Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574921 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5580 on: April 14, 2022, 06:38:15 PM »
They should just go shopping at supream or whatever hot topic speream samey same
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #5581 on: April 14, 2022, 06:47:05 PM »
Why does the right care so much about banning LGBTQ+ books but no one talks about banning Mein Kampf? Hitler's book was worth the most points for the Scholastic book competition, where we would read books and take ten-question quizzes to score points, which we could redeem for junk food and other shit. The other books with the highest points were Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead [by Ayn Rand] and LOTR books. I didn't read any of those, but took the quizzes so I could beat everyone else.

My eighth-grade history teacher, who was from the south, told my class that the Civil War was really about state rights, and not slavery. My eleventh-grade history teacher said that slavery wasn't all bad, it was exaggerated by the Union, and that, "Black people were treated like dogs and were a part of their family." I wish I called him out on it. After the election, he surveyed the class, asking who would have voted for Obama, if they could vote, and gave everyone who raised their hands candy. He was also one of the most popular teachers in the school too. Kids liked these teachers, but I thought they were trash.

I hated my experience with the public school system. Reflecting on my time made me understand why people from that area were, and still are, pieces of shit. Anyone from that high school, except for one or two guys, that I ever hung out with, would at some point, go off on racist rants about Black people. It would be while smoking a bowl or having a couple shots. I really wish I would have told them to get the fuck out of my house, instead of ignoring that shit like Chris Roberts. Not saying anything is as bad as agreeing with them. They would also weirdly brag about: having big dicks, their sexual encounters, and using magnums, but had such a big problem with women who hook up with Black guys.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5582 on: April 14, 2022, 07:28:29 PM »
Yeah I don’t understand any of that thinking. I got taught the state’s rights stuff too
(A)pl(E)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #5583 on: April 14, 2022, 07:56:37 PM »
Basketball shoes are too crazy. They should all go back to wearing blazers.

Also (I won't post it in the actual thread because it will just be taken as a purposely shit take) it wouldn't suprise me if like crob, Kelly, eldy etc were actually that checked out that they thought oblows story was real. They seem like guys who spent most of their lives focused on their own little bubble and didn't pay attention to much of anything else.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 09:25:24 PM by Mean salto »

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #5584 on: April 15, 2022, 12:21:29 AM »
Can a movie studio pay to make one of their films a trending topic? Because I keep seeing this Marky Mark priest movie show up in my trending topics and that shit looks vanilla as fuck, like shit nobody would talk about.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #5585 on: April 15, 2022, 04:46:36 AM »
Why does the right care so much about banning LGBTQ+ books but no one talks about banning Mein Kampf? Hitler's book was worth the most points for the Scholastic book competition, where we would read books and take ten-question quizzes to score points, which we could redeem for junk food and other shit. The other books with the highest points were Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead [by Ayn Rand] and LOTR books. I didn't read any of those, but took the quizzes so I could beat everyone else.

My eighth-grade history teacher, who was from the south, told my class that the Civil War was really about state rights, and not slavery. My eleventh-grade history teacher said that slavery wasn't all bad, it was exaggerated by the Union, and that, "Black people were treated like dogs and were a part of their family." I wish I called him out on it. After the election, he surveyed the class, asking who would have voted for Obama, if they could vote, and gave everyone who raised their hands candy. He was also one of the most popular teachers in the school too. Kids liked these teachers, but I thought they were trash.

I hated my experience with the public school system. Reflecting on my time made me understand why people from that area were, and still are, pieces of shit. Anyone from that high school, except for one or two guys, that I ever hung out with, would at some point, go off on racist rants about Black people. It would be while smoking a bowl or having a couple shots. I really wish I would have told them to get the fuck out of my house, instead of ignoring that shit like Chris Roberts. Not saying anything is as bad as agreeing with them. They would also weirdly brag about: having big dicks, their sexual encounters, and using magnums, but had such a big problem with women who hook up with Black guys.

Tldr after the first two sentences but mein kampf is banned in Germany  and i think in Switzerland and Austria and so on aswell.

