Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969861 times)

Filip and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7770 on: July 31, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »
Tyshawn Low. After about 10 years of only Lakai's my feet feel like some more support and less floppy sidewalls.

Campus ADV and Samba ADV also look pretty sick. ADV is like some Adidas Cupsole yeah?
IG: @flowterspace

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #7771 on: July 31, 2022, 11:05:28 AM »
Tyshawn Low. After about 10 years of only Lakai's my feet feel like some more support and less floppy sidewalls.

Campus ADV and Samba ADV also look pretty sick. ADV is like some Adidas Cupsole yeah?

How do you like the Tyshawn’s? I had the first Tyshawn’s and I can’t remember but I think I went a 1/2 size up

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7772 on: July 31, 2022, 11:30:11 AM »
ADV stands for advanced I’m pretty sure. It’s an upgraded for skating version of specific shoes. The Gazelle ADV is still a vulc for example
fuck you bama

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #7773 on: July 31, 2022, 07:01:15 PM »
Went ahead and broke down and ordered the Dane 1 shape today...i was going to wait a little bit and was trying to decide between the Dane 1 or a big heroin egg. Cant wait to try the Polar out. Have only heard good things about it.

Have been wanting a polar dane 1 shape for a while but didnt have an 9 inch trucks....could have ordered indys or ace for it, but went with the most unpopular pick and got some 9 inch krux k5s for it since they were on sale this week. I may hate them or i may love them. I know the easy choice for me would of been indy or ace but i ride indy on my regular daily setup and wanted to switch it up and try something new. Ill update on the k5 trucks once i ride them

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #7774 on: August 01, 2022, 05:00:34 AM »

Been wearing the all white leather Samba ADVs all summer as chillers. Super comfortable for walking around and cruising but I don’t know how they’d hold up to an actual session of skating

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #7775 on: August 01, 2022, 05:20:32 AM »

Been really into brown shoes with a black sole lately so i snagged these from Depop.   

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #7776 on: August 01, 2022, 06:41:42 AM »

Been really into brown shoes with a black sole lately so i snagged these from Depop.

These are so good

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7777 on: August 01, 2022, 07:28:22 AM »
Went ahead and broke down and ordered the Dane 1 shape today...i was going to wait a little bit and was trying to decide between the Dane 1 or a big heroin egg. Cant wait to try the Polar out. Have only heard good things about it.

Expand Quote
Have been wanting a polar dane 1 shape for a while but didnt have an 9 inch trucks....could have ordered indys or ace for it, but went with the most unpopular pick and got some 9 inch krux k5s for it since they were on sale this week. I may hate them or i may love them. I know the easy choice for me would of been indy or ace but i ride indy on my regular daily setup and wanted to switch it up and try something new. Ill update on the k5 trucks once i ride them
[close]

Hell yeah man, that’s going to be a fun set up. Update us in the polar shapes thread once you have some time on it!

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #7778 on: August 02, 2022, 11:31:09 PM »
i ordered the pd dist 5 years at the bottom dvd last week and the folks over at pd dist hooked it up with a bunch of stickers as well as dvds of boys of summer 2 and shep dawgs 5

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #7779 on: August 03, 2022, 06:55:00 AM »
Haven't skated NB# for a while. Got these for $50

https://imgur.com/DkyrKhv

DAMN I MISS THOSE!!!!
best shoe I ever had... skated 7 pairs, best 2 years ever

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #7780 on: August 03, 2022, 08:16:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Busenitz vintage
Campus ADV’s
Shintaro Hongo DC Metrics

I haven’t had a pair of cupsole Campus’ since before the launch of this version of Adidas Skateboarding. I’m guessing the last time was around 2006. I loved them then. Not sure why I’ve waited 16 years to get another pair to skate  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[close]

Those DCs look really sick. made me go rewatch his wknd part and he was wearing them in a few clips.

The Hongo's look way better in non stock photos. Look less like a toy. I also thought that they didn't have laces, and those were elastic straps.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #7781 on: August 03, 2022, 06:28:42 PM »
2x welcome evil twin

Finally found a twin tail with my preferred dimensions for my lanky ass (8.75x32.45x14.75"). Moderately stoked on the graphic too.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 173
« Reply #7782 on: August 03, 2022, 11:52:01 PM »
Got another Harry Lintell 8.28 to keep on Ice as I’m loving my current set up.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #7783 on: August 04, 2022, 02:50:45 AM »
I got a pair of the Spanky shoes for 49 bucks shipped. Putthem on yesterday andthey feel great. Super stiff in the hand but very nice on the feet. Can’t wait to not land anything in them.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #7784 on: August 04, 2022, 10:56:59 AM »
I got a pair of the Spanky shoes for 49 bucks shipped. Putthem on yesterday andthey feel great. Super stiff in the hand but very nice on the feet. Can’t wait to not land anything in them.

