Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 387648 times)

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1680 on: March 18, 2019, 07:27:36 AM »
Working moms and I’m Sorry are my recent favs.
I’m sorry has like a sienfeld/curb vibe.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1681 on: March 19, 2019, 11:29:02 PM »
Did anyone dig those last Arrested Development episodes? Yes this is a leading question.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #1682 on: March 20, 2019, 12:01:54 AM »
I gave up after the fourth season. Let it die and it can live on as a beautiful, funny memory. Like Party Down.

Velvet Buzzsaw was indeed dreadful. The main female lead had zero charisma.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #1683 on: March 20, 2019, 09:44:17 AM »
Expand Quote
The Dawn Wall is on Netflix now. This, Valley Uprising, and Freesolo, are some of the best outdoor/climbing movies out. For me climbing is similar to skating, as that it's you against your obstacle/trick/whatever. Its a cool watch.
[close]

Freesolo is on Hulu now too. Both Dawn Wall and it were phenomenal.

watched free solo last night thats to you mentioning it was available. It was good but i thought dawn wall was better. still really really enjoyable.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1684 on: March 20, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »
the trump bio is a good watch.. don't sleep on it
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #1685 on: March 20, 2019, 09:35:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Dawn Wall is on Netflix now. This, Valley Uprising, and Freesolo, are some of the best outdoor/climbing movies out. For me climbing is similar to skating, as that it's you against your obstacle/trick/whatever. Its a cool watch.
[close]

Freesolo is on Hulu now too. Both Dawn Wall and it were phenomenal.
[close]

watched free solo last night thats to you mentioning it was available. It was good but i thought dawn wall was better. still really really enjoyable.

No worries. Yah, Dawn Wall did a really great job showing all the intricacies and nuances of climbing. After watching both, I gained a lot of respect for Tommy Caldwell for all the support he lent Alex and not finishing Dawn Wall with out Kevin. Stand up dude.

Here Come The Lame Jets

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #1686 on: March 21, 2019, 11:27:39 AM »
yep. dawn wall made me want to go climbing right away. free solo didnt do the same for me. you can tell free solo would have more of a mainstream catch to it. loved them both regardless. watching dawn wall gave me the same feelings this did

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #1687 on: March 21, 2019, 11:46:56 AM »
yep. dawn wall made me want to go climbing right away. free solo didnt do the same for me. you can tell free solo would have more of a mainstream catch to it. loved them both regardless. watching dawn wall gave me the same feelings this did

I'm probably going to watch The Dawn Wall tonight, but one thing I'd say about Free Solo was that I think I was more intrigued with it as a character study on Alex as a human than feeling inspired after watching. It was obviously such a mind blowing accomplishment, but I enjoyed the parts most where you see things like how his family never said the words "I love you" and how certain experiences helped shape him into this unrelenting climber.

I'm excited to see how Dawn Wall is different.

Irvine-Sucks.com

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #1688 on: March 22, 2019, 05:22:44 PM »
Been a huge scifi fan for a bit since they don't have X Files I recently gotten into supernatural it's a decent show about spooky shit with two brothers hunting paranormal shit.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1689 on: March 22, 2019, 06:40:13 PM »
Been a huge scifi fan for a bit since they don't have X Files I recently gotten into supernatural it's a decent show about spooky shit with two brothers hunting paranormal shit.

Please don't take this as a condescending, snarky remark although it may come across as that. When you post stuff and don't use periods or capitalization to separate sentences, are you doing it to save time? Is it a younger generation thing? I'm 32, so I feel old, but I see it on Twitter all the time and just don't understand. I'm asking strictly out of curiosity.

Irvine-Sucks.com

hangontoyourego

« Reply #1690 on: March 22, 2019, 07:14:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Please don't take this as a condescending, snarky remark although it may come across as that. When you post stuff and don't use periods or capitalization to separate sentences, are you doing it to save time? Is it a younger generation thing? I'm 32, so I feel old, but I see it on Twitter all the time and just don't understand. I'm asking strictly out of curiosity.
i noticed i’ve just always been bad at  punctuation when it’s comes to texting / typing . probably because in my heed it’s jisy one long thought . also , i have a horrible issue with not proof reading because also in my head i think i typed it perfectly which most of the time is not the case . i’m teaching myself to slow down . anyway that’s me .

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1691 on: March 22, 2019, 09:03:12 PM »
Then there is I..............

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #1692 on: March 23, 2019, 11:08:55 AM »
I just watched Trainspotting 2. I liked it.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1693 on: March 23, 2019, 01:58:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

SpankerChief was sucking dicks for money while you were in middle school. So it's not a generational thing.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #1694 on: March 24, 2019, 11:54:52 PM »
I am four episodes into The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann. It's ok, but 8 episodes is 7 too many. Formula 1 was good (the mini-series format worked well in this case). Losers was ok (I skipped to the episodes that interested me but did not like that they couldn't show Olympics footage.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #1695 on: March 25, 2019, 01:16:38 AM »
I just finished that motley crue movie on netflix, and it was cheesey as hell.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1696 on: March 25, 2019, 03:24:35 AM »
Just had spring break, so I skipped going to the lab a bunch and watched Netflix instead.

