Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765809 times)

Lloyd Braun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3120 on: March 31, 2021, 05:08:55 PM »
Was in Zumiez today, I fucking know... But I wanted to check out the shape of that new Real Natas/Silva deck that just came out and they had it in stock. Long story short as I was leaving I checked out the pile of sale rack shoes they had instore and low and behold the 4 pairs of NB# 440 HIs I returned were still sitting there, now at bogo 50% off. For the hell of it I tried them on one last time since these are long gone and ended up rebuying them as they didn't feel as tight in the toe as they did when I first bought them.

* I was also healing a broken ankle so that could of been what was throwing me off with the feel and sizing on this shoe first time around.

I think the NB# 440 and the Vans Crockett High are god tier skate shoes. Can't go wrong with either.

Well if your gonna buy from Zumies, that’s a pretty savage way to do it

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3121 on: April 01, 2021, 10:40:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Was in Zumiez today, I fucking know... But I wanted to check out the shape of that new Real Natas/Silva deck that just came out and they had it in stock. Long story short as I was leaving I checked out the pile of sale rack shoes they had instore and low and behold the 4 pairs of NB# 440 HIs I returned were still sitting there, now at bogo 50% off. For the hell of it I tried them on one last time since these are long gone and ended up rebuying them as they didn't feel as tight in the toe as they did when I first bought them.

* I was also healing a broken ankle so that could of been what was throwing me off with the feel and sizing on this shoe first time around.

I think the NB# 440 and the Vans Crockett High are god tier skate shoes. Can't go wrong with either.

[close]

This is like when Rocco sold World to CCS/NYC Capital group and when they ran it into the ground, he bought it back for 1/2 the price he sold it to them for...then he sold it to Globe for more again the 2nd time.  Solid move!

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3122 on: April 01, 2021, 01:19:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This is like when Rocco sold World to CCS/NYC Capital group and when they ran it into the ground, he bought it back for 1/2 the price he sold it to them for...then he sold it to Globe for more again the 2nd time.  Solid move!

And people think there’s no money in skating smh

CountryCoral

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3123 on: April 01, 2021, 05:22:15 PM »
Did we ever get a picture of the spring 288S? Can't seem to find one...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3124 on: April 01, 2021, 08:13:51 PM »
Not sure if this is the thread for this comment but so stoked about Cairo trying wheat 1010
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3125 on: April 01, 2021, 09:54:29 PM »
Not sure if this is the thread for this comment but so stoked about Cairo trying wheat 1010

I’d love to try them out too, but unfortunately I’m on the side of the tracks where I have to pay for the shoes I want to try

@rothdigga just send me one pair from Tate's box.  he won't mind
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 02:27:23 AM by Atiba Applebum »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3126 on: April 02, 2021, 06:01:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d love to try them out too, but unfortunately I’m on the side of the tracks where I have to pay for the shoes I want to try

@rothdigga just send me one pair from Tate's box.  he won't mind
I would love to be able to pay for NB#, back in Europe I was only skating them. Then I moved to Chile and that came to an end :(
What really sucks it that before you could find them here suoer easy and even cheap.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

LordsofFlatbush

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3127 on: April 02, 2021, 07:17:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone know when those black/ cyan tiagos will be available in the US?
[close]

I think the backlog at the Long Beach Harbor has put release dates in pencil
[close]

Yeah, that whole port delay is really jacking things up out here.  That black 1010 should be here any day, just a matter of when it clears customs and makes it to our warehouse along with the 440-hi, 288S and last 440 lo from Spring 21.
[close]

I surfed yesterday on the Huntington/Newport border and counted at least 10 cargo ships within sight., all on this side of Pedro and definitely not all that were out there. Madness.
[close]

It's crazy looking.  It looked like that after 9/11 and the port was shut down for a couple of weeks, so there was a massive backup then but they got through it pretty quick.  This one is different because the volume of goods coming in is just crazy high.  Just all of the stuff that is now getting restocked from last Summer/Fall/Holiday production coming in. 
And yes, the 213SAM Vegan Samarria should be coming in with the same batch that we're waiting on.

Wouldn't have these problems if New Balance made everything in the U.S.

Just saying.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #3128 on: April 02, 2021, 07:18:31 AM »
Expand Quote
I've decided that I would kill for a pair of 440his in a brown colorway. Not gum though, brown specifically. I loved the brown dunks that came out in europe and the blazer mids are pretty sick except I can't rock the baby blue that's on em. Seems unlikely it would ever happen but a man can dream.
[close]

if they would do the tiago colorway brown/black sole w green highlights... id buy like 10 pairs

This cw real great

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #3129 on: April 02, 2021, 10:45:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, that whole port delay is really jacking things up out here.  That black 1010 should be here any day, just a matter of when it clears customs and makes it to our warehouse along with the 440-hi, 288S and last 440 lo from Spring 21.
[close]

I surfed yesterday on the Huntington/Newport border and counted at least 10 cargo ships within sight., all on this side of Pedro and definitely not all that were out there. Madness.
[close]

It's crazy looking.  It looked like that after 9/11 and the port was shut down for a couple of weeks, so there was a massive backup then but they got through it pretty quick.  This one is different because the volume of goods coming in is just crazy high.  Just all of the stuff that is now getting restocked from last Summer/Fall/Holiday production coming in. 
And yes, the 213SAM Vegan Samarria should be coming in with the same batch that we're waiting on.
[close]

Just saying.

