Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1745772 times)

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: real confessions
« Reply #9540 on: June 14, 2020, 11:00:53 AM »
I really love the podcast cum town. It is by far the funniest podcast there ever was

Grind King Rims

« Reply #9541 on: June 14, 2020, 12:12:19 PM »
I really love the podcast cum town. It is by far the funniest podcast there ever was

Dudes rock.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9542 on: June 14, 2020, 07:02:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dudes rock.

Indeed

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #9543 on: June 15, 2020, 01:28:24 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm having a real hard time forcing myself to go to work everyday. I dread it so much that I cry over it. I'm only 5 years into my career and I don't understand how people do this for a lifetime. I'm real close to quitting and moving back in with my mom.
[close]
Sometimes we gotta move back to move forward. There is no shame.
Have you thought about what you want to do? Or is there anything that grabs your attention?

I agree. Absolutely no shame in doing this. Does your current job offer an Employee Assistance Program? Here's a little info on it. May be useful. They offer a variety of benefits, one being counseling, maybe to discuss your career and options. Hope it helps.

https://www.opm.gov/FAQs/QA.aspx?fid=4313c618-a96e-4c8e-b078-1f76912a10d9&pid=2c2b1e5b-6ff1-4940-b478-34039a1e1174

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #9544 on: June 16, 2020, 12:57:31 AM »
Dear L33T,

Completely understand working same gig for 20-30 years downright scary.  Super impressive you lasted 5 years , never came close. My longest 3 years . Keep it going brother. Moving back with parents nice for a bit then gets old fast. Feel like youre too hard on yourself. Shows character you lasted that long. Good qualities such as loyalty , dedication, & maturity float in your body.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #9545 on: June 16, 2020, 04:29:21 AM »
I'm having a real hard time forcing myself to go to work everyday. I dread it so much that I cry over it. I'm only 5 years into my career and I don't understand how people do this for a lifetime. I'm real close to quitting and moving back in with my mom.
My dad was a lettercarrier for 30 years. Regularly worked 60-70 hours a week. He was also an NALC steward for 30 years, and I think that that helped break up the mundanity a bit for him. Anywho, probably none of that was helpful to you but I just wanted to share. Hang in there, dude.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #9546 on: June 16, 2020, 09:27:11 PM »
+1 for unions. I used to do high rises in Brisbane. Best job I ever had. Went out on my own and missed the boys so much

Leet geek get involved in your union
listen to cosmic psychos

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9547 on: June 16, 2020, 09:48:35 PM »
+1 for unions. I used to do high rises in Brisbane. Best job I ever had. Went out on my own and missed the boys so much

Hell yeah, dude. I'm currently an AFSCME union steward

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #9548 on: June 17, 2020, 06:40:35 AM »

I just started working for FedEx as a package handler. It's so physically demanding that I'm constantly wondering how long could I even last at it until my body gives out eventually. I see some older employees working there still, so that kinda gives me hope that it's a possible long term job but at the same time that future just seems so bleak. I don't really have any other choices however, I've been working since age 15 and now I'm approaching the end of my 20's with no education and jobs being even more difficult than before to obtain due to the pandemic.

It's pretty fucking depressing honestly and makes me wonder if I should finally study for my GED in hopes for something better, but even that doesn't seem so promising.

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Rep: 18
« Reply #9549 on: June 17, 2020, 11:07:00 PM »
I forgot my username. Missed u Slap.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #9550 on: June 17, 2020, 11:21:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Man I’ve done more work for my union to help my co-workers than they have. They have fucked up every single thing we’ve tried to do. I lost hope and stopped trying after months of effort and then fucking us over so much. Also thought of this

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #9551 on: June 18, 2020, 12:12:31 AM »
Bummer, bro.. that videos pretty funny tho

The one I’m a member of has a rep for being corrupt as fuck but to me anyway they were the lesser of two evils. Dunno what you guys get paid in states but I did apprenticeship and then a couple years qualified for smaller companies but once I got on with a unionised gang I was fucking laughing

We’d uhh randomly have hoist issues and get stuck up the tower on overtime. When this happened we’d usually do cocaine but never any beers. No booze in the tower

We’d have our crib rooms in the basement and on fridays we’d knock off early get drunk as shit and cook steaks

I’d have to look it up but we got something like 8 weeks holiday a year and a world class superannuation scheme, pay worked out to 38hrs week for 1850 Australian in the bank after tax. But I used to do a whole bunch of overtime, anything after the 38 was x2.5

