Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 390322 times)

bestinshow and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #3630 on: February 24, 2021, 05:44:01 PM »

Not gonna lie, just saw these and had to stop what I was doing and fan out for a minute...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLr_QXhllMz/

Theyíre nice. Look like conical full too.

off

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #3631 on: February 24, 2021, 07:25:34 PM »

Expand Quote
Not gonna lie, just saw these and had to stop what I was doing and fan out for a minute...

[close]

og classics

NowhereInLife

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #3632 on: February 24, 2021, 11:26:26 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
og classics
radials

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3633 on: February 25, 2021, 07:01:53 AM »

OG Classics for the win.

That pic makes them look so wide though, I really didn't know what shape they were.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpXUYzAO-K/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3634 on: February 25, 2021, 07:22:05 AM »

OG Classics for the win.

That pic makes them look so wide though, I really didn't know what shape they were.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpXUYzAO-K/

The GT wheel looks so good....

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #3635 on: February 27, 2021, 03:59:58 AM »
I just made an order on some bones 84b 56mm for my cruiser board. I have a feeling that was a big misstake for the rough ground in northen europe? Which wheel can I compare them with when it comes to the hardness, cause I have the feeling 84b is not as soft as I want them. I have some ricta clouds 78d and I want something a little bit harder.

You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3636 on: February 27, 2021, 04:03:03 AM »
84b is hard as fuck

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3637 on: February 27, 2021, 04:13:41 AM »
I just made an order on some bones 84b 56mm for my cruiser board. I have a feeling that was a big misstake for the rough ground in northen europe? Which wheel can I compare them with when it comes to the hardness, cause I have the feeling 84b is not as soft as I want them. I have some ricta clouds 78d and I want something a little bit harder.
84b is comparable to 104a, so yeah, big mistake. You'd want 80-90a.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #3638 on: February 27, 2021, 04:32:31 AM »
Thanks! Im on it.

You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3639 on: February 27, 2021, 04:42:12 AM »

Basic info (sorry if this is already known) but the durometer measurements are on the A scale and for skateboard wheels, really only go from high seventies (very soft) to top out at a hundred (very hard), so the B scale was introduced to allow the wheels to go beyond that, (even though it is not actually possible to measure accurately or compare scales) and so minus 20 from the A number will get the B number, eg 100a = 80b, or as you have Bones at 84b is likened to 104a, as stated.

When you see a "D" after it, it is more likely just to mean the word durometer, or often when people say 90 duro for short, it is 90A, which is a really good hardness for cruiser boards.

Bones do the all terrain wheels which are also about 80 duro on the A scale, which are the ones you might have been thinking of and are excellent wheels for rolling smoothly over crust.

https://bones.com/skateboard-wheels/all-terrain-formula

At least you can set up those normal Bones wheels you just bought on a "go fast" board and hit the local ramp, parks or bowl, but if that is not your thing, you might be able to sell them on or swap them with someone.  That is if you cannot get a hold of whoever you just bought them from and stop them sending them to you first.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3640 on: February 27, 2021, 03:48:52 PM »
I just saw this on 35th Ave instagram - Loophole wheels back in stock:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxxjuildNZ/

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
    • Aural Buthcheryers
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3641 on: March 11, 2021, 11:52:52 AM »
Loopholes are the the shit. Everyone should try them. As good as bones or spit for sure. 58 tears would be the bees knees.

So I need help

I'm thinking about getting g slides rn even though they are green.  I was wondering if slap has an opinion on them?

I'd rather have a 95a or a 97a wheel if the g slides suck.

Sliding has saved my life so many times skating across Marblehead to see the sunrise.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #3642 on: March 11, 2021, 12:57:00 PM »
Loopholes are the the shit. Everyone should try them. As good as bones or spit for sure. 58 tears would be the bees knees.

So I need help

I'm thinking about getting g slides rn even though they are green.  I was wondering if slap has an opinion on them?

Sliding has saved my life so many times skating across Marblehead to see the sunrise.

Iíve had two sets of Gslides and they are ok as a cruiser wheel, but the slide goes away really really quickly. They seem to slide ok (for a soft wheel) for the first few sessions but once the outer layer comes off they are as grippy as any other soft wheel.

By slide, I mean power slides on asphalt for normal street skating.

The only soft wheels Iíve ever found that slide consistently for a long period of time are the 85a cruiser wheels that used to be on Pennswoods website and those look to be sold out.

If you want to try a 97a that has consistent slide, try the new 97a F4ís. Iíve had mine for over a month and do a ton of slidey stuff and they are fantastic. They feel a little nicer on crust than the 99s, grip slightly more but break into slides really easy and the slide is steady.

sammyz

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3643 on: March 16, 2021, 10:51:21 PM »
looking for 50mm 99a or 97a conicals and came across darkroom wheels...anyone tried their Segment or Prism wheels? they seem to be conical shaped too which seems pretty rare.

I'll probably get a set in the next week, but wondering if anyone has any experience with them

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
    • Aural Buthcheryers
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3644 on: March 17, 2021, 04:54:06 AM »
Expand Quote

So I need help

[close]

Iíve had two sets of Gslides and they are ok as a cruiser wheel, but the slide goes away really really quickly. They seem to slide ok (for a soft wheel) for the first few sessions but once the outer layer comes off they are as grippy as any other soft wheel.

