Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 386042 times)

AsianVegan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #2550 on: June 26, 2022, 11:03:01 PM »
The Bear on Hulu got me binge watching like I'm back in college and I have an essay to write

Was just gonna mention this - 2 Eps in and it seems great.

Also The Old Man with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow is tight too.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2551 on: June 27, 2022, 12:22:54 AM »
Dark Winds on AMC.   Indian Rez detective story

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #2552 on: June 27, 2022, 03:03:42 AM »
HBO/Foxtel/binge Westworld season 4 started today. It was totally acceptable. One scene was really dark hard to see what was happening (like that game of thrones battle episode) but I didn't watch in HD.  Altho I could not remember what happened in season 3 at all.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2553 on: June 27, 2022, 03:56:53 AM »
I can’t reveal its name due to signing an NDA but there’s a Netflix movie coming at the end of July that’s a fuck ton of action movie fun and should have been in theaters, esp considering the main actors

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2554 on: June 27, 2022, 09:29:16 AM »
this doc was good

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #2555 on: June 27, 2022, 09:44:19 PM »
Its on Hulu but I'm hooked deep into Letterkenny.  I've gone through the first 7 seasons in 3 days. The dialogue is very distinctive and its probably a lot funnier if you've spent some time in bumfuck Ontario, so I'm going to guess some people will absolutely hate it but the characters and one-liners are so ridiculous that I can't help but crack up.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #2556 on: June 28, 2022, 08:03:41 PM »
finished the queen's gambit today. I didn't love it but the plot was interesting enough to keep me watching.
Really enjoyed the Queens Gambit. 1 season is perfect for the story to be told

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2557 on: June 29, 2022, 09:54:56 AM »
Really think I had my fill of super hero stuff (actually been thinking it nearly ten years but keep coming back) newest umbrella academy was pretty meh but started watching swamp thing and it seems like it could have potential. I'm only two EPs in but it at least looks cool.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2558 on: June 29, 2022, 01:45:30 PM »
Really think I had my fill of super hero stuff (actually been thinking it nearly ten years but keep coming back) newest umbrella academy was pretty meh but started watching swamp thing and it seems like it could have potential. I'm only two EPs in but it at least looks cool.

Swamp thing was rad, but it sucks they had to end the series 3 eps early because they lost their rebate to shoot in that state.  I don’t think it affects the final product noticeably, but it’s a shame that the show was cursed by that and by being on that weird DC streaming service

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2559 on: July 10, 2022, 09:49:25 PM »
Stranger Things never disappoints

ok my mind is blown .. robins parents are ethan hawke and uma thurman!
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #2560 on: July 11, 2022, 09:40:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was sorta let down by the end fight with 01 and 11

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2561 on: July 11, 2022, 10:11:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i agree...after digging pretty much all of the series thus far, the ending of this season seems pretty ham-handed and greedy...whatever, i get it, it's popular, so of course they want to set up a new season, but they left it in a pretty corny place with hell basically seeping up through the ground and all...maybe i just need to watch that last long-ass episode again...

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2562 on: July 11, 2022, 10:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i agree...after digging pretty much all of the series thus far, the ending of this season seems pretty ham-handed and greedy...whatever, i get it, it's popular, so of course they want to set up a new season, but they left it in a pretty corny place with hell basically seeping up through the ground and all...maybe i just need to watch that last long-ass episode again...
Hard to do anything real good with so many characters. Big chunks where people aren't doing anything/ what they did do seemed kinda pointless. Also I kinda hate when people nit pick fantasy shows but whatever, see how fucking broken that max girls limbs were. No way they were fixing that shit in the 80s.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2563 on: July 11, 2022, 11:29:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Hard to do anything real good with so many characters. Big chunks where people aren't doing anything/ what they did do seemed kinda pointless. Also I kinda hate when people nit pick fantasy shows but whatever, see how fucking broken that max girls limbs were. No way they were fixing that shit in the 80s.

they played up 11's training too much like she was going to do some next level shit to 01, but I get it, are they going with game of throne style endings...

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2564 on: July 11, 2022, 11:56:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, Max surviving all of that is another funny narrative move...curious where they're going there.....hey, regardless of what i say here, they'll get at least one more season of attention out of me, unless the first few episodes of the next season are like later-Walking-Dead shitty...

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2565 on: July 12, 2022, 07:10:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

yeah, Max surviving all of that is another funny narrative move...curious where they're going there.....hey, regardless of what i say here, they'll get at least one more season of attention out of me, unless the first few episodes of the next season are like later-Walking-Dead shitty...

