Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969544 times)

Paco Supreme and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5850 on: December 28, 2020, 10:58:26 AM »
From what I've noticed , womens definitely appreciate a decent scent. Also know that they depreciate when you smell bad, which is my usual style. From skating or working on the house

Thanks off and boomer.
I have a date on thursday. Will report back ^^

I ordered the third shift DVD from palomino and a anti hero shirt from slam city. We'll see when that will arrive with that brexit stuff.
IG: @flowterspace

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5851 on: December 28, 2020, 01:06:11 PM »
indy 78a barrels for my 6.1s
cant run big trucks rattly loose without wheelbite suicide and this seems to be the next best thing
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5852 on: December 28, 2020, 01:55:25 PM »

8.5x32.125x14.5

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5853 on: December 29, 2020, 12:43:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
shop deck 8.63
bones 56mm wide cut
bones Swiss super 6

éS accel slim
vans berle pro
[close]

How's the fit/toe box on the berle pro? Been looking at low tops for summer and have only heard and read bad things about this shoe.

Wish a shop near me had them to try on myself.
[close]

Personally, I like em. First off, they’re heavy SOBs. But since I mostly ride pools and transition and not jumping off shit, the weight is moot. As for the toe box, it’s wide. Which is nice because I have a wide foot. And it being a lowtop, the Berle was my go to shoe for just going around and walking in. The sole is grippy, but the complaint about it is the waffle design make it a magnet to pebbles.

Overall, I liked skating the Berle more so than the Walker 1. I want to compare it to the Crocketts, but that’ll be after I’m done skating the Rowans.
[close]

Awesome, thank you for the reply and insight. I wouldn't say I have wide feet but some shoes definitely rub my pinky toe, so knowing there's room in the berle means instant buy for me. Most vans have a roomy toe box but just wanted to be sure since like I said, I can't physically try them on anywhere.

I haven't worn vans in a really long time due to foot injuries but got these on sale and they're more comfortable than any vans I wore in the past. Seems to be more support all around than I remember in the half cabs I used to wear. There is plenty of room in the toe box. The Accels I picked up have a tight ass toe box that took a few sessions to spread out. I haven't skated the Berle yet but for wearing, they're pretty sweet. They do seem to run a bit long, I wear 10.5-11, measuring about a thumb width between big to and tip of shoe for comfort. These have about 2 thumb width distance but aren't floppy. Only thing I'm not sure about is the sewed insole.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5854 on: December 29, 2020, 03:26:53 PM »
Perfect wheel, don't even try to change my mind
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5855 on: December 30, 2020, 08:18:32 AM »

8.5x32.125x14.5
nice! I hope they keep that graphic around and press it on a few different shapes.
you wall-hanging it, or skating it?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #5856 on: December 30, 2020, 05:40:21 PM »
Expand Quote

8.5x32.125x14.5
[close]
nice! I hope they keep that graphic around and press it on a few different shapes.

They make it in 8, 8.5 and 8.6 shaped. Gonna buy one for the wall. Sick graphic

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #5857 on: December 30, 2020, 06:08:07 PM »

Got my topxmas box from the corner store, should have had it like 3 weeks ago but he was holding it for me until I got back from Texas and I forgot to tell him to ship it. Such a great shop, definitely one of my favorites. Hooked me up with the really cool collectible cup, a free scumco hoody, and the coolest shop sticker ive ever seen. Oh and the boards are sick too.

Full haul:
- 8.25 Getz (already have one of these from the first small release but its on a really nice fade stain so I never skated it.. Got this one to skate)
- 8.25 Decades movie poster collage (love 80s movies so this graphic is amazing)
- Venture 5.2 hi hollows (for 8.1 DOA flats)
- Thunder red 90a truck rebuild kit
- Hoody, Cup, and Stickers

Definitely check them out. If you have questions hit em up on insta, he usually answers really quickly.

https://thecornerstoreskateshop.bigcartel.com/

Also got 2 strangelove decks. 8.25 elves from southside skateshop in Houston and 8.25 heart skull was a trade with Fletch from DOA. Elves shape is awesome and I'm trying to decide whether to skate it or sell it on ebay because apparently the hypebeast kids are paying $300 for them. Heart skull im pretty sure im going to skate, although those go for like a buck fifty too. Although I'm glad Cliver is hopefully making bank, I want strangelove to stop making dunks so people stop buying the decks as a fashion accessory.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #5858 on: December 30, 2020, 06:18:35 PM »

Got my topxmas box from the corner store, should have had it like 3 weeks ago but he was holding it for me until I got back from Texas and I forgot to tell him to ship it. Such a great shop, definitely one of my favorites. Hooked me up with the really cool collectible cup, a free scumco hoody, and the coolest shop sticker ive ever seen. Oh and the boards are sick too.

Full haul:
- 8.25 Getz (already have one of these from the first small release but its on a really nice fade stain so I never skated it.. Got this one to skate)
- 8.25 Decades movie poster collage (love 80s movies so this graphic is amazing)
- Venture 5.2 hi hollows (for 8.1 DOA by flats)
- Thunder red 90a truck rebuild kit
- Hoody, Cup, and Stickers

I’m riding a TOPX right now. I really like the shape and the wood. Most def gonna check that out.

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5859 on: December 30, 2020, 06:37:30 PM »
Expand Quote

8.5x32.125x14.5
[close]

I haven't decided yet.  I'm a big fan of the 8.5 dimensions.  I might double up so I can skate one and keep another for the wall.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5860 on: December 30, 2020, 11:51:51 PM »
polar surf pants
got them $30 off, interested to see if they are worth the hype. my dickies need a break any way it goes
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5861 on: December 31, 2020, 05:25:17 AM »
polar surf pants
got them $30 off, interested to see if they are worth the hype. my dickies need a break any way it goes
feel like I’ve heard they’re lighter weight so might be a bit thin for these winters in the northeast. Interested to see how they fit length wise

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #5862 on: December 31, 2020, 05:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote
polar surf pants
[close]
feel like I’ve heard they’re lighter weight so might be a bit thin for these winters in the northeast. Interested to see how they fit length wise

I wore a pair of mine with thermals under the other day. They were fine for just wearing, going from car to store, probably wouldn't do that if I was planning to skate/be outside for a long time though. I'm 30 minutes outside of philly, it's been mid 30's the last week for reference.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5863 on: December 31, 2020, 05:58:01 AM »

I’m riding a TOPX right now. I really like the shape and the wood. Most def gonna check that out.

They're Generator/BBS wood and the mold they use is probably the most common stock one for popsicles, so if you ever want another one but can't find a TOPX I can probably help you track one down. A lot of smaller brands and shop decks use it so its usually pretty easy to find one. I have a Traffic Luke Malaney deck thats the same so I would guess most traffic boards use it as well. Just beware that some of the other theories distribution brands (including theories themselves) have been using clutch due to covid making it really hard to get wood. I think theres a clutch shape that's very similar but with a slightly longer nose although I don't remember which one it is.

Theres also a pretty cool company from Portland called Merde that I think uses the same bbs mold.. the one I have is a little mellower than my terror boards but I'm pretty sure its just because its a bottom of the stack board. Most of their graphics are really cool and the guy who owns it is super friendly and knowledgeable.

Basically if you see a generator/bbs deck thats the same dimensions  (the 8.25" is 31.8" with a 14.25" wheelbase) and its not from one of the big guys who have their own molds (bakerboys, deluxe, element, FA etc) theres a good chance itll be the same as the terror one.

What trucks are you riding? I tend to have issues with BBS tails and high trucks but I skated the traffic with Ace 44s and really liked it. I'm going to try Venture 5.6 hollows on this one since they're only slightly higher but if I end up struggling like I usually do then I might try films to see if the mid-height/short wheelbase combo works as well as it did with aces.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #5864 on: December 31, 2020, 06:00:31 AM »

buy a new plank, it arrives, 3h later my region of the uk gets put in tier 4 meaning for lack of better words i cant skate

brilliant

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5865 on: December 31, 2020, 07:18:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Basically if you see a generator/bbs deck thats the same dimensions  (the 8.25" is 31.8" with a 14.25" wheelbase) and its not from one of the big guys who have their own molds (bakerboys, deluxe, element, FA etc) theres a good chance itll be the same as the terror one.

What trucks are you riding? I tend to have issues with BBS tails and high trucks but I skated the traffic with Ace 44s and really liked it. I'm going to try Venture 5.6 hollows on this one since they're only slightly higher but if I end up struggling like I usually do then I might try films to see if the mid-height/short wheelbase combo works as well as it did with aces.

