Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 385375 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #2520 on: May 27, 2022, 03:02:55 AM »
Expand Quote
The pentaverate. (Not saying it's great, just saying it doesn't suck)
Ok so at first I was like oh this sucks it's just Mike Myers doing all his usual Mike Myers stuff. But then it's like actually yeah why not. Compared to the utter garbage Adam Sandler and co have been making it's actually decent. I'm not dieing laughing or anything(it's not exactly my sense of humour, feels like it's aimed at people a probably in their 40s who grew up with 90s Mike Myers) but at least it's actually trying to make a decent amount of jokes. My usual criticism of Netflix applies tho every series should of just been half the amount of episodes or been a movie
[close]

I binged it and I actually laughed a lot.

Strange question, but did you also have the feeling you had to "adjust" to this kind of comedy again?
I almost looked around and asked "it's ok to laugh with this right?"

And I agree that it could have been a movie.

Still enjoyed it though :-)
I can't remember feeling like anything was particularly off like I shouldn't be laughing at this. Maybe sometimes it might of been a bit of a cheap shot boomer joke but I can't remember anything specific. My attitudes on comedy are pretty relaxed tho.

Yu Dum

« Reply #2521 on: May 27, 2022, 07:11:22 AM »
Watched a documentary named "Fantastic Fungi" with my partner last night. Absolutely wonderful and opened my eyes to the deeper medicinal properties that mushrooms could provide. Highly recommend if you're looking for a light watch; only about an hour an twenty minutes.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #2522 on: May 29, 2022, 05:03:56 PM »
Blew through the fist half of Stranger Things season 4 over the weekend, and I gotta say, I liked it.  I really couldn’t stand the last 2 seasons and was kind of dreading watching this one, but I really enjoyed it.  Maybe it was the multiple references to Fulci’s “The Beyond”, or the liberal use of Kate Bush.  I hope it ends on a high note. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2523 on: May 31, 2022, 06:45:31 AM »
Blew through the fist half of Stranger Things season 4 over the weekend, and I gotta say, I liked it.  I really couldn’t stand the last 2 seasons and was kind of dreading watching this one, but I really enjoyed it.  Maybe it was the multiple references to Fulci’s “The Beyond”, or the liberal use of Kate Bush.  I hope it ends on a high note. 
Season 2 was bad, 3 was better because it got a little more adult.

This season is straight fire son. That episode with the Kate Bush sequence, the sequence was actually really good even with heavy cgi.
That episode also managed to have one of the best shootout scenes I've seen in any media and they did it all in one shot just to show their talent.

From someone who really was skeptical, ST is probably one of the best produced series/tv shows of all time. Top to bottom.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2524 on: May 31, 2022, 07:25:22 AM »
Bash Brothers Experience

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2525 on: May 31, 2022, 04:44:18 PM »
If you watch Jackass 4.5 on Netflix you get to see Nick Merlino’s cock flopping around while he runs naked down a hill in slow motion.

pro club blanks

« Reply #2526 on: May 31, 2022, 05:21:18 PM »
The chip and dale movie on disney plus is way better than it has any business being

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2527 on: May 31, 2022, 05:29:48 PM »
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is sick. season one is meh, but it picks up fast
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2528 on: May 31, 2022, 07:48:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This season is straight fire son. That episode with the Kate Bush sequence, the sequence was actually really good even with heavy cgi.
That episode also managed to have one of the best shootout scenes I've seen in any media and they did it all in one shot just to show their talent.

From someone who really was skeptical, ST is probably one of the best produced series/tv shows of all time. Top to bottom.
It was clear watching season 4 that that's where all of Netflix money goes. It's about a thousand times better than all their other shoes combined. Feels like they maybe did more than one draft writing. Altho splitting up a season....geht fukt

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2529 on: May 31, 2022, 08:51:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It was clear watching season 4 that that's where all of Netflix money goes. It's about a thousand times better than all their other shoes combined. Feels like they maybe did more than one draft writing. Altho splitting up a season....geht fukt

I'm just happy that "bald eagle" Murray Bauman is back.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2530 on: May 31, 2022, 10:10:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I have no reason to think this and I'm not even gonna look it up, but I almost get the opposite sense that they are more hands off. I think the music and style was very original at the time, especially that title theme. I remember seeing just memes in the font not even knowing about the show. Watched just the intro credits and was like, got damn! That's exactly the tone and feel I love in movies and music.. and I'm a picky bastard.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2531 on: June 01, 2022, 08:58:17 AM »
I really dug season 1 ST, but 2&3 dragged ass, 3 especially. I tried episode 1 season 4, and it was better than anything from season 3. Still not sure I want to invest time/brain space

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #2532 on: June 01, 2022, 10:52:24 AM »
I really dug season 1 ST, but 2&3 dragged ass, 3 especially. I tried episode 1 season 4, and it was better than anything from season 3. Still not sure I want to invest time/brain space

it’s worth it. the ending was unexpected.

also just started the sex pistols show on hulu, shits so good so far. all the actors played the band perfectly

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #2533 on: June 02, 2022, 12:51:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

MY FINGERS ARE LIKE ARROWS 

I’m in love with this show lmfao, I’ve enjoyed every season but this new one is by far my favorite. It’s so fucking scary and I’m actually worried about who is going to die.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #2534 on: June 02, 2022, 01:00:52 PM »
Not Netflix, but "George Carlin's American Dream" on HBO Max is an excellent watch for any Carlin fans.

