Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 783629 times)

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1650 on: February 24, 2020, 01:53:33 PM »
Expand Quote
what’s the fit on the 212’s? I wear a 9 in just about everything, but I wanna make sure these are TTS before ordering online.
[close]
Half size down was a perfect fit for me bud. I read up quite a bit before I ordered them and the general consensus was 1/2 size down with the 212 an 213. I'm normally a 10 in all skate shoes and I got a 9.5 and I am glad I did.

good looks, appreciate it.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1651 on: February 24, 2020, 02:37:30 PM »
Expand Quote
WHERE WE AT WITH THE NB NUMERIC HIGH TOP???????
[close]

Nov 1...2020...something special coming your way.  I can't show pics or anything but you'll be hyped.  Proper hi-top coming

THAT'S LIKE 300 YEARS FROM NOW

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1652 on: February 24, 2020, 02:44:01 PM »
Words cannot describe how excited I am for that fucking cupsole high top.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1653 on: February 24, 2020, 03:30:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what’s the fit on the 212’s? I wear a 9 in just about everything, but I wanna make sure these are TTS before ordering online.
[close]
Half size down was a perfect fit for me bud. I read up quite a bit before I ordered them and the general consensus was 1/2 size down with the 212 an 213. I'm normally a 10 in all skate shoes and I got a 9.5 and I am glad I did.
[close]

good looks, appreciate it.

Personally the pair I had were unwearable because I went half a size down and my toes were pushed up against the front of the shoe. Too short lengthwise. Shoes are really wide though, was surprised.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1654 on: February 24, 2020, 04:48:06 PM »
^Starting to think NB has some kind of crazy club-foot last.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1655 on: February 24, 2020, 09:45:28 PM »
^Starting to think NB has some kind of crazy club-foot last.

For those w/ wider feet, they are ideal.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1656 on: February 25, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
^ That is not my experience with the 212. I also have the 440 and it is definitely not wide.

If you went down half a size on the 212 and it was too short then you should have gotten TTS.

I followed Rothdigga's advice and got a half size down for a pretty good fit. I probably could have gotten away with TTS but this is prob better. I'm really a vulc guy anyway. I'm not exactly sure whey I got them.

440 is TTS but snug.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 07:42:16 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1657 on: February 26, 2020, 06:17:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Ordered 868 and some PJ Ladd' s.. 50% off
 I had no idea about sizing so I went with what I wear in Adidas seems about right.

Only skated the 868 briefly seem like they will be very once broken in....
quality on both seem top notch..
originally bought the second pair to get free shipping but will be keeping both

Are the 868 over and done with?
[close]
868's aren't totally over and done with, but they aren't part of the assortment anymore.  But we will bring them back for special drops from time to time.  But once the Tiago drops, anyone who was an 868 fan should be able to jump right into those and be super stoked.  His shoe is amazing.

Good to hear. Ever since I heard the possibility they were done I’ve been hoarding, up to 12 pairs now. Slept on the surrey colorway unfortunately, won’t do that again if a new one drops in the future.

rothdigga

• Rep: 573
« Reply #1658 on: February 26, 2020, 12:24:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
WHERE WE AT WITH THE NB NUMERIC HIGH TOP???????
[close]

Nov 1...2020...something special coming your way.  I can't show pics or anything but you'll be hyped.  Proper hi-top coming
[close]

THAT'S LIKE 300 YEARS FROM NOW

We're from the future...so 300 years IS now for us...

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1659 on: February 27, 2020, 12:50:48 PM »
Does anyone know if the 440 will come out in an all-white colourway again? I missed my chance with the last white/grey option and my girlfriend shut me down on the Tom Knox colourway because of the colour pops (shes probably right anyways)

does anyone know if an online shop might still have the white colourways?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1660 on: February 27, 2020, 12:54:02 PM »
Does anyone know if the 440 will come out in an all-white colourway again? I missed my chance with the last white/grey option and my girlfriend shut me down on the Tom Knox colourway because of the colour pops (shes probably right anyways)

Funny, my wife tried the same. She now admits that she was wrong after they broke in.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1661 on: February 27, 2020, 01:25:28 PM »
Wish those Tom Knox 440 were still on NB website, got this coupon set to expire.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1662 on: February 27, 2020, 03:21:51 PM »
Before I could choose any NB#, now that I moved back this damn place has ZERO shoes... Not a single on won the damn nb webpage... </3
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rothdigga

« Reply #1663 on: February 27, 2020, 04:36:24 PM »

Tactics has our Spring 2020 all white (with the tan leather heel tab) in full sizes.  They also have the Knox available still in some sizes...show your girl that Thrasher cover he got in them to sway her mind! 

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1664 on: March 02, 2020, 01:54:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Funny, my wife tried the same. She now admits that she was wrong after they broke in.

Hahaha, we both got a good laugh out of this one.

Expand Quote

[close]

Tactics has our Spring 2020 all white (with the tan leather heel tab) in full sizes.  They also have the Knox available still in some sizes...show your girl that Thrasher cover he got in them to sway her mind!

I think im set on these and also a pair of Emericas (after GREEN)! The stock photo wasnt selling me on the blue and brown but the tactics photo is way more realistic and I love them.

