Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574887 times)

Hinna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5250 on: October 19, 2021, 02:51:52 PM »
dermatological thought. being a sweaty sk8r who gets dry face easily in the winter is not fun. lotion just makes it worse sometimes. either way my face gets kinda reddish

mushroom slice

« Reply #5251 on: October 20, 2021, 01:35:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^^^^
I didn’t mean to bring in Buddhist metaphysics/psychology. Just that there are states of consciousness that are not a hassle.

Buddhist enlightenment is one, also Maslow’s peak experiences, kensho, moksha, various mystical traditions.

These involve self-transcendence, non-attachment, ego-loss. So, if we create conscious robots that lack a self, then we do not create consciousness that is suffering, but consciousness that is free from the dissatisfactions of consciousness.

A problem is that we’ll never know whether robots are conscious.
None of us know whether anybody else is conscious, since everyone’s experience is consistent with their being the only conscious being and everyone else dark inside.

If we don’t know whether the people around us are conscious, we’ll never know whether our smart toaster is.
[close]

I don’t know about this. To assume that I am somehow more special then everyone else around me and that this whole universe just happened to show up the minute I got here for me and me alone dosnt make any sense. Truthfully if anything I think the entire universe is actually conscious and we are all the parts of it trying to see what the fuck we all are.  We will all see it different because of our own unique perspectives but truthfully we are all looking at the same thing. Us.
[close]

Consciousness is the only thing you can know directly, the only thing known for certain, everything else is inference. There might be a material world, but you're trusting that your mental representations accurately represent a world independent of your mind. And there's no way to do that, since all you have are mental representations.

It's Descartes - you can doubt everything, except that you're thinking. To doubt is to think, so when you doubt you're thinking you prove it.

Why think the universe is conscious?
I'm sympathetic - I'm pushing mysticism for robots after all - but unsure.
Other then my own person experiences with substances that I felt expanded my confines into other levels briefly  I think the universe is conscious because of the way it seems to be structured. Almost identical to a mammalian brain. Reality appears to have a very fractal like quality to it. when I think about where I exist it is always inside my head. I’m not my arms or legs or anything else in my body.you can cut all that away and I’m still there.  I’m this spot right between my eyes. That’s where I see the world from. What is that? Some cluster of braincells and neurons . What are those? They look like the universe. How strange. Why would that be a coincidence?there is nothing random here. Even the randomness isn’t actually random in a fractal.  Eventually As you look closer and closer everything becomes nothing. It’s only there when you look for it. How do you separate yourself from everything else if it’s all made of nothing? The whole thing seems to loop.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5252 on: October 20, 2021, 04:15:02 PM »
squirrel whisperer. the saga continues

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #5253 on: October 21, 2021, 12:23:25 AM »
How’s fucken candice Owens form, full talking shit about how we living in a police state and how she reckons the Americans should invade us to save us

What a fucking mort, if she wants to live here she gotta get a visa like every other cunt

As if we’re not doing all this shit to save our First Nations people mate
Same as the kiwis
No fucking idea
You’d think she’d have some fucking decorum

People shouldn’t say dumb shit just to make the news

She shoulda just done a sex tape instead
listen to cosmic psychos

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #5254 on: October 21, 2021, 03:58:07 AM »
These shit cunts using us as some kind of trojan horse of shit ideas can fuck off.  Check our death rate Candice, ya fucken deadshit. We're good thanks.

Fhk

« Reply #5255 on: October 21, 2021, 06:50:12 PM »
I never heard of New Deals Children of the Sun until today. I can't for the life of me understand how I missed it.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5256 on: October 21, 2021, 07:10:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^^^^
I didn’t mean to bring in Buddhist metaphysics/psychology. Just that there are states of consciousness that are not a hassle.

Buddhist enlightenment is one, also Maslow’s peak experiences, kensho, moksha, various mystical traditions.

These involve self-transcendence, non-attachment, ego-loss. So, if we create conscious robots that lack a self, then we do not create consciousness that is suffering, but consciousness that is free from the dissatisfactions of consciousness.

A problem is that we’ll never know whether robots are conscious.
None of us know whether anybody else is conscious, since everyone’s experience is consistent with their being the only conscious being and everyone else dark inside.

If we don’t know whether the people around us are conscious, we’ll never know whether our smart toaster is.
[close]

I don’t know about this. To assume that I am somehow more special then everyone else around me and that this whole universe just happened to show up the minute I got here for me and me alone dosnt make any sense. Truthfully if anything I think the entire universe is actually conscious and we are all the parts of it trying to see what the fuck we all are.  We will all see it different because of our own unique perspectives but truthfully we are all looking at the same thing. Us.
[close]

Consciousness is the only thing you can know directly, the only thing known for certain, everything else is inference. There might be a material world, but you're trusting that your mental representations accurately represent a world independent of your mind. And there's no way to do that, since all you have are mental representations.

