Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2431126 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #13260 on: October 24, 2021, 03:09:56 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #13261 on: October 24, 2021, 03:43:07 PM »

The apparel looks dope. Kind of feel like the blazers are a waste of an opportunity. They don’t look bad, but they seem like a missed opportunity. Basically the most readily available Nike sb shoe is the black and white blazer

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #13262 on: October 24, 2021, 04:26:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The apparel looks dope. Kind of feel like the blazers are a waste of an opportunity. They don’t look bad, but they seem like a missed opportunity. Basically the most readily available Nike sb shoe is the black and white blazer

And they’ve already sold that windbreaker in that colorway without their logo on it

pro club blanks

« Reply #13263 on: October 24, 2021, 04:40:39 PM »
...I like the ishod

It kinda has a weird tech rugged cyberpunk thing going on, like it was designed to skate over destroyed bulidings and obsolete robots lol

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #13264 on: October 24, 2021, 06:48:36 PM »
...I like the ishod

It kinda has a weird tech rugged cyberpunk thing going on, like it was designed to skate over destroyed bulidings and obsolete robots lol

agreed, & i'm not keen on nike generally but they really caught my eye

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #13265 on: October 25, 2021, 04:19:46 AM »
Can't say I hate them either ... curious for better pics and colorways.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #13266 on: October 25, 2021, 05:01:45 AM »
Expand Quote
...I like the ishod

[close]

agreed, & i'm not keen on nike generally but they really caught my eye

Tbh I think they kinda suck, and I usually like that type of shoe… they might skate good but it’s just not a clean design imo. Lines are not cohesive, random details, things just don’t flow well on it. I think the last really well designed techy skate shoe is the NB# 868… at least shit made sense, not just some random lines put together.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #13267 on: October 25, 2021, 11:28:10 AM »
Better Ishod Pro pics:
And yeah, I keep my thoughts on them. That eyestay is a mess and that 2nd layer around the cupsole looks like that brown packing tape wrapped around the upper. Not feeling it.  :-\

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #13268 on: October 25, 2021, 12:49:53 PM »
Better Ishod Pro pics:
And yeah, I keep my thoughts on them. That eyestay is a mess and that 2nd layer around the cupsole looks like that brown packing tape wrapped around the upper. Not feeling it.  :-\

valid (both of your posts, only quoting one). being 'behind the curtain' totally ruined a lot of design stuff for me as well, luckily i wasn't in the shoe industry. that being said stop ruining the magic for me bro lol

douchenozzle

• Rep: 35
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #13269 on: October 25, 2021, 12:57:49 PM »
Better Ishod Pro pics:
This shoe gets a big nope

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #13270 on: October 25, 2021, 02:26:30 PM »
Definitely too much going on with the ishod. He deserves so much better

one-off

• Rep: 109
« Reply #13271 on: October 25, 2021, 03:37:03 PM »
Better Ishod Pro pics:

Ishod is a master of all trades and a jack of none.  This shoe is something else.

pro club blanks

« Reply #13272 on: October 25, 2021, 03:49:28 PM »
I think it'll win over heads in other colors (I feel like they are totally gonna do pseudo dunk/jordan colorways and they are gonna make these the more accessible model) , I'm glad to see its utilizing react foam

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #13273 on: October 25, 2021, 03:58:36 PM »
Better Ishod Pro pics:

I don't mind the silhouette. Not sure about the mesh panel but if they block it the same color as the rest of the upper it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Stoked he's doing something different than what they've been running in the recent lines. This colorway and structure definitely make it look like something out of the 2003-2004 Nike lineup whether it's intentional or not.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1453
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #13274 on: October 25, 2021, 04:17:43 PM »
has anybody skated SB Force 58's? I'm just wondering how they skate, what's the thing with the non removable insole?
Oh shit. I just ordered a size bigger so I could flip out for a thick-ass Dr. Scholl's

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #13275 on: October 25, 2021, 05:20:36 PM »
i fw it

probably comfy as fuck

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13276 on: October 25, 2021, 08:36:04 PM »
Yeah there's a bit much going on for sure. If they just used regular mesh on the side or suede and a normal swoosh instead of the toe and heel swoosh, it would be not nearly as bad. Made a quick shitty photoshop.