Yeah NB should have seen this coming and completely made over their supply chain to avoid these problems. God I hate it when businesses don't appease my isolationist sentiments and ignore reality like I do!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3130 on: April 02, 2021, 10:48:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just saying.
[close]

Yeah NB should have seen this coming and completely made over their supply chain to avoid these problems. God I hate it when businesses don't appease my isolationist sentiments and ignore reality like I do!
JuSt SaYiNg
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #3132 on: April 03, 2021, 07:33:06 AM »
White/green/gum 440s and black/teal Tiago’s are up on the NB site.  No 213s yet tho :(

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3133 on: April 03, 2021, 12:58:50 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGyMUfhQx_/?igshid=rakpckjwhjsg

Anyone know when these are due for the EU?

Grabbed some 255s because I effin' love them... New balance colours really bug me though. These could easily be royal blue, bright red or forest green. Seems the 212 is the only one that gets fun colours. Granted- blue 379s are dope.

https://imgur.com/a/UHb6mkr

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #3134 on: April 03, 2021, 02:13:10 PM »
They're up on the swedish new balance site, so they should be available now.

https://www.newbalance.se/en/pd/numeric-1010/NM1010V1-34586.html#style=NM1010GB&width=D

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3135 on: April 03, 2021, 02:20:28 PM »
White/green/gum 440s and black/teal Tiago’s are up on the NB site.  No 213s yet tho :(
440hi's have been acquired. will report back when i get them on the size/fit/overall enjoyment.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #3136 on: April 04, 2021, 04:14:40 AM »
Excuse my if i missed it, but how do the 440's compare to the 1010 in terms of sizing? If I'm a 10 in the 1010 will I be a 10 or 9.5 in the 440? I tried the search function but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3137 on: April 04, 2021, 04:23:03 AM »
Excuse my if i missed it, but how do the 440's compare to the 1010 in terms of sizing? If I'm a 10 in the 1010 will I be a 10 or 9.5 in the 440? I tried the search function but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

I've got the same amount of space behind my heal in a pair of 440s that are a half a size larger than my 1010s.

adambomb

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3138 on: April 05, 2021, 05:46:01 PM »
Hey Rothdigga - I saw the black and gum 440 disappeared from the NB website. Are those going up for another eBay fire sale?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3139 on: April 05, 2021, 06:52:58 PM »
Hey Rothdigga - I saw the black and gum 440 disappeared from the NB website. Are those going up for another eBay fire sale?
Slap model 440s broody brother
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3141 on: April 07, 2021, 08:43:29 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3143 on: April 08, 2021, 07:20:37 AM »

New balance 306v1 Jamie Foy Pro

New balance 306v1 Jamie Foy Pro

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #3144 on: April 08, 2021, 10:05:34 AM »

Thanks in advance
I went same size in both and it worked for me.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3145 on: April 08, 2021, 08:35:11 PM »
Damn I want those slip ons.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3146 on: April 09, 2021, 02:27:27 AM »

the german new balance numeric/skate site has like all of 6 shoes and half of them are all coast models. not sure what's up with that. no tiagos or 440s. disappointed because again i waited for my local or other skateshops to get them and none of them have so far. hope this means they now actually drop in shops. it was like that with other models. maybe nb germany wants to sell some shoes first on their site only. no idea though.

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3147 on: April 09, 2021, 05:02:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the german new balance numeric/skate site has like all of 6 shoes and half of them are all coast models. not sure what's up with that. no tiagos or 440s. disappointed because again i waited for my local or other skateshops to get them and none of them have so far. hope this means they now actually drop in shops. it was like that with other models. maybe nb germany wants to sell some shoes first on their site only. no idea though.
Its probably due to Covid shipping delays, completely out of our control, but we're doing our best to get everything delivered.
Get litty.....

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3148 on: April 09, 2021, 05:18:08 PM »
Got the 440hi's in. My first impression: they fit my wide feet that don't fit in a lot of other shoes, very pumped about that. They are just as pretty of a shoe in person as in the promo pictures. They seem to run just a tad big so I would keep this in mind if you're on the smaller side of a size. The insole is really flimsy and thin (less than .5cm) which means it might be time for me to send it on the pricey insoles that I was avoiding having to buy. I don't know if this is a universal issue or just a pair I received issue, but my shoes had a couple quality issues off the bat that I am hoping don't continue to come up.

First, one of my eyelets was only half punched through, meaning I had to really push the shoelace through to get it through and it is quite a tight fit. Second, the lace flap on the other shoe seemed to be glued down like the rest of the stripe going down the shoe, meaning that I had to push something hard through and glue? got all over the shoelace after I put it in. Was able to scrape most of it off, but a little disheartened because I have never had issues with any other NB shoe like this before.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3149 on: April 09, 2021, 05:40:05 PM »
Just got my white/green ones today.  Ordered from the NB site because neither of my locals carry NB