It's Descartes - you can doubt everything, except that you're thinking. To doubt is to think, so when you doubt you're thinking you prove it.

Why think the universe is conscious?
I'm sympathetic - I'm pushing mysticism for robots after all - but unsure.

thought is an ego construction (constriction and maybe a beautiful constriction) that's based on lived experience. The truest way to live is to be aware of experience and not be attached to an interpretation of it. "Ahh, that's the sound of the birds... the sound of the bus... the feeling of my heart beating... the feeling of my ankle hurting... I feel displeased because I expected something else... I feel joy because I felt the trees sway..." The best we can do is to be aware of sensations and feelings. It's easier to not attach value to such states.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5257 on: October 21, 2021, 08:51:16 PM »
mushroom slice is ryan reyes confirmed
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5258 on: October 22, 2021, 03:49:12 AM »
I don’t get how Bruce Banner’s pants seemingly always survive his transformation into the Hulk.  There’s some rips at the bottom sure, but they remain structurally intact for the most part.

Meanwhile his shirt gets instantly vaporized when he changes. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #5259 on: October 22, 2021, 03:56:56 AM »
I don’t get how Bruce Banner’s pants seemingly always survive his transformation into the Hulk.  There’s some rips at the bottom sure, but they remain structurally intact for the most part.

That's just because Bruce Banner paid 1400 for those Big Mama pants. He might transform into something superhuman every time he remembers, but the pants persist as though to emphasize on how one's biggest battle really is their own selves that they have to overcome. The green comes from how much green he wish he still had, and really would still have in a sane world.

The shirts are probably just Thrasher shirts he keeps getting with his renewed subscriptions - often they still rip.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5260 on: October 22, 2021, 04:02:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's just because Bruce Banner paid 1400 for those Big Mama pants. He might transform into something superhuman every time he remembers, but the pants persist as though to emphasize on how one's biggest battle really is their own selves that they have to overcome. The green comes from how much green he wish he still had, and really would still have in a sane world.

The shirts are probably just Thrasher shirts he keeps getting with his renewed subscriptions - often they still rip.

I always thought they mustn’t have agreed on how to draw his dick
listen to cosmic psychos

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5261 on: October 22, 2021, 04:07:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes!  Exactly.  Finally someone answers my question.  I actually had a feeling Big Mama’s were involved but didn’t want to be the one to say it.

Also Matty, I’m sure the real reason has a lot to do with concerns over whatever is happening with his genitals.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5262 on: October 22, 2021, 04:40:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yes!  Exactly.  Finally someone answers my question.  I actually had a feeling Big Mama’s were involved but didn’t want to be the one to say it.

Also Matty, I’m sure the real reason has a lot to do with concerns over whatever is happening with his genitals.

You reckon he got that forey or nah
It could have been like his trick like you know how those mutants they all got a different trick

They blew it by not doing a story where he saved the day by taking the nuke off some terrorist cunt and hiding it in his foreskin full just pinching the end off and it’s just a puff of smoke comes out when he lets go, cunts like what

listen to cosmic psychos

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #5263 on: October 22, 2021, 08:10:19 AM »
I think hulk heals himself so he's prob uncut. But maybe his nob doesn't grow when he transforms so it doesn't burst thru his pants.

Unrelated pondering: back when people wore those massive tall Ts I wonder if anyone got diarea, ran to the toilet, sat and just blasted their guts out only to then realise they hadn't pulled their shirt up enough and just made a turd hammock

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5264 on: October 22, 2021, 08:59:45 AM »
i always wanna write mean funny things in uwtb but really have to restrain myself

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #5265 on: October 23, 2021, 08:11:48 PM »
If that really was Jack Nicholson who Rodney almost ran into in Almost Round 3...
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5266 on: October 24, 2021, 06:53:17 AM »
sheol

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5267 on: October 25, 2021, 03:11:36 PM »
https://youtu.be/93Cq0kCYmf4

I saw this I was like yo that looks like someone a little..  Then I clicked it and boom. He's a bush pilot. 100% sure this is "Ore" the granpappy of nugget.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5268 on: October 26, 2021, 05:40:41 AM »
Do medical professionals ever have to stifle a laugh when they refer to a “douche bag”?  Or when instructing where the “douche nozzle” needs to be inserted?

