Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2186266 times)

Skatebrain

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #11760 on: November 30, 2022, 03:43:00 AM »
Likely spring drops already ordered too.     

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #11761 on: November 30, 2022, 01:27:21 PM »
Anyone have a good lead on a fair priced full roll of grip? Mob or Pepper or Jessup Ultra?

EDIT: Went to MESA Dist. Signed up for 15% off first order....Roll of Galaxy boyeee!

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11762 on: November 30, 2022, 09:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote
made it out alive for black friday/cyber monday with just a set of Reds from my local
[close]

Xmas is right around the corner so it's likely that retailers will slash prices again to clear inventory before the end of the year.

This was the first time in a long while that we saw deck prices dip below $30, I wonder if retailers and brands have shot themselves in the foot by overstuffing customers now (sacrificing future sales) or skewed their expectations on prices (customers not willing to pay more than $35 for boards).

Talking to a couple of other shop people and things sure are looking "interesting" in that regard.

Way too much stock everywhere and now with all those sales, there might be even less purchased between now and Christmas, but it is also surprising how many regular people don't jump on the sale wagon and just go looking for something with no regard for the price anyway.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11763 on: November 30, 2022, 09:10:59 PM »
Hopefully more sales come around, I held strong and didn't buy anything skate related (injured) but now I've set my sights on something for post recovery and I missed all the good ones!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #11764 on: December 01, 2022, 09:43:53 AM »
Zumiez also has black/white 1010s for $50 in size 8 and 10. Someone buy them so I don't!!!

https://www.zumiez.com/new-balance-numeric-1010-tiago-lemos-black-white-gum-skate-shoes.html

Andmoreagain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #11765 on: December 01, 2022, 10:17:56 AM »
Retail businesses are in a tricky situation rn. A lot of them placed big orders during the high demand/supply shortage of the pandemic and are sitting on a glut of inventory. A potential rail strike (which i support) would put more pressure on supply too so clearing house now could mean problems down the line. Looks like our overlord have decided to take the railworkers bargaining power away though so who knows what'll happen.

Anyway, tough spot, especially for a fast fashion business like skateboarding. 

chronicbackpain

• Rep: 157
« Reply #11766 on: December 01, 2022, 12:59:33 PM »
Skate Warehouse is doing a gift card sale where you get a gift card for spending a certain amount until 12/5. $25 bonus for $125, $50 bonus for $250, and $100 bonus for $400.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #11767 on: December 01, 2022, 01:48:18 PM »
https://www.cassetteskateshop.com/collections/sale-decks

Added a few sale decks to the site.
Also if you’re a pal and grab a board or something from the site, let me know in the message section and I’ll throw in a free shop hat or talkboy tee in with the order.
Hoping to have everything up on there soon!

thehogsniper

• Rep: 55
« Reply #11768 on: December 01, 2022, 07:03:45 PM »
Retail businesses are in a tricky situation rn. A lot of them placed big orders during the high demand/supply shortage of the pandemic and are sitting on a glut of inventory. A potential rail strike (which i support) would put more pressure on supply too so clearing house now could mean problems down the line. Looks like our overlord have decided to take the railworkers bargaining power away though so who knows what'll happen.

you shut down the railways you only worsen an already grim economic situation. I get people want to support unions, but it's like if suddenly the electric power industry decided to strike. it harms everyone.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #11769 on: December 01, 2022, 08:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
you shut down the railways you only worsen an already grim economic situation. I get people want to support unions, but it's like if suddenly the electric power industry decided to strike. it harms everyone.

And anyone who doesn't support the workers in this situation does not understand the economic dynamics of what is going on.

The railworkers are striking for BASIC paid sick leave that every other major country provides for ALL workers normally. Let alone during an ongoing pandemic we are all being forced to work through.

The wealthy people in charge of the rail companies are saying "we would rather hold the country's economy hostage to avoid taking a minuscule hit to our profits by providing humane treatment".

It is absurd greed on levels we haven't seen since the gilded age, and I'm sorry, but anyone giving anything but unwavering support for these workers is falling for the media's victim-blaming narrative like an absolute chump.

