Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765816 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3150 on: April 09, 2021, 10:09:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey Rothdigga - I saw the black and gum 440 disappeared from the NB website. Are those going up for another eBay fire sale?
[close]

the german new balance numeric/skate site has like all of 6 shoes and half of them are all coast models. not sure what's up with that. no tiagos or 440s. disappointed because again i waited for my local or other skateshops to get them and none of them have so far. hope this means they now actually drop in shops. it was like that with other models. maybe nb germany wants to sell some shoes first on their site only. no idea though.
[close]
Its probably due to Covid shipping delays, completely out of our control, but we're doing our best to get everything delivered.

thanks for the heads up. it's just odd because all these models were on the site before and they don't seem to have dropped in shops yet.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3151 on: April 09, 2021, 10:43:20 PM »
Got the 440hi's in. My first impression: they fit my wide feet that don't fit in a lot of other shoes, very pumped about that. They are just as pretty of a shoe in person as in the promo pictures. They seem to run just a tad big so I would keep this in mind if you're on the smaller side of a size. The insole is really flimsy and thin (less than .5cm) which means it might be time for me to send it on the pricey insoles that I was avoiding having to buy. I don't know if this is a universal issue or just a pair I received issue, but my shoes had a couple quality issues off the bat that I am hoping don't continue to come up.

First, one of my eyelets was only half punched through, meaning I had to really push the shoelace through to get it through and it is quite a tight fit. Second, the lace flap on the other shoe seemed to be glued down like the rest of the stripe going down the shoe, meaning that I had to push something hard through and glue? got all over the shoelace after I put it in. Was able to scrape most of it off, but a little disheartened because I have never had issues with any other NB shoe like this before.

Got mine today too, white and green. They look super good irl, and the high top does make it feel more secure and structured than the 440 lows I've skated in the past, which were already quite good

Some differences I've noticed though, its a tiny bit more roomy than the 440 lows I've had in the past, not by much, maybe a quarter of a size at most so its totally fine but the fit isn't exactly identical. Definitely agree that the insole is really flimsy and thin, even more so than the 440 lows I've had in the past which also had super minimal insoles. Feels like it would help with break in time, but even 440s do pack out eventually so my guess is that this would only speed up that process, I'll probably throw in an aftermarket insole after a week or two. There's also a tiny bit more arch support than the lows I've had, definitely a fan of that.

Super stoked on them overall. But would have been good to have a more substantial insole, I quite like the insole of the 913s, something like that would be great. I also think it would be good if the high top section was suede or leather instead of the mesh, would feel a bit more stable that way, but thats definitely a nitpick.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3152 on: April 10, 2021, 02:56:18 AM »
Def agree that it’s big.  Gonna have to return mine for at least a halfsize down.  I’m surprised as well that the insole was so thin particularly as it has its own branding.   Shoe is as beautiful irl as it is in photos.  Off white sole is just the right shade and not too yellow
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 03:03:52 AM by Atiba Applebum »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3153 on: April 10, 2021, 03:03:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey Rothdigga - I saw the black and gum 440 disappeared from the NB website. Are those going up for another eBay fire sale?
[close]

the german new balance numeric/skate site has like all of 6 shoes and half of them are all coast models. not sure what's up with that. no tiagos or 440s. disappointed because again i waited for my local or other skateshops to get them and none of them have so far. hope this means they now actually drop in shops. it was like that with other models. maybe nb germany wants to sell some shoes first on their site only. no idea though.
[close]
Its probably due to Covid shipping delays, completely out of our control, but we're doing our best to get everything delivered.
[close]

thanks for the heads up. it's just odd because all these models were on the site before and they don't seem to have dropped in shops yet.

Just saw them on the NB site

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3154 on: April 10, 2021, 09:09:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Just saw them on the NB site

thanks, yeah, i found them via search bar. they still don't show up on the skate page/line up over here though. @mini greek @rothdigga

Acky Jacky

« Reply #3155 on: April 11, 2021, 11:43:06 AM »
I saw someone at the park yesterday wearing 440 hi’s in a black/suede with white outsoles and gum color bottom sole. They’re not on the website or anything, he said he ordered the Tom Knox ones and got those in the mail instead. What are those? They looked sick.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #3156 on: April 12, 2021, 07:21:45 AM »
I saw someone at the park yesterday wearing 440 hi’s in a black/suede with white outsoles and gum color bottom sole. They’re not on the website or anything, he said he ordered the Tom Knox ones and got those in the mail instead. What are those? They looked sick.

damn, that got me interested!

That colorway looks good in my mind at least!

on another note- returned my US 8 440 highs in whiteleather/green and ordered em a full size down.....curious if they fit me, but sure hope so!