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #5586 on: April 15, 2022, 08:03:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
will my puppy eventually catch a crow?

why do people do a terrible job raising children (I understand generational trauma. I work with families etc. I'm just bent about it)

why do certain drugs need to be so damn addictive?
[close]
What sort of dog, why do you want it to catch a crow?
Why does anything have to be addictive. At least drugs are cool I'm addicted to sugar and salt
[close]

I don't want it to catch a crow, no freakin way, man. where I live crows and ravens are the primary birds. they're all over the yard and fence. she went chasing after one today for the first time. She is a 14 week German Shepherd, Husky, Akita mix. Super sweet puppy
[close]
That's got to be a beautiful dog. Pics or it didn't happen.

I always feel conflicted when my dog kills stuff. It’s her nature in a way I don’t think I can understand as a modern human, but I still feel guilty.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5587 on: April 15, 2022, 06:01:37 PM »
how americans think other countries' populations are heavily propagandized, which is true, but often fail to realize how propagandized they are themselves. hollywood, sports, corporate media, silicon valley - it's all heavily influenced if not completely controlled by the government and constantly pumps out propaganda.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5588 on: April 16, 2022, 10:29:26 PM »
What would I have been like if I was super good at skateboarding? What kind of persona would I have in the skate media?

Like, would having the cushion of having people being nice to me and wanting to be my friend cause I was good at skateboarding gone straight to my head? Would I have been "myself" more often without having to care about the insanely harsh rules of our no rules little subculture that come with harsher consequences for those of us who kind of suck? Would I have been a complete kook? Would I have been more likely to tell a few of the dudes who were super good in my scene that they were complete pieces of shit rather than (sometimes) feeling like they could walk over me?

I'm kind of glad I was pretty average at skateboarding, but I do wonder what things would have been like if I was as good as some of my friends. Would I have done better or worse with their talent?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5589 on: April 16, 2022, 10:42:33 PM »
What would I have been like if I was super good at skateboarding? What kind of persona would I have in the skate media?

Like, would having the cushion of having people being nice to me and wanting to be my friend cause I was good at skateboarding gone straight to my head? Would I have been "myself" more often without having to care about the insanely harsh rules of our no rules little subculture that come with harsher consequences for those of us who kind of suck? Would I have been a complete kook? Would I have been more likely to tell a few of the dudes who were super good in my scene that they were complete pieces of shit rather than (sometimes) feeling like they could walk over me?

I'm kind of glad I was pretty average at skateboarding, but I do wonder what things would have been like if I was as good as some of my friends. Would I have done better or worse with their talent?
How good is super good? I might of been the same but I was kinda (full dickhead thing to say) wish I was a few notches less good in my peak. Every now and then I'll see my old really good friends on social and it seems like it was a total waste of their 16-30 years of their lives.

Skibb

• Rep: 68
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5591 on: April 17, 2022, 09:16:55 AM »
In around 1990 skaters should of invented another stance. It would be fakie but called something completely different. Then there's be no confusion between all the trick names when going fakie. The term fakie would still be used for pivot to fakie etc and it would also get rid of the inevitable hassle when someone does say a switch lipslide to fakie and it's always like "what do you mean switch to fakie?do you mean switch to regular or back to switch?"
(Just for the record I'm someone who does know how the fakie terminology works)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #5592 on: April 17, 2022, 10:47:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
How good is super good? I might of been the same but I was kinda (full dickhead thing to say) wish I was a few notches less good in my peak. Every now and then I'll see my old really good friends on social and it seems like it was a total waste of their 16-30 years of their lives.

Let's say factory flow level good. Never going to make it full-on AM, but good enough to get into the van a couple times with the pros.

Having that level of talent comes with a lot of networking opportunities, chances to be "known," and the ability to worry about the "rules" of skateboarding less and still have people at the park, spot, shop kiss your ass/invite you on sessions and trips. For example, I've known a few people who have pretty terrible personalities, but people rationalized their shit behaviors away cause they were good skaters.

With that level talent:
Would my unfiltered personality have been SRH flat brim hats and other stupid shit? Would I have been an egotistical jerk?
Would I have gotten wrapped up in the moment and fucked up my life long term?
Or, would I have been able to take advantage of that position and done some cool stuff? 

At the pro level, damn that'd be hard to grow up in front of the camera. I'm glad most of the stupid shit I did in the past wasn't recorded or focused on for too long.

