Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2235133 times)

SupremePizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 53
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #13620 on: October 12, 2023, 02:17:57 PM »
Have a 15% off SPoT code I'm not going to use. Code is skaterowned29

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #13621 on: October 14, 2023, 02:45:19 PM »
Have a 15% off SPoT code I'm not going to use. Code is skaterowned29

Just fyi you can just change the number when those stop working, or at least you used to be able to. I haven't ordered since skaterowned22 so maybe they've changed it but it always seemed semi-intentional to me.

Also they aren't limited to a single use or user, it's like the spot version of daddies20.

Gallaz For Men

• Rep: 38
  • Nice Skate Shoes
« Reply #13622 on: October 16, 2023, 12:30:59 PM »
Some Monarch decks are 20 bucks on ThankYou Supply's website. It doesn't look like it expands to Enjoi and i didn't bother checking anything else. I stumbled acr4oss it looking for something for my daughter. This one was listed as 36 on their site but came out to 20 in the cart. Free grip +10 shipping to where im at.
https://thankyousupply.com/collections/monarch-project?sort_by=price-ascending
I love you

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #13623 on: October 16, 2023, 01:32:57 PM »
^anybody know how those boards are? 8.5 14.25 sounds pretty nice but never skated an r7 before. Usually just dlx boards, and slightly prefer the medium to mellower ones

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #13624 on: October 16, 2023, 01:41:54 PM »
^anybody know how those boards are? 8.5 14.25 sounds pretty nice but never skated an r7 before. Usually just dlx boards, and slightly prefer the medium to mellower ones
Stiff and steep if they're like the Madness R7 decks 🥴

It's cheap so may be worth a try, but they're WAY different than DLX decks.

manysnakes

« Reply #13625 on: October 16, 2023, 02:26:33 PM »

I love the R7 decks I've skated. I didn't notice the concave being as steep as some others have noted, but the stiffness is definitely there. They use a resin to bond the layers rather than a polyvinyl glue, and as such the boards stay stiffer for longer. It probably not for everyone, but as noted, it's basically $30 for a pro level deck shipped to your door with a sheet of grip, so it's possibly worth it if it interests you and you're not one of the nerds who already has 12 unskated decks in their closet.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13626 on: October 16, 2023, 04:02:43 PM »
Currently on an enjoi clearance R7 deck that has been wonderful, favorite deck in a while. Concave is pretty mellow overall, i think its only the Madness decks that are steep (based on the few I’ve seen in a shop)

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13627 on: October 16, 2023, 04:05:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love the R7 decks I've skated. I didn't notice the concave being as steep as some others have noted, but the stiffness is definitely there. They use a resin to bond the layers rather than a polyvinyl glue, and as such the boards stay stiffer for longer. It probably not for everyone, but as noted, it's basically $30 for a pro level deck shipped to your door with a sheet of grip, so it's possibly worth it if it interests you and you're not one of the nerds who already has 12 unskated decks in their closet.
So you just gonna call out half the users on this site like that?  >:( ;D

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #13628 on: October 16, 2023, 04:12:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Wish i had 12 decks stashed away.... I never thought about collecting boards I liked until  barely had disposable income.... food, rent, and the kid are a bit higher priority...
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13629 on: October 16, 2023, 04:49:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Wish i had 12 decks stashed away.... I never thought about collecting boards I liked until  barely had disposable income.... food, rent, and the kid are a bit higher priority...
Understandable. I have 10 new decks and 11 gently used ones that are still skateable. Most were bought because of this thread. Like the deal above, enough $30 decks and you'll have a collection.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1974
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #13630 on: October 16, 2023, 07:49:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Does it get cold up there on your pedestal??

I'm definitely guilty of stocking up on way too many decks despite already finding my ideal shape, so I've taken to stock up on that shape instead. At least I'll end up riding those decks eventually.

The graphics are shit but the R7 decks are really good if you like stiff and long lasting decks. They flex less than a DLX deck but don't feel overly dense like Crailtap wood which I personally hate but some people love.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13631 on: October 17, 2023, 07:26:35 PM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/dailydose.html

Sitting on a mountain of Indy Mids in all sizes from 129 - 159, $38 a pair
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #13632 on: October 17, 2023, 09:50:06 PM »

@ https://www.oldskullskateboards.com/search.php?page=1&section=product&search_query=flash%2Bsale

Flash sale on Heated Wheel and a bunch of other decks you've been thinking about getting

Me no know about shipping though

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #13633 on: October 18, 2023, 03:34:32 AM »
Currently on an enjoi clearance R7 deck that has been wonderful, favorite deck in a while. Concave is pretty mellow overall, i think its only the Madness decks that are steep (based on the few I’ve seen in a shop)

yeah i have 2 enjoi decks and they're probably some of the flattest boards i've ever had

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #13634 on: October 18, 2023, 12:23:10 PM »
If you live in Germany, Austria or Swiss or maybe anywhere else in Europe, check the shop from the homies. They are closing the shop until the end of the year and want to get rid of stuff. https://no-comply.de/
IG: @flowterspace

yaynick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13635 on: October 20, 2023, 03:23:09 PM »
Some Monarch Project R7 decks are $15 at Jack's Surfboards: https://jackssurfboards.com/collections/monarch-project?filter.p.product_type=Skateboard+Decks&sort_by=price-ascending

The item descriptions say "PICKUP ONLY", but my shipped order went through. They shipped me 5 (with free shipping over $75). I think it is overstock from a 2022 event. YMMV
These decks are for the Sky Brown autograph signing on August 5th 2022 from 5pm-7pm at our Huntington Beach location on Main St.

Some Monarch decks are 20 bucks on ThankYou Supply's website. It doesn't look like it expands to Enjoi and i didn't bother checking anything else. I stumbled acr4oss it looking for something for my daughter. This one was listed as 36 on their site but came out to 20 in the cart. Free grip +10 shipping to where im at.
I'm not certain if they will ship the free griptape

The website has "FREE GRIPTAPE INCLUDED" on decks from all brands. But if you add a different deck to your cart (e.g., Enjoi), you get a popup when you go to your cart. It asks if you want the free griptape and adds it to your cart. This isn't happening with the Monarch Project decks

It seems like the griptape "discount" does not stack with the extra 40% Monarch Project discount. You can probably contact them after though
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 07:14:38 PM by yaynick »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #13636 on: October 20, 2023, 06:04:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i have more than 12 already skated decks. worse. way worse.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13637 on: October 20, 2023, 07:53:05 PM »
Some Monarch Project R7 decks are $15 at Jack's Surfboards: https://jackssurfboards.com/collections/monarch-project?filter.p.product_type=Skateboard+Decks&sort_by=price-ascending

The item descriptions say "PICKUP ONLY", but my shipped order went through. They shipped me 5 (with free shipping over $75). I think it is overstock from a 2022 event. YMMV
Expand Quote
These decks are for the Sky Brown autograph signing on August 5th 2022 from 5pm-7pm at our Huntington Beach location on Main St.
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
I'm not certain if they will ship the free griptape

The website has "FREE GRIPTAPE INCLUDED" on decks from all brands. But if you add a different deck to your cart (e.g., Enjoi), you get a popup when you go to your cart. It asks if you want the free griptape and adds it to your cart. This isn't happening with the Monarch Project decks

It seems like the griptape "discount" does not stack with the extra 40% Monarch Project discount. You can probably contact them after though

Just the odd sizes left like 7.5, 7.75, 8.0 and 8.125.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #13638 on: October 23, 2023, 08:28:29 AM »
my local is having a real good sale this week, big discounts on sale kicks too :)

https://wearecivil.com/shop/

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #13639 on: October 23, 2023, 08:30:10 AM »
my local is having a real good sale this week, big discounts on sale kicks too :)

the best

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #13640 on: October 23, 2023, 07:51:57 PM »
I guess most.of the shoes have been bought up and sold out? I clicked on a couple nb# and there's no option for sizes but you can add it to the cart? I thought it might be just my phone messing up, buy my desktop does the same.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #13641 on: October 24, 2023, 07:13:45 AM »

Fuck yes, I'll be there either today or Thursday at the East Greenwich location to finally pop on a pair of the white dunk lows if anyone wants to do a Pals meetup.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 08:07:21 AM by Jim and Dan »
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Pushing 4D

• Rep: 10
« Reply #13642 on: October 24, 2023, 10:13:09 AM »
Anybody know why Crailtap stopped offering the 9" decks in their $80/$100 mystery boxes? They definitely still make boards in that size.  Seems random, but they haven't had them in a while. (They still have the 9.25")  Also, just make an 8.75" already.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #13643 on: October 24, 2023, 10:42:47 AM »
Anybody know why Crailtap stopped offering the 9" decks in their $80/$100 mystery boxes? They definitely still make boards in that size.  Seems random, but they haven't had them in a while. (They still have the 9.25")  Also, just make an 8.75" already.

I've skated the phawt and couch models and enjoyed them but if I've been waiting for Crail to do an 8.75 popsicle for a while.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13644 on: October 24, 2023, 01:25:47 PM »

When have they had the mystery boxes go up for sale? Haven’t seen any posted here lately and don’t see any on their site?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13645 on: October 24, 2023, 02:14:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When have they had the mystery boxes go up for sale? Haven’t seen any posted here lately and don’t see any on their site?
https://crailstore.com/?utm_source=crailMobile&utm_medium=shopNowBtn&utm_campaign=orange

They basically always have them up. You can see them on the front page of their site, in one of those squares.

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #13646 on: October 25, 2023, 07:32:12 PM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/dailydose.html

X formulas for $30

V6 shape x99s in 54 or 56

Pasta Monster

« Reply #13647 on: October 26, 2023, 12:52:19 PM »
hocuspocus
@
Theory Skate
for 20% off clothing until next Tuesday

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13648 on: October 26, 2023, 04:48:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
https://crailstore.com/?utm_source=crailMobile&utm_medium=shopNowBtn&utm_campaign=orange

They basically always have them up. You can see them on the front page of their site, in one of those squares.

Nice, had no idea. Just grabbed numerous couches, pretty well set on loveseats at the moment.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1040
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #13649 on: October 26, 2023, 10:37:08 PM »

I could be very wrong on this, but I thought the whole purpose of mystery boxes was to clear out old stock or over stock, so they would really only have whatever they have left they want to get rid of that goes into those things, so probably sold out of some sizes way more quickly than others.

As to 9" in general, there are no where near as many as there are 8, 8.25, 8.5, etc, so they might have had a few of those, got rid of them and now only the other sizes left.

Was it a 9" popsicle, or the shaped boards like Loveseat, Couch, etc?

I had seen 8.75 and 9" Crail boards at one point, but if they didn't really sell that many, or they sold out quite quickly, then I could understand why some people would often say they never make them, if they don't see them.

Crail product is not one I am that familiar with anymore, so I haven't kept up with shapes, sizes, stock or much else in the same way I have with some other distros / brands.

Googled it and came up with this, so yes I was not tripping when I thought I had seen Girl 8.75 boards before:

https://westernskateco.com/products/girl-alex-olsen-grace-jones-dedication-black-blue-8-75-skateboard-deck

* That shape / size might have died with Mr Olsen leaving the building, but who knows.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.