Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383018 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #2580 on: July 24, 2022, 02:32:02 PM »
I just went through my 2nd rewatch of breaking bad

Gonna rewatch el camino and gray man tonight

Better Call Saul has caught up to Breaking Bad.  Only a few eps left.   Equal quality (same same but different) to BB, though I have no opinion on the weird animated Lil Jimmy show

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #2581 on: July 24, 2022, 02:35:00 PM »
Expand Quote
I just went through my 2nd rewatch of breaking bad

Gonna rewatch el camino and gray man tonight
[close]

Its been really good forgot the first two seasons
Better Call Saul has caught up to Breaking Bad.  Only a few eps left.   Equal quality (same same but different) to BB, though I have no opinion on the weird animated Lil Jimmy show

Yea been sober for a while and watched them drunk / buzzed …im gonna rewatch better call saul next week loved the last season and forgot a bunch about the salamancas

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #2582 on: July 25, 2022, 06:16:23 AM »
Watching the third season of Atlanta (from the pirate bay so not sure if on Netflix or not). The excellence continues unabated, every single episode is unsettling and thought-provoking in its own way. Highly recommended.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2583 on: July 25, 2022, 09:06:23 PM »
Has anyone been watching the Anarchists doc series on HBO?   Surprised there isn’t it’s own thread considering

nico_suave

• Rep: 15
« Reply #2584 on: July 26, 2022, 12:12:58 AM »
Has anyone been watching the Anarchists doc series on HBO?   Surprised there isn’t it’s own thread considering

That show is wild. I can't look away. Also makes me chuckle because I watched that sex pistols show on hulu, and from them yammering about anarchy to anarchy now. I bet Mr.Lydon is angry he isn't getting any credit from the anarchy now.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2585 on: July 26, 2022, 01:02:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That show is wild. I can't look away. Also makes me chuckle because I watched that sex pistols show on hulu, and from them yammering about anarchy to anarchy now. I bet Mr.Lydon is angry he isn't getting any credit from the anarchy now.

That dork who named his daughter Irebel (“get it?  get it?  I Rebel”) is my favorite tv villain

nico_suave

• Rep: 15
« Reply #2586 on: July 26, 2022, 12:21:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That dork who named his daughter Irebel (“get it?  get it?  I Rebel”) is my favorite tv villain

@Atiba Applebum
Ha! There is a lot going on in that show, and it's only on episode 3? Kind of forgot about Irebel, that poor girl, I see a name change in her future hopefully.

The retired Marine is pretty comedy too, such an idiot. Everything people ask him to do he disregards/fucks it up, badly. Nothing says anarchy more than using Facebook. Total shit-show and I'm kind of hooked. The last episode was kind of gnar at the end, holy fuck.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #2587 on: July 26, 2022, 01:41:00 PM »
Watching the third season of Atlanta (from the pirate bay so not sure if on Netflix or not). The excellence continues unabated, every single episode is unsettling and thought-provoking in its own way. Highly recommended.

I'm mixed on this like this season as much. I love the weird twilight zone black mirror shit they do, but i wish that was a different show and they devoted all their time to the main cast. Like, the weird shit with the lesbian couple adopting that kid. That was great, but I still rather see more stuff like Van with the Baguette or that stolen phone episode.

It's on Hulu BTW

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2588 on: July 26, 2022, 01:43:18 PM »
Season 4 of Atlanta is coming out in a month.   Weird thst they’re wrapping it up in one year but I guess Donald has to go focus on his Mr and Mrs Smith show for Amazon

fergus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2589 on: July 26, 2022, 04:18:01 PM »
Is anybody watching the new Nathan Fielder show? Watched the first two episodes last night it's amazing.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #2590 on: July 27, 2022, 02:03:04 AM »
Is anybody watching the new Nathan Fielder show? Watched the first two episodes last night it's amazing.

The fact that Nathan Fielder has chosen to waste his undeniable genius to make a tv show which essentially aims to put on display how people can act somewhat odd is utterly insane. I love it.

I honestly think he might be the genius of this period in time, equivalent to the great thinkers of other eras such as Socrates, or Einstein, or Da Vinci, and I don't mean that hyperbolically. His brain is working differently. Every twist and turn is so absolutely absurd.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2591 on: July 27, 2022, 02:06:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The fact that Nathan Fielder has chosen to waste his undeniable genius to make a tv show which essentially aims to put on display how people can act somewhat odd is utterly insane. I love it.

I honestly think he might be the genius of this period in time, equivalent to the great thinkers of other eras such as Socrates, or Einstein, or Da Vinci, and I don't mean that hyperbolically. His brain is working differently. Every twist and turn is so absolutely absurd.

I just want to follow the numbers guy and his relationship with his roommate

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #2592 on: August 03, 2022, 11:25:10 AM »
Just finished all 3 episodes last night^

loved it. yeah numbers guy is a mess, kinda freaky

Johnny Lawrence

• Rep: 39
  • No Mercy

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #2594 on: August 03, 2022, 12:26:42 PM »
Digging "The Bear," "Hacks" and the new, excellent (imo) season of "Westworld."