Even with those changes the sole isn't as bad. I think the sole is extra bad on that colour though. The other colours it's not as bad. But yeah the upper is a little too all over the place.

foureyedjim

« Reply #13277 on: October 25, 2021, 09:01:33 PM »
If you are ishod they look fine, kinda cool.  The problem is that most people aren’t able to pull it off.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #13278 on: October 26, 2021, 05:02:50 AM »
Yeah there's a bit much going on for sure. If they just used regular mesh on the side or suede and a normal swoosh instead of the toe and heel swoosh, it would be not nearly as bad. Made a quick shitty photoshop.

Even with those changes the sole isn't as bad. I think the sole is extra bad on that colour though. The other colours it's not as bad. But yeah the upper is a little too all over the place.

These look way better. They should have put the mesh strictly on the inside panel of the shoe like they did with the REYNOLDS emerica model (the mid one)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1403
« Reply #13279 on: October 26, 2021, 06:08:34 AM »
I like the Ishods quite a bit. Would be sick if they put out a cream or grey colourway.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 124
« Reply #13280 on: October 26, 2021, 06:25:35 AM »
Supreme SB Dunk Hi Brazil

Enjoy your life.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #13281 on: October 26, 2021, 11:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These look way better. They should have put the mesh strictly on the inside panel of the shoe like they did with the REYNOLDS emerica model (the mid one)
Does Ishod have hyperhidrosis? I remember a huge feature of his bruin model was that half of it was made of mesh. Anyway I like the shoes how they are with the mesh panels everywhere, probably cos I have hyperhidrosis myself lol

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • old and in the way
« Reply #13282 on: October 26, 2021, 11:29:23 AM »
Better Ishod Pro pics:

Interesting color choice to premier Ishod's shoe in. It's not my taste, but I'm liking the React insole and the if there's other new Nike SB tech bells and whistles.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #13283 on: October 26, 2021, 11:35:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Does Ishod have hyperhidrosis? I remember a huge feature of his bruin model was that half of it was made of mesh. Anyway I like the shoes how they are with the mesh panels everywhere, probably cos I have hyperhidrosis myself lol

I'm skating those bruins right now and I love how I can feel the cool air through my shoes.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #13284 on: October 26, 2021, 11:57:08 AM »
I'm hoping that React foam in the Ishod shoe is an actual midsole, not just a cheap shell of a shoe with a thick insole stuck in it like Nike loves to do (i.e. React Bruin, Bruin Hyperfeel, Koston 3, etc.). That's the only thing that would make me pause a little bit on saying that this entire shoe belongs in the garbage.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • old and in the way
« Reply #13285 on: October 26, 2021, 01:04:47 PM »
I'm hoping that React foam in the Ishod shoe is an actual midsole, not just a cheap shell of a shoe with a thick insole stuck in it like Nike loves to do (i.e. React Bruin, Bruin Hyperfeel, Koston 3, etc.). That's the only thing that would make me pause a little bit on saying that this entire shoe belongs in the garbage.

Do you not like the SB react Bruin? I have a pair and it's one of the best cupsoles I've ever skated.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #13286 on: October 26, 2021, 01:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you not like the SB react Bruin? I have a pair and it's one of the best cupsoles I've ever skated.

Having a good midsole absorbs impact alot better vs a thick insole on top of a thin cupsole. Thats what make Reeboks and some regular adidas for example, so comfortable to skate in.

I love my bruin reacts also but the shoe would be nothing without the react insole.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #13287 on: October 26, 2021, 01:45:04 PM »
interesting development with that little react logo on the midsole..

if this isn't a drop in style, these could be amazing, except they'll come with $110+ pricetag

Global Moderator

« Reply #13288 on: October 26, 2021, 01:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote
has anybody skated SB Force 58's? I'm just wondering how they skate, what's the thing with the non removable insole?
[close]
Oh shit. I just ordered a size bigger so I could flip out for a thick-ass Dr. Scholl's

Force 58's are dope. Skating a pair now and the insole is definitely removable.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 02:03:57 PM by Global Moderator »

Global Moderator

« Reply #13289 on: October 26, 2021, 01:58:40 PM »
Better Ishod Pro pics:

These look like Fallens, Ryan Smith DCs or some Etnies shoe with a Michelin sole. Hard pass from me. Too bad as I would love to support Ishod. These shoes won't be around long