Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383468 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #600 on: April 26, 2015, 12:29:23 AM »
Netflix has single handedly gotten me back into Malcolm in the Middle. I remember watching it a lot when I was younger but I didn't really remember the episodes too well. Started binge watching it a few nights back and it's such a good show. Not sure if anyone else here digs it as much as I do, but seeing as how I grew up in a similar pretty dysfunctional family (granted, nowhere near as bad as Malcolms family), a lot of the jokes and plots for episodes are really easy to relate to.

no i have watched that multiple times, Hal is just so fucking funny

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #601 on: May 03, 2015, 01:13:33 AM »
Anyone checked out Chef's Table - it's shot by David Gelb (Jiro Dreams of Sushi) - some of it's pretty interesting if you're into food or high end restaurants etc. The Dan Barber episode was really interesting, he's got a good perspective on food as a whole.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #602 on: May 03, 2015, 06:43:44 AM »
do yourself a favor and watch this when you get a chance

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014) - Official Trailer [HD]

best movie i've seen in a long time
yes. very good
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #603 on: May 05, 2015, 06:18:23 AM »
"The world made straight" is an awesome movie as well. Kind of a gritty drama set in the NC mountains, weed farmers, drug dealers mixed with civil war history. Plus Minka Kelly who, although she plays a junkie in this, is incredibly hot. Amazing performances by the entire cast.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #604 on: May 05, 2015, 07:43:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Netflix has single handedly gotten me back into Malcolm in the Middle. I remember watching it a lot when I was younger but I didn't really remember the episodes too well. Started binge watching it a few nights back and it's such a good show. Not sure if anyone else here digs it as much as I do, but seeing as how I grew up in a similar pretty dysfunctional family (granted, nowhere near as bad as Malcolms family), a lot of the jokes and plots for episodes are really easy to relate to.
[close]

no i have watched that multiple times, Hal is just so fucking funny

loved that show. i really like the episode when they go back to when they first had kids and lived in the city in an all white super trendy house that got completely destroyed when the kids came.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #605 on: May 05, 2015, 08:20:42 AM »

Just finished this new Netflix original series Bloodline. I wasn't sure at first but halfway through the first episode I was hooked! I'd recommend at least giving it a shot.

I actually just started this show last night and I'm psyched to watch the rest of it. Will it only be one season?

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #606 on: May 05, 2015, 09:00:29 AM »
it got picked up for another season a few weeks ago
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #607 on: May 05, 2015, 09:02:11 AM »
"No-No", a documentary about Dock Ellis, Pirates pitcher who notoriously pitched a no hitter on acid. Also delves quite a bit into the late 60's/early 70's Pirates teams, for any baseball fans.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #608 on: May 06, 2015, 12:31:13 PM »
The act of killing.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #609 on: May 06, 2015, 11:43:24 PM »
i fucking hate how they are doing another full house season but still haven't gave us another season of arrested development

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #610 on: May 07, 2015, 07:56:47 AM »
i fucking hate how they are doing another full house season but still haven't gave us another season of arrested development

Was a second Netflix season ever in the plans? I thought it was one season of the show to build up to the movie? The more Arrested Development the better as far as I'm concerned.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #611 on: May 07, 2015, 09:56:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was a second Netflix season ever in the plans? I thought it was one season of the show to build up to the movie? The more Arrested Development the better as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, it's been announced, just not made yet.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #612 on: May 08, 2015, 09:50:51 PM »
chef's table is fucking incredible. my favorite thing i've watched in a long time.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #613 on: May 09, 2015, 03:43:07 PM »
watched a french movie about two lesbians. one had blue hair and big ol Titties. it was a good watch if you like tits.