Take a moment and hear the other side of the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_vG9i8AmQ

Would an economic breakdown hurt the poor, working class, class more than the wealthy? Absolutely. Is it the railworkers demanding basic humanity's fault? No. This should radicalize all of us against the wealthy people holding the country hostage (in the name of greed and refusing basic humane treatment to our fellow human beings), not make you hand-wring and scold the people who are at their breaking point.

Everyone who believes otherwise needs to reflect on where/how they are consuming news stories, because whoever is feeding them this shit is not biased towards your best interests.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #11770 on: December 01, 2022, 08:24:12 PM »
please take this stuff back to the SLAP world economics thread.

ok, lets get back to the topic at hand.

Has anyone seen any good sales on NB 440H all black. 

my xmas list hasn't changed much in 30 years.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

FuzzGNU

« Reply #11771 on: December 01, 2022, 08:32:21 PM »
please take this stuff back to the SLAP world economics thread.

ok, lets get back to the topic at hand.

Has anyone seen any good sales on NB 440H all black. 

my xmas list hasn't changed much in 30 years.

If you promise to support all striking workers, I got you:

https://www.paradeworld.com/product/new-balance-numeric-440-high-shoes-black-147-39649016545335/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0sy-OC5G10

Lessfillingtastegreat

« Reply #11772 on: December 01, 2022, 08:45:21 PM »
trust me I get it.  best bud is a union rep for local 21.

I just don't come to SLAP sale thread for politics.  I come here for dopamine hit I get from buying stuff. 

and useless for the occasional Mikey Taylor comment etc..

all good tho.  Good to have passion.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

FuzzGNU

« Reply #11773 on: December 01, 2022, 09:14:25 PM »
trust me I get it.  best bud is a union rep for local 21.

I just don't come to SLAP sale thread for politics.  I come here for dopamine hit I get from buying stuff. 

and useless for the occasional Mikey Taylor comment etc..

all good tho.  Good to have passion.

Were those the shoes you were looking for or is there one without the white stitches I don't know about?

Lessfillingtastegreat

« Reply #11774 on: December 01, 2022, 09:23:52 PM »
Those are them.  I don’t understand parade world.  It’s like a left. Overs market place? I wear 10.5 80$. But in size 12 they are 50$. Interesting sales model.   Is it like Ross or Marshall’s of skate goods?

FuzzGNU

« Reply #11775 on: December 01, 2022, 09:27:28 PM »
Those are them.  I don’t understand parade world.  It’s like a left. Overs market place? I wear 10.5 80$. But in size 12 they are 50$. Interesting sales model.   Is it like Ross or Marshall’s of skate goods?

Its very strange.

Its a marketplace of local skate shops. Think like Ebay where its a bunch of different individual sellers... but for some reason they hide who the sellers are now (this was a change from when they started). So you might be buying from a local shop in Boston or Texas or whatever, but you won't really know?

Its weird. I don't know the exact details of how sales like this one works for example.

Its fine for getting one rare item or one things that's on sale, but if you are trying to grab a bunch of things all at once, you are going to be paying shipping individually for each one.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #11776 on: December 02, 2022, 02:07:13 AM »

Parade world is a market place of sorts. It has a bunch of shops from all over the country participating. The way I understand the idea is that you are purchasing from the closest shop that stocks that product and size. The price difference would mean they are being sourced from 2 different shops that are selling for different amounts.

I used to use their site to find things I was looking for and then in the cart it would say what shop they were coming from, then I would go directly to that shop and order as I believe parade world takes a portion of the sale from the shop for using their platform.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

switchfakie

« Reply #11777 on: December 02, 2022, 05:36:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

And anyone who doesn't support the workers in this situation does not understand the economic dynamics of what is going on.

The railworkers are striking for BASIC paid sick leave that every other major country provides for ALL workers normally. Let alone during an ongoing pandemic we are all being forced to work through.

The wealthy people in charge of the rail companies are saying "we would rather hold the country's economy hostage to avoid taking a minuscule hit to our profits by providing humane treatment".

It is absurd greed on levels we haven't seen since the gilded age, and I'm sorry, but anyone giving anything but unwavering support for these workers is falling for the media's victim-blaming narrative like an absolute chump.

