Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1733820 times)

blurst_of_times

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 790
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
Re: real confessions
« Reply #10140 on: July 27, 2021, 05:59:59 PM »
Eating crusts builds character.
And improves your singing voice. Or is that burnt crusts
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 111
« Reply #10141 on: August 07, 2021, 01:24:49 PM »
I am tripping absolute balls right now pretending to do yoga naked

norcalnobody

« Reply #10142 on: August 09, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »
After a long depressing day I thought I should come to this thread to vent so here I go.

I'm a 21 year old loser with no friends. I cut off the small circle of stoner homies I had in highschool when we graduated cause of that time being a turning point for our lives. It was kinda like that movie Superbad where they all get jealous of each other throughout the movie. My friends always felt superficial to me anyways and didn't always seem like they understood my inner mental struggles. I'm just tired of hanging with fake people that only use me for weed or misery loves company sorta vibes. It always seemed like no one in the group wanted anyone to be better than each other or else they'd become a threat.

I've had no good action on the board these past couple weeks. I always feel burnt out and my legs feel like spaghetti noodles.2020 was my best year on the board , I convinced my self to go to the skatepark multiple days a week the whole year and started skating more down rails and gnarlier obstacles. The time has come where I reached my peak and now its over. I have no motivation anymore to push myself when it comes to skating. Some slappies and a couple flat ground tricks and that's it, that's all I got.

After highschool I continued working as a bus boy at a restaurant where I one day had a mental breakdown. The fakeness of being a customer service employee kills me. I was never socially gifted to begin with and I had to put on a fake smile for two years and walk in there every day. Also a girl i knew from school got a job there one day suprisingly. She had friend zoned me and rejected me many times in public but we were still "friends." I was super weirded out when she got a job at the same place as me because I had told her where I worked before. When we were working together our other co workers noticed that we had a bit of a connection (nothing romantic, but I talked to her more than I ever did to my original co workers) and they all grouped up one day and gave me their advice saying that they thought she liked me and I should shoot my shot for her. I explained that we were just friends but all my co workers were hyping me up to do it. I ended up making a move one night when we decided to meet up and smoke. I told her how I honestly felt about her and she didn't feel the same. Things got awkward real quick,right there, right then. She ended up dating another co worker of mine. A better looking dude and made me look like a total fool and still kept working there during all of this. Everyone else knew I was mentally damaged but no one said anything.

The night after my mental break down at work (which is too embarassing to describe) I told my parents the real truth about how I felt in life and how I was depressed and had felt like I had no self esteem. My parents were clueless on how to even react and now I just regret ever having that job and putting in my final two weeks I should've never showed up the day I fucked up my flirt attempt. I'm unemployed right now just using the money I made from food delivery apps to buy my own food,weed, skate board parts, etc. My folks keep mentioning community college classes or trade school to me when really I just feel like becoming a homeless skateboarder and smoking weed all day while I sit on my ass on the sidewalk eating takeout with the $ I beg for and watching as hot chicks go by.

I really have been thinking about going homeless though. Maybe hitchhike to SF or Santa Cruz cause the scene there might be better. I just love living stress free and not having to worry about security or materialistic things. I feel ashamed of not being able to please my parents by getting a 9 to 5 but I hate the corporate world.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:46:44 PM by norcalnobody »

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 111
« Reply #10143 on: August 10, 2021, 12:26:53 PM »
After a long depressing day I thought I should come to this thread to vent so here I go.

I'm a 21 year old loser with no friends. I cut off the small circle of stoner homies I had in highschool when we graduated cause of that time being a turning point for our lives. It was kinda like that movie Superbad where they all get jealous of each other throughout the movie. My friends always felt superficial to me anyways and didn't always seem like they understood my inner mental struggles. I'm just tired of hanging with fake people that only use me for weed or misery loves company sorta vibes. It always seemed like no one in the group wanted anyone to be better than each other or else they'd become a threat.

I've had no good action on the board these past couple weeks. I always feel burnt out and my legs feel like spaghetti noodles.2020 was my best year on the board , I convinced my self to go to the skatepark multiple days a week the whole year and started skating more down rails and gnarlier obstacles. The time has come where I reached my peak and now its over. I have no motivation anymore to push myself when it comes to skating. Some slappies and a couple flat ground tricks and that's it, that's all I got.

