Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2212885 times)

yourbreakfsat, RayGatsby, Fooj and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #11040 on: September 03, 2022, 07:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fpinsoles.com has 35% off their sites.
[close]

They have so many options.

It looks like the 5mm thick are recommended for Skateboarding. But they also have a thicker one.

Can anyone give me advice on their insoles? I typically like a thick insole that absorbs impact well.
[close]

The regular (5mm) or if you want a thinner for a cup, 3mm.
[close]

Would the 5mm really not work in a cupsole?
I use the 7mm and absolutely love them. It makes my shoes feel a lil bit more snug especially the ones that run long which I like.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #11041 on: September 03, 2022, 07:14:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It looks like the 5mm thick are recommended for Skateboarding. But they also have a thicker one.

Can anyone give me advice on their insoles? I typically like a thick insole that absorbs impact well.
[close]

[close]

[close]
I use the 7mm and absolutely love them. It makes my shoes feel a lil bit more snug especially the ones that run long which I like.

Perfect. Exactly what I wanted to hear about, thanks.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #11042 on: September 03, 2022, 07:21:56 PM »
Zumies has Venture trucks on sale $9.99-$14.99.  Not a bad deal.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #11043 on: September 03, 2022, 09:48:07 PM »

And the fact that it's Skate Mental. Kookston pushing this, He's still a part of it?

I think he got back on after Numbers ended. Pretty sure it's all BBS wood, so I said fuck it and pulled the trigger. I got enough stickers saved up to hide the shame lol

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #11044 on: September 03, 2022, 10:44:15 PM »
Expand Quote

And the fact that it's Skate Mental. Kookston pushing this, He's still a part of it?
[close]

I think he got back on after Numbers ended. Pretty sure it's all BBS wood, so I said fuck it and pulled the trigger. I got enough stickers saved up to hide the shame lol

Clutch wood**

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

CBP

• Rep: 26
« Reply #11045 on: September 04, 2022, 01:21:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Clutch wood**

It says bbs on their site, might’ve changed it

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #11046 on: September 04, 2022, 01:54:04 AM »
Some good deals on Evo (decks, wheels, trucks, bearings, skate shoes, winter coats, helmets)

Vans and NB shoes: https://www.evo.com/shop/skateboard/shoes/s_savings-desc

$37 Triple 8 Sweatsaver helmet (if your head is small enough for a large): https://www.evo.com/helmets/triple-8-brainsaver-w/sweatsaver-liner-skateboard-helmet Not helmets to certified standards. Please get certified helmets, no point in wearing a helmet if it won't protect your brain. Looks like they have combo deals for the Sweatsaver certifieds combo'd with some pads. If you get them with wristguards they are about the same price or a bit cheaper... but if you're in the market for some 187 Pro Killer pads, they've got some solid deals: https://www.evo.com/shop?text=sweatsaver+certified

$32 for Protec Certified helmets: https://www.evo.com/outlet/helmets/pro-tec-the-classic-skateboard-helmet#image=75467/636512/pro-tec-the-classic-certified-eps-skateboard-helmet-.jpg

$80 for 187 Pro kneepads - with code "SAVE20": https://www.evo.com/kneepads/187-pro-skateboard-knee-pads#image=141166/585708/187-pro-skateboard-knee-pads-.jpg

20% off all trucks with "SAVE20"... looks like they got Ace, Thunder, Indy, etc: https://www.evo.com/shop/skateboard/trucks

20% off all wheels with that code... Spitfire F4s included in the deal: https://www.evo.com/shop/skateboard/wheels

Same code for decks (a bunch of BBS/DLX decks, and Powell Flight decks): https://www.evo.com/shop/skateboard/decks/online

Swiss and Swiss 6 bearings 20% off. Bronson Raw.

Seems like its basically 20% off all skate stuff with that code unless the website is bugged for me? Just make sure you toggle the "Online" filter so you don't get psyched on an in-store only deal.

Thanks for all the links in this thread everyone. I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 02:15:52 AM by FuzzGNU »
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #11047 on: September 04, 2022, 05:38:53 AM »
Evo/ATS (All Together Skates) shop decks are BBS, and the ATS decks have artwork by skateboarding designer Sasha Barr.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634

Get hungry on it!

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #11049 on: September 04, 2022, 05:56:05 AM »
Old Skull Skateboards: Take an extra 15% off select Labor Day Sale inventory. Code: LABOR15

URL: https://www.oldskullskateboards.com/labor-day-sale/

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11050 on: September 04, 2022, 07:58:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Clutch wood**
[close]

Yeah they gotta change that. When they switched from the same as crail wood it was to BBS, and then they mentioned being pressed by clutch in a post

Hopefully it's both, but I did hear clutch is great

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #11051 on: September 04, 2022, 09:25:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Their insoles aren't great I'd pass on them. I've posted in the dedicated insole thread about it, but they don't offer very good support since they're just heat moldable generic Chinese foam with no real orthopedic design. Lots of people want to think that they spent their money well on them and since most generic skate insoles do in fact suck they're not the worst thing you could buy. They're higher density so they're sometimes better than basic stock insoles, but I'd just get some Superfeet or Sole on sale instead. Actually will provide support.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #11052 on: September 04, 2022, 12:19:48 PM »
Concrete visionary (crupie, FP and colours) has 30% of which are works with gift cards if you want to sit on it until the next sale.

