Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2252298 times)

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 247
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #12720 on: April 26, 2023, 07:59:46 AM »
https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com/collections/all

Proper has highs for 40 and lows for 35
Bummer to hear this place is iffy. Those damn 50mm conicals were calling my name. I don’t need wheels right now anyways.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #12721 on: April 26, 2023, 08:44:01 AM »
according to the van's subreddit, apparently, ross stores have been getting vans drops this week. Random assortments in all the wonky colorways contributed to their decline in sales last year. Not really a sale. Your results may vary.

I’m in a bunch of retail groups and Ross has also gotten some Shane O’Neill’s and Lucas Puigs recently. I Saw some NB# as well, Foys and another 200 model. I almost always see Vans at my local stores (Ross, Burlington) but rarely anything from the skate line or in my size. I even stopped by the Vans Outlet last weekend and it didn’t have much for skate shoes compared to last year.

manysnakes

« Reply #12722 on: April 26, 2023, 08:49:03 AM »
Expand Quote
according to the van's subreddit, apparently, ross stores have been getting vans drops this week. Random assortments in all the wonky colorways contributed to their decline in sales last year. Not really a sale. Your results may vary.
[close]

I’m in a bunch of retail groups and Ross has also gotten some Shane O’Neill’s and Lucas Puigs recently. I Saw some NB# as well, Foys and another 200 model. I almost always see Vans at my local stores (Ross, Burlington) but rarely anything from the skate line or in my size. I even stopped by the Vans Outlet last weekend and it didn’t have much for skate shoes compared to last year.

Basically every online skate shop is selling top shelf shoes from the major brands for like ~$40-60, usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% off, so I assume that this is further washout from 2020 Covid over-production.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #12723 on: April 26, 2023, 09:15:21 AM »
bunch of nike sb and vans vaults in here for pretty dece prices. only for the next few days. good smattering of other shoes as well for your shoe enthusiasts.

https://260samplesale.com/collections/multibrand-streetwear-event-shop-all
good come sausage

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1138
« Reply #12724 on: April 26, 2023, 09:30:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Basically every online skate shop is selling top shelf shoes from the major brands for like ~$40-60, usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% off, so I assume that this is further washout from 2020 Covid over-production.

Can confirm

Went to Ross and Marshall’s.
Ross had tons of assorted vans, classics and pros mostly in random designs, prints and patterns.
They also had DC mantecas and asst no name DCs in smaller sizes. Nothing to interesting unless you like air max, cause they had a ton.

Marshall’s had a ton of  random vans as well, but also good skatables like pumas and Reebok club c’s.

I did pick up a pair Grey sk8 hi pro, obviously results may vary.

diplodocus

• Rep: 166
  • long neck
« Reply #12725 on: April 26, 2023, 09:34:56 AM »
https://www.cal-surf.com/products.cfm?catID=150&sale=1

good amount of shoes on sale here. don’t ship nike online though

thehogsniper

• Rep: 45
« Reply #12726 on: April 26, 2023, 02:33:50 PM »
Yeah I've been seeing vans a lot in the last year or so at outlets. Nordstrom Rack and Sierra seem to have them as of late. The vans outlets and the Adidas/Nike outlets have been real misses lately for me. this time last year there was a lot of good stuff. Now? Nothing. Used to be impossible to find Half Cabs at outlet and I'd have to settle for AVE/Wayvee/random skate vulcs. Now you can't even find those anywhere. Adidas as well, all they had was small sizes in puig/tyshawn and then a bunch of awful running shoes. It's interesting to see how outlets have dried up overnight.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 120
« Reply #12727 on: April 26, 2023, 04:21:45 PM »
Vans outlet by me was buy one get one 70% off and that threw me off.  Usually it's buy one get one 50% off.
Unfortunately, nothing I wanted in my size. 
Enjoy your life.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1052
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12728 on: April 26, 2023, 06:51:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Can confirm

Ross had tons of assorted vans, classics and pros mostly in random designs, prints and patterns.
They also had DC mantecas and asst no name DCs in smaller sizes. Nothing to interesting unless you like air max, cause they had a ton.

Marshall’s had a ton of  random vans as well, but also good skatables like pumas and Reebok club c’s.

Not that it matters to me in Australia, but were they all just samples (size 9) or other shoes too?

Most places that get those sort of shoes are either all samples, or just clearance stock in the random or odd sizes, eg whatever remaining 7, 8, 13 sort of thing when all the usual sizes sold out and they just need to get rid of the remainder.

My curiosity is a bit much sometimes.

:)

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12729 on: April 26, 2023, 08:58:14 PM »
@Mbrimson88

I live in a dense city and the Ross in my neighborhood is picked thru clean. I was surprised to find quite a few. Even in my size, 11.

Most of it was garbage though
https://imgur.com/a/QRdbXR9

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 180
« Reply #12730 on: April 26, 2023, 10:31:39 PM »
I’m gonna hit up Ross tomorrow sometime to check it out.  Should be a fun little outing.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #12731 on: April 26, 2023, 11:19:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Can confirm

Saw some nike air max at Marshall’s for $30. Been in the market for chillers and bummed they weren’t in my size.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #12732 on: April 27, 2023, 03:29:45 PM »
Anyone know where I can get a baker board for a cheaper price? I just want the red/white baker letters board

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1052
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12733 on: April 27, 2023, 04:36:56 PM »
@Mbrimson88

I live in a dense city and the Ross in my neighborhood is picked thru clean. I was surprised to find quite a few. Even in my size, 11.

Most of it was garbage though
https://imgur.com/a/QRdbXR9

Yeah good find in those Skate Sk8 Hi shoes.