Chiming on some recently mentioned:

Love Death + Robots, was really enjoyable. The fact that they’re shorts really gets your imagination going on the sci-fi/fantasy aspect; As cupcake boi said, I’m Sorry has got that curb “going thru daily life as a comedian” vibe. Love that show; Russian Doll is watchable, I think the main actress makes it funny most of the time; Losers is good. Failures are rarely recorded as the main theme, aftermaths are surprising/weird depending on the episode; Ballad of Buster Scruggs was super enjoyable. Again, short story format works wonders for building tension, releasing it, and bringing you back in, while leaving you some food for your imagination.

Things I watched recently:

I’m not from the US, but these CNN docs on different decades—particularly the '90s and '00s—are really eye opening to get a broad idea of the origins of contemporary popular culture.

I’ve also enjoyed Umbrella Academy, chill superhero comic adaptation with different vibe that Marvel+Netflix stuff; Sabrina was mostly cool, her character varies through the show tho; Altered Carbon was sick; yes I did like the new Arrested Development episodes—in too deep to not watch em (even if all the characters suck); Ozark drew me in a lot, complex characters in there; Luther bc Idris Elba is the fucking man.

If you like anime:

One Punch Man is my favorite available there (new season out April 2019! probs not straight to Netflix tho); both versions of Full Metal Alchemist are worth a watch imo; Attack on Titan is gruesome but filled with emotion, can get heavy; Sword Art Online I/II & Gun Gale Online were cool, especially if you’re into RPGs; now I’m watching Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, it’s aight, interesting postapocalyptic premise.

Spring break ended—time to get back to work...
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1697 on: March 25, 2019, 01:58:27 PM »

The timeline on that movie was pretty fucked. I expected better from Tremaine.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1698 on: March 26, 2019, 12:10:20 PM »

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #1699 on: March 26, 2019, 07:30:20 PM »

I'm not into Motley Crue at all but have read The Dirt a couple of times and it's fucking hilarious. Watched the trailer for the Netflix original and it looks whack. Probably going to skip this one.

Here Come The Lame Jets

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1700 on: March 26, 2019, 07:41:06 PM »
I'll spoil it for everyone. Motley Crue is a band that really fucks. Like a lot.

The first two records rip and if you don't like them them you must not like screechy cock rock, which is completely understandable.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1701 on: March 27, 2019, 01:58:10 AM »
I'll spoil it for everyone. Motley Crue is a band that really fucks. Like a lot.

The first two records rip and if you don't like them them you must not like screechy cock rock, which is completely understandable.

For sure, I gotta say though MGK played a great Tommy Lee in the movie haha it's like they covered a lot but I felt like they could/should have gone into some more detail in certain areas.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1702 on: March 27, 2019, 07:28:56 AM »
Kind of enjoying Lucifer although I wish it was more R rated

gaseous clay

« Reply #1703 on: March 27, 2019, 09:28:15 AM »
"Blue Ruin" is great, as is "Hold the Dark" both awesome trippy thrillers. I'm very impressed Netflix is making these kinds of movies.

"Close" is really good.
"Wind River" is good
"Mojave" was OK
"Triple Frontier" sucked

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1704 on: March 27, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »
Kind of enjoying Lucifer although I wish it was more R rated
It will be. Netflix took over on production.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1705 on: March 27, 2019, 11:08:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

The timeline on that movie was pretty fucked. I expected better from Tremaine.
[close]

Why would you expect better from Jeff Tremaine? Dude is an absolute hack.

My ex’a dad was friends with Motley Crue in the late 80s and as they started to get clean...apparently he thought they kinda blew it. Movie was so fucking corny, but at times in an entertaining way.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #1706 on: March 28, 2019, 08:53:30 AM »

this shit was laughably terrible.  they filmed a lot of it blocks from my house so I tried to like it, but it was like WB channel tv show bad. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1707 on: April 01, 2019, 03:55:17 PM »
I always look forward to the list of new movies coming every month. Here's April's releases:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/new-on-netflix/

I'm stoked on the Fifth Element streaming. It's sort of like Waterworld for me where I know it's shitty, but I can't help myself.

Irvine-Sucks.com

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #1708 on: April 02, 2019, 06:59:30 AM »
One Punch Man is my favorite available there (new season out April 2019! probs not straight to Netflix tho);

Not on Netflix but have you watched Mob Psycho 100? Same creator as One Punch Man, season 2 finale just came out. I don't even usually watch anime or even have time for TV shows and shit, but I was stuck at home with a bad knee last week or so, I randomly checked it out and it sucked me right in, I binge watched both seasons in two days (not realizing the last episode was yet to come out then - some frustration ensued). Maybe it's a bit more profound than One Punch Man, but it's very similar, the animation is impressive and it's so imaginative you can almost taste the acid in some parts.

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #1709 on: April 02, 2019, 10:02:58 PM »
Gomorra - La serie. On Netflix, doesn't suck.