Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2431033 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #13140 on: September 04, 2021, 02:37:13 AM »
Finally found one of the original colorways for the Blazers that never came out except in Japan (blazers were briefly cancelled and the only the while blazers with the black swoosh and black heel panel came out in the states.    They REALLLY need to come out

smoothbrain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #13141 on: September 04, 2021, 02:55:36 AM »
Finally found one of the original colorways for the Blazers that never came out except in Japan (blazers were briefly cancelled and the only the while blazers with the black swoosh and black heel panel came out in the states.    They REALLLY need to come out

God i remember how much of a flop those Free SBs were, almost every pair I sold came back with the tread on the bottom of the sole having fallen out

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #13142 on: September 05, 2021, 08:59:44 PM »
prod 1s re-releasing? or is he just skating an old pair

http://www.instagram.com/reel/CTdyh3bDRAd/?utm_medium=copy_link

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #13143 on: September 05, 2021, 09:07:40 PM »

I wish they’d do a re-release. I’m guessing he’s just skating an old pair from the 2015 10th anniversary re release. Would be sick to see them retro though. And the Prod 2s as well

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #13144 on: September 05, 2021, 09:18:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I wish they’d do a re-release. I’m guessing he’s just skating an old pair from the 2015 10th anniversary re release. Would be sick to see them retro though. And the Prod 2s as well

Gotta be old stock. No point in re-releasing them again. I remember picking up a 2015 pair for retail at a skate shop then a few months later two extra pairs at the Nike outlet for $39.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13145 on: September 05, 2021, 09:32:58 PM »
My 2015 pairs are brand new but they have the same yellow air bubble due to age like the one he is wearing now.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #13146 on: September 06, 2021, 11:59:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Gotta be old stock. No point in re-releasing them again. I remember picking up a 2015 pair for retail at a skate shop then a few months later two extra pairs at the Nike outlet for $39.

no point? I wish they would be in the regular line up, imo they were his best model and all his others fell short of the 1s (even the 2s and I liked them a lot). The OG pair were more reasonably priced compared to the re-releases that I believe were $110. It was close to a perfect cupsole for NikeSB and it didnt look puffy, but had all the protection you wanted and needed

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #13147 on: September 06, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »
That seems odd that another Pal found the 10 year anniversary of Prod 1 at a Nike Outlet. Truth is stranger than fiction though. My thinking is those specific pairs didn't meet the QC criteria to be in normal skate shops, so they got sent to department stores. I'll let the Pal speak for the quality on those ones though.

I've seen dunks at department store type shops. Tpically they felt good, but were slightly off from regular ones from shops that I own.  Nordstrom Rack, outlets, Ross, etc. all get the lower quality versions (even if only slightly) of the main models. At least that's what I've learned and seen firsthand.

Nordstrom Rack recently had a variety of sizes of Tyshawn's black/orange/blue leather colorway but ALL of them had insoles that didn't fit properly, as well as some with tongues that didn't quite sit right. Whereas ones I've tried on in skate shops had none of those issues.

Anyways, with the current Nike hype, I think the PROD 1 rerelease, if done with proper marketing could be a hit. I think the 10 year anniversary was awesome but they made it SUPER limited if I remember correctly. On top of it, it was right before the Nike SB popularity resurgence, which didn't hit until sometime in 2018. Up to 2017 I found dunks on sale as low as $60-70 from CCS, Boarders, and a couple other sellers online (Amazon, Nordstrom Rack, Premier, etc.) somewhat often. Mulders, Supas, Ishod dunks, etc.
Super Champion Fun Zone

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13148 on: September 06, 2021, 02:40:05 PM »
That seems odd that another Pal found the 10 year anniversary of Prod 1 at a Nike Outlet. Truth is stranger than fiction though. My thinking is those specific pairs didn't meet the QC criteria to be in normal skate shops, so they got sent to department stores. I'll let the Pal speak for the quality on those ones though.

I've seen dunks at department store type shops. Tpically they felt good, but were slightly off from regular ones from shops that I own.  Nordstrom Rack, outlets, Ross, etc. all get the lower quality versions (even if only slightly) of the main models. At least that's what I've learned and seen firsthand.

Nordstrom Rack recently had a variety of sizes of Tyshawn's black/orange/blue leather colorway but ALL of them had insoles that didn't fit properly, as well as some with tongues that didn't quite sit right. Whereas ones I've tried on in skate shops had none of those issues.

Anyways, with the current Nike hype, I think the PROD 1 rerelease, if done with proper marketing could be a hit. I think the 10 year anniversary was awesome but they made it SUPER limited if I remember correctly. On top of it, it was right before the Nike SB popularity resurgence, which didn't hit until sometime in 2018. Up to 2017 I found dunks on sale as low as $60-70 from CCS, Boarders, and a couple other sellers online (Amazon, Nordstrom Rack, Premier, etc.) somewhat often. Mulders, Supas, Ishod dunks, etc.