After highschool I continued working as a bus boy at a restaurant where I one day had a mental breakdown. The fakeness of being a customer service employee kills me. I was never socially gifted to begin with and I had to put on a fake smile for two years and walk in there every day. Also a girl i knew from school got a job there one day suprisingly. She had friend zoned me and rejected me many times in public but we were still "friends." I was super weirded out when she got a job at the same place as me because I had told her where I worked before. When we were working together our other co workers noticed that we had a bit of a connection (nothing romantic, but I talked to her more than I ever did to my original co workers) and they all grouped up one day and gave me their advice saying that they thought she liked me and I should shoot my shot for her. I explained that we were just friends but all my co workers were hyping me up to do it. I ended up making a move one night when we decided to meet up and smoke. I told her how I honestly felt about her and she didn't feel the same. Things got awkward real quick,right there, right then. She ended up dating another co worker of mine. A better looking dude and made me look like a total fool and still kept working there during all of this. Everyone else knew I was mentally damaged but no one said anything.

The night after my mental break down at work (which is too embarassing to describe) I told my parents the real truth about how I felt in life and how I was depressed and had felt like I had no self esteem. My parents were clueless on how to even react and now I just regret ever having that job and putting in my final two weeks I should've never showed up the day I fucked up my flirt attempt. I'm unemployed right now just using the money I made from food delivery apps to buy my own food,weed, skate board parts, etc. My folks keep mentioning community college classes or trade school to me when really I just feel like becoming a homeless skateboarder and smoking weed all day while I sit on my ass on the sidewalk eating takeout with the $ I beg for and watching as hot chicks go by.

I really have been thinking about going homeless though. Maybe hitchhike to SF or Santa Cruz cause the scene there might be better. I just love living stress free and not having to worry about security or materialistic things. I feel ashamed of not being able to please my parents by getting a 9 to 5 but I hate the corporate world.

There is a wellness and outreach support thread stickied in Whatever if you'd feel you'd like to talk to someone over there. By no means a bunch of therapists, but a lot of people have been where you are before and are maybe a little bit older/have some insight. Couldn't hurt to lay it out there

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #10144 on: August 10, 2021, 02:32:13 PM »

First, disregard any guilt you may harbor over that mental breakdown. It’s in the past, it happened, you are stronger for it. Rejection sucks, but it’s part of life. It blows that it got so awkward and that there were several cohorts invested in the outcome, but she was upfront and honest to your face no matter how uneasy it was. Plenty of people wouldn’t be and that’s much worse..

Invest in yourself, young one. Learn a skill or trade then try your hitchhiking adventure. What are your interests?
Your folks sound supportive enough, gentle urges in a direction that could set you up with a safe career. As far as their reaction, no parent has all the answers and it can be devastating to hear their child is depressed. I’m sure they would be happy if you got a 9-5 grind, but would be even more stoked if you were doing something that brings you happiness.

Life is never completely free of stressors. The reality is that work is necessary. Either to keep yourself preoccupied or keep yourself safe. You have purpose, you will find it.

P.S. Please don’t try living on the streets without deep preparation for it. It is glamorized in fiction. Learn basic survival skills.
For most it isn’t a choice and a lot don’t bounce back.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10145 on: August 10, 2021, 09:39:11 PM »
i really like nyjahs new shoe and considering buying a pair .. already thinking about cutting his name off the tongue but still hesitant to pull trigger
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 698
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10146 on: August 12, 2021, 11:05:05 AM »
Don't be a lame that's concerned with what other people think and cop those Nynjahs.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10147 on: August 13, 2021, 01:12:01 PM »
I'm trying really hard to meet women and it's not working. When I look at myself in the mirror I think that I'm a handsome man, but I know I must not be considering I get no play on the apps. I try to meet women in the wild too but no one's interested in what I'm selling. I oscillate between being distraught over it and accepting that I'll be alone forever in stride all the time. Serious mood swings. I wish I could stay indifferent forever.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10148 on: August 13, 2021, 01:47:08 PM »
I'm trying really hard to meet women and it's not working. When I look at myself in the mirror I think that I'm a handsome man, but I know I must not be considering I get no play on the apps. I try to meet women in the wild too but no one's interested in what I'm selling. I oscillate between being distraught over it and accepting that I'll be alone forever in stride all the time. Serious mood swings. I wish I could stay indifferent forever.