You don’t get half that pay on a non union site and certainly not as good conditions
listen to cosmic psychos

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9552 on: June 18, 2020, 03:04:11 AM »

The one I’m a member of has a rep for being corrupt as fuck but to me anyway they were the lesser of two evils. Dunno what you guys get paid in states but I did apprenticeship and then a couple years qualified for smaller companies but once I got on with a unionised gang I was fucking laughing

We’d uhh randomly have hoist issues and get stuck up the tower on overtime. When this happened we’d usually do cocaine but never any beers. No booze in the tower

We’d have our crib rooms in the basement and on fridays we’d knock off early get drunk as shit and cook steaks

I’d have to look it up but we got something like 8 weeks holiday a year and a world class superannuation scheme, pay worked out to 38hrs week for 1850 Australian in the bank after tax. But I used to do a whole bunch of overtime, anything after the 38 was x2.5

You don’t get half that pay on a non union site and certainly not as good conditions
I have good benefits and pay and shit. And it’s like really hard to get fired or anything. But when it comes to workplace shit where they hassle us all the fucking time and have unrealistic expectations the union doesn’t try to help out or anything.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9553 on: June 18, 2020, 10:17:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I have good benefits and pay and shit. And it’s like really hard to get fired or anything. But when it comes to workplace shit where they hassle us all the fucking time and have unrealistic expectations the union doesn’t try to help out or anything.
That sucks, dude. Idk what Council you're in but I know that Council 5's (Minnesota) contract also doesn't have clear language to help with a manager overworking their employees. I struggled a lot with that at my first AFSCME job. Basically it boiled down to me respectfully confronting the supervisor daily about how he was being a dick. It didn't really change anything, and eventually I transferred to a different agency.

How were you fucked over by your union? I'd be interested to hear more about your situation if you're willing to share
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:19:07 AM by FamilyMeeting7 »

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #9554 on: June 19, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »
I've thankfully never done meth

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #9555 on: June 19, 2020, 04:45:43 PM »
As an "older skater" I always try to live up to how I could skate in the late 90's til the mid 2000's. Then a few minutes ago I had an epiphany..Stop putting so much pressure on myself because I really wasnt that good back then either.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • the moon rules
« Reply #9556 on: June 19, 2020, 05:25:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I’m personally not yet an official steward for my union local, but I’ve been pushed some of my unions steward training programs and I’ve been asked to attend steward meetings, plus our executive board meetings. I’m the chairman of a couple committees, sit on a council with committee chairpersons from other Los Angeles based locals, and was invited to attend our internationals general executive board meeting in Montreal last fall. I’m winging it most of the time, but it seems to work out. The union sort of lets me do my own thing and they occasionally check in on me to see what I’m up to. There’s aalso standing offer to send and pay for any member to school to earn an associates degree in labor studies. I was going to attend the summer semester, but it was postponed because of the pandemic

Here’s a confession; I regained almost all of the weight I had lost and it’s depressing. I get tons of cardio and I cook for myself still, but reintroducing carbs killed me. I know it’s possible to do though, so I’m going to keep working back at it and not let this setback keep me down
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 08:17:42 PM by tom »
fuck you bama

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9557 on: June 19, 2020, 07:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I’m personally not yet an official steward for my union local, but I’ve been pushed some of my unions steward training programs and I’ve been asked to attend steward meetings, plus our executive board meetings. I’m the chairman of a couple committees, sit on a council with committee chairpersons from other Los Angeles based locals, and was invited to attend our internationals general executive board meeting in Montreal last fall. I’m winging it most of the time, but it seems to work out. The union sort of lets me do my own thing and they occasionally check in on me to see what I’m up to. There’s aalso standing offer to send and pay for any member to school to earn an associates degree in labor studies. I was going to attend the summer semester, but it was postponed because of the pandemic
What union are you a member of?

fakie n0llie

• Rep: -80
« Reply #9558 on: June 20, 2020, 07:43:38 AM »
I'd take a kick to the vag for Pat Sinner.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #9559 on: June 21, 2020, 09:08:41 PM »
As an "older skater" I always try to live up to how I could skate in the late 90's til the mid 2000's. Then a few minutes ago I had an epiphany..Stop putting so much pressure on myself because I really wasnt that good back then either.
it's a great place to be. I put up post about go skate day yesterday but the best thing about being in your 40s is that, there's no pressure on you to rip. If you're just out there rolling and getting a few slappies or whatever then you're basically winning.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #9560 on: June 23, 2020, 05:55:46 PM »
i dont like it when grown men refer to their associates as "buddy" or "my buddy [...]"

ha.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9561 on: June 23, 2020, 06:58:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
That sucks, dude. Idk what Council you're in but I know that Council 5's (Minnesota) contract also doesn't have clear language to help with a manager overworking their employees. I struggled a lot with that at my first AFSCME job. Basically it boiled down to me respectfully confronting the supervisor daily about how he was being a dick. It didn't really change anything, and eventually I transferred to a different agency.