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3157 on: April 12, 2021, 10:26:22 AM »

Now I'M INTERESTED in this also.  Where was this?  US or Europe?  The colorway you're talking about is a Fall 2021 color, so we've got a ways to go before that one drops. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #3159 on: April 12, 2021, 04:10:52 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkmCXVnH20/?igshid=1qa3lfwx8821q
that 288S is a very nice looking shoe. Anyone know how they skate? I've been a 1010 fanboy for like the past 6 months

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
Enjoy your life.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #3161 on: April 12, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »
that 288S is a very nice looking shoe. Anyone know how they skate? I've been a 1010 fanboy for like the past 6 months

stick to the 440s, which are similarly shaped but much better in basically every way. i got a pair and they look cool and heel lock is good but they're extremely thin. too thin i think. i stopped skating them because of that but i don't think they would've lasted long if i hadn't.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #3162 on: April 12, 2021, 05:07:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Now I'M INTERESTED in this also.  Where was this?  US or Europe?  The colorway you're talking about is a Fall 2021 color, so we've got a ways to go before that one drops.

This was NY. Idk I didn’t inquire too much but he said he loves 440s now. They definitely looked sick, lucky dude got the exclusive shipment.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #3163 on: April 13, 2021, 04:28:26 AM »
Those 440his have a nice shape to them.

Has anyone cut off the "N" on the side? I kinda want buy those but I would like to first see them with out the "N".

would be sweet if nb# did some models without the huge "N".

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3164 on: April 13, 2021, 07:40:55 AM »

Has anyone cut off the "N" on the side? I kinda want buy those but I would like to first see them with out the "N".

Can’t tell if this is a joke ha. If not you can easily use a seam ripper to remove the N.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #3165 on: April 13, 2021, 08:28:45 AM »
Kinetic has the 440 Hi in Black/Gum online now.

Oh my

dunc

• Rep: 49
« Reply #3166 on: April 13, 2021, 02:01:48 PM »

Wait ? What ? Always thought it was a z ?
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #3167 on: April 13, 2021, 02:28:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can’t tell if this is a joke ha. If not you can easily use a seam ripper to remove the N.

try removing the hi collar and the N

hardly art, hardly starving

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3168 on: April 13, 2021, 02:30:56 PM »
So, I wear a 13, have a wideish foot, (especially toebox) top of my arch sits kind of high. I want a vegan shoe if possible.

The new Vans are such dog shit in terms of the slip-ons and skate-his. Im gonna try the half cabs but if they dont work out...

What should I try? @rothdigga got an idea?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:41:20 PM by bigdave »
ok thanks

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #3169 on: April 13, 2021, 02:46:26 PM »
Samarria 213s in stock on the NB site now
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nm213/NM213V1-37928.html

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3170 on: April 13, 2021, 03:11:41 PM »
black gum 440 high on NB

looks like a new colorway as well
New Balance Numeric NM255

and the white 288s is up
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/numeric-288-sport/NM288SV1-33485.html
Numeric 288 Sport

rothdigga

« Reply #3171 on: April 13, 2021, 04:19:06 PM »
So, I wear a 13, have a wideish foot, (especially toebox) top of my arch sits kind of high. I want a vegan shoe if possible.

The new Vans are such dog shit in terms of the slip-ons and skate-his. Im gonna try the half cabs but if they dont work out...

For a couple of vegan options, try the one listed above (NM213SAM) which just posted today and also should be at shops any day now.  The 13 in that shoe will fit a little large, more like a 13.5, but that might not be a bad thing.
Our other upcoming vegan option is the Franky NM255FRV.  That one is just now hitting shops.  A 13 in that should also be a decent width.  I would try the 213 first given that you said you had a wide foot. 

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3172 on: April 13, 2021, 07:49:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
For a couple of vegan options, try the one listed above (NM213SAM) which just posted today and also should be at shops any day now.  The 13 in that shoe will fit a little large, more like a 13.5, but that might not be a bad thing.
Our other upcoming vegan option is the Franky NM255FRV.  That one is just now hitting shops.  A 13 in that should also be a decent width.  I would try the 213 first given that you said you had a wide foot.

Sick. Thanks. Are there gonna be any colors for the 213 other than the white?
ok thanks

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #3173 on: April 13, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »
the white 288's look clean

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3174 on: April 13, 2021, 10:17:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I know how to remove the "N". I was asking how it will look as the mesh has me worried it'll look ugly.

Thank you Art for the pic, they look clean-ish!

But please tell me how did you un-high it?

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #3175 on: April 13, 2021, 10:30:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know how to remove the "N". I was asking how it will look as the mesh has me worried it'll look ugly.

It's the low top version from a previous seaon...

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3176 on: April 14, 2021, 03:12:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's the low top version from a previous seaon...

http://tenor.com/HKzs.gif

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #3177 on: April 14, 2021, 07:13:25 AM »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3178 on: April 14, 2021, 07:26:30 AM »
hot weiners on the insole and backtab.. ok
im a huge franky fan, but ...
hey at least the huge N on the side blends in to the shoe for once

rothdigga

« Reply #3179 on: April 14, 2021, 09:13:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Sick. Thanks. Are there gonna be any colors for the 213 other than the white?
There are plenty of other options on the 213's, but these are the only vegan option as all of the other ones use suede (they're a canvas/suede mix).  We usually do a 213 every other season as now that we have 440-hi, we don't need that many mid/Hi top options.