Always interesting to see and yes some of those shoes are pretty horrible.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12734 on: April 27, 2023, 07:42:25 PM »
70% off all Straye on their site

Mystery shoes come out to $12 and some change if your feeling Lucky

10$ flat rate shipping

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #12735 on: April 27, 2023, 09:53:18 PM »
Just went looking through a couple ross stores in my town. No 'skate' line vans, just old skools, slip ons and sk8 his in weird colors. I did find some purple sk8 his in my size (10.5) but even $35 seemed like too much for them
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #12736 on: April 28, 2023, 01:51:19 AM »

10$ flat rate shipping
I’d be down for a mystery box at that price if I was guaranteed none of the flame ones.

*Edit- went through their website and do not want any of those shoes, even if they’re $12

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #12737 on: April 28, 2023, 04:01:54 AM »
Looking for a sale on the alltimers fastbreaks in 10.5.

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12738 on: April 28, 2023, 10:15:51 AM »
$35 green/black Crockett Hi at Marshall’s today. Popped in after getting groceries next door. Stoked.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #12739 on: April 28, 2023, 06:50:18 PM »
Darkroom has BOGO sale decks on their site but I'm not sure if I need to add 1 or 2 of them to my cart for it to work. Has anyone tried? I haven't gotten a response from Drkroom on IG yet. I'll take 4 boards, but I'd rather only go for 2 if possible

https://drkrminc.com/collections/sale
Super Champion Fun Zone

switchfakie

« Reply #12740 on: April 28, 2023, 07:27:54 PM »

10$ flat rate shipping

have you skated their shoes?

i have a pair i never skated but they kinda looked janky

Skatebrain

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #12741 on: April 30, 2023, 06:46:53 AM »
Anyone know the quality of the team “dirty p” boards from primitive?   The are down to 20 end of year clearence.   

manysnakes

« Reply #12742 on: April 30, 2023, 07:31:06 AM »
Anyone know the quality of the team “dirty p” boards from primitive?   The are down to 20 end of year clearence.

I don’t know about that deck particularly, but I bought a bunch of Primitive decks which were made in China, and the quality has been great. At least as good as anything BBS, certainly better than PS. Those decks are $26 on the site so I don’t see how you could go wrong there.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1991
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12743 on: April 30, 2023, 08:17:23 AM »

They are either pressed in USA (Mexico) or China, but some guys on here swear that the China ones are just as good as the US ones.

https://primitiveskate.com/collections/deck-sale
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Justinshreds

• Rep: 4
« Reply #12744 on: April 30, 2023, 01:47:41 PM »
Last month i bought the 3 mystery board bundle, size 8.25. I got 1 made in mexico, and 2 china boards. Set up a china board first, and it felt terrible. It was very flexy feeling, and the concave/nose/tail steepness did not feel right, even though it looked just like the normal 8.25 shape. Within 30 minutes of skating flat ground, the tail snapped. Thought maybe it was just bad luck, so i set up the other made in china board and it felt awful also. Ive since started buying April 8.25, taking the risk of the Primitive sale decks isnt worth it to me.

Skatebrain

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #12745 on: April 30, 2023, 03:46:15 PM »
Thanks for responses.   Sounds like a bit of a crapshoot, but for 20 I may give one a shot.   

realtalk66

• Rep: -10
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12746 on: April 30, 2023, 04:22:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Last month i bought the 3 mystery board bundle, size 8.25. I got 1 made in mexico, and 2 china boards. Set up a china board first, and it felt terrible. It was very flexy feeling, and the concave/nose/tail steepness did not feel right, even though it looked just like the normal 8.25 shape. Within 30 minutes of skating flat ground, the tail snapped. Thought maybe it was just bad luck, so i set up the other made in china board and it felt awful also. Ive since started buying April 8.25, taking the risk of the Primitive sale decks isnt worth it to me.

they have a bunch of regular decks for 26 dollars, gotta assume those are mexican wood right? or do you think those are a toss up as well.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #12747 on: April 30, 2023, 04:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

they have a bunch of regular decks for 26 dollars, gotta assume those are mexican wood right? or do you think those are a toss up as well.
I skated a china dirty p 8.5 last summer, I was bummed at first because the measurements weren’t the same as the shape guide, and it had a red top.
But I ended up liking it and the curse of the red top wasn’t true for that one either as I don’t remember any weird sams or getting hurt.

Justinshreds

• Rep: 4
« Reply #12748 on: April 30, 2023, 04:37:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The made in china decks were a “Nuevo script” and a P Rod deck, not sure of the series name, was silver and red with a ninja star in the middle.
The BBS board was a “dirty P” board.
Previous to these, I had the purple Neal board with the snake in the middle, it was made in USA, and skated/felt just like the BBS boards.
I even emailed and asked if there’s a way to tell or ask for made in Mexico decks on the site, and they said no. I guess it’s just luck of the draw.

poodude

• Rep: 22
« Reply #12749 on: April 30, 2023, 10:16:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The made in china decks were a “Nuevo script” and a P Rod deck, not sure of the series name, was silver and red with a ninja star in the middle.
The BBS board was a “dirty P” board.
Previous to these, I had the purple Neal board with the snake in the middle, it was made in USA, and skated/felt just like the BBS boards.
I even emailed and asked if there’s a way to tell or ask for made in Mexico decks on the site, and they said no. I guess it’s just luck of the draw.

You can simply take the deck name and search for it on another site where they say where its made. ex. Tactics, etc. The Vianna and Hamilton decks are BBS, bought those in the past.