maybe you should go to an open mic and try stand up comedy since you’re so self deprecating and im sure you’re funny in real life .. and try and meet a girl that’s into that scene

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10149 on: August 13, 2021, 01:48:09 PM »
Don't be a lame that's concerned with what other people think

this isn’t computing

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10150 on: August 13, 2021, 04:45:11 PM »
I know you're probably tired of unsolicited advice and don't want to hear a "nahh man you're a handsome stud!" line because even though people are well-intentioned, it can get old (at least it did when I was feeling like I'd be single forever). So all i will say is that I truly do hope for you to find happiness in whatever form it will look like for you, and I am looking forward to the day when you find it and post about it on here because I have been reading your posts on SLAP for almost 10 years now and you really seem like a kindhearted soul and a good person, and you deserve happiness.

And you have great flick on your kickflips.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #10151 on: August 14, 2021, 05:43:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

And you have great flick on your kickflips.

Man, you can say that again. That one on the tennis court over the can in the wifebeater (am I misremembering the wardrobe and topography?) was outright studly.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10152 on: August 14, 2021, 06:44:24 PM »
Real talk I do not feel bad for abandoning my poisonous mom at all, my older siblings have told me so and I’m heading their advice.

I’ve tried and wanted to honestly say I tried with little success but I gave it my best.

I find it funny how these boomers from 81-77 age they’ve done waaaaaay too many good drugs and we’re the result.

Dueces Bitch's

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1508
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #10153 on: August 15, 2021, 01:57:49 AM »
Real talk I do not feel bad for abandoning my poisonous mom at all, my older siblings have told me so and I’m heading their advice.

I’ve tried and wanted to honestly say I tried with little success but I gave it my best.

I find it funny how these boomers from 81-77 age they’ve done waaaaaay too many good drugs and we’re the result.

Dave Ramsey isn't 100% correct.  That being said, I appreciate his various videos explaining in detail how to deal with family who feel they can bilk their family members/children for cash.

I'm going through that right now with a parent and it sucks, but you know what, I refuse to finance their stupidity.  In my case, it is BIG stupidity.  Inarguable stupidity.  Egregious stupidity.  Take care of YOUR finances, YOUR credit score, and YOUR mental health first and foremost.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10154 on: August 15, 2021, 03:38:28 PM »
Just wanna say I love you guys. You've been friends when my irl ones have been less than. I love my irl friends too, but we're not always on the same page.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10155 on: August 15, 2021, 04:51:35 PM »
Just wanna say I love you guys. You've been friends when my irl ones have been less than. I love my irl friends too, but we're not always on the same page.
Keep your head up and keep doing those kickflips and you'll be okay.

Seriously. I cannot stress enough how good your kickflip is.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 98
« Reply #10156 on: August 16, 2021, 05:14:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Keep your head up and keep doing those kickflips and you'll be okay.

Seriously. I cannot stress enough how good your kickflip is.

Now I wanna see THE kickflip

My only advice on meeting women (in case you wanna 'hear' it) is don't go out there ONLY looking to meet women. Go do your daily life and don't force encounters.

Let it happen naturally and you won't be nervous or thinking what you should do next in order to impress the ladies. Easier said than done I know but once things flow naturally you will be more confident and the ladies love confident men. Say your shit like you mean it and don't hesitate in complimenting her, not only her looks but what she's wearing and the way she talks and giggles and shit

Hope this helps somehow

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1415
« Reply #10157 on: August 31, 2021, 08:42:59 AM »
Nearly a decade ago I went through a Taco Bell drive-thru and attempted to order a Chalupa Supreme. Instead, I ordered a "Chipotle Extreme". The guy on speaker was like "YOU WANT A WHAT?!" and I kept repeating myself. When I pulled up to pay everyone inside was laughing at me.

Still think about that sometimes.  :-\
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #10158 on: August 31, 2021, 02:39:13 PM »

I started writing an essay for you, but I'll just try to cut right to it.
I was unmotivated as fuck at your age. 33 now.
Shit gets better.
Things that matter now will be trivial in the not so distant future.
Have confidence in yourself. You're more capable than you think.
Don't be homeless. Definitely take a chance and move away if you need a change of scenery or just an adventure while you're young and don't have much responsibility, but make sure you've always got a comfortable place to stay and a way to put food on your table.
Life is stressful, and I've never met a truly stress-free person. Even eliminating material things from your life will not completely remove stress. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting nice things in life and enough money to do what you want. How you make that happen comes down to the moves you make in life. Try to make the right ones, and learn when it doesn't go your way.

