Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2262488 times)

slapattack, gangleri, MemorableBygga and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

ToySanta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #11280 on: October 30, 2022, 12:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
40% off on DC sale items:
https://www.dcshoes.com/sale/

Capital One Shopping extension automatically put in some code for 30% off. There's a pop-up for 30% off one item on the mobile site if you give them an e-mail address. The two codes combine and you get free shipping if you have a DC account. A $50 pair came out to around $23 after all that. A pair of Lynx Zero would probably be around $25.
[close]

I forgot what you said about the coupon, but thank you for the heads up on the sale. I’ve had my eye on a pair of Navigators for a good while now. Half price, I ain’t scoffin.
[close]
Good looks! Picked up a pair of lynx zeros, have wanted to try a pair for a while and $29 ain’t a bad price to start.

Which colorway did you go with, Moe? At this point life in I’m in an all black or all white shoe phase. Was wishing they had that for sale Lynxes.

I like the look of the Gaveler’s. My final pair of Huf’s were Boyd’s and these are not to dissimilar:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 10:01:56 PM by ToySanta »

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1691
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #11281 on: October 30, 2022, 05:51:32 PM »
Yeah, I’ve always bought from them via PayPal and never had a problem. Now that you can use PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay, whatever, your data is reasonably secure.

Good to know. I never suspected anything sketchy about skatewarehouse. After enough times of seeing ads on instagram about the legal action against skatewarehouse and those other warehouse affiliates, I realized I was one of those affected. They were pretty ballsy, spent $1,500 bucks on air bnb lol. Er, attempted to spend that money anyway.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

manysnakes

« Reply #11282 on: October 30, 2022, 06:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah, I’ve always bought from them via PayPal and never had a problem. Now that you can use PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay, whatever, your data is reasonably secure.
[close]

Good to know. I never suspected anything sketchy about skatewarehouse. After enough times of seeing ads on instagram about the legal action against skatewarehouse and those other warehouse affiliates, I realized I was one of those affected. They were pretty ballsy, spent $1,500 bucks on air bnb lol. Er, attempted to spend that money anyway.

It's not that they are sketchy, it's that they have shitty web security. They're a totally legitimate operation and probably my favorite online retailer to deal with, but whatever backwater company is handling their payment processing needs to go out of business. Using PayPal/ApplePay/whatever means that they never touch your CC number.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #11283 on: October 30, 2022, 07:11:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
40% off on DC sale items:
https://www.dcshoes.com/sale/

Capital One Shopping extension automatically put in some code for 30% off. There's a pop-up for 30% off one item on the mobile site if you give them an e-mail address. The two codes combine and you get free shipping if you have a DC account. A $50 pair came out to around $23 after all that. A pair of Lynx Zero would probably be around $25.
[close]

I forgot what you said about the coupon, but thank you for the heads up on the sale. I’ve had my eye on a pair of Navigators for a good while now. Half price, I ain’t scoffin.
[close]
Good looks! Picked up a pair of lynx zeros, have wanted to try a pair for a while and $29 ain’t a bad price to start.
[close]

Which colorway did you go with, Moe? At this point life in I’m in an all black or all white shoe phase. Was wishing they had that for sale Lynxes.

I like the look of the Graveler’s. My final pair of Huf’s were Boyd’s and these are not to dissimilar:

I went with the Warhol ones, Def will be blacking out the tongue label and cutting the heel label completely off. I liked the way the Boyd’s looked… I had a pair that were just too damn small…

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #11284 on: October 30, 2022, 07:32:27 PM »
Anyone got a good lead on discount Half Cabs?
https://www.unionskates.com/

31% off shoes and apparel. They have a pretty decent selection of half cabs

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11285 on: October 30, 2022, 08:51:07 PM »
Oh man. Hoping the theories lounge jawns fit the same as the denim.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #11286 on: October 30, 2022, 09:02:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone got a good lead on discount Half Cabs?
[close]
https://www.unionskates.com/

31% off shoes and apparel. They have a pretty decent selection of half cabs
with the code "spooky". goes until November 2nd I think

E

• Rep: 15
« Reply #11287 on: October 31, 2022, 09:27:06 AM »
Damn, was hoping for a good SW Halloween sale.

manysnakes

« Reply #11288 on: October 31, 2022, 09:28:21 AM »

Black Friday is right around the corner.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #11289 on: October 31, 2022, 12:06:57 PM »
Save an additional $5 on any deck currently priced at $38.95 with promo code "5OFF"

Free shipping over $100

https://lbskate.com/collections/decktober

Picked up a Hopps and Girl deck plus some Spitfires on sale. I saw another ad while on the site it said free Bones Reds with purchase of $50 or more so added those to the cart. Also snagged a sheet of Pepper grip to try out. It was $118 and didn’t qualify for free shipping but I only paid $5 shipped to Florida so can’t complain.

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #11290 on: October 31, 2022, 01:15:21 PM »
Thanks y'all for the half cab recs!
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

LebowskisRug

« Reply #11291 on: October 31, 2022, 01:45:02 PM »
Lots of the LB skate Magentas say 8.375, but Googling I don't see that size offered almost anywhere else. Is that actually that weird 8.4 they do?

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #11292 on: October 31, 2022, 03:05:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone know what wood shop they use for their decks?