How were you fucked over by your union? I'd be interested to hear more about your situation if you're willing to share

Sure, I've bitched enough about it on here but will break it down. I didn't when I first responded because I was already getting pissed.

Pretty much I work an office job pushing papers. Without getting into too much detail, we see if people are eligible for stuff, I'll using housing assistance as an example. Some people work housing/utility assistance, some see if you qualify to get help paying for medical shit even after insurance, supplies, copays, etc. But whatever program you do, that's the only one you do, and that's the only one you get trained for. You don't do both programs because it would be insane. It takes straight up a minimum of a year to get it all figured out, 2 months of that are in training which just kind of helps you get an idea of how to do it. It's much more complex than it seems, we check out all kinds of info on people, require all kinds of information, and you constantly have to check up on them and see if they still qualify. We are under staffed as is and then our organization decided to have everyone do both programs. They are totally different, the rules of what you can ask for are opposite, it's dumb as fuck.

Since they decided to do that, morale not just in our office but all over has been horrible, people don't know what they are doing, all our work has gotten behind, and we have had a big increase in complaints. They were saying it just takes time, but some people have done it well over a year and are like fuck no, this just doesn't work. When they had me start to do the switch I saw for myself how fucked it was, how bad the training was, and how much work they had me start on when I literally didn't even know how to do it. I started feeling like an idiot, because I used to do the job no problem, but I decided to ask random workers, a ton of them I had never even spoken to, what they thought of the change and if they thought it was working. I asked them neutral questions so that I wouldn't skew them to my opinion and asked people from different offices, under different managers etc. Not a single person told me they thought it was working, a bunch of people told me how they had to start going to see psychiatrists because of the constant pressure put on them to do work that isn't possible. Everyone had burnout. Plus we were losing about 50% of our new hires because they just said fuck it, the job is too hard.

I gathered everyone opinions brought them up to our supervisors in a respectful way at a meeting with all staff, a lot of workers spoke up and it was really professionally done. In the meantime I had contacted the union and they first took like 2 weeks to return my call for them to come do an office visit, which they are supposed to do as routine but haven't. Then the date the guy set the appointment for he went to the wrong fucking office 45 minutes away.

In the meantime 2 weeks after our meeting where the supervisors seemed to listen, to at least ease up on their micromanagement and similar practices we had a new meeting about how we can meet goals and whenever I would speak they would all jump in and try to shut me down, or twist what I had said previously to make me look stupid, but I'm not stupid, and I'm pretty sharp in a situation like that so I handled myself professional, looked good, they got emotional, combative, all that stupid shit. A bunch of people said the way they behaved was unprofessional and obviously they had a plan to try to keep me from having any influence.

Finally I got the union guy there like another 2 weeks later. He was actually good at confronting the supervisors when they tried to tell us we had to have the meeting in an area they would also be in, even though they have a different union. He seemed like a badass when he walked in, then for 45 minutes of our 1 hour meeting he just talked about what the union does and why we should stick with them (because California passed a law where a contracted union has to represent you even if you opt out of paying them). Then we had 15 minutes to bring up what had been going on. The guy didn't pay much attention, so then I had another meeting with the head of the union, it involved a select few from multiple offices covering hundred of people. He is actually smart, really concerned, asks the right questions and is getting us a face to face meeting with the very top of our organization, like they literally are in charge of thousands of workers. But it turns out the guy is retiring in 10 weeks, covid happens so we have a phone meeting with the heads of the department, some representatives only got 1 day heads up, and when we are given the conference call info it is for a totally different conference call. We were told in advance they were going to cover some Covid stuff and we would have an opportunity to speak after. So the guy that wasn't actually smart, the one that went to the wrong office gives us the wrong conference call info, they are going over covid for 30 minutes and then I just happen to check my email and I have one from 20 minutes earlier asking where are we, the heads of our organization are waiting on us to talk and nobody is there besides the dumbass union guy. So he talks to them for us, when we finally get on the call they are wrapping it up and the head of our organization is saying she's got another meeting to go to and we didn't get to say shit. It was so totally fucking stupid, it wasted months of time and effort, and it accomplished nothing. From what I started in my office, it spread to organizing thousands of workers, and when the time came we get a 1 day heads up, and get put into the wrong call while our union guy is on the correct call.

