Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371429 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #4680 on: February 20, 2023, 11:08:46 AM »
I want to fucking die. No russ no

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #4681 on: February 20, 2023, 04:17:20 PM »

Hehehehehheh

Also,
Pat Bev - Bulls
Meters Leonard - Bucks

KBizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4682 on: February 20, 2023, 09:35:41 PM »
Phoenix is gonna explode with KD. I've never seen the city buzzing like this.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #4683 on: February 21, 2023, 08:22:38 AM »
Unpopular opinion, Russ leads you to the promise land by being the catalyst the Clippers need

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4684 on: February 21, 2023, 10:26:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Unpopular opinion, Russ leads you to the promise land by being the catalyst the Clippers need

I'm hoping it works out but I'm very displeased especially with how much talent we brought in at the deadline that he takes minutes from. Just gotta wait and see how it plays out on the court and how Ty utilizes him

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #4685 on: March 03, 2023, 10:29:12 AM »
Time to panic? Lose four straight since Russ joining yikes. And Mavs downfall in due time.  Been watching more games lately been years.  Good times. Realized Tyrese Maxey & Darius Garland are some my favorites of newer school. Excited to watch more games….

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -68
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4686 on: March 03, 2023, 12:31:48 PM »
Sixers funkin blow
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4687 on: March 03, 2023, 01:28:09 PM »
Clippers are fucking done. Tear this shit down. Team has no heart, no fire, PG keeps bringing his bozo friends in and has checked out. Ty phoning it in keeping Mook's bum ass out there. Fire Ty, send PG wherever, if Kawhi wants to hang around (doubtful) keep him, otherwise, send out the stars, get what we can in return, build around the kids and build a new culture cause this one fucking sucks.

slimvanilla

« Reply #4688 on: March 03, 2023, 03:29:11 PM »
Clippers are fucking done. Tear this shit down. Team has no heart, no fire, PG keeps bringing his bozo friends in and has checked out. Ty phoning it in keeping Mook's bum ass out there. Fire Ty, send PG wherever, if Kawhi wants to hang around (doubtful) keep him, otherwise, send out the stars, get what we can in return, build around the kids and build a new culture cause this one fucking sucks.
if only you guys had a young star like SGA to right the ship

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #4689 on: March 03, 2023, 07:30:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think they need some time to gel and run at somewhat 100%, no? PG has to step up though…

Sigh i just want a competent basketball team to watch… it’s a joke how poorly the rockets are ran rn. Coach Silas is in simulation mode i guess… Jabari and Jalen denied the ball so they throw their hands up and pout instead of getting back on transition D…
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #4690 on: March 03, 2023, 07:53:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I think they need some time to gel and run at somewhat 100%, no? PG has to step up though…

Sigh i just want a competent basketball team to watch… it’s a joke how poorly the rockets are ran rn. Coach Silas is in simulation mode i guess… Jabari and Jalen denied the ball so they throw their hands up and pout instead of getting back on transition D…

Dame has been fun to watch. Haven't paid much attention to the season. Mostly seen Blazers and Bucks.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #4691 on: March 04, 2023, 12:03:47 PM »
The Blazers have been absolutely miserable to watch for a while now. If you aren't a fan already or have masochistic tendencies, i would recommend to stay as far away as possible.
The way things are going we may end the season with 5th best lottery odds so all hope is not lost (until they trade picks and Sharpe in the offseason for some meaningless player like OG to compete for the 8th seed the next season).
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4692 on: March 04, 2023, 01:27:20 PM »
I hope the Blazers get Wanayama.   I really hope the Rockets don’t.   

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4693 on: March 04, 2023, 01:55:10 PM »
Lol me neither…. Not unless they get a new owner,  new GM and an actual competent coaching staff… you have 19-20 year olds running around the court with no guidance or plan of any sort. #SaveVictor

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4694 on: March 04, 2023, 02:09:39 PM »
Lol me neither…. Not unless they get a new owner,  new GM and an actual competent coaching staff… you have 19-20 year olds running around the court with no guidance or plan of any sort. #SaveVictor

Also, the Rockets squander all their fortunes and they’ve landed big fish over the 00s.   I’d like a team like the Blazers to get a little bit of a blessing (wouldn’t even hate for Pop to get him either)

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4695 on: March 04, 2023, 03:12:21 PM »
That’s fair. I definitely hope Portland lands him over San Antonio…

I’ve been watching clips of him recently. Man his size kind of scares me. When he crashes to the floor especially. I just keep thinking of Yao. Bulked up only for his feet and ankles to explode…Vic’s jumper and footwork are beaut though.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4696 on: March 04, 2023, 05:26:12 PM »
I love the fact that Mikal Bridges has been balling out for the Nets and Ben Simmons is potentially done over there.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4697 on: March 05, 2023, 08:39:01 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4698 on: March 08, 2023, 02:57:45 AM »
As a Lakers fan, Derek Fisher should have had his jersey retired before Pau, but as a sports fan it’s always kinda neat for it to happen regardless

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #4699 on: March 08, 2023, 10:38:53 AM »
As a Lakers fan, Derek Fisher should have had his jersey retired before Pau, but as a sports fan it’s always kinda neat for it to happen regardless

Saw a clip where he looked a little too serious, salty? During Pau's speech.

slimvanilla

« Reply #4700 on: March 08, 2023, 08:53:00 PM »
you really think so? Fisher may have won 1 more ring but Pau was way more impactful on those championship teams than dfish was. at least stats wise

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4701 on: March 08, 2023, 09:06:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you really think so? Fisher may have won 1 more ring but Pau was way more impactful on those championship teams than dfish was. at least stats wise

Fisher has 5 rings - the same years as Kobe.   

I thought Michael Cooper got retired too, but it was Jamal Wilkes I was thinking of.   I wasn’t conscious enough to know how big he was during the showtime era - Magic, Kareem and Worthy were always presented as the big 3.   

So I guess Fisher isn’t a big enough star but he was a starter or sixth man for two Lakers championship eras and that second era didn’t take off until he returned to the Lakers after the Jazz released him bc his daughter needed medical treatment and allowed him to move to where it would be best for his family.   That was the edge that helped pull them over the Celtics.   

Maybe I’m just overly nostalgic about him bc of the .04 shot and the was the calm center during a lot of the circus Kobe v Shaq days.    I def wouldn’t retire Artest/MWP, but Fish had a long and decorated Lakers career that seems deserving of it

slimvanilla

« Reply #4702 on: March 08, 2023, 09:10:25 PM »
shit you're right. i completely blanked that dfish came back to LA after that weird Golden State stint. 5 rings as the starting PG is definitely worthy of banner consideration. i guess his name just doesn't stack up to the others in the Laker rafters. at this point you really gotta be an all-timer to have your number retired for LA

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4703 on: March 08, 2023, 09:20:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I thought Michael Cooper got retired too, but it was Jamal Wilkes I was thinking of.   I wasn’t conscious enough to know how big he was during the showtime era - Magic, Kareem and Worthy were always presented as the big 3.   

So I guess Fisher isn’t a big enough star but he was a starter or sixth man for two Lakers championship eras and that second era didn’t take off until he returned to the Lakers after the Jazz released him bc his daughter needed medical treatment and allowed him to move to where it would be best for his family.   That was the edge that helped pull them over the Celtics.   

Maybe I’m just overly nostalgic about him bc of the .04 shot and the was the calm center during a lot of the circus Kobe v Shaq days.    I def wouldn’t retire Artest/MWP, but Fish had a long and decorated Lakers career that seems deserving of it

I would definitely retire D Fish’s jersey before Pau. Robert Horry deserves a retired jersey before Pau.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4704 on: March 08, 2023, 10:16:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I would definitely retire D Fish’s jersey before Pau. Robert Horry deserves a retired jersey before Pau.

Hah yeah.   Outsiders do not get the Robert Horry love we have.  And I def though Fish over Pau too bc I always found Pau frustratingly soft at the time.   

The only two retired jerseys you never heard a ton of in Lakers lore are Gail Goodrich (who seemed to kill it in the Jerry West/Wilt era) and Jamal Wilkes who I mentioned earlier. 

live, laugh, love

« Reply #4705 on: March 09, 2023, 09:48:12 AM »
Dang looks like KD might be out the rest of the season after just getting back.

slimvanilla

« Reply #4706 on: March 09, 2023, 10:00:12 AM »

yeah that's so tough. pretty sure i saw he'd just miss the rest of regular season but be back for playoffs. don't quote me on that though

live, laugh, love

« Reply #4707 on: March 09, 2023, 11:50:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yeah that's so tough. pretty sure i saw he'd just miss the rest of regular season but be back for playoffs. don't quote me on that though

Yeah I heard the same. They'll know more after his MRI today.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #4708 on: March 09, 2023, 04:20:18 PM »
KD stuff is a bummer

Hyped on my Knicks, hard to explain but this is the first squad I really feel ”connected” to since the 2000-01 season.

Also I’m about 70%-80% sure all the Morant stuff is some weird guerrilla marketing from Nike and his agent. Nobody is suddenly that dumb, they’re clearly trying to create a marketable persona. Expect an amazing commercial for his new shoe either right before playoffs or during the summer.

slimvanilla

« Reply #4709 on: March 09, 2023, 05:32:49 PM »
KD stuff is a bummer

Hyped on my Knicks, hard to explain but this is the first squad I really feel ”connected” to since the 2000-01 season.

Also I’m about 70%-80% sure all the Morant stuff is some weird guerrilla marketing from Nike and his agent. Nobody is suddenly that dumb, they’re clearly trying to create a marketable persona. Expect an amazing commercial for his new shoe either right before playoffs or during the summer.
not sure how flexing a gun on IG live, hitting a 17 year old, and rolling with an entourage of people aiming guns at opposing team buses could be an effective marketing tactic. honestly feel like they're worried they just hooked up with Kyrie 2.0 lol