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Skate_Warehouse_Ashbury_Deck_Pnk_Blu/descpage-SWABU21DK.html

manysnakes

« Reply #11293 on: October 31, 2022, 03:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Skate_Warehouse_Ashbury_Deck_Pnk_Blu/descpage-SWABU21DK.html

The word is Clutch, but I have no idea if that's correct.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1153
« Reply #11294 on: October 31, 2022, 04:19:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If history repeats its self SW has a gift card on the daily does, 10 or 20 percent off a week or 2 before Black Friday weekend.

Their shop boards are clutch if you buy a regular board(even if it’s on clearance or sale) shop boards are 20$ and that deal usually works with whatever other discounts

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11295 on: October 31, 2022, 04:23:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes.

SW are one of the few places that have very clear top views of every deck, with that one having the round size sticker over the two stamp, letter / number combination that is well known to be from Clutch.

The "O" shape, square nose and tail, standard wheelbase.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2013
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11296 on: October 31, 2022, 08:04:03 PM »
Shout out to Skate Deluxe too for measurements and top ply pictures, was looking at some Skate Mental boards and you can see the Clutch sticker on some of the older graphics.

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/skate-mental-shop
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #11297 on: November 01, 2022, 06:13:56 AM »
https://www.lucreindustries.com/
Looks like Lucre is starting their black friday sale today.

Get hungry on it!

switchfakie

« Reply #11298 on: November 01, 2022, 06:53:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If history repeats its self SW has a gift card on the daily does, 10 or 20 percent off a week or 2 before Black Friday weekend.

Their shop boards are clutch if you buy a regular board(even if it’s on clearance or sale) shop boards are 20$ and that deal usually works with whatever other discounts

i wouldnt buy them if i were you

the boards feel extremely light, they are very thin and just dont feel right. i personally stopped and started buying the tactics shop decks because theyre bbs, the graphics dont suck & have some variety in shapes available (dimensions are provided in the description)

the tactics boards range from 35-45 but theyre worth the extra compared to a skate warehouse. i dont even feel like im riding a shop deck

manysnakes

« Reply #11299 on: November 01, 2022, 08:09:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

the boards feel extremely light, they are very thin and just dont feel right. i personally stopped and started buying the tactics shop decks because theyre bbs, the graphics dont suck & have some variety in shapes available (dimensions are provided in the description)

the tactics boards range from 35-45 but theyre worth the extra compared to a skate warehouse. i dont even feel like im riding a shop deck

There are almost always some closeout Tactics decks, too, which bring the price way down with sales. I will also back them - got one when I was in Eugene and needed a deck and it ended up lasting me basically the whole summer.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #11300 on: November 01, 2022, 08:44:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

There are almost always some closeout Tactics decks, too, which bring the price way down with sales. I will also back them - got one when I was in Eugene and needed a deck and it ended up lasting me basically the whole summer.

Also, check out LBskate.com. Their shop decks are BBS and are super solid. They have shapes that are more like Baker shapes and a couple that are squared and steep like Hockey—I prefer the Hockey like ones.

Best part, they always have some sort of deal/sale on those decks.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #11301 on: November 01, 2022, 10:20:29 AM »

Yeah Tactics shop decks are great. The mostly blank one even has some color plys. Quality seems just as good as my Welcome and Real boards.

Got an LBSkate one too and it’s nice:

Also, FA has decks for $30 today.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 10:29:21 AM by OhioGuy »

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 103
« Reply #11302 on: November 01, 2022, 10:29:19 AM »
https://faworldentertainment.com/collections/2022-moving-sale

30 dollar decks. Got a mystery box just so my on ice pile wouldn’t take over my apartment.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #11303 on: November 01, 2022, 10:39:49 AM »
https://www.tactics.com/fall-sale/skate
Tactics fall sale 20% of w/ code: fallskate22

Get hungry on it!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #11304 on: November 01, 2022, 11:26:24 AM »
https://faworldentertainment.com/collections/2022-moving-sale

30 dollar decks. Got a mystery box just so my on ice pile wouldn’t take over my apartment.

So far this is definitely the best deal. I’m just debating if I need 3 decks or just do 2.

Also what’s there shape 2 like?

thespacewolf

• Rep: 16
« Reply #11305 on: November 01, 2022, 11:32:40 AM »

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #11306 on: November 01, 2022, 11:33:05 AM »
I just got 4 of the 8.5 shape 2, which I already have a stockpile of lol.

Its basically the 8.5 dlx navy eagle, except true 8.5 across without taper, normal round nose and tail normal steepness. True 14.25 wheelbase. true 31.91 length or whatever. Really good

Cant skate those super steep square kicks

LebowskisRug

« Reply #11307 on: November 01, 2022, 11:59:32 AM »
Damn, Tactics took a bunch of sale items in my cart off sale for the promo, then with the code they're on sale for less than before.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #11308 on: November 01, 2022, 12:03:13 PM »
I just got 4 of the 8.5 shape 2, which I already have a stockpile of lol.

Its basically the 8.5 dlx navy eagle, except true 8.5 across without taper, normal round nose and tail normal steepness. True 14.25 wheelbase. true 31.91 length or whatever. Really good

Cant skate those super steep square kicks

Sounds great. I got a shape 2 which I feel I should of got 2 of them. A shape 1 and one deck that wasn’t listed so I assume shape 1 but whatever. I’m stoked on 3 decks for 90$

manysnakes

« Reply #11309 on: November 01, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »
Am I missing it or are there basically no #2 shapes on sale?