shark tits

« Reply #614 on: May 09, 2015, 03:49:31 PM »
watched a french movie about two lesbians. one had blue hair and big ol Titties. it was a good watch if you like tits.
i luff tits! in my country tits are revered.
i seen a movie about an angry dwarf [who may have been played by pancho molar] who moves into a vacant train station in rural jersey [but he's from hoboken like pancho molar] and he makes out w/ patricia clarkson who's kinda rad in an 'older lady i'd like to bang soon before she dies' sorta way and he's got a peurto rican buddy w/ a lunch truck. the dwarf is one of those idiot rail fans who don't hop trains but just sorta obsess over them but he's got a real smart haircut and a neat way of talking. everyone wants a piece of the dwarf and understandably, he's the dwarf that dreams are made of. i don't wanna spoil it too much but it's a good movie if you're into dwarves. and jersey. and trains.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #615 on: May 10, 2015, 01:39:39 AM »
I know many people have mentioned it but god damn the office is such a good show. I just finished the series and man I've never been so attached to the characters before. I almost just feel like starting over again since I don't know what other show I can follow up with. I know parks and rec should be the one I try next but I hear the first season is worth skipping. I'll probably just watch the office again cause I'm guessing I missed a bunch of random little things.

EDIT:
Some of the finale quotes are actually so deep. I can't believe a show that made me cringe and laugh so much had such powerful stuff in it as well. Alright I think I finally got all I wanted to say out.

"Everyday when I came here, all I wanted to do was leave. So why in the world, does it feel so hard to leave right now... "-Darryl Philbin

"I wish there was a way to know that your in the good 'ol days before you've actually left them" - Andy Bernard
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:15:12 AM by poopnutsupreme »
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #616 on: May 10, 2015, 05:13:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i luff tits! in my country tits are revered.
i seen a movie about an angry dwarf [who may have been played by pancho molar] who moves into a vacant train station in rural jersey [but he's from hoboken like pancho molar] and he makes out w/ patricia clarkson who's kinda rad in an 'older lady i'd like to bang soon before she dies' sorta way and he's got a peurto rican buddy w/ a lunch truck. the dwarf is one of those idiot rail fans who don't hop trains but just sorta obsess over them but he's got a real smart haircut and a neat way of talking. everyone wants a piece of the dwarf and understandably, he's the dwarf that dreams are made of. i don't wanna spoil it too much but it's a good movie if you're into dwarves. and jersey. and trains.
Paul Revered I'm sure. I'm going to look for this idiot railroad dwarf film with the grandma even tho I don't do old ladies. Might be slightly more awkward than real life but I doubt it. 

shark tits

« Reply #617 on: May 10, 2015, 05:37:50 PM »
nah, she's hot but she had cancer in this other movie i seen. it's called 'station agent' and it was dece anyways. if jedi fell into a pile of that dwarf movie he'd come out sucking tits. what's the french lesbo movie called? that sounds right up my alley.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #618 on: May 10, 2015, 06:05:26 PM »
nah, she's hot but she had cancer in this other movie i seen. it's called 'station agent' and it was dece anyways. if jedi fell into a pile of that dwarf movie he'd come out sucking tits. what's the french lesbo movie called? that sounds right up my alley.
Oh I'm trying to watch the fucking dwarf railroader shit as we speak. That old bitch is quite the cheddar cheese girl (she goes nice with wine). I just don't want to eat her grilled cheese sandwich. Big tits blue hair scissor movie is called "Blue is the color" I believe. That and "Sleepaway III" was pretty good and had lots of classy 1980's horror movie tits. If I got a time machine I'd definitely go back and fuck the main character from that movie. She's got this bitchy punk rock thing and she'd probably murder me with a tent stake. If you ever want the western new england history lesson on Paul Revere I'm sure you'll have a barrel full of offended looks for me. It involves "the plymouth crack rock" and maybe calling your town "the Worcester homestead"