I feel like I’d have to let out at least a tiny giggle every time.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5269 on: October 26, 2021, 09:03:17 AM »
chicago style popcorn. is there a proper ratio or is it supposed to be 5050. mikos agility. the acceleration of time

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5270 on: October 26, 2021, 02:00:51 PM »
You know how skeletons are supposed to be scary?

What about the big blob of organs and muscle leftover after you remove the skeleton?  Why doesn’t that get any play?  Seems pretty scary to me.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #5271 on: October 26, 2021, 06:35:20 PM »
Everytime I hand my buddy the brocam the clip is out of focus. It's like magic. (Not that I landed anything worth using, but still)
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #5272 on: October 26, 2021, 11:48:07 PM »
You know how when doing a back boardslide, or front or back lip, on a rail, you can hang by your back truck so your back truck baseplate is sliding? Has anyone ever done that with a frontside boardslide in their footage?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5273 on: October 28, 2021, 09:44:06 AM »
Does Dickies and vans use slave labor or not?

I need to know
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Brguy

« Reply #5274 on: October 28, 2021, 11:56:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A.I freaks me out. Has anyone ever stopped and asked themselves if we should be putting the burden of conciseness on machines? Robots are not asking for this. I never heard a robot ask a human for this. This seems wrong.
[close]

Would it be okay to make conscious robots if they were all mystics?
[close]
I guess. Lotsa mystics out there these days. I didn’t mean any offend 4lom if it makes peace my favorite bounty hunter was always zuckass. If I see boba fettt I will blast him for you.
[close]

Maybe a lot of people say they are, but it would show in their behavior - impartial compassion, equanimity of views - which is rare

I just thought mystical experiences are maximally rewarding, so not a burden but a blessing. Making AI Buddhas is not a harm to them.

But if regular consciousness is a burden, doesn’t your crit apply to having children? They don’t ask to be saddled with the absurdity of life.

Do we harm children by bringing them into existence?
[close]

I’m pretty sure a lot of serious Buddhists see life as a cycle compromised mainly of suffering. So to bring a child into the world is to force them into said suffering, a serious faux pas. (Any Buddhists out there please correct me if I’m wrong with this generalization.)

The personal question WRT kiddies would seem to be, does suffering outweigh pleasure in life, and if so, are we willing to subject another person to that suffering in order to chance an experience or two of pleasure?

IMO, from the Buddhist take, robot consciousness and child conception are pretty much the same thing in terms of suffering and life, ie both are no good.
From what I gather having a kid isn't as much as a bad action as it is simply allowing someone to enter their next life, if you're in Samsara you're fucked and doomed to be reborn so we don't really have anything to do with the kids pain, they must get out of the cycle themselves by reaching nirvana. Also, somewhere a disabled jewish kid might be a reincarnation of Hitler or something.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5275 on: October 29, 2021, 09:21:40 AM »

I need to know
maybe not in the definition sense but theyre probably underpaid and work in less than spectacular conditions

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5276 on: October 29, 2021, 12:33:34 PM »
Expand Quote

I need to know
[close]
maybe not in the definition sense but theyre probably underpaid and work in less than spectacular conditions
Yeah, join the club

sketchyrider

« Reply #5277 on: October 29, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »
i'm legitimately blown away at how much the modern internet sucks

i pop open snapchat and its a bunch of soft core porn framed as "fitness inspiration", or literal harassment framed as "pranks"

go on reddit and "libertarians" are arguing about how Jan 6th is a non event, "if they really meant business nancy pelosi's head would be on a pike" ???

youtube feed always funnels me right wing insanity, doesn't matter what content you watch, that's where the algo leads you

search for shit on amazon and you get a bunch of wish.com level products with randomly generated product names

etc etc. wtf happened, how did the information superhighway devolve to this level, and what are the greater implications?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #5278 on: October 29, 2021, 10:40:19 PM »
Why don't they make a beanie style hat out of cotton, like what a t shirt is made from. Watching sls people trying to give themselves brain damage wearing wool beanies in Arizona heat.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #5279 on: October 29, 2021, 11:54:45 PM »
Why don't they make a beanie style hat out of cotton, like what a t shirt is made from. Watching sls people trying to give themselves brain damage wearing wool beanies in Arizona heat.

If skate companies made actual wool beanies they’d be close to a deck in price. 99% if not 100% of skate beanies are cheap acrylic. Still warm but not like wool

Can confirm I wear beanies to keep my hair contained even in the CA heat.

I’m not cool enough for a slesh/daveed/wassup rocker headband
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours