Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383193 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1140 on: August 20, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
The Defenders is really fucking good, it's a slow build up though but I just got done episode 3 and now debating if I should stay up all night and finish the season after that episode

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1141 on: August 20, 2017, 05:50:23 PM »
The Void sucks in an awesome way.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1142 on: August 20, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Norm MacDonald's stand-up...only heard of the guy becausee Todd Francis mentioned him and Louis C.K. as influences in an interview. It was a bit slow but pretty good. The guy also does the voice-over for the pigeon in Mike Tyson Mysteries.
[close]
norm is a legend, he also used to do 'weekend update' on snl in the better years. you should watch a movie he stars in called 'screwed' with dave chappelle, it used to crack me up when i was a kid.

as for stand-ups.. i don't know if it's been brought up in here yet but the newest joe rogan special on netflix is amazing.

Norm Macdonald is one of the greatest comedic minds of our time.  His stand up specials are great, but do yourself a favor and go on youtube and watch his appearances on Letterman/Conan, etc..  For some reason that setting is when he really shines through.

Oh, watch Dirty Work.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1143 on: August 22, 2017, 08:26:04 AM »
What are other peoples thoughts on the new season of wet hot american summer 10 years later? I'm only 5 episodes in and I just think it's "meh". Only parts I laughed at were when Paul Rudd gets into verbal arguments with the kid camper. I mean it's not horrible but really not that funny either

I couldn't get through 2 episodes.

It's kinda been slim pickings on Netflix lately unless there are some gems im missing ?
Gentleman ninja warlock

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #1144 on: August 27, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
Finished Ozark and was really surprised how good it was

Pigeon

« Reply #1145 on: August 27, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »
binge watched Breaking Bad...couldn't get into it a couple years ago but now it's hard for me to get off the couch.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1146 on: September 01, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »
Love Kathy Bates but god damn her new show "disjointed" is just fucking horrible. Try to get through an episode of that and tell me you don't want to blow your brains out after
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:31:38 PM by tobey »

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #1147 on: September 01, 2017, 06:25:12 PM »
I just watched the new Netflix original Death Note and thought it was super entertaining. I was reading up on it before I watched it and was prepped for nothing amazing. It got pretty bad reviews, and it was adapted from an anime series, which I know nothing about, but everyone was tearing apart the director for ruining it. He's done some other movies I really liked, so I gave it a shot and enjoyed it.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1148 on: September 01, 2017, 06:54:51 PM »
Gangs of New York

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #1149 on: September 01, 2017, 07:23:12 PM »
Gangs of New York

To add to this, September was a great month for additions to the streaming selections. Check them all here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/netflix-september-2017-new-releases-movies-tv-1031955/item/netflix-sept-1-1031959

Irvine-Sucks.com

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1150 on: September 01, 2017, 08:40:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Gangs of New York
[close]

To add to this, September was a great month for additions to the streaming selections. Check them all here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/netflix-september-2017-new-releases-movies-tv-1031955/item/netflix-sept-1-1031959
Thanks for the link it'll be easier to keep up with what I'm trying to watch, I'm stoked they put back Pulp Fiction and City of God.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1151 on: September 01, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »
About to start the New season of Narcos, has anyone started watching it yet?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1152 on: September 01, 2017, 08:54:35 PM »
Love Kathy Bates but god damn her new show "disjointed" is just fucking horrible. Try to get through an episode of that and tell me you don't want to blow your brains out after
Yeah it's awful, i actually tried watching the second episode a few days after seeing the first and i didn't last 2 minutes.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1153 on: September 02, 2017, 06:21:28 AM »

I really liked the first 2 seasons but I can't get myself to keep watching season 3 with Boyd Holbrook being gone  >:(

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #1154 on: September 03, 2017, 12:26:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really liked the first 2 seasons but I can't get myself to keep watching season 3 with Boyd Holbrook being gone  >:(

Started it tonight, it's alright. Pena is still a good character, but so far that's all this one has going for it.
you never know about pre-cum 

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1155 on: September 03, 2017, 05:26:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Started it tonight, it's alright. Pena is still a good character, but so far that's all this one has going for it.

Just finished it and it was great. Pena is better as a narrator/lead then murphy IMO. This seasons story was more captivating than the last and it had less to do with bloodshed on every episode. They really make you feel for the villains at times over the protagonist, you really want Jorge to get out of the cartel without getting caught. Also i wanted to see more of Pacho, he stole the show on most of his scenes.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1156 on: September 03, 2017, 07:44:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Norm MacDonald's stand-up...only heard of the guy becausee Todd Francis mentioned him and Louis C.K. as influences in an interview. It was a bit slow but pretty good. The guy also does the voice-over for the pigeon in Mike Tyson Mysteries.
[close]
norm is a legend, he also used to do 'weekend update' on snl in the better years. you should watch a movie he stars in called 'screwed' with dave chappelle, it used to crack me up when i was a kid.

as for stand-ups.. i don't know if it's been brought up in here yet but the newest joe rogan special on netflix is amazing.
[close]

Norm Macdonald is one of the greatest comedic minds of our time.  His stand up specials are great, but do yourself a favor and go on youtube and watch his appearances on Letterman/Conan, etc..  For some reason that setting is when he really shines through.

Oh, watch Dirty Work.

His "roast" of Bob Saget is one of the funniest things in the history of funny things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/6bd322/norm_macdonalds_roast_of_bob_saget/
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1157 on: September 03, 2017, 12:15:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Just finished it and it was great. Pena is better as a narrator/lead then murphy IMO. This seasons story was more captivating than the last and it had less to do with bloodshed on every episode. They really make you feel for the villains at times over the protagonist, you really want Jorge to get out of the cartel without getting caught. Also i wanted to see more of Pacho, he stole the show on most of his scenes.
I like it so far. Pacho is definitely a good character. I've also been watching El Chapo on Netflix. It's super good and in the same vein as Narcos.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1158 on: September 09, 2017, 06:52:43 AM »
So I'm fucking pissed. Put on Malcolm in the middle this morning because this is my 20th time watching it all again and I see a little note on the top of the screen saying "This show will leave on October 1st". Fox is being super lame with taking their shows off of Netflix because they want to start their own streaming service. Fuck you Fox

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1159 on: September 09, 2017, 05:06:35 PM »
Seriously ^ I feel like they're slowly moving toward having nothing but Netflix Original Programs.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1160 on: September 09, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »
I can't afford another streaming service after Netflix, Spotify, and HBO Now... although I just found out that Hulu is now included in Spotify?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1161 on: September 10, 2017, 02:53:34 AM »
Seriously ^ I feel like they're slowly moving toward having nothing but Netflix Original Programs.

I heard that Netflix eventually wants to do that in the future, just only have Netflix originals on there. They basically want to be their own network. It's not their fault though on whats happening now with Fox shows, Fox owns a part of hulu so they don't want to give their competitor shows.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1162 on: September 10, 2017, 06:00:46 AM »
New season of Black Mirror coming up soon. Scariest series right now imho. 

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1163 on: September 10, 2017, 08:28:58 AM »
I can't afford another streaming service after Netflix, Spotify, and HBO Now... although I just found out that Hulu is now included in Spotify?

I think there is a bundle for Students that is $4.99 for both.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Pigeon

« Reply #1164 on: September 10, 2017, 11:24:13 AM »
I just stream everything online, and hook it up to a TV with an HDMI cable. The pop ups and searching time make it a slight inconvenience, but I spend less time watching shit. It pissed me off when I finally got into the X-Files, and Netflix took it off, because of FOX.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1165 on: September 10, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think there is a bundle for Students that is $4.99 for both.
Yeah that's what I have because my .edu email is still active.  I love spotify, will pay full price when my student runs out, just wondering if the hulu will remain.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1166 on: September 13, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I like it so far. Pacho is definitely a good character. I've also been watching El Chapo on Netflix. It's super good and in the same vein as Narcos.
Finished it last night. Those last 3 episodes were too intense. Ended up being my favorite season.  David might be the most unlikable character on any show ever. Worse than Joffrey.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1167 on: September 14, 2017, 02:51:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I really liked the first 2 seasons but I can't get myself to keep watching season 3 with Boyd Holbrook being gone� >:(
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Finished it last night. Those last 3 episodes were too intense. Ended up being my favorite season.� David might be the most unlikable character on any show ever. Worse than Joffrey.

I finished it 2 days ago. I felt that it started slow but then went really intense more towards the end, loved it!
The guy who plays Chepe (whos real name is Pepe) is portuguese and usually does portuguese romantic shows and some other random stuff, so I was really interested in what kind of character he would play in this. Kinda disapointed that he only appeared a few times, thought he would be a bigger part of the story.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1168 on: September 14, 2017, 08:01:44 AM »
Yeah, 3 might be my favourite Narcos season.  Pacho and Chepe were so good, and loved the contrast between David's character in this and Broad City.  By the end of it I really had no sympathy for Jorge.  Has anyone heard anything about a season 4?  The ending definitely hinted at the possibility of a Mexican storyline, but it would be starting really fresh since we haven't met any new characters that would fit into it.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1169 on: September 14, 2017, 09:51:57 AM »
Yeah, 3 might be my favourite Narcos season.  Pacho and Chepe were so good, and loved the contrast between David's character in this and Broad City.  By the end of it I really had no sympathy for Jorge.  Has anyone heard anything about a season 4?  The ending definitely hinted at the possibility of a Mexican storyline, but it would be starting really fresh since we haven't met any new characters that would fit into it.

That Mexican pilot guy? He was talking a lot about Juarez and the timing being right with NAFTA. I think they could run with that.