Take a moment and hear the other side of the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_vG9i8AmQ

Would an economic breakdown hurt the poor, working class, class more than the wealthy? Absolutely. Is it the railworkers demanding basic humanity's fault? No. This should radicalize all of us against the wealthy people holding the country hostage (in the name of greed and refusing basic humane treatment to our fellow human beings), not make you hand-wring and scold the people who are at their breaking point.

Everyone who believes otherwise needs to reflect on where/how they are consuming news stories, because whoever is feeding them this shit is not biased towards your best interests.

dis the sale thread g

switchfakie

« Reply #11778 on: December 02, 2022, 05:37:48 AM »
Skate Warehouse is doing a gift card sale where you get a gift card for spending a certain amount until 12/5. $25 bonus for $125, $50 bonus for $250, and $100 bonus for $400.

yeh cant trust em no more after data breach and their absolute shit shop decks

not for me & i wouldnt recommend to anybody

Lessfillingtastegreat

« Reply #11779 on: December 02, 2022, 06:05:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeh cant trust em no more after data breach and their absolute shit shop decks

not for me & i wouldnt recommend to anybody

I saw the insta post about data breach protection is that real? in that if you have purchased from there you need to protect yourself with the offered fraud protection.  Never ordering from that place. Seems to have this happen often. 

I work at CCS fro a while in San Luis Obispo.  I think Skate Warehouse is a lot of the same dudes.  Good people at the time but this was years ago. 

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #11780 on: December 02, 2022, 06:08:25 AM »
honestly, who cares.  shit literally happens all the time with online retailers and your money is insured.  it sucks and its an inconvenience, but a class action suit over it is completely ridiculous.  it was an error and its been corrected, no need to try to ruin a decent shop over it. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #11781 on: December 02, 2022, 06:34:00 AM »
Sorry to add another nonsale post, but Skatewarehouse is my online go-to. Never had CC issues, but I also always use guest checkout.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #11782 on: December 02, 2022, 06:46:35 AM »
Sorry to add another nonsale post, but Skatewarehouse is my online go-to. Never had CC issues, but I also always use guest checkout.

Knock on wood. I’ve ordered from SW a few times after and before the breach. And at this point I’ve not had an issue that I’m aware of atleast. But I also only ever use guest check out.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #11783 on: December 02, 2022, 07:06:25 AM »
Anyone get a random email for a class action against skate warehouse? I found one in my junk-mail, which I assume it's also a scam. I never had issue with SW, but also I only used paypal through them.

poodude

• Rep: 22
« Reply #11784 on: December 02, 2022, 07:24:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its very strange.

Its a marketplace of local skate shops. Think like Ebay where its a bunch of different individual sellers... but for some reason they hide who the sellers are now (this was a change from when they started). So you might be buying from a local shop in Boston or Texas or whatever, but you won't really know?

Its weird. I don't know the exact details of how sales like this one works for example.

Its fine for getting one rare item or one things that's on sale, but if you are trying to grab a bunch of things all at once, you are going to be paying shipping individually for each one.

Thedrop.com is the same model; I've used them a bunch of times with no issues. Nice thing is it's always free shipping, and most of my orders have come from 303 or pharmacy boardshop. If a site you want to buy from has a minimum purchase amount for free shipping, I check there as they might be selling the same item with no minimum. I did that a bunch with the Primitive sale. On top of that I just use a new email or put a '.' in the email and I get 20% off as well.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #11785 on: December 02, 2022, 08:07:11 AM »
honestly, who cares.  shit literally happens all the time with online retailers and your money is insured.  it sucks and its an inconvenience, but a class action suit over it is completely ridiculous.  it was an error and its been corrected, no need to try to ruin a decent shop over it.

You would expect an online retailer to take reasonable protections when handling your PII and they did not. Simple as.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11786 on: December 02, 2022, 09:09:36 AM »

I use my account for checkout, always use PayPal linked to my CC (with great fraud protection anyway).

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #11787 on: December 02, 2022, 09:26:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It sounds like we should give workers what they want, then.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11788 on: December 02, 2022, 10:24:21 AM »
My Tilly Element rail arrived today. Came FEDEX and in great looking shape.

I can't wait to be able to do strenuous activity again next week since I had a medical procedure on Tuesday.

Lessfillingtastegreat

« Reply #11789 on: December 02, 2022, 10:41:23 AM »
Sounds like post vasectomy instructions.  Lol. Don’t ask how I know.