The only soft wheels Iíve ever found that slide consistently for a long period of time are the 85a cruiser wheels that used to be on Pennswoods website and those look to be sold out.

If you want to try a 97a that has consistent slide, try the new 97a F4ís. Iíve had mine for over a month and do a ton of slidey stuff and they are fantastic. They feel a little nicer on crust than the 99s, grip slightly more but break into slides really easy and the slide is steady.

That's what I figured.

I should just ride my old 97a bones from the 80s
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

OldCandy

• Rep: -7
  • cant shuv
« Reply #3645 on: March 17, 2021, 06:10:59 AM »
https://www.hazardwheels.com/

i wish there was a wheel more slippery then stf 104a..
I wish I'd known that at best we only have 20 summers at a decent skate level.
From then on it's low impact skating and trying not to forget tricks. 20 summers. And then it's over.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #3646 on: March 17, 2021, 06:12:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

So I need help

[close]

[close]

That's what I figured.

I just saw that they are making starting to make G Slides with their Dragonskin formula, which is their sought-after burly downhill wheel.

If they make normal sized wheels in that stuff Iím definitely getting a set
Iím trying to be every momís favorite skaterí-&&

&& is no stranger to the female species. Hes always got some travel pussy with him in his slambulance.[/quote

sketchyrider

• Rep: 43
« Reply #3647 on: March 17, 2021, 06:27:11 AM »

i felt f4 101a's were more slippery than the spf 104s and stf 103s

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #3648 on: March 17, 2021, 06:45:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

To confuse matters further, I feel that my F4 99ís are more slippery than my F4 101ís

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #3649 on: March 17, 2021, 06:49:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

So I need help

[close]

[close]

That's what I figured.

I forgot to mention that the Powell bombers I have (85a) slide ok too.

sketchyrider

• Rep: 43
« Reply #3650 on: March 17, 2021, 07:02:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

To confuse matters further, I feel that my F4 99ís are more slippery than my F4 101ís

you aren't the only one. and a lot of people say stf's are more slippery than spf's. who knows...

TastyBurrito

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3651 on: March 17, 2021, 07:18:37 AM »
Has anyone ridden the OJ Nomads? How were they?

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #3652 on: March 17, 2021, 07:21:12 AM »
i just recently switched to dialtones after skating pretty much only f4s for 6 years and they are the only wheels iíve skated during those 6 years that slide easily (not as easily as f4s but way better than for example bones). didnít even have to get used to them and havenít gotten any flatspots yet, even after bombing some hills. good wheels.
Skateboarding isn't a sport because when I'm in these streets I don't play
@grandroba

OldCandy

• Rep: -7
  • cant shuv
« Reply #3653 on: March 17, 2021, 07:32:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

you aren't the only one. and a lot of people say stf's are more slippery than spf's. who knows...

mght as well go with stf 99a for street then...

too broke for f4 its like 60cad for a set
I wish I'd known that at best we only have 20 summers at a decent skate level.
From then on it's low impact skating and trying not to forget tricks. 20 summers. And then it's over.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #3654 on: March 17, 2021, 07:45:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

mght as well go with stf 99a for street then...

too broke for f4 its like 60cad for a set

Oddly enough, the 99a Stfs Iíve had are pretty grippy and donít slide very well. At least the newer ones. When they first came out the white ones slid comparably to f4 but the natural color ones after those seem drastically different

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3655 on: March 17, 2021, 09:25:55 AM »
The new Bones 99 duro wheels seem significantly cheaper here, but the older styles of STF and SPF are more expensive along with everything else that has gone up since covid.

Anyone else noticed that?

Buttfart Rapedick

• Rep: 202
« Reply #3656 on: March 19, 2021, 12:16:49 PM »
I know a few of you guys are fans of these so I figured I'd let you know that Prize Fighter has wheels again.

https://www.prizefightercutlery.com

I ordered a set of 53mm... They look to be somewhat of a wide but not conical shape, almost like a fat classic. A friend who already has them sent me this Pic -  tablets on the left, PFC 52mm in the middle, and classics on the right.

fs1/2cab

• Rep: 52
    • a short part
« Reply #3657 on: March 19, 2021, 12:30:37 PM »
I know a few of you guys are fans of these so I figured I'd let you know that Prize Fighter has wheels again.

I ordered a set of 53mm... They look to be somewhat of a wide but not conical shape, almost like a fat classic. A friend who already has them sent me this Pic -  tablets on the left, PFC 52mm in the middle, and classics on the right.

That is a real nice shape. I will see if I can get them in Europe. Thanks for the head ups BFRD

Xen

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #3658 on: March 19, 2021, 02:27:44 PM »

That's a fat fucking wheel!

Buttfart Rapedick

• Rep: 202
« Reply #3659 on: March 19, 2021, 03:10:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is a real nice shape. I will see if I can get them in Europe. Thanks for the head ups BFRD

Hit him up on Instagram and see how much it would be. It's basically one dude doing things himself for the right reasons (like DOA, but wheels) so you can communicate directly with him pretty easily. Theres a few shops that are carrying them as well. I know library, comfort, and solstice all have/will have them so keep an eye on their websites.

Alternatively, if you've got a relationship with a local shop or distributor over there it may be worth asking them to order some. I'm sure it would be cheaper than sending a single set over and you could be the cool kid with wheels no one else has and you can be like "yeah it's an underground brand from New York... You've probably never heard of it." and then take a drag off your cigarette and roll your eyes.