I hope this doesn't come off as me being a "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" dickhead. I honestly wish more people were straight with me earlier on. You've got this man.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1441
« Reply #10159 on: August 31, 2021, 04:22:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I started writing an essay for you, but I'll just try to cut right to it.
I was unmotivated as fuck at your age. 33 now.
Shit gets better.
Things that matter now will be trivial in the not so distant future.
Have confidence in yourself. You're more capable than you think.
Don't be homeless. Definitely take a chance and move away if you need a change of scenery or just an adventure while you're young and don't have much responsibility, but make sure you've always got a comfortable place to stay and a way to put food on your table.
Life is stressful, and I've never met a truly stress-free person. Even eliminating material things from your life will not completely remove stress. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting nice things in life and enough money to do what you want. How you make that happen comes down to the moves you make in life. Try to make the right ones, and learn when it doesn't go your way.

I hope this doesn't come off as me being a "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" dickhead. I honestly wish more people were straight with me earlier on. You've got this man.

This is good advice and doesn't come off as bootstrapping. Ur good 👍🏼

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10160 on: September 02, 2021, 08:31:19 AM »
I really like Nyjah and the stupid pictures he posts of himself on instagram. The kids alright. That elk photo kills me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTTKjEbpYfF/

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #10161 on: September 02, 2021, 08:34:16 AM »
every time i click through those nyjah posts i laugh my ass off because my roommate ahmed looks so much like him, i imagine ahmed balling like nyjah. i have to get him to dress up as nigel once and take a pic.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #10162 on: September 04, 2021, 11:13:43 PM »
Bro if he doesn’t skate you should defz dress him up get one of those nyjah boards and film him having a go at skating and tell him to get real mad when he falls off

Upload it to YouTube call it milkin’ it
There is potential here
listen to cosmic psychos

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #10163 on: September 06, 2021, 01:47:52 AM »
Haven't had a good session skating without drinking for months now.
Lonely outside skating I just can't make friends.

T4T

• Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #10164 on: September 06, 2021, 03:55:22 AM »
Haven't had a good session skating without drinking for months now.
Lonely outside skating I just can't make friends.

I had one buddy who skates but he works 12 hours 7 days and never has time to skate w me :( real bummer shit tbh
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #10165 on: September 06, 2021, 11:03:35 AM »
Anyone do in-store shopping, maybe for the health food front of one of the biggest corporations in the world? I want to apply to grad school for next fall and I just need to empty my brain for the GRE. How awful could it be?
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Fasttimes

• Rep: -20
« Reply #10166 on: September 07, 2021, 07:56:59 AM »
Anyone do in-store shopping, maybe for the health food front of one of the biggest corporations in the world? I want to apply to grad school for next fall and I just need to empty my brain for the GRE. How awful could it be?

Study, study, and then study. It's not bad if you committ to proper time management and have enough time ahead to prepare.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #10167 on: September 07, 2021, 12:43:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Study, study, and then study. It's not bad if you committ to proper time management and have enough time ahead to prepare.

I had a friend who did that (personal shopper said company), said it wasn't too terrible.

With the GRE, yeah, just study. There is some rote memorization with the vocab and math stuff, but a lot of it is logic and critical thinking with answering questions (not giving them more information than they want even though questions will often tempt you to do so, etc.)

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10168 on: September 07, 2021, 01:08:10 PM »
(not giving them more information than they want even though questions will often tempt you to do so, etc.)

So far, this is every paper I've written in grad school.

My confession: I attempted the write a stupid introduction about myself on the online discussion board for my HR class. I was pretty blown out and seriously typed "I have my basters degree in..." meaning to say bachelors. Thankfully I caught it and had a good laugh. Somehow I breeze through this shit.

You'll do fine, Dwyck.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #10169 on: September 14, 2021, 08:36:37 PM »
thanks guys.

I'm in urban studies and a master's is the only step to work in the field for me, but between Covid and a relationship failing I put it off. I'm looking forward to it. I've been out school just long enough to miss academia. Gotta grind the GRE out (and living with my mom again) and I think everything else will be rewarding. Interviewing at a dish/porter job tomorrow 🤞
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5