Usually I do a 10/10.5 in everything else. Mostly skate Vans in a 10. Should I get 10.5 in the 440?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #1665 on: March 02, 2020, 01:56:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hahaha, we both got a good laugh out of this one.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think im set on these and also a pair of Emericas (after GREEN)! The stock photo wasnt selling me on the blue and brown but the tactics photo is way more realistic and I love them.

Usually I do a 10/10.5 in everything else. Mostly skate Vans in a 10. Should I get 10.5 in the 440?
Go for 10.5
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1666 on: March 03, 2020, 08:42:11 AM »
The 913 in a 13 felt too roomy in the toe.

Will I be okay with the 440 in a 12?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1667 on: March 03, 2020, 09:04:22 AM »

The 440 toe is not roomy in my opinion. I wear an 11 in sb dunks for example and the 11 in 440 is the correct size but has much less toe wiggle room. Hope that helps.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1668 on: March 03, 2020, 10:10:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The 440 toe is not roomy in my opinion. I wear an 11 in sb dunks for example and the 11 in 440 is the correct size but has much less toe wiggle room. Hope that helps.
thanks, yes! Saw your previous comments in the thread about the toebox height and shape as well. Have you tried the 288 to compare?
edit- just grabbed 440's for $45, customer service combined my rewards (that had just expired), i'll take it, great CS.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:11:29 AM by jay_nev »

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1669 on: March 05, 2020, 07:50:49 PM »
288’s are roomier in the toe. I’ve got that pair on ice rn but I’m hyped to skate them later.

So NB makes a high top cupsole Blazer for J Crew?

Has anyone skated these?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1670 on: March 06, 2020, 06:08:44 AM »
Two new colors of 440 not on nb site yet

Wasn’t someone asking for white?

https://skateparkoftampa.com/company/5092/New_Balance_Numeric
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:10:21 AM by jay_nev »

rothdigga

« Reply #1671 on: March 06, 2020, 10:55:21 AM »
288’s are roomier in the toe. I’ve got that pair on ice rn but I’m hyped to skate them later.

Has anyone skated these?

Please don't try to skate that JCrew shoe, it didn't come from Numeric.  Quoting my boss just now..."it's an old shoe and would skate like dogshit".  We have much better versions coming out.  A new mid in July and the proper hi-top I alluded to that hits in Nov.  Just being honest here. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:58:14 AM by rothdigga »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #1672 on: March 06, 2020, 11:10:53 AM »
Expand Quote

Has anyone skated these?

[close]

Please don't try to skate that JCrew shoe, it didn't come from Numeric.  Quoting my boss just now..."it's an old shoe and would skate like dogshit".  We have much better versions coming out.  A new mid in July and the proper hi-top I alluded to that hits in Nov.  Just being honest here.
That's the kind of company what I would love to work for   ;D
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1673 on: March 06, 2020, 07:58:44 PM »
Two new colors of 440 not on nb site yet

Wasn’t someone asking for white?

https://skateparkoftampa.com/company/5092/New_Balance_Numeric

eyy thank you! Too bad SPoT doesnt ship to Canada. Now im torn between those and the white/brown/navy

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1674 on: March 09, 2020, 11:53:25 AM »
Sizing got me frustrated. Both size 12’s. 913 Green and Nike Sb blazer gt low tan. These 913 look like a friggin 11 just by eye and measure WAY shorter. Never mind the flat toe. Because this is an older colorway, has sizing changed since then? Thought I might’ve read about that.

12 in the 440 felt fine when trying in, a pair of those will be here Thursday
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:12:41 PM by jay_nev »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1675 on: March 09, 2020, 11:58:01 AM »
Size 13 versus 12. The 12 looks like a kids shoe

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1676 on: March 09, 2020, 12:56:52 PM »
Sizing got me frustrated. Both size 12’s. 913 Green and Nike Sb blazer gt low tan. These 913 look like a friggin 11 just by eye and measure WAY shorter. Never mind the flat toe. Because this is an older colorway, has sizing changed since then? Thought I might’ve read about that.

I just skated the 913 and 440 - I normally wear an 11, but in numeric wear an 11.5 in everything but the pro court which is TTS. Basically, you'll need to half size up (but I know most places don't make a 12.5 so could be tough).

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1677 on: March 09, 2020, 01:01:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just skated the 913 and 440 - I normally wear an 11, but in numeric wear an 11.5 in everything but the pro court which is TTS. Basically, you'll need to half size up (but I know most places don't make a 12.5 so could be tough).
for sure, yeah 12.5 doesn’t exist in skate shoes. Same with vans. 13 feels a bit too roomy but I’ll have to adjust.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1678 on: March 09, 2020, 02:34:47 PM »
I have some 440's coming tomorrow and hope they work out.  I've ridden Adidas exclusively for the last 5 years, but wanted to change it up.

All the sizing talk has me fucked up, but as someone who fit tts in Busenitz Pro's, I'm hoping I'm ok.

UrbanSombrero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #1679 on: March 09, 2020, 04:19:47 PM »
I have some 440's coming tomorrow and hope they work out.  I've ridden Adidas exclusively for the last 5 years, but wanted to change it up.

All the sizing talk has me fucked up, but as someone who fit tts in Busenitz Pro's, I'm hoping I'm ok.

I wear a 10.5 in busenitz pros and 10.5 in the 440 fits me perfectly. Both of these shoes are my go to cupsoles.