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2595 on: August 03, 2022, 09:27:05 PM »

Agree def on Westworld.  They def got me with that twist from a few eps back

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #2596 on: August 03, 2022, 09:36:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree def on Westworld.  They def got me with that twist from a few eps back
My main prob with westworld is I'm trying to figure it out the entire time. Since the first season when I was like this doesn't make sense sometimes people get shot and sometimes they don't. Sometimes the robots are full robots sometimes they're like blood etc like people and thought maybe it was two different timelines now I'm always looking for the (usually time related or someone's actually a robot) twist. Still really like the show even tho a lot of people hate it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2597 on: August 06, 2022, 03:52:27 AM »
Trainwreck:woodstock99
I think it's old but just came on nextflix here. It's everything shitty about (let's face it mostly white middle-class) people and especially people in 99. I think I was in 7th grade and its just reminding me of how fucked everyone was growing up lol

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #2598 on: August 06, 2022, 08:15:23 AM »
I think it's old but just came on nextflix here. It's everything shitty about (let's face it mostly white middle-class) people and especially people in 99. I think I was in 7th grade and its just reminding me of how fucked everyone was growing up lol
Surprised how concert promoters just let the event continue day after day without implementing any type of changes. You can just tell John Scher super slimy. Definitely a case study for bro mob mentality. After math pictures grim, looks like war. Kind of silly how some blamed the type of music. Ozzfest happening every year around that time with more aggressive bands. Woodstock organizers just went cheap as possible with security & infrastructure for almost half a million people

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #2599 on: August 06, 2022, 08:46:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Surprised how concert promoters just let the event continue day after day without implementing any type of changes. You can just tell John Scher super slimy. Definitely a case study for bro mob mentality. After math pictures grim, looks like war. Kind of silly how some blamed the type of music. Ozzfest happening every year around that time with more aggressive bands. Woodstock organizers just went cheap as possible with security & infrastructure for almost half a million people

Watched this last night. My friend went and ran out of money and didn’t have anything to drink for a full day. Look at the bands that were headlining this event: Korn, Kid Rock and Limp Biscuit. To try and condem the youth of 99’ based on this event is a bit of a stretch.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 09:03:00 AM by GardenSkater77 »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2600 on: August 06, 2022, 09:03:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Watched this last night. My friend went and ran out of money and didn’t have anything to drink for a full day. Look at the bands that were headlining this event: Korn, Kid Rock and Limp Biscuit. To try and condem the youth of 99’ based on this event is a bit of a stretch. It looked more like an episode of Naked and Afraid as opposed to a rock concert.
I think it's just what happens when you put a quarter million people in one area in a time when nobody was ever really being watched or got in trouble for anything. What's the phrase a person can be smart but people are stupid. Get a huge chunk of dumb meatheads together bad shits gonna happen. They'll never do this shit again.
It reminded me of something I think Trevor Moore(rip) said about it tho like theyre going after everyone for being so shitty to the women (which is obvs fair) but they got no problem now showing all these women nude, probably without any permission, all over their streaming service. Like realistically the people who consented to being naked at the time believed only people in their immediate proximity would see not be streamed in hd into millions of houses around the planet.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2601 on: August 06, 2022, 11:24:15 AM »

a bunch of filthy fucking suburban degenerates

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #2602 on: August 07, 2022, 07:31:22 AM »
Watched “Prey” (aka Predator 7).

It was ok. The leads were likable and the Predator managed to be somewhat grounded and intimidating. On the negative side, there’s no memorable dialogue, a few plot holes, and zero memorable dialogue.

I’d rank it like 4th best Predator movie.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2603 on: August 07, 2022, 08:34:47 AM »

It was ok. The leads were likable and the Predator managed to be somewhat grounded and intimidating. On the negative side, there’s no memorable dialogue, a few plot holes, and zero memorable dialogue.

Maybe it's just your memory...
What's your top 4?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #2604 on: August 07, 2022, 08:47:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Maybe it's just your memory...
What's your top 4?

Oof. Editing error or steak sandwich and a steak sandwich?

Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Prey, The Predator, AVP, AVP: Requiem.

To be fair, none are really “good” after the first one.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #2605 on: August 07, 2022, 10:07:59 AM »
You're all throwing me for a loop. I got excited thinking it was streaming on Netflix. I checked and there is a "Prey" movie, but reviews say it's trash and obviously not the Predator movie.

Irvine-Sucks.com

pro club blanks

« Reply #2606 on: August 07, 2022, 11:04:22 AM »
Reservation dogs is dope

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #2607 on: August 07, 2022, 02:20:01 PM »
You're all throwing me for a loop. I got excited thinking it was streaming on Netflix. I checked and there is a "Prey" movie, but reviews say it's trash and obviously not the Predator movie.

Prey is on Hulu.

Echoing others, I've been watching and enjoying the Bear.  The young female lead is such a boss!

I watched Black Bird on Apple TV and thought it was a medium solid watch.

Saw Nope in theaters and almost loved almost loved thinking about it the following week more than the actual movie.  Not a dig on it at all.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #2608 on: August 08, 2022, 01:06:49 AM »
Not on netflix, but the new movie from the predator series on hulu is amazing if you are into the aliens vs. predator world
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #2609 on: August 08, 2022, 01:07:41 AM »
Not on netflix, but the new movie from the predator series (called "Prey") on hulu is amazing if you are into the aliens vs. predator universe
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate