02, 2022, 12:18:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Do you think that there will be some big revelations about the extent of his mental and physical deterioration after his presidency a la FDR’s paralysis or Ronald Regan’s Alzheimer’s? 

There seems to be a very similar thing happening with Diane Feinstein being largely kept hidden away because of her rumored dementia. 

It’s obviously sad when anyone becomes demented with old age, but at the same time it doesn’t seem fair to their constituents to have a severely compromised person as their representative.

"some big revelations about the extent of his mental and physical deterioration"?

maybe for people who don't actually listen to him right now, but anyone who is, knows their watching and listening to an old ass white man who's barely breathing.

there's nothing "sad" about it--Biden is just as much an enemy to me, my family, my friends, and my neighbors as Trump is

seriously, what is this fatuousness supposed to be conveying?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5720 on: September 02, 2022, 05:20:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

"some big revelations about the extent of his mental and physical deterioration"?

maybe for people who don't actually listen to him right now, but anyone who is, knows their watching and listening to an old ass white man who's barely breathing.

there's nothing "sad" about it--Biden is just as much an enemy to me, my family, my friends, and my neighbors as Trump is

Yeah, I’m with you, I absolutely hate him as well and that fascist dictator speech and the setting was beyond awful.  So I guess your answer was a “yes” just worded in a nasty way for some reason.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #5721 on: September 03, 2022, 05:58:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I’m with you, I absolutely hate him as well and that fascist dictator speech and the setting was beyond awful.  So I guess your answer was a “yes” just worded in a nasty way for some reason.

sorry dude...lately i've been increasingly aware of how bad i am at the internet

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5722 on: September 03, 2022, 12:47:29 PM »
Who's going to roll in first?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #5723 on: September 03, 2022, 12:58:03 PM »
I was thinking how in the same way not everyone can manage a physical crisis, not everyone can manage an emotional crisis either. I got invited to a bbq this weekend by some people who havent talked to me in like two years, since i broke up with my ex. Recently I posted a couple things on social media where im having a good time, and suddenly i get these people coming out of the woodwork to hang out. I feel a little bitter that these friends didnt reach out when they knew i was going through hard times, but then i realized maybe their reaction to depression isnt something they can control, in the same way some people see blood and can't deal with it. I don't know if it makes me want to hang out with them, but I feel better thinking their lack of sympathy might not be personal.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5724 on: September 03, 2022, 07:56:44 PM »
Nollie back 80 is my favorite 80 to do. Nollie front is my favorite to watch. 180 Ollie was the first trick I learned. I love 180s
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5725 on: September 03, 2022, 09:21:20 PM »
Nollie back 80 is my favorite 80 to do. Nollie front is my favorite to watch. 180 Ollie was the first trick I learned. I love 180s

solid. Brian Delatorre and Al Davis are tied for my fav back 1s

wahwahwah

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5726 on: September 05, 2022, 02:33:40 PM »
why hesitate doing anything at the end we all die
Sipe nousee sisään,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #5727 on: September 05, 2022, 07:06:12 PM »
Science is going to kick death from aging right in the balls some day. With a little help from the genetics of lobsters and jellyfish, and gene editing with CRISPR, this future is foreseeable. We’ll all be dead first though.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5728 on: September 06, 2022, 12:09:23 AM »
Quote from: wahwahwah  :'( :( ;Dlink=topic=54309.msg3858210#msg3858210 date=1662413620

You could say the exact opposite: we are all going to die, so choose wisely what you put your time into.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5729 on: September 06, 2022, 03:36:31 PM »
Why is it that whenever someone who believes in reincarnation and talks about their past lives, they’re always something cool?

For the lives lived over the past 10,000 years, there’s like a 98% chance you were just a poor farmer just like the rest of us dumb fucks.