I don't even want to read all that, I didn't want to start because I knew I would have to type it all up and get pissed off again.

In the meantime 75% of us are telecommuting so nobody really gives a fuck now because it's easier to do your job without your boss breathing down your neck, but when we come back to the office it will be the same shit, and all because our union is so fucking stupid. 

Sorry to anyone who has to witness this wall of text I wrote

i dont like it when grown men refer to their associates as "buddy" or "my buddy [...]"

ha.
"What's up boss, what can I get started for you today?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1974
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9562 on: June 24, 2020, 12:10:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Sure, I've bitched enough about it on here but will break it down. I didn't when I first responded because I was already getting pissed.

Pretty much I work an office job pushing papers. Without getting into too much detail, we see if people are eligible for stuff, I'll using housing assistance as an example. Some people work housing/utility assistance, some see if you qualify to get help paying for medical shit even after insurance, supplies, copays, etc. But whatever program you do, that's the only one you do, and that's the only one you get trained for. You don't do both programs because it would be insane. It takes straight up a minimum of a year to get it all figured out, 2 months of that are in training which just kind of helps you get an idea of how to do it. It's much more complex than it seems, we check out all kinds of info on people, require all kinds of information, and you constantly have to check up on them and see if they still qualify. We are under staffed as is and then our organization decided to have everyone do both programs. They are totally different, the rules of what you can ask for are opposite, it's dumb as fuck.

Since they decided to do that, morale not just in our office but all over has been horrible, people don't know what they are doing, all our work has gotten behind, and we have had a big increase in complaints. They were saying it just takes time, but some people have done it well over a year and are like fuck no, this just doesn't work. When they had me start to do the switch I saw for myself how fucked it was, how bad the training was, and how much work they had me start on when I literally didn't even know how to do it. I started feeling like an idiot, because I used to do the job no problem, but I decided to ask random workers, a ton of them I had never even spoken to, what they thought of the change and if they thought it was working. I asked them neutral questions so that I wouldn't skew them to my opinion and asked people from different offices, under different managers etc. Not a single person told me they thought it was working, a bunch of people told me how they had to start going to see psychiatrists because of the constant pressure put on them to do work that isn't possible. Everyone had burnout. Plus we were losing about 50% of our new hires because they just said fuck it, the job is too hard.

I gathered everyone opinions brought them up to our supervisors in a respectful way at a meeting with all staff, a lot of workers spoke up and it was really professionally done. In the meantime I had contacted the union and they first took like 2 weeks to return my call for them to come do an office visit, which they are supposed to do as routine but haven't. Then the date the guy set the appointment for he went to the wrong fucking office 45 minutes away.

In the meantime 2 weeks after our meeting where the supervisors seemed to listen, to at least ease up on their micromanagement and similar practices we had a new meeting about how we can meet goals and whenever I would speak they would all jump in and try to shut me down, or twist what I had said previously to make me look stupid, but I'm not stupid, and I'm pretty sharp in a situation like that so I handled myself professional, looked good, they got emotional, combative, all that stupid shit. A bunch of people said the way they behaved was unprofessional and obviously they had a plan to try to keep me from having any influence.

Finally I got the union guy there like another 2 weeks later. He was actually good at confronting the supervisors when they tried to tell us we had to have the meeting in an area they would also be in, even though they have a different union. He seemed like a badass when he walked in, then for 45 minutes of our 1 hour meeting he just talked about what the union does and why we should stick with them (because California passed a law where a contracted union has to represent you even if you opt out of paying them). Then we had 15 minutes to bring up what had been going on. The guy didn't pay much attention, so then I had another meeting with the head of the union, it involved a select few from multiple offices covering hundred of people. He is actually smart, really concerned, asks the right questions and is getting us a face to face meeting with the very top of our organization, like they literally are in charge of thousands of workers. But it turns out the guy is retiring in 10 weeks, covid happens so we have a phone meeting with the heads of the department, some representatives only got 1 day heads up, and when we are given the conference call info it is for a totally different conference call. We were told in advance they were going to cover some Covid stuff and we would have an opportunity to speak after. So the guy that wasn't actually smart, the one that went to the wrong office gives us the wrong conference call info, they are going over covid for 30 minutes and then I just happen to check my email and I have one from 20 minutes earlier asking where are we, the heads of our organization are waiting on us to talk and nobody is there besides the dumbass union guy. So he talks to them for us, when we finally get on the call they are wrapping it up and the head of our organization is saying she's got another meeting to go to and we didn't get to say shit. It was so totally fucking stupid, it wasted months of time and effort, and it accomplished nothing. From what I started in my office, it spread to organizing thousands of workers, and when the time came we get a 1 day heads up, and get put into the wrong call while our union guy is on the correct call.

I don't even want to read all that, I didn't want to start because I knew I would have to type it all up and get pissed off again.

In the meantime 75% of us are telecommuting so nobody really gives a fuck now because it's easier to do your job without your boss breathing down your neck, but when we come back to the office it will be the same shit, and all because our union is so fucking stupid. 

Sorry to anyone who has to witness this wall of text I wrote

Expand Quote

ha.
[close]
"What's up boss, what can I get started for you today?

Been following your work with the union and this recent update really sucks to hear. Sounds like the company took advantage of the confusion during the pandemic to tick the boxes to make it seem like they heard your concerns. Like the virus + remote working was the perfect time for them to do as little as they could while keeping your voices down.

I'm really sorry to hear that; was rooting for you since you started posting in Whatever.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9563 on: June 24, 2020, 08:06:42 AM »
Thanks man. At the end of the day I can at least know that I stood up the the higher ups for all my co-workers and didn't back down when they tried to make me look bad. I got a lot of respect from my co-workers after that, and supervisors were more cautious on how they acted.

It was really about two problems. A change in our business model that didn't work, and a change in our office's morale since we got a new regional manager and started doing the new model. The RM we had before, though I didn't like her too much, was a very cool lady who would said hi to everyone and come out of her office, the new one never talks to anyone or leaves her office, and in fact when we found out someone probably had corona in our office she had a panic attack and went home, leaving everything in chaos.

When that phone meeting disaster happened I had a chance to say something after the very head of our organization got off the call, and our former regional manager who is now higher up said she wanted to talk to me in private after. I told her a lot of the shit that had happened, how bad our office is compared to when she was there and she was really nice, gave me her personal cell and actually seemed to care. It's hard to tell though when you haven't seen any co-workers in 3 months.

They are moving around supervisor positions, so the new shitty regional will no longer be in charge of us. And we are changing the way we do the work so that you don't have to wear as many hats. The change is in part a response to everyone working from home, but I also believe it has to do with what I did. It's too big of a coincidence that changes were made to the two issues that were brought up in an organization that doesn't like to change.

nevrwasben

« Reply #9564 on: June 24, 2020, 02:29:22 PM »
Thanks man. At the end of the day I can at least know that I stood up the the higher ups for all my co-workers and didn't back down when they tried to make me look bad. I got a lot of respect from my co-workers after that, and supervisors were more cautious on how they acted.

It was really about two problems. A change in our business model that didn't work, and a change in our office's morale since we got a new regional manager and started doing the new model. The RM we had before, though I didn't like her too much, was a very cool lady who would said hi to everyone and come out of her office, the new one never talks to anyone or leaves her office, and in fact when we found out someone probably had corona in our office she had a panic attack and went home, leaving everything in chaos.

When that phone meeting disaster happened I had a chance to say something after the very head of our organization got off the call, and our former regional manager who is now higher up said she wanted to talk to me in private after. I told her a lot of the shit that had happened, how bad our office is compared to when she was there and she was really nice, gave me her personal cell and actually seemed to care. It's hard to tell though when you haven't seen any co-workers in 3 months.

They are moving around supervisor positions, so the new shitty regional will no longer be in charge of us. And we are changing the way we do the work so that you don't have to wear as many hats. The change is in part a response to everyone working from home, but I also believe it has to do with what I did. It's too big of a coincidence that changes were made to the two issues that were brought up in an organization that doesn't like to change.

That's rad man, it's hard to stick your neck out and possibly face retribution from the higher ups for speaking out against their bullshit; so kudos to you.
One of these days I'll try to take a page from your book instead of continuing to swallow the bullshit...

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9565 on: June 24, 2020, 04:07:21 PM »
Yeah man. It was pretty rewarding. I totally understand that I’m lucky enough to have the kind of job security where they can’t find a bullshit way to fire me over it. It was in my heart to do all that because I have strong feelings about looking out for people who get taken advantage of or are being treated unfairly. It helped that I also spoke to people and told them they had to speak up during the first meeting because if it’s just me talking I would just look like a complainer.

I worked at Wells Fargo like 10 years ago and couldn’t do that kind of thing there. All that shit about them forcing people to open bank accounts and shit, that big class action, I was working there when that was all going down. It was so stressful and I couldn’t do shit back then because I had no job security. But I guess someone figured out a way and that’s why they got sued in the first place.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1974
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9566 on: June 24, 2020, 06:50:29 PM »
I worked at Wells Fargo like 10 years ago and couldn’t do that kind of thing there. All that shit about them forcing people to open bank accounts and shit, that big class action, I was working there when that was all going down. It was so stressful and I couldn’t do shit back then because I had no job security. But I guess someone figured out a way and that’s why they got sued in the first place.

Fuck that, I was reading the book "Tailspin" about how these fuckers engineered the financial markets to profit off the suffering of those most in need of housing; and despite all that few were brought to justice and most rode off into the sunset with even fatter bank accounts.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9567 on: June 24, 2020, 07:25:01 PM »
Yeah man it was really bad. I'm not a salesman, I hate that shit. You got a bonus check for sales along with customer service.

How it worked was getting people to open bank accounts, get new debit cards, credit cards, shit like that, counted as like points. And then when people came in and you did a transaction for them, random customers would get a phone call recording for a survey and it would ask them 5 ridiculous questions, and each one they would rate from a 1-5. It was stuff like, the person who helped you made you want to come back, or they smiled, or made you feel at home. Stupid shit like that that any sane person wouldn't feel at a fucking bank. And the kicker is, if just one of those questions wasn't a 5 it was considered a bad survey. You could get 5-5-5-5-4, and it would be a fail. So they had these crazy sales goals, even if like me, you worked in the middle of nowhere and would go an hour without seeing anyone. It was the same level sales goals as if you worked in the middle of LA with hundreds of customers a day. So they drove sales hard, and then tried to fuck you out of the sales bonus with dumbass questions. Because again, enough "failed" surveys and you would lose your sales bonus.

I hated sales, I saw people sign up customers for accounts that didn't even know it, or didn't have any money in the first accounts, then they would give them another 2 accounts. I hardly ever hit my sales goals unless my banker homie that I would get stoned with would tell me to mark some accounts he had opened as a sales referral. Pretty much they were coming in to open an account, would go straight to him, and he would give me the info after so I could mark it on our system and pretend I convinced them to see him.

We had fucking friends and family days which was so fucking stupid. You had to have 2 people that day open an account. Every family member of mine had accounts, parents, siblings, cousins, all that horse shit. It was so insane, I wish I was older and more mature to say fuck that, I don't have anyone today. They would make it seem like you were fucked. My first manager was so shady he got fired for adding himself to peoples accounts, going into safety deposit boxes, taking out money and shit. That company is so fucking crooked I closed my accounts and opened some at Chase while I was still working there. Fuck Wells Fargo, glad I got like $400.00 from those cock suckers when the class action got settled.

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #9568 on: June 25, 2020, 12:39:25 AM »

The one I’m a member of has a rep for being corrupt as fuck but to me anyway they were the lesser of two evils.

We’d uhh randomly have hoist issues and get stuck up the tower on overtime. When this happened we’d usually do cocaine but never any beers. No booze in the tower.
A  union steward had his way with a lady carpenter once. She went to the cops. They heard Union and laughed her out of the building. True story. I read your comment and I see how that could happen.

Fucking disgrace.
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9569 on: June 26, 2020, 05:52:25 PM »
@50mm: didn't want to quote your wall of text so I made a separate post. Thanks for sharing your story. That really really fucking sucks to hear, especially after you did so much on your own. I was particularly irked by your experience of the first guy who showed up using the majority of the time to preach about why it is important to financially support unions post-Janus, instead of using his time to actually listen to the workplace concerns. That shit happens all of the time in my part of AFSCME as well, and does nothing but turn people off of unions even more.

@zephyr-cum: that's awful, poor woman