I wasn't feeling Season 4 at first, but I definitely got into it when I rewatched volume 1 right before they premiered volume 2. Murray Bauman is by far my favorite character on the show and I was a bit disappointed that he didn't play a larger role but hopefully next season. A spinoff with a Murray and gun loving Nancy Wheeler as bounty hunters in the 1990s would be pretty awesome.

newguy

« Reply #2566 on: July 13, 2022, 02:30:28 AM »
I dropped out 15 mins in the first episode, actually fell asleep. Idk why but the stranger things magic is completely gone

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #2567 on: July 14, 2022, 09:15:21 AM »
Its on Hulu but I'm hooked deep into Letterkenny.  I've gone through the first 7 seasons in 3 days. The dialogue is very distinctive and its probably a lot funnier if you've spent some time in bumfuck Ontario, so I'm going to guess some people will absolutely hate it but the characters and one-liners are so ridiculous that I can't help but crack up.

if you’re into hockey they just did a spin off show of shorsey. turns out it was always jared keeso playing him. it’s only 6 episodes but it’s funny as shit

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #2568 on: July 14, 2022, 02:24:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you’re into hockey they just did a spin off show of shorsey. turns out it was always jared keeso playing him. it’s only 6 episodes but it’s funny as shit

I already watched it all haha. I might actually like it better than Letterkenny, at least so far. Hopefully they drop some new episodes soon, I'm hooked. My fucking internal monologue has taken on a thick rural ontario accent.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #2569 on: July 14, 2022, 02:32:18 PM »
Drive to Survive is dope, rekindled my love for F1 and got my wife interested in the sport. Last Sunday we watched the Grand Prix together, something I would not have thought we‘d be ever doing.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2570 on: July 14, 2022, 04:31:28 PM »
Drive to Survive is dope, rekindled my love for F1 and got my wife interested in the sport. Last Sunday we watched the Grand Prix together, something I would not have thought we‘d be ever doing.

first two seasons are okay after that they trainwreck season 3 and 4, get races wrong, and created drama that wasnt real

austrian gran prix was good this last weekend...british gran prix was a good watch too

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #2571 on: July 14, 2022, 10:43:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

first two seasons are okay after that they trainwreck season 3 and 4, get races wrong, and created drama that wasnt real

austrian gran prix was good this last weekend...british gran prix was a good watch too

I never assumed everything was real, it is obvious some stuff is staged, scripted or dramatized.

Yes it‘s great that there are a few teams and drivers competing on the same level at the moment.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #2572 on: July 20, 2022, 08:58:17 AM »
Been watching that Keep Sweet, Pray, and Obey documentary on Netflix. I knew the FLDS was a fucking cult and had some dark secrets, but I never knew it was to this extent. It's absolutely insane to think that this was going on very recently.
Warren Jeffs is a true monster in every sense of the word.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2573 on: July 20, 2022, 10:11:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I wasn't feeling Season 4 at first, but I definitely got into it when I rewatched volume 1 right before they premiered volume 2. Murray Bauman is by far my favorite character on the show and I was a bit disappointed that he didn't play a larger role but hopefully next season. A spinoff with a Murray and gun loving Nancy Wheeler as bounty hunters in the 1990s would be pretty awesome.

yes to all of this...and this shit was funny

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #2574 on: July 20, 2022, 01:45:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I had never heard of her until season 3. After seeing her in that, I had to look her up because I was confused how someone could be so attractive and of course her parents are who they are lol

I actually really enjoyed part one of season 4. It felt like they ramped up the horror aspect and did some great building on the characters. They did a great job in making you really care about them, which is something that the original season of Stranger Things was really good at.

I'm a little more mixed about part two of season 4. I think they started to do too much with those two episodes. Like when the doctor traps El in that shock collar and stops her from leaving, only to completely switch course in the next scene when the feds show up. But I'm super glad they didn't kill Max. She's become one of my favorite characters and tbh I would've been heartbroken to see her die after everything she's gone through. I'm pretty stoked for the fifth season, which I think is supposed to be the last one.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2575 on: July 21, 2022, 12:30:26 AM »
Ok - I personally loved Gray Man (saw a screening a month ago) coming Friday.   It’s not revolutionary by any metric, but I thought it was a gd fun action movie and I’m a sucker for gosling

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #2576 on: July 24, 2022, 11:08:17 AM »
Ok - I personally loved Gray Man (saw a screening a month ago) coming Friday.   It’s not revolutionary by any metric, but I thought it was a gd fun action movie and I’m a sucker for gosling

Sometimes when my fried Dad brain just wants to relax at the end of the day, something like this is exactly what I want. Just over the top action/fun. Watched it last night and it was just what I expected/hoped for. Nothing amazing, but had a lot of fun watching it. And I love Gosling as well in anything.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2577 on: July 24, 2022, 01:36:54 PM »
i dug The Gray Man too...and Lloyd's knife work in their last fight was brutal as shit

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2578 on: July 24, 2022, 02:27:14 PM »
I just went through my 2nd rewatch of breaking bad

Gonna rewatch el camino and gray man tonight

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2579 on: July 24, 2022, 02:30:26 PM »
Hell yeah! 

This is the year of leading men moustaches (Miles Teller, Chris Evans, and a few upcoming ones I forget)

Nothing holds a candle to Henry Cavills Mission Impossible tache though