shark tits

« Reply #619 on: May 10, 2015, 06:45:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Oh I'm trying to watch the fucking dwarf railroader shit as we speak. That old bitch is quite the cheddar cheese girl (she goes nice with wine). I just don't want to eat her grilled cheese sandwich. Big tits blue hair scissor movie is called "Blue is the color" I believe. That and "Sleepaway III" was pretty good and had lots of classy 1980's horror movie tits. If I got a time machine I'd definitely go back and fuck the main character from that movie. She's got this bitchy punk rock thing and she'd probably murder me with a tent stake. If you ever want the western new england history lesson on Paul Revere I'm sure you'll have a barrel full of offended looks for me. It involves "the plymouth crack rock" and maybe calling your town "the Worcester homestead"
the beastie boys already covered most of the paul revere story and he's buried in downtown boston across from the low to highs. i usedta fuck w/ all the sleepaway camp movies, in fact i wanted dirtnek to put her ender of part one where she's got a penis and a severed head in her hands and everyone's like 'angela is a boy!' but he forgot just like he forgot to put 'whiteboyz' in our video. maybe this yr.
sleepaway one was pure horror but it did get 'campy' by 3. no BIG PUN intended.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #620 on: May 10, 2015, 06:53:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
the beastie boys already covered most of the paul revere story and he's buried in downtown boston across from the low to highs. i usedta fuck w/ all the sleepaway camp movies, in fact i wanted dirtnek to put her ender of part one where she's got a penis and a severed head in her hands and everyone's like 'angela is a boy!' but he forgot just like he forgot to put 'whiteboyz' in our video. maybe this yr.
sleepaway one was pure horror but it did get 'campy' by 3. no BIG PUN intended.

yeah yeah yeah fat joe big pun same shit. bet ya didn't know Fat Joe's graffiti tag is "Crack" and that he's crew with Cope 2. Here he is pictured with the king of all hip hop skateboard flip trickery mr weez himself. Bet ya also didn't know that's where Weezer got their name from.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #621 on: May 12, 2015, 06:22:16 AM »
"The Homesman" starring/directed by Tommy Lee JOnes. Kind of a "True Grit" type scenario but great performances by both Jones and Hillary Swank. Also short appearances by James Spader and Meryl Streep. Pretty good watch if you're bored and got a free night.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #622 on: May 13, 2015, 11:33:54 PM »
has anyone ever watched blue mountain state? im like on the 5th episode and its pretty damn funny

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #623 on: May 14, 2015, 12:13:43 AM »
just added
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:07:59 AM by Silky Johnson »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #624 on: May 23, 2015, 04:05:58 PM »
Expand Quote

Just finished this new Netflix original series Bloodline. I wasn't sure at first but halfway through the first episode I was hooked! I'd recommend at least giving it a shot.
[close]

really, it was good? It looked really stupid when i saw the trailer but also my mom watched and she said it was good and me and her kind of have the same taste in tv

real confession: Me and my mom used to watched Monk together when i was growing up, we didn't miss an episode
Yes. This show is astonishingly good.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #625 on: May 23, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »
I watched "Horned" or "Horns" something like that and it was pretty good. Good plot and even some male full frontal if I remember correctly. Not hung like the boyfriend at the beginning of "Blue is the warmest color" but not bad.

shark tits

« Reply #626 on: May 23, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »
I watched "Horned" or "Horns" something like that and it was pretty good. Good plot and even some male full frontal if I remember correctly. Not hung like the boyfriend at the beginning of "Blue is the warmest color" but not bad.
if you're gonna talk full frontal male nudity you've gotta talk harvey keitel. his nude scene in 'bad lieutenant' inspires me every day.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #627 on: May 23, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
if you're gonna talk full frontal male nudity you've gotta talk harvey keitel. his nude scene in 'bad lieutenant' inspires me every day.
oh they took that off netflix tried to watch it last night. how bout the cartoon dicks on the lizards Vaughn Bode draws tho?

shark tits

« Reply #628 on: May 23, 2015, 07:24:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
oh they took that off netflix tried to watch it last night. how bout the cartoon dicks on the lizards Vaughn Bode draws tho?
no se, cabrone.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #629 on: May 23, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

really, it was good? It looked really stupid when i saw the trailer but also my mom watched and she said it was good and me and her kind of have the same taste in tv

real confession: Me and my mom used to watched Monk together when i was growing up, we didn't miss an episode
[close]
Yes. This show is astonishingly good.

yea i definitely enjoyed it, thanks!