I read all his books, and his I listened to his specials on my iPod while driving before podcasts were a thing, so it was a fascinating docuseries for me. Really interesting/sad learning more about his personal life.

Highly recommend, especially part two.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2535 on: June 03, 2022, 08:00:47 AM »
i've loved all of the seasons of Stranger Things, but i see what everyone is saying about this new season--it's palpably heavier (everyone's older of course, but it's also moving into an especially crazy time in American/world history) and in addition to what people have said above about being worried for characters' lives, how the fuck did they manage to make a small group of high-school athletes so fucking ominous?

seriously though, last night i just finished episode 4 ("Dear Billy"), and it completelyknocked me on my ass--the Kate Bush song and Max fighting/running for her life was the most beautiful and gnarly moment in the whole series to date...one man's opinion...

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2536 on: June 03, 2022, 10:46:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That shoot out was crazy good. Felt massively real.

In DnD lore, Vecna is killed by a vampire and someone just got bitten by a bat whilst in the Upside Down, so...maybe there's something there. Maybe not.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2537 on: June 03, 2022, 09:12:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Finally watched it. That Kate Bush scene (its used multiple times, but everyone knows which one I'm talking about) was amazing. Although, whenever I hear that song I immediately think of Nick Jensen's part in 11th hour.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #2538 on: June 04, 2022, 12:46:32 PM »
Not Netflix but the Navalny documentary is quite impressive.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2539 on: June 04, 2022, 09:36:57 PM »
Those last few episodes of Shameless were top shelf TV. Watched that show on and off for it's whole run and it's often come pretty close to home. sometimes too much, sometimes I was just over it. damn, these last episodes were good stuff.

$$LESH

• Rep: 164
« Reply #2540 on: June 05, 2022, 12:13:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Finally watched it. That Kate Bush scene (its used multiple times, but everyone knows which one I'm talking about) was amazing. Although, whenever I hear that song I immediately think of Nick Jensen's part in 11th hour.

honestly that’s the best scene in anything i’ve ever watched, it’s so heavy. not afraid to admit that it makes me tear up every time i watch it. the duffer brothers are fuckin genius

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2541 on: June 05, 2022, 09:25:04 AM »
season 4 is really dope so far now that the kids are older and if watched prior seasons the gore level was upped and enjoyed the gulag references every hopper scene was my fav.   I will say they do overuse people saying shit all the time kind of annoying, i get the kate bush reference, but really dont like her singing…kind of ruined the scene for me a bit

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2542 on: June 05, 2022, 09:34:12 AM »
You don't like Kate Bush? It's not the scene but the rest of your life that's ruined.

Don't know if on Netflix in whatever countries but British comedy "the witchfinder" only 6 20ish min eps won't die laughing but enjoyable if you're a bit of a nerd. Tim key (from various Alan Partridge shows) daisy may Cooper (this country) and a ton of other British comedy actor cameos.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #2543 on: June 05, 2022, 04:51:28 PM »
Stranger Things never disappoints

Finally watched The Harder They Fall. Westerns along with heist movies never get old. Fantastic music with plenty of action. Cherokee Bill my favorite. Loved his calm demeanor

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2544 on: June 05, 2022, 05:25:41 PM »
You don't like Kate Bush? It's not the scene but the rest of your life that's ruined.

her music is not in my skate videos

…New season of the boys is good so far

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #2545 on: June 07, 2022, 02:31:50 AM »
yeah The Boys is fucking diabolical as always

lamfordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2546 on: June 07, 2022, 07:06:30 PM »
Anyone else watching thr Sex Pistols show on Hulu. Really cool show about the band.

YawnJawns

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2547 on: June 08, 2022, 12:40:38 AM »
Start a free trial on Apple Plus if you don't have it and binge Severance.

Captivating show.

Prime example of ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #2548 on: June 08, 2022, 01:59:38 AM »
Anyone else watching thr Sex Pistols show on Hulu. Really cool show about the band.

I had no idea Steve jones and chrissie hynde knew each other let alone…

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #2549 on: June 24, 2022, 05:57:09 AM »
The Bear on Hulu got me binge watching like I'm back in college and I have an essay to write
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead