Author Topic: Alien Workshop x Right Wing ?!  (Read 47350 times)

Doosh215

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: Alien Workshop x Right Wing ?!
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2022, 10:23:43 AM »
A lot of the takes in this thread were pretty bad 9 years ago, but holy fuck did they age poorly.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2022, 11:26:15 AM »
I appreciate Alien Workshop. They’ve got great, intelligent art direction. Not to mention great wood, shapes, and team. It probably just goes over most people’s heads. Kinda funny that people are getting butt hurt over it.

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2022, 11:47:50 AM »
Memory Screen? Photosynthesis? Mind Field? that Cinematographer edit? they get a forever pass for pulling together the teams and artists they did.

i'll say it again -- carter/hill/castrucci = lifetime pass. they can make rob/big and alex jones boards from now til 2070 and it won't undo what they did

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2022, 01:19:35 PM »
So who of the carter  Hill castrucci triangle sympathizes with the ultra right then?

Also Cinematographer Project was Benny Magliano

cky enthusiast

« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2022, 01:24:39 PM »
damn i would skate this

you wouldn’t skate this? i wouldn’t pay money for it but this is a wild collab. can we get an epoch times collab on a metal board?

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2022, 03:34:58 PM »
So who of the carter  Hill castrucci triangle sympathizes with the ultra right then?

Also Cinematographer Project was Benny Magliano

Get a time machine, set for 2013, and ask them
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2022, 06:06:44 PM »
I appreciate Alien Workshop. They’ve got great, intelligent art direction. Not to mention great wood, shapes, and team. It probably just goes over most people’s heads. Kinda funny that people are getting butt hurt over it.

this edit is so good i almost cried just now watching it

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2022, 06:20:38 PM »
This thread reminded me that I forgot to grab the Kim Jong Un joint Jenkem put our a little while back

https://shop.jenkemmag.com/collections/all/products/fuct-x-jenkem-deck

Banned from the room

« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2022, 07:53:20 PM »
I never really developed any romantic fillin for this brand.

I liked the skateboarding but I was buying mainly Guy boards my whole life.

Kline Lee

I definitely never would fuck with anything political in skateboarding besides stickers.

This graphic is shit and is no where close to anything I believe in.

apport

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2022, 08:58:40 PM »
This thread reminded me that I forgot to grab the Kim Jong Un joint Jenkem put our a little while back

erik brunetti became such a dork, his ig stories is like scrolling through a maga-head boomer uncle’s facebook. totally ruined any sort of fondness i had for fuct.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2022, 09:06:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
erik brunetti became such a dork, his ig stories is like scrolling through a maga-head boomer uncle’s facebook. totally ruined any sort of fondness i had for fuct.

Fuct has always been wack. It came off as tryhard even in the early 90’s.

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2022, 09:20:30 PM »
Wow just bumping this so a few people can eat their hats when it comes to talking away ultra right fascists and the threat they pose. The lengths people go to in this thread to argue that Infowars and Alex Jones aren't essentially the Proud Boys breeding ground is mind blowing. Fast forward 9 years and an assault on the capitol and the one positive I can take away from this is that finding out about this collab has cured me of my nostalgia for the days before the Sect's unravelling. Although on the other hand it's insane to think the guys responsible for creating these decks haven't been ostracised from the community. And does it mean the riders I look(ed) up to from that era like Heath and Jake Johnson were OK with this?!

The fuck you searching for that made you find this thread? Info wars skateboard? Kinda suspect… :-X
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2022, 10:21:26 PM »
I don’t really think most people knew how dangerous Alex Jones’ reach would become at that point (Jan 2013), but, you know, go off king.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

SR ACF

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2022, 12:45:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Wow just bumping this so a few people can eat their hats when it comes to talking away ultra right fascists and the threat they pose. The lengths people go to in this thread to argue that Infowars and Alex Jones aren't essentially the Proud Boys breeding ground is mind blowing. Fast forward 9 years and an assault on the capitol and the one positive I can take away from this is that finding out about this collab has cured me of my nostalgia for the days before the Sect's unravelling. Although on the other hand it's insane to think the guys responsible for creating these decks haven't been ostracised from the community. And does it mean the riders I look(ed) up to from that era like Heath and Jake Johnson were OK with this?!
[close]

The fuck you searching for that made you find this thread? Info wars skateboard? Kinda suspect… :-X

Actually a really good article: https://thebaffler.com/outbursts/a-crime-and-a-pastime-ohaver

Another thing the article made me find out that's really cringe is Jordan Peterson likes skateboarders.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2022, 01:08:36 AM »
I don’t really think most people knew how dangerous Alex Jones’ reach would become at that point (Jan 2013), but, you know, go off king.

While I didn't know he would peek his head into the mainstream and have a future president on his show... It was widely known that he had dangerous/hateful views and that he was pushing them on an impressionable audience of people, many of which suffer from serious mental health issues like paranoia/schizophrenia.

SecularTalk (Kyle Kulinski) got his start making content pushing back against Alex Jones. InfoWars has always had concerning far-right extremists on.