My local Nike outlet always has a large stock of dunks for $40 as late as summer 2018

Hazesack

• Rep: 4
« Reply #13149 on: September 06, 2021, 02:56:02 PM »
has anybody skated SB Force 58's? I'm just wondering how they skate, what's the thing with the non removable insole?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13151 on: September 07, 2021, 07:53:22 PM »

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 474
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13152 on: September 08, 2021, 12:19:29 PM »

Fog lows coming out soon.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2316
« Reply #13153 on: September 08, 2021, 04:01:01 PM »
Just added a bunch of black/yellow Dunk Highs to our online store. Have them set as a different name and picture to block bots, but here's the link: https://ninetimesskateshop.com/collections/nike/products/bumblebee-slippers

We only do one pair per customer or your order gets cancelled, so don't try and order more!

Gonna announce them on our insta soon and then they go super quick so try and get there quick if you want some.

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #13154 on: September 08, 2021, 04:09:13 PM »
Just added a bunch of black/yellow Dunk Highs to our online store. Have them set as a different name and picture to block bots, but here's the link: https://ninetimesskateshop.com/collections/nike/products/bumblebee-slippers

We only do one pair per customer or your order gets cancelled, so don't try and order more!

Gonna announce them on our insta soon and then they go super quick so try and get there quick if you want some.

I finally set updates on this thread, and caught your post right away, but of course have $8 in my bank account til tomorrow lol.

I'll catch y'all one of these times, and as always, really appreciate y'all doing this when you do 👍

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #13155 on: September 08, 2021, 06:04:23 PM »

Thank you for doing this but damn, I wanted some of the lows
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13156 on: September 08, 2021, 08:58:52 PM »

Watson always blessing us. Bummed I missed my size, but one of these days I'll get some. Thank you!!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13157 on: September 09, 2021, 12:07:24 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #13158 on: September 09, 2021, 06:48:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Fog lows coming out soon.
[close]

The fuck was that trick?  Insane barley grind the hardest way

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #13159 on: September 09, 2021, 07:18:35 AM »
Is it a 360 Barley grind because it turns frontside, or an alley-oop Bennett grind because it ends up as a switch back smith?

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13160 on: September 09, 2021, 10:51:09 AM »

We got another colorway of these. I think the pair with the gum sole is my favorite still

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13161 on: September 09, 2021, 09:17:39 PM »

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 90
« Reply #13162 on: September 10, 2021, 05:50:44 AM »
Is it a 360 Barley grind because it turns frontside, or an alley-oop Bennett grind because it ends up as a switch back smith?

Definitely not an alley oop Bennett. In my understanding of trick nomenclature:
Bennet Grind is a bs 180 into a switch smith grind, the defining difference between it and a Barley is the rotation of the ollie into the trick. Therefore an alley oop Bennet would have to start with a bs 180 and end up in a switch smith.
So an alley oop Bennet would be the same trick, approaching the rail bs instead of frontside and do a bs 180 into what amounts a switch fs smith.
I would say the trick done in the video is an alley oop Barley as he’s approaching the rail the “wrong” way for the trick and still starting with a fs 180.

Barley : starts with a fs 180 into a switch smith
Bennet: starts with a bs 180 into a switch smith.

We all know trick names are fucked up anyway but that’s my understanding of this beautiful mess. It’s only this much of a mess too because of the way the naming of the Bennet Grind happened.
He did it on a notable object (with style too), progressed and did variations of the trick . Instead of it just being known by it’s more mechanical name “bs 180 switch smith grind”, it was named comfortably alongside its older brother , the Barley grind.

Even though they are “grind tricks”, I think it’s true to say that the defining characteristic of a Barley grind was the fs 180 done as the starting point of the trick, not the nature of the smith grind. 
If this wasn’t the case, then a switch Barley grind wouldn’t be named as it is.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is, only an idiot would come to the conclusion that this is a Bennet Grind.

Or: we accept that the name Bennet grind can only be applied to a bs 180 into a switch bs smith and a Barely grind can only be applied to a fs 180 into a fs smith and any sort of alley-oop variations such as these can not be named by the pro-namesakes because the smith grind is the wrong side.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:58:28 AM by Cheshire Cat »

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #13163 on: September 10, 2021, 06:48:15 AM »
Dude it’s an alley oop switch back smith.

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #13164 on: September 10, 2021, 06:59:48 AM »
When Cole was doing 180 to switch feebles, JT was still posting here and said it was an old vert trick called a grapefruit grind.

Anyway, I’m calling this an over-grapefruit and there’s nothing any of you can do to stop me.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #13165 on: September 10, 2021, 06:59:52 AM »
this would imply that it's popped switch, but it's not.  Alley oop TO switch back smith: OK.
lol this is so stupid. My original post was intended to be flippant, not to start an actual analysis or debate.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 90
« Reply #13166 on: September 10, 2021, 07:50:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this would imply that it's popped switch, but it's not.  Alley oop TO switch back smith: OK.
lol this is so stupid. My original post was intended to be flippant, not to start an actual analysis or debate.

That’s the fun of it

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #13167 on: September 10, 2021, 08:39:55 AM »
Navy Blazers mids with the yellow swoosh are up on Nike

https://www.nike.com/t/sb-zoom-blazer-mid-skate-shoes-qX3MZV/864349-402
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #13168 on: September 10, 2021, 08:51:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That’s the fun of it

Alley oop to fakie willy grind aka the alley oop dildo grind

Ass

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13169 on: September 10, 2021, 09:49:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That’s the fun of it
[close]

Alley oop to fakie willy grind aka the alley oop dildo grind

it should be called the diaper grind because you'll need a diaper after you shit your pants watching someone do that :D