Why would you want to be less good? Just cause some of your buddies burned out early?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5593 on: April 17, 2022, 11:09:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Let's say factory flow level good. Never going to make it full-on AM, but good enough to get into the van a couple times with the pros.

Having that level of talent comes with a lot of networking opportunities, chances to be "known," and the ability to worry about the "rules" of skateboarding less and still have people at the park, spot, shop kiss your ass/invite you on sessions and trips. For example, I've known a few people who have pretty terrible personalities, but people rationalized their shit behaviors away cause they were good skaters.

With that level talent:
Would my unfiltered personality have been SRH flat brim hats and other stupid shit? Would I have been an egotistical jerk?
Or, would I have been able to take advantage of that position and done some cool stuff? 

At the pro level, damn that'd be hard to grow up in front of the camera. I'm glad most of the stupid shit I did in the past wasn't recorded or focused on for too long.

Why would you want to be less good? Just cause some of your buddies burned out early?
Well thinking about it now it wouldn't actually work. Guess I'm just thinking I shouldn't of pointlessly punished my body so much now I'm in my 30s and stuff hurts all the time lol. Wanting to be less good was a dumb thought I'd more wish I could of realised it wasn't the smartest thing to do and tried just have more fun. Like hey don't bother trying a trick down that big set of stairs all day. Your friends are going to easily do that trick and then ten way harder things. Just do a 180 and go sit down.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #5594 on: April 17, 2022, 01:06:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

With that level talent:

I cringe at the idea of there being interviews from when I was like 16-20 and all the kook shit I probably would've said

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #5595 on: April 17, 2022, 10:48:22 PM »
Imagine coming home after a long day of work and finding your couch absolutely covered with preying mantises. Like, crawling with them. Never mind how the fuck they got there in the first place, this is an omen. It means your girlfriend is going to try to kill you. But why? You've had a great few weeks since the trip to Colorado for her brother's wedding, winning Celtics tickets, and the decision to learn Spanish together. It must've been that "dog walker" girl you see leaving the house everyday who really works for a government agency that covertly installs implants in people. Your girlfriend has had false memories embedded in her brain of you cheating on her and slaughtering a horse. Such treachery. But what is the aim of this sinister plot? You're onto this "dog walker" girl now... you won't let her tear you apart.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 10:58:00 PM by Hedgehog In Da Fog »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5596 on: April 18, 2022, 09:46:09 PM »
Don't know how to fully put these thoughts in order so soz to anyone that reads it's gonna be a little waffly. The reason everyone is so kinda immature these days is because you always have to kind of rebel against the generation before. Even ignoring age it's more just about time. (I won't go thru every example I have been thinking of) basically when I started highschool in 99 (highschool is 7-12 gradein Aus) it's like ok no more kiddy shit. Always act grown up now. And this just progressed. I even remember like telling girls I was seeing I'm gonna watch the dark knight and them being like "wtf why would you go see batman? That shits for kids" and even like the clothes we went from kinda how skaters dress now all the way thru to Dylan. It felt like it was getting more mature into adulthood.
Now it's so jarring for me to see people completely comic book, star wars, marvel movied out as adults or in skating like dressing what I think a 13 year old dresses like. GH to me seems like a 7th grader but dudes like the age people in my generation would have careers and start familes.
Can't even think what my exact point is lol but it's like the man children thing is a direct rebellion against the "cool"generation (even tho there's millions of man children way older than me) lol

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #5597 on: April 19, 2022, 02:03:30 PM »
Do shops who cancel ShopPay orders do it because the products are in-store only or because taxes weren't collected? It's only happened with Hockey boards while using ShopPay.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5598 on: April 21, 2022, 11:01:29 PM »
Why do they still only put one or two electric outlets in rooms in new houses. Every room should have at least six on every wall. Even in the 80s it wasn't enough if you had a lamp, clock and fan. Now we have a hundred things we need plugged in at various times.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5599 on: April 23, 2022, 11:30:02 PM »
It’s weird that t funk’s China banks ollie wasn’t in the quartersnacks weekly top 10.  Do they have some sort of personal beef with him? 