I feel this in my soul 🤣

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7785 on: August 04, 2022, 11:59:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How do you like the Tyshawn’s? I had the first Tyshawn’s and I can’t remember but I think I went a 1/2 size up

The fit on the Tyshawn Lows is pretty good for my weak, skinny feet. True to size 7.5 for me. But I don't like that my ankles sit a bit higher in these, or that they cut the ankle side of the shoe lower for this model. But for chilling they are great. I will check the new Campus ADV out soon.

But it's still, that Lakai's fit me the best. But they are Lakai's

Bold

• Rep: 18
« Reply #7786 on: August 04, 2022, 01:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel this in my soul 🤣
Add me to the list.

As to the shoes, they feel so good I wore them around the house all day yesterday and I'm probably going to wear them again tomorrow.

Thebird

• Rep: 152
« Reply #7787 on: August 04, 2022, 02:04:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel this in my soul 🤣
[close]
Add me to the list.

As to the shoes, they feel so good I wore them around the house all day yesterday and I'm probably going to wear them again tomorrow.

These shoes are some of the most comfortable I've had in a long time.  I had to get each color, and I hipe they release more.  So far they have been solid to skate in too.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #7788 on: August 05, 2022, 08:21:31 PM »
UMA Smith
8.25" x 31.93" / 14.3" WB

Red portions are hand sprayed (but have full dip coverage).

Now to pair up trucks:

149 Indy forged mids/ACE 44 lows/Royals (148/149s)

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7789 on: August 05, 2022, 09:06:35 PM »
Is that the same as the DLX 8.25? Looks good on paper. I would put it on Thunders.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7790 on: August 05, 2022, 11:31:00 PM »
I can’t do thunders with a 14.38 WB, turns it into a boat.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #7791 on: August 06, 2022, 05:25:40 AM »

Got these for 50 bucks with free shipping on the nike site. I always end up coming back to blazers after skating a shoe that blows out to quick and falls apart so easily. Hyped to skate these again.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #7792 on: August 06, 2022, 12:34:20 PM »
Grabbed an 8.5 Quasi. Listed as 33” but most def 32 and a little change.

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #7793 on: August 06, 2022, 05:29:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel this in my soul 🤣
[close]
Add me to the list.

[close]

These shoes are some of the most comfortable I've had in a long time.  I had to get each color, and I hipe they release more.  So far they have been solid to skate in too.

I’m fucking embarrassed to say this but I just bought some on Amazon… because they were $34. Only one pair left in my size so I guess that’s why they were so cheap but I could not pass that up. The original shoe was one of my favorite shoes back in the day so I had to do it

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7794 on: August 07, 2022, 12:19:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel this in my soul 🤣
[close]
Add me to the list.

[close]

[close]

I’m fucking embarrassed to say this but I just bought some on Amazon… because they were $34. Only one pair left in my size so I guess that’s why they were so cheap but I could not pass that up. The original shoe was one of my favorite shoes back in the day so I had to do it

How is the toe box on the Spanky KSL G6 shoe? Most Emerica are a bit wide for me there. I prefer a slim and narrow toe box in my skate shoes.

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7795 on: August 07, 2022, 01:09:25 AM »

Busenitz vintage
Campus ADV’s
Shintaro Hongo DC Metrics

I haven’t had a pair of cupsole Campus’ since before the launch of this version of Adidas Skateboarding. I’m guessing the last time was around 2006. I loved them then. Not sure why I’ve waited 16 years to get another pair to skate  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those DCs look sick. I'm gonna get a pair if I find one. Would like to hear how's the fit and feel.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7796 on: August 07, 2022, 05:19:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel this in my soul 🤣
[close]
Add me to the list.

[close]

[close]

[close]

How is the toe box on the Spanky KSL G6 shoe? Most Emerica are a bit wide for me there. I prefer a slim and narrow toe box in my skate shoes.

If emericas are wide for you, you'll think these wide. I prefer/need a wide toe box, and while these aren't as wide as I normally want, they squashed out and are pretty roomy. The new Provost look narrow (same pour in g6)

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #7797 on: August 10, 2022, 12:47:15 PM »
The twin Evil Twins are in

Pretty fucking stoked to set one of these up but probably won't be for a couple more months as the Flight deck has invincible pop

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7798 on: August 10, 2022, 01:07:17 PM »
The twin Evil Twins are in

Pretty fucking stoked to set one of these up but probably won't be for a couple more months as the Flight deck has invincible pop

That graphic and shape looks good. I think I missed the memo, that Welcome is on BBS wood now.
Duffel's guest deck also looks nice.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7799 on: August 11, 2022, 11:27:19 AM »

Element round rail. A friend that works for Boardriders hooked it up with a VIP discount code and I was able to get it for $80. I’m hoping to add some spice to my morning time solo sessions
fuck you bama