If they’re have a crap e-commerce manager, than the e-gift card could be emailed immediately and you can double down on the 30% off (initial 30 off gift card and then 30 of the purchase) I’ve done this in the past with some online stores. But this one doesn’t have anything I’d want to test

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #11053 on: September 05, 2022, 10:37:10 AM »
30% off all Adored Skateboarding gear, which is Corey Duffel’s company. Sale ends tonight at midnight PST. Lots of 8.5 boards and clothes for cheap! I skated one of his boards recently and it was one of my favorite shapes ever.

https://adoredskateboarding.com/

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #11054 on: September 05, 2022, 11:21:13 AM »
Sole Tech Labor Day Sales

Emerica:
50% off select items.
https://emerica.com/collections/sale

eS:
50% off select items.
https://esskateboarding.com/collections/sale

Etnies:
50% off select items plus a free backpack with +$100 purchase.
https://etnies.com/collections/sale

P.S. One-time use 20% off code is WELCOME20. Or you can use code RVW19SV15 to get 15% off if you're too lazy to make a new email address to check out with.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #11055 on: September 05, 2022, 03:23:07 PM »
https://www.central-boardshop.com/

20% off shoes and apparel with code LABOR20. Works on sale stuff. Free shipping over $75.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #11056 on: September 05, 2022, 03:45:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Clutch wood**
[close]

[close]

Yeah they gotta change that. When they switched from the same as crail wood it was to BBS, and then they mentioned being pressed by clutch in a post

I'm going based on the woodshop thread. Tbh I have no clue if all the sales decks are BBS, but I'm assuming they're all from drops this year. IIRC they stopped using Clutch last year

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11057 on: September 05, 2022, 05:05:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Clutch wood**
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm going based on the woodshop thread. Tbh I have no clue if all the sales decks are BBS, but I'm assuming they're all from drops this year. IIRC they stopped using Clutch last year

just to clarify

they stopped using clutch and went full BBS?

if so than I blew it and missed a steal of a sale

my twenty board stack will be happy for the attention though

fuck this thread

;)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1031
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11058 on: September 05, 2022, 06:05:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Clutch wood**
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

just to clarify

fuck this thread

;)

I had only just noticed the most recent boards that have pics of tops in online shops are BBS, but even those shops still had older clearance stock on Clutch wood, such as SW last time I looked.

If they are clearing out old graphics, they most likely are getting rid of all the Clutch wood they have left, which makes sense from a business perspective.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #11059 on: September 05, 2022, 06:54:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I like them. Honestly the best shoe insoles combo I ever had in my life was 5mm and the AF2.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #11060 on: September 06, 2022, 06:52:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Clutch wood**
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

just to clarify

fuck this thread

;)
[close]

I had only just noticed the most recent boards that have pics of tops in online shops are BBS, but even those shops still had older clearance stock on Clutch wood, such as SW last time I looked.

If they are clearing out old graphics, they most likely are getting rid of all the Clutch wood they have left, which makes sense from a business perspective.

This is accurate. Those graphics are mostly covid era when they were on clutch. The new stuff is all BBS. Still though, 4 clutch decks for 100$ is a fine deal.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #11061 on: September 06, 2022, 07:18:17 AM »
As a former gear madness sufferer not buying shit during a 3 day sale felt like an accomplishment.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #11062 on: September 06, 2022, 08:00:08 AM »
As a former gear madness sufferer not buying shit during a 3 day sale felt like an accomplishment.

The sales are extended through today!

I bought two flannels from the Banana Republic website.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #11063 on: September 06, 2022, 09:50:49 AM »
I probably would've caved tbh, fortunately I'm already stocked up lmao

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -68
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11064 on: September 06, 2022, 02:07:23 PM »

i feel you man. I nearly pulled the trigger like 5 different times.

growing

evolving
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

switchfakie

« Reply #11065 on: September 06, 2022, 08:30:36 PM »

hell yeh man, i had it with boards, but recovered. being perma broke as a kid really fucked with my self control

only problem is im a pants madness sufferer now

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #11066 on: September 06, 2022, 08:51:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hell yeh man, i had it with boards, but recovered. being perma broke as a kid really fucked with my self control

only problem is im a pants madness sufferer now

Pants madness is nearly as bad as shoe madness. Luckily, I’ve downgraded to wheel madness. Takes up less space, much more affordable

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #11067 on: September 06, 2022, 09:21:56 PM »
Dude. I thought I was alone in this.  At least it’s not big boys.  Mine are volcom skate chinos. With the 18” opening.  Fit is spot on.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

Southernmost

• Rep: 117
« Reply #11068 on: September 06, 2022, 09:33:36 PM »
Congrats! I almost made it. Went to my local for a sheet of MOB and ended up buying some Nike Force 58’s on sale for $37.50. I don’t need any shoes or bloards for a long time.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11069 on: September 06, 2022, 11:42:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Congrats! I almost made it. Went to my local for a sheet of MOB and ended up buying some Nike Force 58’s on sale for $37.50. I don’t need any shoes or bloards for a long time.

$37.50 for Nikes, you would losing money not buying it!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m