Clicking on the first video that popped up when I searched "2013 Secular Talk Alex Jones":

Hmm... who is Larry Pratt?

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/larry-pratt

From this page:

Larry Pratt stands at the intersection of guns and Jesus, lobbying for absolutely unrestricted distribution of firearms while advocating a theocratic society based upon Old Testament civil and religious laws. A pivotal figure in the rise of right-wing militia, or “Patriot,” groups, he spoke at the notorious 1992 “Gathering of Christian Men” in Estes Park, Colo., where 160 neo-Nazis, Klan members, anti-Semitic Christian Identity adherents and others arguably laid the groundwork for the militia movement that would explode in 1994. He believes that white Christians must arm themselves for self-protection in the inevitable social implosions and riots that are soon to come.

Later on...

The gathering was organized by the late Pete Peters, a pastor of Christian Identity, which posits that Jews are biological descendants of Satan and people of color are subhuman. Among the 160 Estes Park attendees were Aryan Nations leader Richard G. Butler and former Aryan “ambassador” and Ku Klux Klan leader Louis Beam.

I didn't pick and choose, it was literally the first video that popped up with that search.

I'm not posting this to call you out, but to inform. I don't see the need for the condescending "go off king". Its okay if you didn't know he was all about at that time, but many of us did.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Ricky Vaughn

« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2022, 05:24:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Pretty true
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2022, 10:40:09 AM »

No offense but necro'ing this so you can try to use the power of hindsight to dunk on shit people said 9 years ago is probably the most cringeworthy thing I've seen in the entire thread.

buttchin

• Rep: 18
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2022, 11:00:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No offense but necro'ing this so you can try to use the power of hindsight to dunk on shit people said 9 years ago is probably the most cringeworthy thing I've seen in the entire thread.

No one could have predicted this in 2013 or trumps presidency until he got elected in 2016. During the process of his presidency, Trumps patronizing and lying ass gaslit all the republicans and hate groups to come out of the woodwork and expose their dumbasses to riot and loot the capitol. Trumps last horrah until he is fully and legally cancelled in the history books i hope..

cky enthusiast

« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2022, 11:02:10 AM »
the capital was “attacked” by mower dads who just took live streams of themselves hitting the dab on AOC’s desk or whatever

SR ACF

« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2022, 02:00:17 PM »
Literally everybody over here in Europe saw this coming. You donuts still on your apologetics game after your country nearly turned into the next 1930s Germany really takes the cake.

Ricky Vaughn

« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2022, 02:06:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No one could have predicted this in 2013 or trumps presidency until he got elected in 2016. During the process of his presidency, Trumps patronizing and lying ass gaslit all the republicans and hate groups to come out of the woodwork and expose their dumbasses to riot and loot the capitol. Trumps last horrah until he is fully and legally cancelled in the history books i hope..

I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

cky enthusiast

« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2022, 03:59:55 PM »
Literally everybody over here in Europe saw this coming. You donuts still on your apologetics game after your country nearly turned into the next 1930s Germany really takes the cake.

eurozone cowards can keep their opinions to themselves

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2022, 01:15:40 AM »

I wouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. We are an economic depression away from SOMETHING happening. Probably something really bad.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

apport

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2022, 07:37:49 AM »
this reminded me of the antihero david dees style boards

pretty good but real david dees art is way funnier

Banned from the room

« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2022, 08:20:09 AM »
the capital was “attacked” by mower dads who just took live streams of themselves hitting the dab on AOC’s desk or whatever

That’s called misdirection.

Probably told Cooter and his Groop Kooks he’d make them all the new Political Guard if they got this and that done.

Sit and wait it ain’t over yet.

20-30 years from now after the people got full control of the government well know exactly what actually happened beneath the surface of this Culture war they orchestrated.

I’m no sheep. I know what they do with they power

Ima go complain about it in not stoked on rn.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2022, 08:32:37 AM »
If you just put a sticker over the info wars part it's actually an awesome graphic

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: July 25, 2022, 08:47:28 AM »
If you just put a sticker over the info wars part it's actually an awesome graphic

Trucks and a Spitfire big head or Venture Awake stickers on each side and you’re good.

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2022, 09:07:47 AM »
To those saying we shouldn't apply modern perspective to criticize our past: this was only 9 years ago. I read the first page of this thread without realizing it was from 2013.

It's one thing to give Teddy Roosevelt a hard time for shooting elephants 100 years ago since most people now would agree that it's a shitty thing to do. The difference is that there's probably even MORE people agreeing with Alex Jones now than there were 9 years ago.

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2022, 09:26:25 AM »
nah fuck teddy roosevelt's racist ass too

For the record, fuck Teddy Roosevelt.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2022, 10:02:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Pretty true

I love Fuct and I still rep it, I think for the fact it was maybe the first “streetwear” tshirt I had as a kid and I have fond memories… I also just love the whole 90’s vibes in general and what the brand represented for streetwear as a whole (as a fan).
But I have to agree that Erik comes of as an idiot on social media and it bums me out.  :-\ I do look at him as the senile uncle and try to ignore it… At least he’s been kinda silent lately and I wish he stays like that.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP