Author Topic: Ride Channel deleted the Chase Gabor Weekend Buzz Episode  (Read 148264 times)

OldmanEpic

Re: Ride Channel deleted the Chase Gabor Weekend Buzz Episode
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2015, 09:17:00 AM »
People need to make signs and hit up streetleague if possible.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2015, 09:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i bet you all did equally fucked up shit as kids
[close]

I can say confidently that I never raped anyone as a kid.
[close]

What about as an adult?

nope. I'm a pretty nice guy.

jomeara1

« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2015, 09:42:58 AM »
Damnn, this really is starting to get serious huh.  I bet Chase is starting to get worried now after seeing Ed Templeton give his opinion about it.

abudabi

« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2015, 09:44:40 AM »
yes! Ed is the man!

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2015, 09:46:10 AM »
'...this issue of the screwdriver'  ;D Tempster, ever the Dude.

As amusing and ostensibly just this may be, I always get a little weary when witch hunts gather momentum. Then I checked the clip again, to be sure what the fuss is all about again and I remembered how he passed on the pennylap question, as well as two others, then went on to casually relay the Phillips anecdote.

Mad Max

« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2015, 10:08:23 AM »
I've always wondered how this infamous tale of sodomy got aired in the first place?
I mean the Ride Channel has to a minimal level of professionalism running through it's corridors and editing rooms. So when the bomb dropped, why didn't anyone stop to think about the consequences?
I'm not sure how far-fetched an idea it is but perhaps someone at Ride thought they could sabotage Chase and indirectly their main competition The Berrics by leaving the story in the final edit.

Which leads me to the fall out.
Ride edits out the scene, Insta posts get deleted, Brink answers with some cryptic excuse of not hearing the full story...
I'm not one for conspiracy theories but this smells so bad of cover up.

Celebrities, politicians, sportsmen and even members of the general public always get called forward to explain their actions - which most of the time involve far less sinister situations that screwdriver rape - so why the long silence over this one?

I would follow Ed's advice and clear this thing up once and for all. Otherwise the dude has got to go.
In today's connected era, you can't delete anything forever so this won't go away.

Pretty Serious

« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »
If that "19 and Counting" sleaze ball Josh Duggar had to face the music about molesting his sisters as a minor, then a recognized filmer of unchaperoned young boys who already admitted to sodomizing them could at least fake some public remorse.   Berra's Xenu lawyers are obviously providing counsel.

excitableboy

« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2015, 10:39:52 AM »
I've always wondered how this infamous tale of sodomy got aired in the first place?
I mean the Ride Channel has to a minimal level of professionalism running through it's corridors and editing rooms. So when the bomb dropped, why didn't anyone stop to think about the consequences?
I'm not sure how far-fetched an idea it is but perhaps someone at Ride thought they could sabotage Chase and indirectly their main competition The Berrics by leaving the story in the final edit.

Ride edits out the scene, Insta posts get deleted, Brink answers with some cryptic excuse of not hearing the full story...

Celebrities, politicians, sportsmen and even members of the general public always get called forward to explain their actions - which most of the time involve far less sinister situations that screwdriver rape - so why the long silence over this one?

I would follow Ed's advice and clear this thing up once and for all. Otherwise the dude has got to go.
In today's connected era, you can't delete anything forever so this won't go away.

How about they left it in because it is the one notable thing he uttered during the entire thing?

And Brink is ultimately a fanboy more than a journalist. On this show at least. I can imagine when a thing like this is brought up, in what is supposed to be light-hearted pro skate banter, the first reflex for him/Ride Channel is to not go to such a dark place and just laugh it off. As out of place as it obviously was. Them knowing the story beforehand, which I'd say they most likely did, kind of contradicts that though.

To get back to the point, what do you mean 'smells of cover up'? Is Templeton a pawn in this too? It's confusing I'll give you that.

Edit: I first wrote 'no pawn intended' in the above, then decided against it, but then it proved too Templeting.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:49:03 AM by excitableboy »

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #278 on: June 08, 2015, 10:53:25 AM »

Screenshotted for the history books. (from https://instagram.com/p/dFXlTrm7xL/)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever

excitableboy

« Reply #280 on: June 08, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »
'kinda traumatized'

well that settles it

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #281 on: June 08, 2015, 11:10:57 AM »
what i don't get is that all he had to do is publicly apologize on weekend buzz and recognize that while he was young and stupid, this sort of thing is NOT okay.... but instead, let's just pretend it never happened and never help the situation for anyone involved (the kid, others going through this, etc) while shrouding everything in secrecy and frantically deleting instagram comments every day.
:) I must have been tripping last night

Mad Max

« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
How about they left it in because it is the one notable thing he uttered during the entire thing?

And Brink is ultimately a fanboy more than a journalist. On this show at least. I can imagine when a thing like this is brought up, in what is supposed to be light-hearted pro skate banter, the first reflex for him/Ride Channel is to not go to such a dark place and just laugh it off. As out of place as it obviously was. Them knowing the story beforehand, which I'd say they most likely did, kind of contradicts that though.

To get back to the point, what do you mean 'smells of cover up'? Is Templeton a pawn in this too? It's confusing I'll give you that.

Edit: I first wrote 'no pawn intended' in the above, then decided against it, but then it proved too Templeting.

No, not incriminating Ed at all.
I just find it all pretty suspicious that any mention of this incident is being actively removed from the internet. Latest case at hand Ed's comment. Thanks to screen shots though, nothing is hidden forever.

The least Chase could do is apologise.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2015, 12:07:18 PM »
I posted Ed's Instagram comment on my Twitter and he retweeted it, so that's something.

excitableboy

« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2015, 12:08:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No, not incriminating Ed at all.
I just find it all pretty suspicious that any mention of this incident is being actively removed from the internet. Latest case at hand Ed's comment. Thanks to screen shots though, nothing is hidden forever.

The least Chase could do is apologise.
Was joking on the Ed thing. But yes, apparently, this is how they deal with this kind of thing. They pretend it isn't there, which only makes them/Chase seem like more of a psycho. Do they not see how puerile this shit is? Can only speculate but it screams Scientology.

Agreed.

straight

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2015, 01:48:05 PM »
The only alternate story that brink alluded to that would make sense is that it was a retaliatory act, like someone posted earlier.  However as the proverb goes, "Butthole for a butthole" leaves us all blind.  Or it was completely untrue story but what a weird fucking thing to lie about or make up.

Or, he did it.

Regardless, his decision to tell the story on Weekend Buzz after passing on many lesser questions, and then Ride Channel's decision to include that part in the edit are both wildly stupid and kind of unbelievable.  Do they edit em drunk too?
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2015, 05:21:22 PM »
still wanna hear the stories he wouldn't tell :o

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2015, 06:34:22 PM »
This would be the perfect thread for the Ride Channel to steal and turn into an original content.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Chase is a child molestor

• Rep: -10
« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2015, 07:04:19 PM »
Every day that I get home from work, I get on my instagram......and tell this story in every pro skaters post from the day. The only reponse I've gotten back from a pro yet is Ed, and thankfully he messaged chase and we now have a screenshot of that forever. The fact he deleted that just made him look even worse, he'll have to address the subject within weeks if we ALL KEEP THIS UP PLEASE. He already changed his account to private, so tell this story on all the others skaters you follow instagrams', if they're offended you used their post as an outlet, then they need help and fuck them. Ed is a class act and responded to me and took action, lets see who else will.

abudabi

« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »
what does berra do if you comment about rapey chase on his stuff?

« Reply #291 on: June 08, 2015, 07:33:22 PM »

He deletes your comment and then blocks you. We have the power though, theres more of us than there are pros on instagram. So the pro's are either with us or don't want to get involved which will ultimately only make them look bad. When you are a true professional of a community of people, that's your responsibility in my opinion. Just like Ed did, every skater needs to ask chase this......I'm feeling relieved already. I'm not going to stop, ever, until he publically speaks on this and espn and all these companies fire him so he wont be near our children. Everyone just keep talking about it on instagram, skateparks, skateshops. This is OUR COMMMUNITY, we can do whatever we want to. Let's get this sick fuck out of skateboarding.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »
Get some hashtags going

#screwtheberrics

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2015, 07:57:59 PM »
Get some hashtags going

#screwdrivertheberrics

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2015, 08:03:55 PM »
Get some hashtags going

#screwtheberrics

YES! Great idea, I will get those going right now

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He deletes your comment and then blocks you. We have the power though, theres more of us than there are pros on instagram. So the pro's are either with us or don't want to get involved which will ultimately only make them look bad. When you are a true professional of a community of people, that's your responsibility in my opinion. Just like Ed did, every skater needs to ask chase this......I'm feeling relieved already. I'm not going to stop, ever, until he publically speaks on this and espn and all these companies fire him so he wont be near our children. Everyone just keep talking about it on instagram, skateparks, skateshops. This is OUR COMMMUNITY, we can do whatever we want to. Let's get this sick fuck out of skateboarding.

I don't really get this. It was some story from when he was a kid. It wasn't like he was talking about something he did last week. Is the victim coming forward to be compensated? Not really sure why you care so much? He isn't going to be near your children. Making the guy out to be a child molester seems like a bit of an over-reaction. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

« Reply #296 on: June 08, 2015, 08:07:25 PM »
Can someone screenshot Ed's comment to me (@astromancy) from his last post? he wrote it 15 min ago. I don't know how to load an image on here it fails everytime. Ed wrote that he spoke with him via direct message and chase is planning on telling his story soon

« Reply #297 on: June 08, 2015, 08:16:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't really get this. It was some story from when he was a kid. It wasn't like he was talking about something he did last week. Is the victim coming forward to be compensated? Not really sure why you care so much? He isn't going to be near your children. Making the guy out to be a child molester seems like a bit of an over-reaction. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Fuck you! He stuck a fucking SCREWDRIVER up a kids ASSHOLE while the kid was being held down obviously. You cool with that? Did you do that as a kid? Have you ever seen a day outside your seemingly tiny brain? He is a child molestor, he molested a child. It's grotesque, deviant, perverse and fucked up to do at any age the way I see it. I do not envy anything about you homie, I hope you wise up. What if my kid gets really good when he's 13? What if he gets asked to film a trick at the berrics? FUCK YOU

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2015, 08:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck you! He stuck a fucking SCREWDRIVER up a kids ASSHOLE while the kid was being held down obviously. You cool with that? Did you do that as a kid? Have you ever seen a day outside your seemingly tiny brain? He is a child molestor, he molested a child. It's grotesque, deviant, perverse and fucked up to do at any age the way I see it. I do not envy anything about you homie, I hope you wise up. What if my kid gets really good when he's 13? What if he gets asked to film a trick at the berrics? FUCK YOU

http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/1003179510750241116_50503575

ed.templeton 6 minutes ago
@astromanncy he intends to clear the air and his name. He is sick over this whole ordeal.

Poor Chase. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

OldmanEpic

« Reply #299 on: June 08, 2015, 08:22:18 PM »
I screenshotted your post but im too incapable of posting it to ya