Awesome to know. Thank You.

I'm on the 8.75 with a 14.5 WB on Ace 55s for transition purposes.

I want to try one with a shorter WB on my Ace 44s.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5866 on: December 31, 2020, 09:23:04 AM »
We're back into lockdown so I ordered some stuff I really don't need via curbside pickup from the local as they're getting hammered with the loss of a lot of snowboard/snow gear sales this time of year (ski hills have been shut down). Got a Darkroom Purgatorio and some Dickies 874s. Board is a tank at 33x8.8 so not sure if it will be a wall hanger or will be heading back to get some 159s in the new year.

Happy New Year's everyone - stay safe and be well.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5867 on: December 31, 2020, 10:59:32 AM »
Found a pair of these for a little over 50 bucks shipped, super stoked

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5868 on: December 31, 2020, 03:41:26 PM »

Quasi 8.5 - Proto
Quasi 8.5 - Logo
Crocket Hi
Spitfire F4 - 54mm conical 99a
Spitfire F4 - 56mm classic 97a

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5869 on: December 31, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »

Quasi 8.5 - Proto
Quasi 8.5 - Logo
Crocket Hi
Spitfire F4 - 54mm conical 99a
Spitfire F4 - 56mm classic 97a

I don't want to influence you or impart any bias before you skate it, but I'm curious how that red proto feels to you. I recently got the 8.25 and was mega stoked as I love red stain, but it felt noticeably thicker and duller than the previous quasis (8.25 purple proto, GC acidply, GTH, and 8.37 AD after death) as well as most other PS decks I've skated. I switched from venture hollows to ace 44s and for whatever reason that made it feel a lot better but not in the usual PS way. It still feels heavy and like I'm thumping the ground rather than snapping off it when I pop. I do like it now and the shape is still fantastic as always but I'm curious if its a weird batch of wood or I just got a dud or something.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5870 on: December 31, 2020, 06:06:55 PM »
I’ve skated a couple of Quasis before and they felt ligth and crisp. Hopefully it was just a bad batch of wood. Anyways, it won’t stop me from enjoying it.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5871 on: January 02, 2021, 05:03:19 PM »

Stopped by the skateshop before going skating today and grabbed a surf shape. It was a total impulse buy, but I’ll eventually set it up as a skatepark board
fuck you bama

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #5872 on: January 02, 2021, 05:28:58 PM »
Bought some thunders from one local and paid more than what they would cost online... picked up a real, end racism, deck For the wall.

Went to another shop and got a thrasher hoodie and a sheet of drkrm grip. Also bought a sheet of mob for a kid who was trying to get the cheapest deck possible.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #5873 on: January 03, 2021, 01:51:33 PM »
Just got that Tyson Baker 8.0 deck. Put Thunder 148s on it and so far so good.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #5874 on: January 03, 2021, 03:52:00 PM »
Cardiel antihero egg 9.2
Bronson raws cause they were priced as G2,  hope I haven't made a mistake

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5875 on: January 03, 2021, 05:53:43 PM »
Cardiel antihero egg 9.2
Ok pals... Who's going to be "that guy"?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5876 on: January 03, 2021, 07:59:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Cardiel antihero egg 9.2
[close]

Honestly, I like my raws. If you’re mostly riding skateparks, they’re awesome.

KillDayoy

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5877 on: January 03, 2021, 08:23:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cardiel antihero egg 9.2
[close]
[close]

Honestly, I like my raws. If you’re mostly riding skateparks, they’re awesome.

Shit, my raws have been handling the crust I've been skating much better than the set of bones swiss I have

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5878 on: January 03, 2021, 09:40:02 PM »

Stopped by the skateshop before going skating today and grabbed a surf shape. It was a total impulse buy, but I’ll eventually set it up as a skatepark board
you’re about to have a lot of fun, I just made mine my main board and I have the biggest smile on my face every time I ride it!
They sell out quick so you’ll be glad you made the impulse buy

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Chevy Beretta

« Reply #5879 on: January 03, 2021, 09:57:20 PM »
Vans Kyle Walker 2s. Might be my new favorite shoe. They look pretty crazy but they’re so comfortable.