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5600 on: April 24, 2022, 12:05:47 AM »
Just to add to T-Funk China bank Ollie ender ponderings. Is it the perfect ender? There's stuff like Andrew Reynolds stay gold and Milton carwash where it's a kickflip but then they quickly just turned into spots where ten more people come up with other tricks.
China banks Ollie is something pretty much every skater knows and has imagined and now someone's actually done it. And hopefully nobody else trys. Chima's Martin place double set Ollie is the only other thing like this I can think of off the top of my head.
Not that an ender has to just be a raw stunt. I just also think of things like Koston 3 flip noseblunt or guys switch 3 flip nosegrind specifically I remember telling a friend about it then months later he saw it and was so pissed off. theres no middle ground Ollie the long bench is exactly what you imagine it to be.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #5601 on: April 25, 2022, 12:27:36 PM »
How beautiful this switch varial heel on flat is at 1:35 and how much I love this part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycTbETP7FY

Irvine-Sucks.com

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5602 on: April 29, 2022, 01:29:18 AM »
Could the tunic ever come back into style. Most fashions loop around in 7,15,30 ish year cycles but the tunics been out for about 850 years. Where I live has ok range of cultures and it's really not unusual to see Pacific Islander men walking around in skirt like garb or Muslims wearing what look like extra long tall tees. I think Indonesians often don't wear long pants under so often you see people going about their day in what looks a eboneza Scrooge style night shirt. Not too long ago the fashion for blokes was even stubbies/rugby shorts with like a 5xl tank top. We were basically right at the cusp of tunic but it didn't happen. Plus people like Zelda right?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #5603 on: May 01, 2022, 10:08:43 PM »
the phelps quote about skateboarding not owing you shit. then he immediately proceeds to say it owes you wheelbite in the rain. so it does owe you something.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #5604 on: May 02, 2022, 09:20:00 AM »
accumulative number of stairs ollied worldwide by all skaters in the last 50 years.

#blessed

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5605 on: May 02, 2022, 10:18:43 AM »
Who the fuck is still watching the walking dead? its like 300 episodes in and is still the exact same shit. I watched it for way longer than any normal person should of and could probably only name like six characters if I really had to. its just a soap for dorks.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5606 on: May 05, 2022, 05:58:18 PM »
Has anyone in the history of human civilization been less funny than Trevor Noah?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5607 on: May 06, 2022, 11:38:44 AM »

This is a close up of me preparing for crook pop out on a tight squeeze flat bar. I pressed it into a wall for support because I hate this shotgun style double round rail.
Pressing into a wall made it so I can hit it on its side so it’s just a regular round rail slightly up hill.

I have been noticing how much I been relying on ocd hand gestures to crook. If you look close I’m using my back hand like a sight on the end of a gun barrel.
If I don’t do this motion before all front truck grinds I will probably fail or feel unfulfilled upon landing.

Do you have any ocd skate thinking that you’d like to share?
(A)pl(E)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5608 on: May 07, 2022, 05:38:05 AM »

This is a close up of me preparing for crook pop out on a tight squeeze flat bar. I pressed it into a wall for support because I hate this shotgun style double round rail.
Pressing into a wall made it so I can hit it on its side so it’s just a regular round rail slightly up hill.

I have been noticing how much I been relying on ocd hand gestures to crook. If you look close I’m using my back hand like a sight on the end of a gun barrel.
If I don’t do this motion before all front truck grinds I will probably fail or feel unfulfilled upon landing.

Do you have any ocd skate thinking that you’d like to share?
Don't really want to use ocd label for myself altho talking to my parents there was def stuff from when I was a kid but my parents were of a time and culture where they were just like yeah that's not a thing. He doesn't need special treatment or medicine for this bullshit he can just be wierd. And there's a pattern of it getting considerably better as I get older but for me it's about routines/ order. So say I wanted to kickflip 5-0 a ledge well first I have to 5050 then 5-0 then kickflip 5050 then I can do the kickflip 5-0. Not so much a problem anymore tho (probably because I rarely do anything hard anymore lol)

Not to go too far off topic (it's a little related) I wonder if when skaters talk about blacking out and landing a trick if they ever played sports. When i used to play soccer and football it was the only real time my brain would shut off and I could just do stuff not worrying about the order etc I never got it skating sober and it never worked for me in training for sports etc it had to be a game.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #5609 on: May 07, 2022, 04:43:58 PM »
"So many Black Lives Matter flags in unaffordable apartments where Black family homes used to be."